Anyone else starting IVF October/November 2015?

Welcome wannabeprego! You have been through alot with your twins. I had one difficult baby can't imagine two. Are you a full time mum now or working as well?

My doctor would only Allowed us to put back one embryo at a time. How does your doctor chose which embryo to put back?

Are you happy with three kids? Or do you want more?

Welcome wannabeprego! You have been through alot with your twins. I had one difficult baby can't imagine two. Are you a full time mum now or working as well?

My doctor would only Allowed us to put back one embryo at a time. How does your doctor chose which embryo to put back?

Are you happy with three kids? Or do you want more?

Thanks for the warm and friendly welcome!:flower: I am not working so I am a full time SAHM right now. I am not planning on going back to work until the twins are school age. I have gotten into photography and I have gotten really good at photographing my kids so I have had people tell me how good my photos are and ask me if I would photograph their kids for them, so I have thought about doing it part time, but I wouldn't be able to keep up just yet, not until they are older, but in the back of my mind it would be really cool to have my own business doing photography! :thumbup:

I really think that this might be my last one and that I would be happy with 3, but I could see myself with more. I just don't know if we could afford to go through all of this infertility stuff again by that time and how I would feel keeping up with the 3. :wacko: I had a rough pregnancy and I am trying to psych myself up now for this FET cycle. I am excited and scared all at the same time! :wacko: I wish I was like some of the fertile myrtles out there that just bat there eye lashes at a guy and get knocked up! LOL! :growlmad: It is such a process for us infertile girls to get pregnant! Of course it is all worth it in the end to have a beautiful baby and after all that we have been through we will never take our kids for granted!

Thanks for the warm welcome hun! :hugs: I am in the USA and I paid for the IVF cycle myself. My first DR recommended only putting back 2 but I asked to put back three! He agreed and did it for me! Cost was a huge factor for us and I wanted to give myself the best possible chance for a BFP on that first round! As you know and are about to find out it is a lot to go through and taxing on your body so I wanted to give it our all! DH & I were alright with twins if we ended up with them so we went for it!

That is too bad you guys don't have the option to put back more than two where you are but with 2 you have a really awesome chance regardless! I have my fingers crossed and I am sending sticky baby dust vibes that you get your BFP on your first cycle! :dust::dust: Twins are wonderful but mine arrived early at 28 weeks and were really tiny! My son was 1lb 4.8 oz and my daughter was 2lbs 5 oz. They both had long NICU stays, my daughter was 2 months and my son was in for 4 months! I don't want to scare you though because I have 2 friends on the boards that had twins that were almost to full term and didn't have the NICU stay like I did, so you just never know what your pregnancy will be like! I also had a short cervix so I thought that was why the twins were going to arrive early but they came early due to my son's placenta failing and him falling behind on his growth, his heart was working really hard, and had fluid around it also! He is healthy now, thank goodness, both twins are developmentally delayed but they are catching up just fine now! :thumbup:

The reason why I am waiting until the Fall to do the FET is because I want the twins to be 3 yrs old before the next baby arrives since they can be a handful at times. I am also timing it so that I will be due in the summer so that my sister can come down in the summer to help out with the twins and the hopefully new baby since she has 2 kids of her own, her kids will be on summer break and that is the only time she can come down for any length of time to help out. I don't have a lot of friends in the state I live in now since we moved here from another state, so I don't have many people I trust to watch the twins for me! I am a SAHM so we don't use a sitter, at least we haven't yet! I have a hard time trusting strangers with my kids!

I am turning 36 soon so we have that in common! My DH is about ten years older than me! I am debating on whether to put back 1 or 2 embryos, just because of the risk for twins and what I went through with mine. However once again we are paying for all of this ourselves and I really need it to work the first time around, so I am leaning towards putting back 2 embryos. It is expensive for the FET but luckily not as costly as our first IVF cyle!

Wow you were lucky with that DR that he went along with putting 3 in there. Yeah I've heard it's pretty expensive in the US, I'm so fortunate we get 3 free IVF tries here (although you pay for the hormones yourself but I think we've soon reached the limit and can soon be expecting the state to help with that cost as well). It did "cost" in the sense we had to wait 1 year before being able to get the referral, if we'd contacted the clinic ourselves before that, we'd have to pay for what would be 6 IUIs and now hopefully only 1 IVF ourselves plus of course the hormones:wacko: I've read a lot about IVF and how it'll be done at the hospital and it sounds very taxing, at least for the woman (the men get off easy again, not fair:haha:):wacko:

Yeah I'm thinking 2 still gives really good odds, better than with 1 you'd think. Thanks:flower: Sorry that your pregnancy was so difficult, I hope this next one will go much easier. That must've been pretty scary what was happening with your son but good to hear he's fine now and doing well:thumbup:

Ah I see, that makes total sense you'd want to wait til they're a bit older and that your sister can help you when the baby should arrive.

As for deciding on 1 or 2, I can see the dilemma. I'd probably go for trying with 2, especially if it was costing me that much money, but that's me:winkwink: But you have some time to think it over what you think would be best. Whatever you decide, I really hope it works 1st time round:thumbup:

AFM nothing much to report on the TTC front. I think I'll be Oing soon since my CM has increased today (and it normally happens 1-2 days before) so it seems as if the royal jelly isn't going to delay O but time will tell for sure. It'll be interesting to see if it delays AF again but I started taking them very late in my cycle last time so maybe it won't this time:shrug:

On the family front I heard from my narcissistic sister over FB, she wrote teh following:

Hi! Just checking in... How are you and (my DH) doing? I'm with (Golden child narcissist brother), (his enabler wife) and (their soon to be 8 year old daughter). We're doing the amusement park thing.... How's Mom?

Like she cares:nope: Her and my brother always make my journey about them and their journeys (she needed Clomid at age 42 after having TTCed #2 for 2 years, he and his wife needed numerous IVFs for baby #1 and it succeeded when his wife was 46). I still remember her answer to me telling her IUI #2 failed and AF came, she said that oh she got AF as well and it really stinks. When I told her our AFs meant very different things (I'm trying to get pregnant, she isn't), she never wrote to me again until now (other than on her birthday when I wished her a happy birthday and her only reply was if I could tell our narcissistic mother to stop disowning her every year on her birthday, no "I love ya" like she wrote to everyone else or asking me about me, just tried to drag me into drama). Why she wants to hear about our narcissistic mother I don't fathom as she has no interest in having contact with her (and my narcissistic brother is no contact with her so she's not asking for him). I just wish they'd leave me alone while I'm going through this since they've been so unsupportive and my narcissistic brother has even been emotionally and "verbally" abusive towards me, his most recent moments over FB back in January, actually when I was about to start IUI.

@Kat, Thanks for the good luck wishes for my FET cyle! :hugs: I am so sorry that your family is not being more supportive with your infertility struggles! :hugs: I will never forget how painful LTTC was and how it was so difficult talking to people about it that just don't get it and haven't experienced it b4. I am surprised that since your SIL went through it that she isn't more supportive towards you! Big hugs to you hun! :hugs::hugs: It sounds like you need to block family members from seeing your TTC related FB posts since they have upset you about them in the past! During this process lean on your DH for support and us girls on the boards! There are lots of great girls on here that I became friends with over the years and if it wasn't for these messaging boards I would of lost my mind during the LTTC process! :hugs::hugs:

@Kat, Thanks for the good luck wishes for my FET cyle! :hugs: I am so sorry that your family is not being more supportive with your infertility struggles! :hugs: I will never forget how painful LTTC was and how it was so difficult talking to people about it that just don't get it and haven't experienced it b4. I am surprised that since your SIL went through it that she isn't more supportive towards you! Big hugs to you hun! :hugs::hugs: It sounds like you need to block family members from seeing your TTC related FB posts since they have upset you about them in the past! During this process lean on your DH for support and us girls on the boards! There are lots of great girls on here that I became friends with over the years and if it wasn't for these messaging boards I would of lost my mind during the LTTC process! :hugs::hugs:

It's unfortuntaley not only infertility but they're just not supportive, period:nope: My mother, brother and I highly suspect my sister (plus my eldest brother whom I have no contact with since he bailed on coming to my wedding and never bothered to even send me a card afterwards) have Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and I'm the family scapegoat (I'm the youngest sibling). My brother is constantly putting me down and acting condescending, telling me how wrong I am and my hurt/sad feelings about their abusive behavior seem to be wrong as well. There's just no end to how selfish, childish and awful I am according to him:nope: He refuses to see that his accusations are so off base it isn't funny but he's being a typical NPD sufferer and projecting all his bad sides on me. I'm afraid at this point it's just a matter of time before I need to go no contact on them as my brother (and my mother) have been very emotionally and mentally abusive all my life. My infertility is just the latest thing I'm afraid.

My SIL is unfortunately an enabler of my brother's behavior and has on occasion rushed to defend him when he's been nasty (he's just oh so bad at being touchy-feely or some BS like that) so I'm trying to avoid her as well. I still remember after my brother went after me on FB for my "Relaxing doesn't cure infertility" article and I mentioned how I couldn't understand his view when him and his wife went through it themselves. She wrote me a message how unhappy she was I'd made their "journey" (she added the quotation marks, not me) public and I shouldn't talk any more about it because it's a private matter. So yeah, she's a total enabler and is forever telling him and everyone else what a fantastic person he is - which is probably why he married her since she's constantly stroking his ego:dohh:

DH and I pretty much only have each other and I also have all the ladies here. All of DH's friends have kids (well, almost) and don't associate with us anymore because we don't have any and the vast majority of them have no idea that we suffer from infertility. I think many couples here drop or vastly decrease the amount of time they see their childless friends because they feel that they "are in another place in their lives" because now they have kids and us without children "wouldn't understand". So we spend most of our time with the ones who are also childless (at least the ones that haven't moved to other countries) but there are so few now.

It's unfortuntaley not only infertility but they're just not supportive, period:nope: My mother, brother and I highly suspect my sister (plus my eldest brother whom I have no contact with since he bailed on coming to my wedding and never bothered to even send me a card afterwards) have Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and I'm the family scapegoat (I'm the youngest sibling). My brother is constantly putting me down and acting condescending, telling me how wrong I am and my hurt/sad feelings about their abusive behavior seem to be wrong as well. There's just no end to how selfish, childish and awful I am according to him:nope: He refuses to see that his accusations are so off base it isn't funny but he's being a typical NPD sufferer and projecting all his bad sides on me. I'm afraid at this point it's just a matter of time before I need to go no contact on them as my brother (and my mother) have been very emotionally and mentally abusive all my life. My infertility is just the latest thing I'm afraid.

My SIL is unfortunately an enabler of my brother's behavior and has on occasion rushed to defend him when he's been nasty (he's just oh so bad at being touchy-feely or some BS like that) so I'm trying to avoid her as well. I still remember after my brother went after me on FB for my "Relaxing doesn't cure infertility" article and I mentioned how I couldn't understand his view when him and his wife went through it themselves. She wrote me a message how unhappy she was I'd made their "journey" (she added the quotation marks, not me) public and I shouldn't talk any more about it because it's a private matter. So yeah, she's a total enabler and is forever telling him and everyone else what a fantastic person he is - which is probably why he married her since she's constantly stroking his ego:dohh:

DH and I pretty much only have each other and I also have all the ladies here. All of DH's friends have kids (well, almost) and don't associate with us anymore because we don't have any and the vast majority of them have no idea that we suffer from infertility. I think many couples here drop or vastly decrease the amount of time they see their childless friends because they feel that they "are in another place in their lives" because now they have kids and us without children "wouldn't understand". So we spend most of our time with the ones who are also childless (at least the ones that haven't moved to other countries) but there are so few now.

Big hugs to you hun! :hugs: I am so sorry that your brother is so mean to you and you and your Mom aren't getting along. Maybe it is time to give yourself some space from them? Especially your brother. Maybe tell him that if he can't treat you with respect and kindness that you are going to give him some space for a while? He sounds very childish and like an ass for sure! :growlmad: It sounds like he needs to grow up still! :growlmad:

It is hard to make friends in general and as we grow older and go through different phases, like marriage and moving away it gets harder! :hugs:

Big hugs to you hun! :hugs: I am so sorry that your brother is so mean to you and you and your Mom aren't getting along. Maybe it is time to give yourself some space from them? Especially your brother. Maybe tell him that if he can't treat you with respect and kindness that you are going to give him some space for a while? He sounds very childish and like an ass for sure! :growlmad: It sounds like he needs to grow up still! :growlmad:

It is hard to make friends in general and as we grow older and go through different phases, like marriage and moving away it gets harder! :hugs:

My mother and I aren't getting along because she verbally and emotionally abuses me. So in reality it's her not getting along with me. She does these things unprovoked, she'll out of the blue tell me I'm selfish and when I protest she'll say "I can say whatever I want to you and you just have to put up with it!" There was the time she scared me and when I told her she gave me a heart attack she said "That's impossible dear, you don't have a heart!" with this smile on her face. Whenever I don't want to take her advice, she'll scream all sorts of nasty things to me so I end up hanging up and then calls me anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month later acting like nothing happened and when I've tried confronting her, she just tells me she's done nothing wrong. The best was when she'd gotten mad at me for yet again (politely) disagreeing with her and a couple of weeks later it was her birthday and I hadn't heard from her (silent treatment from her). DH (we were dating at the time) told me I should just bike over to her house so I did. I didn't have the key anymore so had to ring the doorbell. She opened it, got this pissed off look on her face and then slammed the door in my face!I once tried confronting her on all the abusive things she's said and done but she refuses to discuss things and just says she remembers none of it (not even the very memorable stuff) and then starts crying about poor her and her childhood, no empathy for me, no apology for any of it. Luckily I knew enough about NPD that I wasn't expecting one:shrug:

This woman has pitted my brother against me. Every time I haven't given in to everything she wants or says, she's called him to get him to berate me (where he comes with nasty condescending remarks and will insult me to no end). This is what narcissistic mothers do, they verbally and emotionally abuse their children and pit the favorite golden child (my brother) against the scapegoat (me). It's called triangulation.

Unfortunately, I don't think that'd work with him since he has NPD. People with this mental disorder don't respect boundaries, they believe they have the right to treat you how they please and you just need to put up with it or suffer their rages or silent treatments until you do. People with NPD haven't developed emotionally beyond the age of 6 or so. He'd probably just tell me that I'm the one that's wrong and it's me that needs to change. This man is in his 50's, he's not gonna change, people with NPD refuse to because they believe they are never wrong. They will even go to extremes by gaslighting you e.g. they re-write history so it's you who was the wrong party and they're the innocent ones. My mother and brother both do this. These are the reasons most psychiatrists won't bother treating them because they're impossible to treat when they believe they never, ever do any wrong. Because really, how do you treat someone like that?

As to the friend making it's very difficult here. Because of the verbal abuse, I was also very shy and mistrusting of people so it always took me too long to open up and most people didn't have the patience for it. Luckily in college I met hubby and his nice guy friends that also became my friends but otherwise no one really (other than this one woman who's extremely insecure at age 33) and people in this country stop making friends after college. I've heard stories of people moving here that otherwise had no problems making friends where they lived but here found it very challenging. This one woman got to talking to another woman at the fitness center and one day after months of chatting invited her out for coffee. The other woman's answer "Nope, sorry, I already have enough friends":wacko: Doesn't help I'm a housewife either.

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in? We are starting third round of ICSI in November for December transfer. It's going to be one really shit or good Christmas lol Good luck on your journey's xx

Welcome BabyDancing13:flower:

How long have you been TTCing? Did you go straight to ICSI or have you tried anything before like IUI or IVF? Anything more you'd like to tell about yourself?

Looking forward to hearing more about you:happydance:

AFM I ended up taking the advice of others I communicate with on another forum for those that have grown up with narcissistic parents and/or siblings or had a narcissistic spouse and just told her everything's fine and thanks for asking. I don't want to tell her about anything emotionally relevant because her and my brother clearly don't care and just use it to hurt me. Her response? "Great!" Don't know what's up with that answer but if I get some peace for the next 6 months or more and avoid my siblings' stressful behavior then that's fine by me:shrug:

My mother and I aren't getting along because she verbally and emotionally abuses me. So in reality it's her not getting along with me. She does these things unprovoked, she'll out of the blue tell me I'm selfish and when I protest she'll say "I can say whatever I want to you and you just have to put up with it!" There was the time she scared me and when I told her she gave me a heart attack she said "That's impossible dear, you don't have a heart!" with this smile on her face. Whenever I don't want to take her advice, she'll scream all sorts of nasty things to me so I end up hanging up and then calls me anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month later acting like nothing happened and when I've tried confronting her, she just tells me she's done nothing wrong. The best was when she'd gotten mad at me for yet again (politely) disagreeing with her and a couple of weeks later it was her birthday and I hadn't heard from her (silent treatment from her). DH (we were dating at the time) told me I should just bike over to her house so I did. I didn't have the key anymore so had to ring the doorbell. She opened it, got this pissed off look on her face and then slammed the door in my face!I once tried confronting her on all the abusive things she's said and done but she refuses to discuss things and just says she remembers none of it (not even the very memorable stuff) and then starts crying about poor her and her childhood, no empathy for me, no apology for any of it. Luckily I knew enough about NPD that I wasn't expecting one:shrug:

This woman has pitted my brother against me. Every time I haven't given in to everything she wants or says, she's called him to get him to berate me (where he comes with nasty condescending remarks and will insult me to no end). This is what narcissistic mothers do, they verbally and emotionally abuse their children and pit the favorite golden child (my brother) against the scapegoat (me). It's called triangulation.

Unfortunately, I don't think that'd work with him since he has NPD. People with this mental disorder don't respect boundaries, they believe they have the right to treat you how they please and you just need to put up with it or suffer their rages or silent treatments until you do. People with NPD haven't developed emotionally beyond the age of 6 or so. He'd probably just tell me that I'm the one that's wrong and it's me that needs to change. This man is in his 50's, he's not gonna change, people with NPD refuse to because they believe they are never wrong. They will even go to extremes by gaslighting you e.g. they re-write history so it's you who was the wrong party and they're the innocent ones. My mother and brother both do this. These are the reasons most psychiatrists won't bother treating them because they're impossible to treat when they believe they never, ever do any wrong. Because really, how do you treat someone like that?

As to the friend making it's very difficult here. Because of the verbal abuse, I was also very shy and mistrusting of people so it always took me too long to open up and most people didn't have the patience for it. Luckily in college I met hubby and his nice guy friends that also became my friends but otherwise no one really (other than this one woman who's extremely insecure at age 33) and people in this country stop making friends after college. I've heard stories of people moving here that otherwise had no problems making friends where they lived but here found it very challenging. This one woman got to talking to another woman at the fitness center and one day after months of chatting invited her out for coffee. The other woman's answer "Nope, sorry, I already have enough friends":wacko: Doesn't help I'm a housewife either.

I am so sorry that your family has been so mean to you hun!:hugs::hugs: I think that when your IVF cycle gets here that you should for sure distance yourself from your family members for that process! It can be really intense with all of the hormones and the best thing is if you are calm and feeling positive going into your IVF cycle! You don't need them stressing you out! For my cycle I was really laid back about it and I was very positive and I really think it helps! :hugs:

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in? We are starting third round of ICSI in November for December transfer. It's going to be one really shit or good Christmas lol Good luck on your journey's xx

Welcome to the group! :flower: Good luck with your ICSI cycle! :dust::dust: Fingers crossed there is a BFP under your christmas tree this year! :winkwink:

I am so sorry that your family has been so mean to you hun!:hugs::hugs: I think that when your IVF cycle gets here that you should for sure distance yourself from your family members for that process! It can be really intense with all of the hormones and the best thing is if you are calm and feeling positive going into your IVF cycle! You don't need them stressing you out! For my cycle I was really laid back about it and I was very positive and I really think it helps! :hugs:

Thanks wanna:hugs: My brother is luckily non communicado right now and I gave my narcissistic sister a polite snub yesterday so here's hoping it keeps them away for the next 6 months or more. Like that my narcissistic sister said her and her hubby plus narcissistic brother and his wife would be there to support me back in January yet they so haven't, not one word of encouragement, just trying to drag me into drama with them or our narcissistic mother:nope: Oh well, I wasn't really expecting them to be supportive so not disappointed, just hope they don't come to me in the future when they're in crisis because I won't be there. My eldest brother (another narc) tried that and I just don't want to (refused to get back in contact with him). Hopefully I'll be no contact with the whole lot of them before there's a chance of that though.

My mother is a slightly different matter entirely but I'm just ignoring her calls (she used to call every day then I ignored her and she stopped, now she's trying again, testing those boundaries) and only seeing her once a month max with DH because I just can't take her BS right now. Her calls are too trying, she just talks about her stocks, how the Muslims are destroying the world/this country and how the Jews are horrible people that are out to take over the world (she's pretty racist, especially when it comes to these 2 groups). Although she'll also go into a tirade about unemployed people as well, a little dig at me:dohh:

Hi girls, :flower:

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone's week is going great! :thumbup:

AFM I have my infertility consult this Monday 08/24 in the morning so I am hoping that I like this new fertility office and the DR that is there. If everything goes good I will transfer my 3 frosties there for my FET from my previous clinic that is 6 hours away in the home town that I grew up in. This new fertility office is one of the lowest cost clinics that I can find in the state I currently live in. I really hope I like this new office! If I don't I have no idea what I would do next. Traveling 6 hours for a FET cycle with my twins in tow is really hard and I really hope we can avoid it. :wacko:

In the mean time I need to find an OBGYN to do a routine exam and pap smear, and I need blood work as part of the testing that is required before I an do the FET. The fertility office wants to do my vaginal untlrasound to look at my uterus also. I am hoping that all of the testing goes good so I can move forward with the FET. I am nervous because I have stage 2 endometriosis, fibroids and I had to have surgery to remove a polyp that I had b4 my first IVF cycle and that DR removed some of the endo also. I am just hoping that my uterus still is clear and that I don't have any new stuff going on in there! Well wish me luck!:thumbup:

Good luck with your testing wanna, hope that they don't find anything :thumbup:

AFM I think I may have Oed yesterday so it looks like the Royal Jelly hasn't delayed O (I take 200 mg /day). So our only BDing before O was Sunday morning which I guess is fine, we are technically NTNP after all:winkwink: I'm just excited to see if the Royal Jelly will delay AF since I've heard it can. I don't know if the other Royal Jelly pills I was taking previously was delaying AF because of the timing (started taking them 1 week after O) or if it was because there were vitamins in them and I was getting too much of something:shrug: We'll see.

My morale though is a bit low at the moment though:nope: I recently saw one of the other ladies I've had some communication with that has the same age and been trying for a bit shorter time than me got her BFP (don't know if it was one of her IUIs or if she'd since moved on to IVF, wasn't in the mood to find out). I'm happy for her but it's making me wonder if I'm going to be one of the unlucky few that can't get pregnant and DH and I will either end up childless or considering using an egg donor (which I'm actually pretty open to) or maybe even having to adopt (which I'm much, much less open to):nope: I don't know, guess it's just one of those days..... :shrug::nope: Knowing me, I'll be up again in a few days.

Think my narcissistic siblings have also gotten a bit to me with their crap. My narcissistic sister otherwise had said back in January that her and my narcissistic brother and their spouses would be there to support me and once the going got a bit tough (plus I'd confront her politely when she'd start making things about her), she totally bailed and my brother and his wife never even made the slightest effort (my sister made it all about her but still). I know enough about this mental disorder to know they don't really care and are actually hoping I'll fail (because narcissistic families always want the scapegoat to do poorly) but it still stinks.

Sorry, work has been very busy and I haven't had chance to check in. Thank you for the welcome.

So, a bit about me... I have a very long medical history including twisted bowels and several surgeries to treat this at birth, three spinal surgeries and radiotherapy for a spinal tumour (ependymoma), and a laparoscopy which led to perforation of my bowels.

We have undergone x2 fresh ICSI and X2 FET cycles - with first FET resulting in chemical pregnancy and BFN for the others.

We always said we would do x3 ICSI cycles then review our future options. All we can do is hope we are 3rd time lucky.

What's your stories? x

Wow BabyDancing13, sorry to hear about all those surgeries. That sounds pretty rough:nope: So you went right to ICSI then?

Mine is on the first page since I started this thread but here it is again with a couple of added details:

I'm 36 years old and my DH is 38. I'm a housewife and DH is a Chemical Engineer. We've been TTC for 1 year and a little over 10 months since we started October 2013 after I dropped BCP in September 2013 (was on them for about 9-10 years). We have tried just about everything: Preseed, Softcups, Conceive Plus, FertileCM pills, green tea, grapefruit juice, CBFM, OPKs ect. I have regular cycles of 26-27 days and normally O CD13 or on rarer occasions CD14. I experienced a chemical (around 4w3d) on my 7th cycle trying in April 2014. We got our referral around October 2014 after we'd been trying for 1 year (the referral gives you your "free" tries, otherwise you must pay yourself if you won't wait the 1 year). I had my CD3 hormones tested in October 2014 and my RE told me they were "normal for (my) age" while the HSG back in November 2014 showed both tubes are wide open. My RE confirmed my suspicions that I O regularly. DH's SAs have revealed he's normal although it's on the lower end of normal. We've been "diagnosed" with "unexplained infertility."

We started IUI in January this year and have had 6 IUIs, all with injectables (Puregon) that all failed :( So due to the Danish system and the "free" tries you get here (BTW we pay 45% taxes on paychecks and 25% tax on groceries ect so we're sorta paying in a way), we can first start IVF at the local hospital around October since our 1st meeting with them is September 28th and we can first start when I get AF after this meeting. We get 3 "free" IVF tries although frozen embies don't count, nor do any tries with 0 follies fertilized if I understand it correctly. Until we can start, we'll be NTNP so we can load up mentally for IVF (especially me).

@Kat, thanks for the good luCk wishes! :flower: Good luck with O and :spermy: catching the egg! :dust::dust:

@Baby, Wow, you have really been through a lot hun! I am so sorry that you have had suCh a ruff time with everything! Big hugs to you! :hugs::hugs: I really hope that this IVF will be the one that finally gets you your forever baby! good luCk! :dust::dust:

My history is as follows! I had been LTTC#1 for 3 years b4 we went the IVF route, After 14 yr old vasectomy my DH had a Vas Rev done in 10/09, He now has a low sperm count, I had an HSG done and my left tube was open & right tube is damaged, they found a polyp in my uterus, I had hysteroscopy/lap on 08/29/12 to remove a polyp and they removed scar tissue and removed endometriosis that was in there, I found out that I have stage 2 endometriosis & fibroids. My fibroids were not removed due to where they are, they should not do anything to my fertility and are in difficult locations making them hard to remove. I had my IVF/ICSI Nov. 2012, I had 20 eggs, I started out with 9 embryos, they were (5 day) embryos, I transferred 3. It gave me my twins. I now have 3 frosties for my upcoming FET. My twins are a boy & girl born at 28 weeks baby girl born on 5-24-13 @ 12:53 pm weighing 2lbs 5.03 ounces & baby boy born 5-24-13 @ 12:54pm weighing 1 lb 4.8 ounces by C-section. They both had long NICU stays, my son 4 months, my daughter was 2 months. My DD breezed through the NICU without any problems, but my son had a tougher time due to his size. They arrived early because my DS started falling behind in his growth and his heart was working to hard, he had fluid around it also. His heart was normal though after he was delivered thankfully. He had a MRSA infection well he was there and we were worried we would loose him. He had multiple blood transfusions well he was there because his vitals would start crashing. He also had low blood sugar and arrived home on 3 different meds I had to give him along with testing his blood sugar 3 times a day. I was his nurse with all of that going on. Now he is healthy and doesn't have the low blood sugar anymore, thankfully he grew out of it. Both twins are developmentally delayed but are getting there over time! They are thankfully healthy other than their developmental delays.

I am debating about how many embryos to put back for my FET cycle. I put back 3 for my first IVF cycle and ended up with my twins. I had a short cervix though and I thought that was why I would deliver early, instead it was because of the problems with my DS. I have the 3 embryos and I am thinking of putting back 2 just because I am paying for this myself and we can't afford to repeat this cycle all over again! On the other hand due the risks of twins and what happened to me the first time I have some fear with that. I have been looking into a cerclage though because of my short cervix, I see if it is placed early that there is an 80 to 90% chance of going to full term, so I am going to talk to my DR about it for this pregnancy. Even though the surgery sounds scary for placing the cerclage, the risks are lower that there would be complications from the surgery itself vrs the risks that happen when you have a preemie in the NICU and all of the health problems they can encounter.

I just wanted to add that I am turning 36 this year and DH is about 10 years older than me. We have been together for almost 14 years and married for almost 9. I am in the USA and I live on the East Coast! :thumbup:

@Kat, thanks for the good luCk wishes! :flower: Good luck with O and :spermy: catching the egg! :dust::dust:

Thanks wanna, although I seriously doubt that we will get a BFP during our NTNP waiting period before IVF :nope: Especially when those 6 IUIs failed and on most of them I had 2 follies. So thinking if I can't get pregnant with 2 follies and 40-60 million of DH's sperm cells being put directly up there, it looks pretty bleak for me getting pregnant naturally:nope:

Thanks for sharing ladies

My short story is I had five ivf to have my daughter. Before ivf we had a miscarriage at 8 Weeks.

After three ivf we changed doctors and found out I had stage three endometriosis and genes that clots easily.

For all our ivf we never had more than two embryos and for the last one only two eggs which luckily both become two good quality embyros. I obviously have DOR and is the main cause to our infertility.

We are hoping or last frostie works and we never have to do another round of Ivf. Each and every ivf cycle was so emotional I don't want to face those days again.

Hoping everyone on this thread gets their bfp before xmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->