anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

that's prefect timing then steph as you'll bee put on clomid at the start I'd af. my clinic hours with day 2 of af but some docs go for day 3 or 4, so you might start in a few days! exiting!

mrs ovey, hi! aw how annoying... :-( so frustrating isn't it. chin up..fingers crossed for next cycle.

x

Well, i think i ovulated, if blood test said so, went up from nothing to 28! He's saying my cycle MUST be 28 days, i just find it odd, not everyone who has successful ovulation on Clomid has a 28 day cycle surely?x

aw brilliant steph, good luck! are they monitoring you on it?

hey girls!...some good news finally, clomid 100mg has done the trick and I've ovulated, confirmed at my day 21 bloods today. I'm over the moon! not expecting that bfp for first round doubt I'm that lucky (altho we did bd at the time of ov) but it's a start, I'll take any good news right now!

Wow ss thats great news!! Im happy for you, sorry I didnt reply sooner but for some reason im not getting emails on replys to this thread :S Anyways keep us posted on how your doing im really excited to hear! I started my clomid 50 mg on day three did all five days im on day eight now and can't wait for day 21 to come to get the blood work going. I think thats all the monitoring they do no?

thanks steph! 5 days to testing...I'm climbing the walls!
depends on your healthcare. where I am,i got an ultrasound on cd12 to see if my follicles were ok and I'd not over responded. since then just cd21 bloods.
I'll keep you posted!
where is everyone else?!

Hi all! I start my first round of Clomid tomorrow! Bit nervous!!

Welcome jess! Good luck for your first cycle! Are you going to be monitored?

As for me....10dpo and can't stop symptom spotting. Have had sore nipples since 3dpo and the past few days really swollen boobs which is a totally new thing for me, but less so today. I'm symptom spotting....I can't help it...and there's no way I can wait til I'm 7 days late like the clinic told me...

I've bought some cheap strip tests and a clear blue digital...I'd rather just know now! Todays test was a :bfn: ....so not getting my hopes up. I'll try not to break my heart over a bfn this month...at least clomid is working now so I think just knowing that will be enough to keep my spirits up. Il keep you posted...x

Fingers x'ed Ss83!

No I won't be monitored. Teeny bit nervous about it but my Dr. said it's the norm now and not to worry. I'm a bit glad about it though because we'll be covering a lot of treatment on our own and ultrasounds and the like would be up to us to finance.

Are you monitored?

Do you already ovulate yourself jess? If so that might be right enough. If not...how will they know its working?
For my first cycle I got an ultrasound in cd12 to check I'd not been over stimulated. Then cd21 bloods to confirm ovulation each cycle, which is why they knew to increase my dose as 50mg didn't work.

I wish you girls were still out there.....
.....12dpo...clear blue digital, showing the most amazing words in the screen this morning..."1-2 weeks pregnant"..just burst into tears telling my husband on the phone...
now please stick....i can't actually believe it....

Hey Jess! Welcome! Hope the clomid works well for you. This was my first month on it, im on cd 11 so waiting for ovulation. Crossing my fingers! The blood work on day 21 will give me some answer one way or another I guess. I didn't get any side effects from clomid so hopefully you dont either. Keep us posted on how your doing. :)

@Ss83, I've ovulated fine in the past but then my period goes missing for months at a time :( I'll be doing temping for myself to confirm, and then blood tests with my Dr. And I'll be taking progesterone after O as well.

@Steph_466, fingers crossed!!!!

thanks jess!.still doesn't seem real..I'm in total shock.

that may be why they're not monitoring you then if you ov on your own. good luck! x

Good news, congrats Ss83!

I've just done cycle 3 of Clomid, will have blood tests done, again, hopefully my cycle will start changing soon, can't help thinking they didn't look into it enough for me and just threw whatever was easiest for them at me, oh you don't ovulate, here have Clomid, no scans etc. Now i have to wait till October for HyCoSy, so if that pulls anything up, i've wasted 5 months.

Had a really bad day yesterday, boss sent me home from work, my brother phoned me and told me his wife was pregnant, 6 weeks, not sure why they told me so early, but kind felt a stab in my heart, kicked in the teeth and lord only knows what else, it was bad, i was sobbing, couldn't breathe etc, so had to tell my boss what was going on, she didn't know before. I feel awful for hating them so much right now, she didn't even want kids, now this will be their second :'( i love my niece to bits, but feel so broken, inferior etc, my mum will be over the moon, naturally, then will moan at me that she'll never see it, just like her grandaughter, so i'll have to placate her when all i want to do is scream shut the hell up, i don't care!! Is it bad of me to feel like this?

Hope everyone else is ok x

thanks mrs ovey.
hang on in there. I was the same when my sister in law announced they were pregnant with their second,i couldnt stop crying all day.
if you're not convinced something else isn't going on then ask for a scan hon.
chin up, fingers crossed next cycle might be the one.

as for me, now on cd28 so af would be here this weekend..did my fourth test this morning to make sure I'm still pregnant and I am thank goodness...so I'm going to call the clinic when they open and let them know. have been getting the strangest cramps and twinges, hoping that's it just burrowing in! also woke in the middle of the night with a stomach upset which isn't like me, think this wee one might be causing it which is fine with me...i actually want morning sickness just so I feel pregnant lol. still really anxious...googling miscarriage rates etc....aghh...

scan booked....3 weeks time...now I'm getting excited! decided if everything is ok will then tell our families after the scan. the sister also hinted a risk of twins as my prog was 140 on cd21...aghh..!

Good Luck Ss83! It's exciting stuff :)

Do you really think i ought to just ask for a scan, to check me internally, before i have my HyCoSy? Cos that only checks tubes doesn't it??x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->