Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Emum - my Obst was so nice. He only did an external US, no other exam as he said he wouldn't dream of doing an internal after what I have been through. He wasn't worried over the small amount of tissue at all. Said it should pass or be reabsorbed.

I have been googling, and there is alot of conflicting stories and advice ladies have been given about ttc after MC. Alot have been told to wait 3 to 4 months so the lining has time to rebuild and your body to get baCk to normal so chances of another MC decrease. Whats everyones viewpoint on this?

I think you should take the personalized advice of your own doctor.

I wasn't actually given any advice as to when I could try again, but my loss this time was at 6 weeks so quite early on. The most recent research I could find published in the UK said that there was statistically no difference in outcome between waiting to conceive and conceiving straightaway, so I have opted to try again immediately. But I am swayed by the fact that I am older and have had fertility problems in the past, so don't want to waste any small chance. If there was something about the nature of my loss which meant I had been advised to wait for longer (eg a molar or ectopic) then I would do so.

Thanks Emum. Our Dr didn't say we could't try this month...as I stepped in and said next month we were thinking about trying and he didn't have a problem with that. He also wants me back in 6 weeks time to check how everything is going. Thank you for the info Emum :hugs:. We also are swayed by fertility issues and time, I understand what you mean. We conceived our first via ICSI/IVF after being a LTTTCer. So we would like to make the most of our time. We are also no spring chickens either (38 and 50).

Good luck Emum :hugs:

:dust: :dust: :dust: to all

Thanks lioness. You too.

Apparently, you sometimes get a fertility boost in the first 3 months after a miscarriage. Assuming, your ovulation doesn't stop completely that is, the evidence is contradictory!

The only time we ever conceived easily (aside from the last one which we have just lost) was within 3 months of giving birth, so I am hoping I am one of those women who respond favourably to the end of pregnancy, fertility wise, otherwise I suspect we will never be able to conceive again. I am 42, soon to turn 43, and my DH is also 43.

Emum - Thank You for your support and encouragement :hugs. Sending you loads of sticky dust your way hun :dust:.
GL and I hope your hcg levels drop to 0 soon so you can catch the egg :D :dust:

I definitely think that each person should take personal advice from their own doctor. Since we are all different. I say, personally, if your doc is not against it, and you and your spouse feel up to it, I will see you in a TWW!!!! I wish you all luck no matter the decision, and :dust:!!! I know that for us, it was a good healing decision.

AFM... Not much to report, the lines are getting a little darker, I think I have timed OV just right, even if it is a day or so late, I will be ok, because "donations" are set for Thur, Fri, Sun and Mon!!! OV is between Thurs and Sat (predicted) FXD!!! GL Lovely Ladies!!! :dust:

Lara- i am soooo sorry for your loss hun. I felt exactly the same way after my first mc but agreed to wait for one cycle (which actually lasted 2 months as my body is really taking its time!!) since our doctor told us 2-3 months. This time round after my 2nd mc he again advised 2-3 months but we ve decided not to wait. I know this will help us deal with our loss and hopefully it will for you too. GL hun, i hope your d&c goes well tomorrow and you re soon healthy and ready to try again!

imp- You sound like one of the lucky ladies since your hcg dropped so quickly so although thi thick mucus you are talking about doesnt sound like ewcm it might just be building up to become so it might be another week or so! So as the ladies suggested just try every other day and hopefully you wont miss that eggy!

Laura- i was told to wait 2-3 months. Got pg again after 3 months and mc again. When i asked the dr if it might have been too soon to conceive again he said this was definately not the case. I was very disappointed after the d&c and when he said wait 2-3 months i said i m not waiting end of story. He said there is no evidence to say it will increase my chance of having another mc but it's what is generally recommended. Well, if there is no evidence then i say i dont care. I ve heard of women conceiving straight away, like 2 weeks later and going on to have a happy and healthy 9 months and other waiting 6 months and going on to mc again. So i am gonna do my best to get pg again and if this is my lucky bean then so be it!! Sorry this is my opinion but that's just me being completely impatient!!!

AFM- I did another hpt today and it came up positive again but this time it was so much fainter! I am waiting till thursday to do another one and hopefully that will be a negative at last! Weird thing, i am getting more cm so i am keeping my fxd that my body wont need another 2 weeks to ov!

How's everyone else doing?

Hi CJD1

Im new to here too. I suffered a miscarriage on christmas eve 2010 at 10 weeks and am still devastated. Ive only just plucked up the courage to try again in the last couple of months. Im totally sympathetic with you trying again immediately! All my GP told me was to wait one cyle and test afterwards to ensure my hormoes were back to normal to avoid any confusion. :wacko:

The miscarriage left me a couple of problems and a lot of fears but im hoping this time i get pregnant it will be a lot easier!!

TC
Jody

Hi we want one. I am so sorry you have to be on this thread but now you ve taken your decision to ttc again i wish you lots of baby dust and a very quick BFP!

could do with some more advice.... i had a positive opk (ones wirth the smileys) on sat, and am dubious as to wether i really did though as i usually get o cramps and have sore bbs from then until AF due, which i didnt get this month, but i had to go for a smear today, as the one i had 7 months ago came back borderline changes. She said "are you happy for me to do this, in case you are preg" thinking i hadnt o'd, i figured its not likely to be a problem, but an hour laster im really starting to worry i could have done potential harm? thinking about it, i had a very horrible vivid dream last night, which i had last month and was pg.... (I NEVER dream usually, at least not remembering them i dont) HELP!

Hello everyone! :wave:
Ickle pand- 12 days is just fine, i ve read anything over 10 is fine! I am so sorry stupid AF found you but hey, this is day 1 of a brand new cycle, think of it as something exciting, everything is behind now, this is truly your 1st month ttc! And hopefully your last!:hugs:

Emum- You have been blessed with 3 kids so i kind of see where you husband comes from. It's true though that 6 months is not a lot considering the time it takes your body to come back to normal after a mc. On a more positive note, they say you are more fertile after a mc so who knows...i ll keep my fxd for your #4!:flower:

LollaAnn, i think we are running parallel lives!!!!When did you have your first? I had mine on the 18th of may 2010 and have since had 2 mc (April 2011 and August 2011).:hugs:Ow btw...9 hours of cricket...?????:rolleyes:

Struth- 5 dpo is just over a week away from hopefully a bfp, smiiilleeee!:p

No WAY!!!! My DS was born the 19th of May 2010!!! I have not had a period in between, only M/Cs (as I BF for quite a while).

OK Ladies, I'm going out of my flipping mind. I have run out of IC and only have tesco HPTs which I know are not sensitive (I think 25miu). Testd today and yesterday and both BFNs :( I'm 10DPO today so slowly losing hope. I woke up this morning feeling really yuck, shaky, slightly feverish too. I'm going to give it until monday for either AF or BFP to show and then see my doctor, because.. well.. I've waited a long time this time and I want some bloods to make sure everythings okay. CD68 :S

could do with some more advice.... i had a positive opk (ones wirth the smileys) on sat, and am dubious as to wether i really did though as i usually get o cramps and have sore bbs from then until AF due, which i didnt get this month, but i had to go for a smear today, as the one i had 7 months ago came back borderline changes. She said "are you happy for me to do this, in case you are preg" thinking i hadnt o'd, i figured its not likely to be a problem, but an hour laster im really starting to worry i could have done potential harm? thinking about it, i had a very horrible vivid dream last night, which i had last month and was pg.... (I NEVER dream usually, at least not remembering them i dont) HELP!

I wouldn't worry hun. I did a quick google and loads of people actually have smears during pregnancy. They are really just checking your cervix so it wouldn't have any effect on your egg implanting etc which is all you would really be up to if you O'd last sat x

Thanks LolaAnn, Like i said, not convinced ive got much of a shot this month as i didnt have o pains, nor have i got sore bbs like i usually do after ovulation.
Is that common after MC? to not o the following month? im right in thinking that a positive OPK doesnt mean o definately happened right? x

im right in thinking that a positive OPK doesnt mean o definately happened right? x

Yes. The OPK measures the LH which surges to tell your ovaries to release an egg. But if the follicle doesn't contain an egg that month none will be released. I'm not sure how things work post miscarriage but I have had PCOS and have had surges with no ovulation many times. I have also read that sometimes the first couple of cycles post miscarriage are anovulatory but I think this varies from woman to woman as obviously some woman get pregnant immediately so must ovulate.

In general, I would err on the side of optimism and assume that you did ovulate and are in with a chance. I've also been advised in the past that it is fine to have a smear in early pregnancy. It's just a swab running gently over your cervix after all. You'd probably cause more trauma by bding!

It didnt feel very gentle! think it may have been because i was late for my appointment! im sure she took it out on my cervix!!
Thanks for the advice, i cant stand this TWW. i thought i was so lucky falling last cycle, but nooooo, i swear it turns me nuts! its worse than taking your driving test, i have so much respect for those that have done it several times and more. relaxing just isnt an option!
i want a magic wand that means you can fast forward two weeks as soon as you o! xx

CHISTINA, GL thursday, I hope the test shows non-existent lines!!! FXD!

Sorry for your loss WE WANT ONE :hugs: GL moving forward, as we too began to try straight away after MC.

LAURA P, I wouldn't worry much as mentioned, many women have them done during preg and it is perfectly fine.... GL FXD!

LOLA, I think you still have a good shot Hun, relax and try to remain calm. 10DPO is still very early. Give it a couple more days.... especially with no :af:

AFM… CD16, This will be the week to get it started. My CM has made a nice change and I am sure that OV is near!!! Donations have begun and the last will be Monday!! Best chances are directly before OV so here I go! My coverline temps should be coming in good as I think I see a clear pattern forming, and my CP seems to be shifting as of last night. Feeling really hopeful this cycle, as I have added so many different aspects. FXD! :dust: :dust:

LolaAnn, our beanies are 1 day apart!What a great age they are at now, dont you agree?
Come on you seriously cant be losing hope, i ve never had a BFP at 10 dpo and i ve had 3 of them so far! It's way too early still, keeping my fxed for you!

MrsMM24- Thank you so much, i swear to god if i see another positive test this week i m gonna climb on a tree and stay there!!!

Laura- ow how i wish we could have a chance to fast forward some weeks..i d be in a fast forward mode the last 3 weeks!!!I ve read that if an egg is fertilized and going to implant nothing can prevent it (obviously except medication) so you should be ok. I am keeping my fxd you get your BFP in a week or so!!

AFM- one more night before another hpt please please please God please make it a negative this time only!!All my next hpt can be + but i need this one to be -!!

they are such a fab age, I love it, love seeing him toddle around and babble, hilarious. I guess I'm losing hope cos ALL of my previous 3 have had faint lines from 8DPO. But thanks for the reassurance I will be patient.

Good luck MRSMM It sounds like all systems are GO!

Hello ladies, I had my followup appt. today after my mc on aug 28. First time going to the dr since I found out I was pregnant. My mc was very early 5 1/2 weeks and my first blood draw on the 29 was already only 15. I had very thick ewcm this morning (so thick it had to be pulled out) sorry way too much tmi. I have never had this before and am not sure whether its fertile cm or not. I am using my cbfm and it still says I'm low. I am worried now cause I am feeling af symptoms like cramps and bloating. Can anyone shed some light.... I bled for five days w the mc so assumed my af wouldn't come for awhile, but its been only 2 wks. Is af coming or am I going to o?

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I also had an early mc and was using a cbfm and only got low and high readings.. and I ended up getting pregnant then ( right after my mc). I think I ovulate around day 22. Only a few days later than I normally would so just keep at it :) You never know! Just bd every other night around ur normal ovulation time. Good luck!

Thank you! I just got my "high" today, so I think I am just a few days behind normal! I am super excited!! Forgot to mention my dr. said that we should wait 2 to 3 cycles before trying. I think he has strong beliefs on how he thinks people should grieve. That irritates me, I am a psychologist and there is NOT one right way to grieve.

Thank you! I just got my "high" today, so I think I am just a few days behind normal! I am super excited!! Forgot to mention my dr. said that we should wait 2 to 3 cycles before trying. I think he has strong beliefs on how he thinks people should grieve. That irritates me, I am a psychologist and there is NOT one right way to grieve.

I completely agree with you - in fact, I think it is important to the grieving process that people just allow it to take its natural course. There is nothing worse than expectations being placed on people as that time in their lives. You do what feels right for you :hugs: Oh and woo hoo for the 'high'!

AFM- one more night before another hpt please please please God please make it a negative this time only!!All my next hpt can be + but i need this one to be -!!

Hoping and wishing for a bfn for you hon. Keep us posted x

AFM… CD16, This will be the week to get it started. My CM has made a nice change and I am sure that OV is near!!! Donations have begun and the last will be Monday!! Best chances are directly before OV so here I go! My coverline temps should be coming in good as I think I see a clear pattern forming, and my CP seems to be shifting as of last night. Feeling really hopeful this cycle, as I have added so many different aspects. FXD! :dust: :dust:

:happydance: Bring on that eggy....! Exciting times MrsMM24! I hope that you catch the egg and that it is super sticky x

AFM - I am 8dpo, had a big temp dip yesterday which has gone back up today but I am spotting. This is not usual for me - I usual spot from about 7 or 8dpo (and even did on the cycle that I was pregnant). This just feels and looks different though - much more pink than brown and it feels like that nasty :witch: is not far away. I have a feeling that she will be here soon - and I'll be back to a short LP :cry: I guess I just have to wait it out.... :paper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->