anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

I phoned FS today, they told me i have to wait til day 40 or 42 before I ought to test and if I still get negative tests then ill have a blood test and if that's negative ill get a shot to force a bleed. She seemed shocked that id tested already on cycle day 37!x

Testing on cd37....how impatient of you mrs ovey! Lol! Hope something happens for you soon....I think I might end up in the same boat. No sign of Af but no ewcm either....just have white cm which I seem to have pretty much all the time...have been bding the past two nights just incase but I don't see me ovulating this late. Just hope Tuesdays bloods will show my hormones are okay to start on the next cycle.
Think this could be a long six months at this rate....! Just knew it wouldn't be straight forward, it hasn't been til now so why would it change?!
Meanwhile I've till to face the in laws since my sister-in-laws pregnancy announcement...ugh...awkward wont even cover it. Best to get it over with.

Oh bless you! I know what you mean tho, why did i think it would be simple and easy and not confusing when my whole life my periods/cycle has been difficult lol

Fingers crossed that you do Ov late, at least then you know you're not out this month

Woke up at 1.30 this morning with my normal achey pains so know i'm out this month now, the witch should be here any time today :( first time this month that i've had them and my poor hubbie was on the receiving end of my emotional horrendous mood x

Ugh, hope seeing the in laws goes ok, Ss. That sucks :(

So sorry that AF is on her way Mrs Ovey, fingers crossed for next cycle. Hopefully cycle #2 is the one for all of us!

I went to get my bloods taken this morning and as soon as she had finished, I passed out. That's never happened before, I was so embarrassed. The bloods better show I have ovulated - I don't want to have gone through all of this hassle for nothing!

Fingers crossed for you Lemonade! Had you eaten, maybe that's why?

I'm hoping cycle 2 is the magic one for us all :)

this is my first month of clomid. I am on day 15 so have no idea if it worked but it made me feel AWFUL. I felt so dehydrated and cried every night. My brain felt like it was in a frying pan :( I really hope it worked bc it was a lot to go through!

Welcome kaypray, have you got blood tests or scans booked? Clomid has affected us all differently, just about to start month 2 here, so hoping it doesn't get worse as the months go on :)

So I have a question for you gals...Are you using OPK's and temping? My Dr insists that clomid makes the OPK's and temps not valid. I have never heard this from anyone else. I am doing both and my OPK's and temp are coinciding. I just wonder why my Dr says they don't work.

Hi Ladies! Hope you don't mind if I join in? Just had a read through the thread :) would be great to have some ladies in the same boat to compare symptoms and stories!

A little info on me. Dh and I have been together since high school and we're both early 20's. Have been ltttc for about 3 years with no luck. I was diagnosed with pcos at the beginning of the year and began seeing a fs a few hours away. We're currently on our 1st round of Clomid. Cd18 today. Because we didn't get to see our fs until a week into my cycle he still started me on 50mg Clomid days 8-12 seeing as I don't really have a cycle anyway. I'm also on 2000 metformin daily. Have had frequent bloods and an ultrasound done on cd15 which showed a 15.5 sized follicle! I don't ovulate so I'm excited to see what Clomid does for me :)
I hope you are all having a great day!

Welcome Hopeful!!! I hope your first clomid round is all you need :dust:

Hey ladies! Just looking for some inspiration. Sounds like I will be starting clomid in august after ttc for over two years no with no success. Nothing has proven I have ovulated yet either. I have started to chart but my temperatures are really hard to follow because I work nightshift, so on nightshift after I sleep its around 34.8 and dayshifts its 37.1 rather confusing! So anyways, Im scared about clomid seeing a lot of side affects and it worrys me. How bad is it really? I've been on metformin for over a year now at 1500 mg a day, can it be any worse than that drug lol? Words of wisdom please! :D

Hi Steph! I'm on my second round of clomid. Everyone is different, but I haven't had any noticeable side effects other than feeling O a little more than normal. Nothing bad though. Good luck and I hope it works for you!

Morning all, i've not had major side effects, had a few hot flushes. Start my second round of Clomid today, first round wasn't our month unfortunately. Fingers crossed for us :)

Other things i've noticed is that Clomid lengthened my cycle, annoyingly, i felt ovulation pain and had awful period pains for about 6 days before my period when normally it's only a couple of days x

Thanks Hopethisyear! I really do hope this will be our bfp, but nothing has been easy up until now so not extremely optimistic.

Hi Steph! This is my first round of Clomid. I have also been on 2000mg a day of metformin for last few months. So far it hasn't been too bad. I've noticed I've felt a bit more light headed and have had a head ache most days since beginning the tablets. Good luck to you :)

Mrsovey good luck for round #2! :) I've heard so many positive stories about people's first two rounds of Clomid being their bfp cycles! So fingers crossed for you :)

So I have a question for you gals...Are you using OPK's and temping? My Dr insists that clomid makes the OPK's and temps not valid. I have never heard this from anyone else. I am doing both and my OPK's and temp are coinciding. I just wonder why my Dr says they don't work.

hi hope. I've not heard that. my clinic said off you have pcos affecting your hormones then opks are no use, but my pcos doesnt so they said it was ok to use them. as for temping I don't do this but have not read of any issues with clomid.

Thanks hopeful, i really hope this is our month too! I was asked if i'd try for another after we're successful with this one, i'd like to get this stress out the way first haha

I'm hoping we're all going to be moving to the pregnancy sections real soon :)

Also, it's my and my husbands honeymoon soon, so fingers crossed we'll get our honeymoon baby if this isn't our month x

hi all.
Hello to the new girls. welcome. i hope your first cycle isnt too bad side effectwise and you get a nice bfp at the end.
And to thoses starting their second round, i hope the side effects are easier on you then they are being on me. i dont know if it because its in my system more but this months been worse. way more hot flushes and light headedness. and moody oh my have i been a stroppy cow this month lol.

Hope every one is well.

i was feeling sooo hopefully this month. second times a charm and all. i figured the more side effects meant it had to be working. also we would find out the weekend of our second anny as thats when i am due on.
I havnt temped this month as my pattern has been bad. and no opks either as we ordered them online but havnt arrived. so all i had to go by is my body.

so we have bd'ed mon tues wed and thurs as i was pretty sure i'd o this week sometime. then last night at work i felt twinges on my left side. which i am pretty sure where ov pains... ive never had them before. but no bd today!!! i feel very down now. have we ruined my chances this month?

This post makes me kinda excited now! Maybe I should call my ob and see if he will let me start in July! :) I just can't wait to get that BFP! I seen a three month old baby girl today and my heart just melted! Im soo ready to be a mom! I started my period yesterday they've balanced out to exactly 28 days since jan now but yesterday puts this cycle at 26 days :( I hope thats ok. But this period is weird.. the pain is different theres a lot of clots and im going through any size tampon in about three hours. Bleeding isnt usually this bad, usually about five to six hours per tampon. Any idea what could cause these changes? Even the change in my period six months ago has me hesitant, I was way off the map, like 14 day periods with a week or two between bleeding and just a rollercoaster, now exactly 28 days. My phone tells me my periods coming and its been acurate since Jan. Sooo confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->