Anyone else starting IVF October/November 2015?

Kat she sounds a bit scattered. Ah well, it takes all kinds I suppose.

Thanks for the heads up ttcbaby. Still no AF. I wonder does it mean by body is just not ready though?

Kat all the best for your meeting. Did you write down your questions? I find if I leave it to my brains to remember I always forget something.

Got a letter saying government is funding less medical expenses next year. Hoping our transfer happens this year.

Just can't wait to see if this last embryo sticks but I know I will be so scare to find out.

@Kat, your friend sounds like she has some issues for sure. I think you can give her advice about what she should do, but i know from experience friends like her will do what they want regardless of what you say, so really all you an do is just be there for her as a friend!

Thanks for the suggestion! :thumbup: I will try to bring up the FET cycle again when DH is on break from school and more relaxed! I do have a honey do list for him that I am working on though for what he needs to do around the house well he is on break. Like clean the gutters and trim some tree branches back away from the roof of the house. etc. LOL! I will try to take it easy on him with the chores so he isn't too overwhelmed!

@Unlucky, Fingers crossed that you get to do your transfer soon! Good luck! :dust::dust:

Kat all the best for your meeting. Did you write down your questions? I find if I leave it to my brains to remember I always forget something.

Not yet, find I'm having trouble finding questions:blush: I don't have any questions about the actual IVF so thinking it would be more questions concerning me and DH. Still have 3 weeks to figure something out but am open to any suggestions:winkwink:

@Kat, your friend sounds like she has some issues for sure. I think you can give her advice about what she should do, but i know from experience friends like her will do what they want regardless of what you say, so really all you an do is just be there for her as a friend!

Thanks for the suggestion! :thumbup: I will try to bring up the FET cycle again when DH is on break from school and more relaxed! I do have a honey do list for him that I am working on though for what he needs to do around the house well he is on break. Like clean the gutters and trim some tree branches back away from the roof of the house. etc. LOL! I will try to take it easy on him with the chores so he isn't too overwhelmed!

Yep that's exactly how she is. I can't count the number of times DH and I would give her advice on how to find a man when she was single (e.g. be less picky about looks and go more for personality) and she'd do whatever she wanted anyway:nope: She's also super insecure and needy when she's single. She would always come over to our place and cry about these loser men she'd sleep with (her 2 previous boyfriends had been both physically and emotionally abusive although we first knew her when she was dating the last one and she first told us after he broke up with her although I had my suspicions) and why they didn't want to be her boyfriend and if it was her making them act this way yada yada:dohh: She would always need us to tell her 4-5 times during one visit that it's these men that are the problem (which was true) but we never dared to tell her that maybe her insecurities are an issue as well. I know it sounds bad but I don't think she'd react well to it anyway:shrug:

Yep try not to give him too many chores, that should leave him more relaxed and open for discussing the FET and you can more easily convince him to let you do it sooner rather than later. GL and let us know how it goes:flower:

@Kat, I have a girlfriend from high school like your friend. She is my age and she has a son. She is a pretty, smart and sweet girl but she doesn't realize her value. She always picks these piece of crap guys that treat her horrible! When it comes to men she is clueless! I would love to see her happy with a great guy but I am not sure that she will ever learn! :growlmad::dohh:

Friday I went to a granite store and looked at granite slabs! Hubby stayed at home and watched the twins! I also ran a few other errands, went to the post office and store. I found some cute Halloween pumpkin decorations that light up and a scarecrow to put on the front porch.
We are redoing our kitchen and we felt like the costs at the store where we are ordering the new cabinets were way to high for the counter tops. I found some nice granite for hundreds of dollars less at this place! Of course my favorite slabs of granite were the most expensive ones! LOL!:wacko: They had a special though and I was able to find a few I liked, and I found a special sale price one that I really like for a little bit more and DH is okay if I picked that one, so it might be worth it to me to spend a little more to be happier with my decision! I am getting excited about getting the new kitchen and DH and I have been living in our house 5 years now muttering and complaining about how much we don't like the kitchen, so it is long overdue! LOL! :happydance: I will post before and after photos once we finish the remodel. We have a guy coming to double check the measurements on Thursday to make sure everything will fit okay before we order the cabinets.

@Kat, I have a girlfriend from high school like your friend. She is my age and she has a son. She is a pretty, smart and sweet girl but she doesn't realize her value. She always picks these piece of crap guys that treat her horrible! When it comes to men she is clueless! I would love to see her happy with a great guy but I am not sure that she will ever learn! :growlmad::dohh:

Nope unfortunately they will probably never learn. The guy my friend is living with now seems like a really nice guy but I'm thinking the age difference will be a problem and it won't last. I mean how many 21-22 year olds are ready to settle down and have kids:wacko:

Friday I went to a granite store and looked at granite slabs! Hubby stayed at home and watched the twins! I also ran a few other errands, went to the post office and store. I found some cute Halloween pumpkin decorations that light up and a scarecrow to put on the front porch.
We are redoing our kitchen and we felt like the costs at the store where we are ordering the new cabinets were way to high for the counter tops. I found some nice granite for hundreds of dollars less at this place! Of course my favorite slabs of granite were the most expensive ones! LOL!:wacko: They had a special though and I was able to find a few I liked, and I found a special sale price one that I really like for a little bit more and DH is okay if I picked that one, so it might be worth it to me to spend a little more to be happier with my decision! I am getting excited about getting the new kitchen and DH and I have been living in our house 5 years now muttering and complaining about how much we don't like the kitchen, so it is long overdue! LOL! :happydance: I will post before and after photos once we finish the remodel. We have a guy coming to double check the measurements on Thursday to make sure everything will fit okay before we order the cabinets.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the new kitchen:flower: Knowing me I'd probably have liked the more expensive ones too:haha: I don't even have to look at prices, I just naturally think the more expensive things are nicer (in the majority of cases anyway).

Reminds me that DH and I should really be looking at houses since we want to move closer to his new job. We seem to have issues pulling ourselves together. Won't be buying until November/December so DH's trial period is over and we're more sure he's really keeping this job. In Denmark they can fire you for the most ridiculous things those first 3 months so better wait and be 100% sure this job is for keeps.

On a more personal note, my NPD mother started talking about either moving into our future house (not gonna happen!) or getting a small house/apartment close by (going to try and avoid this as well). We told my FIL and MIL and every time I said that my NPD mother isn't going to move in with us and how horrible it was for me to live with her and I refused to ever live with her again my MIL would laugh as if it was a joke:wacko: I guess she doesn't understand how damaging it's for people that have grown up with a e.g. mother that has verbally and emotionally been abusive all our lives:nope: I didn't know how to respond to it so didn't say anything but it did hurt me :(

Aloha ladies! Sorry I haven't been by in a while, my computer broke so I've been trying to follow along on my phone but it's so hard to post.

I have a "discuss options" appointment with my RE this week to talk about my failed FET last month and depending on how the appointment goes my next (and last) transfer will be October 14th.

Aloha ladies! Sorry I haven't been by in a while, my computer broke so I've been trying to follow along on my phone but it's so hard to post.

I have a "discuss options" appointment with my RE this week to talk about my failed FET last month and depending on how the appointment goes my next (and last) transfer will be October 14th.

Yeah I hate posting using my phone as well so no worries:haha:

Keep us updated and let us know how the meeting goes. FXed that this FET gives you a sticky bean :dust:

Glad to hear you are back online!!!! Let us know what the RE says. How many frosties do you have left? I will probably do my transfer in November. so one month behind you.

Thanks for the heads up ttcbaby. Still no AF. I wonder does it mean by body is just not ready though?

Got a letter saying government is funding less medical expenses next year. Hoping our transfer happens this year.

Just can't wait to see if this last embryo sticks but I know I will be so scare to find out.

I think our bodies just get messed up from the hormones and that causes AF to go crazy!

Nope unfortunately they will probably never learn. The guy my friend is living with now seems like a really nice guy but I'm thinking the age difference will be a problem and it won't last. I mean how many 21-22 year olds are ready to settle down and have kids:wacko:

Looking forward to seeing pics of the new kitchen:flower: Knowing me I'd probably have liked the more expensive ones too:haha: I don't even have to look at prices, I just naturally think the more expensive things are nicer (in the majority of cases anyway).

Reminds me that DH and I should really be looking at houses since we want to move closer to his new job. We seem to have issues pulling ourselves together. Won't be buying until November/December so DH's trial period is over and we're more sure he's really keeping this job. In Denmark they can fire you for the most ridiculous things those first 3 months so better wait and be 100% sure this job is for keeps.

On a more personal note, my NPD mother started talking about either moving into our future house (not gonna happen!) or getting a small house/apartment close by (going to try and avoid this as well). We told my FIL and MIL and every time I said that my NPD mother isn't going to move in with us and how horrible it was for me to live with her and I refused to ever live with her again my MIL would laugh as if it was a joke:wacko: I guess she doesn't understand how damaging it's for people that have grown up with a e.g. mother that has verbally and emotionally been abusive all our lives:nope: I didn't know how to respond to it so didn't say anything but it did hurt me :(

I will be sure to post before and after photos of the new kitchen when it is done! DH & I decided on which granite we wanted to go with, he went to go pay for it today but the store was closed early because of the Labor day holiday today! :dohh: It would of been nice if the guy I talked to on the phone today mentioned that to me or if they posted it on their website!:shrug: Well I hope the slab that we liked is still there by the time we get another chance to get in and buy it! It was a really pretty special sale/clearance one!

I hope that everything works out with DH's new job and that you guys can work on the house hunt! Good luck to your DH! :thumbup:

I don't blame yu for not wanting your Mom to live with you after how horrible she has treated you over all of these years!:hugs: That is one of the many reasons why it is so important to be good to your children because when you grow old you might need their help! I think you should suggest other options to her, like an assisted living facility, senior living community or a nursing home, etc. Maybe give her some suggestions on some places near where you guys live that look good.

Welcome back! :flower: I hate posting with my phone as well so I totally get it! :dohh: Good luck and sticky baby dust with your next transfer in October! I hope your RE can shed come light on what you can try to have success for your next cycle! :dust::dust:

Glad to hear you are back online!!!! Let us know what the RE says. How many frosties do you have left? I will probably do my transfer in November. so one month behind you.

Hi my other island girl 🌴 We Just have 1 frostie left which is pgd normal and graded 5bb. This is our last chance. How many of you have left?

I will be sure to post before and after photos of the new kitchen when it is done! DH & I decided on which granite we wanted to go with, he went to go pay for it today but the store was closed early because of the Labor day holiday today! :dohh: It would of been nice if the guy I talked to on the phone today mentioned that to me or if they posted it on their website!:shrug: Well I hope the slab that we liked is still there by the time we get another chance to get in and buy it! It was a really pretty special sale/clearance one!

I hope that everything works out with DH's new job and that you guys can work on the house hunt! Good luck to your DH! :thumbup:

I don't blame yu for not wanting your Mom to live with you after how horrible she has treated you over all of these years!:hugs: That is one of the many reasons why it is so important to be good to your children because when you grow old you might need their help! I think you should suggest other options to her, like an assisted living facility, senior living community or a nursing home, etc. Maybe give her some suggestions on some places near where you guys live that look good.

The problem is she's always refused options like that (especially the nursing home option, she claims she'd rather die), she wants to stay in a house. The problem is she probably can't afford a house at the same time because she's in huge debt with the bank. Even with the sale of her current house, she wouldn't be able to afford anything in that size order (which she doesn't need anyway). So her solution is to live with us so she can remain in a house:wacko: I don't even want her to live close to us, part of the appeal of moving closer to DH's new job was moving farther away from her. If we live too close to her, she'll expect us to come over more often or she'll constantly want to drop by and I just don't want that :( I want to remain as low contact as possible because of her very toxic behavior. She has given me years and years worth of emotional scars plus is part of the reason I have such a horrible relationship with my narcissistic brother (since she'd call him after every altercation with me and blame me and tell him how awful I am). To this day, he refuses to see me as anything but a super selfish, childish person. Not only that I don't want her to be around my future child very much because she'll do the same to my child that she did to me.

The only reasons this woman even keeps contact with me is A) her other kids don't want contact with her because she's so toxic and B) she has hopes we'll move to the US and she wants me to get her back in because she's not an American Citizen while I am since I was born there. Every time we see her, she keeps asking us when we'll move to the US.

@Kat, Do they have senior living communities there like they do here in the states? Here in the states they have low cost rental apartments for senior citizens. It makes it really affordable for older people. I am so sorry that your Mom is trying to use you for her own selfish needs. I think you should just tell it like it is and let her know her living with you isn't happening so she needs to make other plans. You don't need her negativity in your life! :hugs::hugs:

AFM, I posted some photos of my kitchen remodel choices in my journal if anyone wants to take a look!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...s-fet-ttc-3-fall-spring-219.html#post36138903

Hi my other island girl 🌴 We Just have 1 frostie left which is pgd normal and graded 5bb. This is our last chance. How many of you have left?

We didn't do PGD on our embies, which a part of me is regretting. Anyway, we have 4 blasts. I think we will transfer 2 this time and then 2 the next if we need to.

Praying that in a few months both of us are having long chats about morning sickness, ultrasound appointments, and trying to find clothes to fit over our big bellies!!!!

@Kat, Do they have senior living communities there like they do here in the states? Here in the states they have low cost rental apartments for senior citizens. It makes it really affordable for older people. I am so sorry that your Mom is trying to use you for her own selfish needs. I think you should just tell it like it is and let her know her living with you isn't happening so she needs to make other plans. You don't need her negativity in your life! :hugs::hugs:

Wow, the kitchen looks good:thumbup:

The only problem with apartments is she'd need something on the ground floor as her hip is messed up. This is due to her falling a few years ago and then not doing her exercises because "it hurts to do them" although I think she purposefully wanted to be a partial invalid so she could more easily manipulate everyone and get her way. Not only that but it'd need to be a bit away from traffic as she has an outdoor cat.

No I don't and I actually had the chance to go no contact on her 2 years ago. I got a part-time job that didn't work out because the woman I worked closely with hated me from day 1 even though I was nice and acted like she was my boss and they fired me anyway (citing a bunch of bad excuses for firing me in a nasty tone ending in me crying but they can fire you for anything during the first 3 months in this country). My mother than tried to push me to complain to everyone at the company and I refused, even though she got insistent and told me "You should do as I say because I'm the smartest person you know!" I kept on politely refusing so she got pissed and after hurling abusive words while screaming, I hung up on her. She then silent treatment-ed me for a long time (her usual MO) and during this time I discovered she has NPD. I, stupidly, wrote her a letter telling her about all the hurtful things she's said and done over the years and that if things didn't change, we couldn't have a relationship (I didn't understand NPD as well as I do now; people with NPD don't change or have the ability or desire to). I first heard from her many months later and DH convinced me to go over to her house and talk to her. So I foolishly did (with DH as a witness) and she just ended up claiming not to remember ANY of the abusive things she's said and done over the years (typical NPD, it's called gaslighting) and started crying about poor her and her childhood (with her own NPD mother BTW). DH convinced me to give her another chance which I should've refused to do. Although he now agrees no more chances after this because he's starting to see how toxic she is and unable to change.

hi I have just joined , am waiting to get my frozen embryo transfer but I am diabetic and have to get my sugers bang on .
I have had to gos at icsi both BFN then got married in 2011 and 6 weeks before our wedding I found a lump leaving it to 3 weeks after I founf out I had breast cancer , had the whole sha bang !! any way one embryo frozen and hope to go within the next 3 months for transfer just had my hbc1 bloods done this morning I pray to god they have come down , this is the only thing that's stopping us now , anyway dose anyone have any suggestions what to avoid food wise , or any help would be great as I have been away from this for over 8 years many thanks x

regards Jennifer
sending fairy dust your way x

Welcome alliwantis:flower:

So sorry to hear that you had breast cancer but happy that you are now healthy and well. Hope your results come back good:flower:

I'm not too sure if there are any foods you should avoid or be taking while trying to get pregnant. If you aren't already doing so you should be taking pre-natal vitamins (or pregnancy ones if you can't get them) with Folic Acid in them to avoid the baby getting neural problems. Otherwise just eating healthy and varied is probably the best bet. The only thing I know is that you need to keep your caffeine intake low. My previous RE also recommended limiting sugar intake (sweets, sodas, ect)but since you're diabetic, I'm guessing that's not an issue.

hi I have just joined , am waiting to get my frozen embryo transfer but I am diabetic and have to get my sugers bang on .
I have had to gos at icsi both BFN then got married in 2011 and 6 weeks before our wedding I found a lump leaving it to 3 weeks after I founf out I had breast cancer , had the whole sha bang !! any way one embryo frozen and hope to go within the next 3 months for transfer just had my hbc1 bloods done this morning I pray to god they have come down , this is the only thing that's stopping us now , anyway dose anyone have any suggestions what to avoid food wise , or any help would be great as I have been away from this for over 8 years many thanks x

regards Jennifer
sending fairy dust your way x

Welcome hun! Wow what a journey you have been on! I wish you all the luck and hope your hbc1 is good.

For my FET all I have read is that L-Arginine, Vitamin E, Fish oil, and a prenatal are all good. Also make sure you have a good iron level. I am anemic from my last IVF round so I am also doing some iron.

I would just make sure it is okay to take these supplements and it wont affect your diabetes. That I am not to sure of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->