anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

Hi brownie. Yes I do the pillow thing, no idea if it makes a difference though!

I'm not sure i can request scans. If the first 2 rounds of Clomid don't work, i've got an appointment on July 14th for her to up my dose, not sure if they'll scan me then or i'll have to wait for another appointment. Bit annoying as it is a 2 hour drive from my work to get to!

I've read that pillow thing doesn't make any difference, as the swimmers that don't have a problem 'know' where to go and that it comes out so fast, it just gets there :) And if you think, people that fall pregnant unexpectedly, probably don't do it.

As for SE's, i've not really suffered, I've had a few hot flushes, but nothing extraordinarily bad, no sweats or wot-not! Headaches have been non existent and i normally get one every day at work. No out of the normal irritability either, maybe it's taking away all my normal attributes lol.

Although, i am a little worried that i took my Clomid a day too early :( but, it will still do the same job won't it? I normally only have a day of 'normal period' but this cycle i had 2 1/2 days. Other thing i'm worried about is, if we are successful, will my womb lining sustain it as my periods are so so light, my lining cant be strong/thick enough!! Oh goodness, i need to stop worrying!!

I've read that too mrsovey but if I get up straight away I worry it'll all come back out again (which it usually does lol sorry too much information!) so I'd rather err on the side of caution.

My doc seemed to think due to my irregular periods my lining will be all over the place but with clomid things will regulate so my lining should be the right thickness at the right time. That should also mean my periods will get heavier as at the moment I have 1 or 2 days max at a normal flow then a couple of days with hardly anything.

Pretty much the same as me then! I usually lay still for a while, but never with a pillow, i did read however to lay flat for half hour, which, i may start doing :) The FS told me that i should start having a 28 day cycle so with any luck it should happen. Just so worried that my history of light periods will jeopardise me. But hey, as hubbie says, think positive, it all helps. I have my fingers crossed for you. Do you think i ought to use OPK's? I have never done them before

I guess laying flat is the same thing just giving the sperm a little bit if help. Might as well!

As for OPK's its up to you as it does make it quite clinical. I find them useful to tell me when I'm about to ovulate especially now I'm not having EWCM as normal there would be no way of knowing when I ovulate and there is no way I can dtd every other day until AF shows! Especially with my cycles I'd lose the will to live! It depends how you think it will help. If you are happy as you are then don't bother as the OPK's might stress you out. X

i think i'll wait this month and not use them, just go by the Clomid calculator and take it from there, says to dtd every other day from today so we shall be having some fun :) just as long as hubbie isn't as tired as he was yesterday or i'll be pouncing on him from when i get home from work (he gets in before me!)

Then i'll have my bloods done on June 4th to see if i ovulated. have you got any more tests to do browniebaby? x

MrsOvey - I am trying opks for this cycle for the first time. My dp laughed when he saw I write the date and time on the tests...I just want to see progression!

Hopethisyear - I don't get scans or bloodwork with this clomid cycle. Totally on our own. But we have to call right away if there is a bfp, so then they can do bloodwork and tests.

I have noticed that I cannot rely on cm this cycle. totally off it seems, but temps went down a bunch today, so, should be soon. And of course I am using the opks to hopefully know when the surge is. We've said we'd try bd everyday, but I don't think that'll happen. probably closer to every other day...
As for the pillow thing - can't really hurt to try - kinda makes me feel like I am doing something to help, even if it isn't.

Fingers crossed for you hope xx

River, according to the FS, we just have to dtd between days 5 & 10 after clomid has finished. Which is as of tomorrow, but then, i may still not have ovulated so could just be practise, bloods on June 4th to see whether i O'd or not xx

River - What days are you doing clomid? I did CD 3-7 and my FS recommended DTD starting Day 12 every other day for 1 week. Sounds similar to what yours said.

Have some light cramping this evening so I think AF is on her way. Only thing different it my lack of sore BB's this TWW.

ahh - yeah I did clomid cd3-7, FS just said to start bd on cd10, didn't say what frequency...but I think we can only really do every other day. He also has me taking iron pills every other day, so sometimes I am not sure which is causing me grief. I have had a bit of cramping yesterday, and today feel out of it a bit again.

fingers crossed for you all :)

Hello! How's everyone getting on? Can't believe how this thread of mine has taken off, great to have all of you to talk to!
I'm on my last pill today, no side effects as yet. Have also bought "fertility gel"which I think is the same as preseed that everyone talks of.every little helps I guess! Now just waiting for my scan to see if I've any follicles...roll on wednesday!

Good luck for wednesday, wish they were scanning me! i gotta wait until bloods get done or until AF shows (or fingers crossed she doesn't) to see if i O'd.

Side effects for me were minimal, i've had a hot flush every day tho, not as bad as i was expecting them to be. I'm in my 'fertile' time now according to what the FS said, so i'm crossing my fingers :) x

Good luck to you too mrs ovey! Yeah I'm so glad I'm getting a scan.it's only for the first one (unless they discover the dose is wrong) so really hope it shows everything is ok. I'm totally hyper at the moment, can't stop thinking about it. is being ridiculously happy a side effect?! Ha ha.
How long til your 21 bloods?

Thanks Hope and Ss83, bloods are being done June 4th :) i was advised to have them done as fasting blood test, they're checking for Prolactin this time too. Not sure why!

Not sure that being ridiculously happy is a known side effect, but it's great that you are! Always better to be happy than sad, more positive effect on your body i guess :) Wish i could be 'ridiculously' happy, don't get me wrong, i'm not sad, i just feel like i could be doing more, just don't know what?! Do you know what i mean xx

Yeah I know what you mean ,i was like that before starting on clomid. I think I'm hyper cause of the scan on wed,I'm sure I'll feel differently once they just leave me to it.I'll probably stress more but I hope not.

I hope you don't stress either! i haven't been stressed thankfully, i have a very laid back husband and if i start getting a little bit worked up he just does something to make me laugh :)

I might even phone them and ask them if they'll scan me on my next appointment, as they haven't checked me internally to see if there's anything else wrong, but prescribed Clomid straight away as blood tests showed i didn't ovulate, so i think they've just assumed that's all that is wrong

I got a scan which showed cysts on one ovary, after bloods confirmed no ovulation but hormones are fine so it's not affecting me other than that thankfully.they've not checked my tubes yet, the sister told me they'll look at that after 3 rounds on clomid if I'm still not pregnant but for now they go with just addressing the ovulation problems.
I'd ask if they can do a cd12 scan. I don't know why it's such a lottery depending where you're treated. I mean you could be overstimulated and producing way too many eggs and risking a multiple pregnancy with more chance of mc and they wouldnt know...i don't get it.

How is everyone getting on? I'm on cd 9 and woke up roasting hot through the night, first hot flush I've had, and been having twinges today so I'm hoping this means something is happening. Anyone else had twinges in the days after stopping the tablets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->