Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

That's such a good idea mother of boys. I love doing things like that and actually my nieces and nephews are all getting older now.

I'm definitely going to get myself a new planning notebook. I do love a list.

In a way this year seems to be running away with me, like seriously, how is it august already! I was looking at matching christmas pjs for the whole family yesterday and feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Ohh I like the movie bucket idea !

Matching pjs for us are defiantly on the list too although DH doesn’t wear PJs at all so might just end up myself and the children !

I’m making Oreo truffles for some family members and putting them in a little gingerbread house box they look so cute ! I’m filling the children’s with sweets ! Will have to remember to post a pic ! Home Bargain usually do the boxes !

I will be able to go shopping this year without having to hide things from DD2 she is quick of the mark with noticing things ! Both girls will be in full time school! Crazy !

I could just do that last year because my big girl was in school and my little still napped every time I put him in the pram. I'll definitely be having to hide things from him this time.

I definitely need to start thinking about what to do for my home made edible gifts. I love doing those sorts of things.

I've been looking at matching pjs this year too. We had them a few years ago but obviously the boys have out grown theirs and we have another little one now.

The last couple of years have been a struggle to hide things as ds3 is now home educated. DH thinks its now time that he knew about Santa which would make it easier to explain all the parcels arriving, but I don't really want him to know yet haha
Although I did hear him last night telling ds4 that he could "ask for anything at all, even a VR because its all free" so maybe I should let him in on the secret so he doesn't encourage him to ask for anything too expensive :haha:

My eldest is 7 and still believes but I dread her finding out. One of her best friends has already tried to tell her that the tooth fairy is just her dad. We told her that's ridiculous, why would we pay for her teeth and fortunately it seems she wants to believe and she just accepted it. I just remind myself that I was very young when I figured it out (like 5 i think) and it never ruined Christmas for me.

Oh I need this thread!!

My oldest figured out the truth about Santa for herself about a year ago, she was about 7.5. Earlier than I anticipated but she was fine with it. I told her Santa is real but it’s more a spirit and grownups play the Santa game to make the magic come alive for kids, and now that she’s old enough she gets to be Santa too. Help the magic come alive for the younger kids. So then it isn’t a case of Santa just being “done” but changing the role Santa plays for older kids.

I am in the US and I’m pretty sure Christmas can’t happen with family this year with how things are going. But I hope that isn’t true. Christmas is my favorite!!

Oh I need this thread!!

My oldest figured out the truth about Santa for herself about a year ago, she was about 7.5. Earlier than I anticipated but she was fine with it. I told her Santa is real but it’s more a spirit and grownups play the Santa game to make the magic come alive for kids, and now that she’s old enough she gets to be Santa too. Help the magic come alive for the younger kids. So then it isn’t a case of Santa just being “done” but changing the role Santa plays for older kids.

I am in the US and I’m pretty sure Christmas can’t happen with family this year with how things are going. But I hope that isn’t true. Christmas is my favorite!!

Ds1 was 8 and I told him the same sort of thing and said he was promoted to Santa's Helper. Ds2 was 10. Ds3 is now 10 and questioned it a few years ago, then talked himself back in to believing because he thought that we would have to buy all of the presents on Christmas Eve and it wouldn't be possible for us to do it all :haha:
Ds4 will be 7 in October and he questions a lot of things, but so far hasn't questioned Santa. I don't think we can have many years left with him though. I'm not sure is ds3 will blab, we've been lucky so far with the others keeping the secret. So glad I have a baby to keep it going. I could have another 10 years of playing Santa yet :haha:

My eldest is 7 and still believes but I dread her finding out. One of her best friends has already tried to tell her that the tooth fairy is just her dad. We told her that's ridiculous, why would we pay for her teeth and fortunately it seems she wants to believe and she just accepted it. I just remind myself that I was very young when I figured it out (like 5 i think) and it never ruined Christmas for me.

Ahhh this is what annoys me about some kids ! Don’t ruin it for others ! DD1 still fully believes ! I dread her finding out too , but she will enjoy it none the less . It’s all exciting !

Oh I need this thread!!

Ohhh I like how you went about telling your DD! Totally saying this to my DD when the time comes although I will probably just brush it off and tell her he is real ! My niece still believes and she is 11 in November . I actually worry DD2 will find out before DD1 cause she will defiantly blab haha - need a bribe for when the time comes to keep her quiet

I’m praying that something changes with covid so we can all at least spend Xmas with family and friends .

MrsKatie that's a really nice way of explaining it. There's about 4 1\2 years between my two(and hoping hubby will go for a third) so we need a plan to be sure the magic keeps going and she doesn't blab!

I feel like my dd list is coming along great but really struggling for ds. Anyone any idea what almost 3 years old boys want? He pretty much has everything I know he likes to play with and we have limited space so don't want to get more big toys for the same of it.

Ds announced when he was 5 that Santa was mythical! I didn't want him to miss out on the magic at such a young age so took him on a trip to lapland to meet the 'real' Santa. He's 10 now and spends a lot of time with his big cousins so I think it's only a matter of time before he knows for sure. My nieces love being in on the secret but he and the youngest one can annoy each other at times so I won't be surprised if she blurts it out during an argument.

I always check back on here to see if anyone starts mentioning Christmas haha!
i feel actually organised already this year! Already pretty much sorted for youngests birthday next month he will be 8!
Got a few Xmas purchases in too and some stocking fillers. Their main gift this year will be a switch hoping to find some sort of decent deal for that.

Oh gosh I’ve no idea what my girls will be getting as their main presents ! They have Xbox , bike , scooters , iPads !

On another note . I have all these little jars from baby food from when I was weaning DS. Any ideas what I can do with them ?

I’

could you give them to a food bank? We have a few locally. Or maybe post on a local Facebook page for anyone who might want them :)

Oh gosh I’ve no idea what my girls will be getting as their main presents ! They have Xbox , bike , scooters , iPads !

On another note . I have all these little jars from baby food from when I was weaning DS. Any ideas what I can do with them ?

I’
I would probably either make plum chutney or chilli jam and fill them with that if I might do a craft with the kids and make a snow globe type thing.

Ooo great ! Thanks ladies

I will save some for the children and I will use some for myself haha

Yess, love a good Christmas thread!!
I have started making lists and taking note of things the kids mention so I can add it to my amazon wishlists to price watch.
DS1 and DSS I have got a driving experience voucher for each of them that I got through park so has been paid off throughout the year so they are one present each down. I also have a tracksuit that DS1 had his heart set on as it went into the sale so I grabbed it... Why do they have to grow up and things become so expensive xx

Yess, love a good Christmas thread!!
I have started making lists and taking note of things the kids mention so I can add it to my amazon wishlists to price watch.
DS1 and DSS I have got a driving experience voucher for each of them that I got through park so has been paid off throughout the year so they are one present each down. I also have a tracksuit that DS1 had his heart set on as it went into the sale so I grabbed it... Why do they have to grow up and things become so expensive xx

This!^^^ when they are little you can (if you choose to) get a huge pile of presents, for half the price you spend on a barely there pile for teenagers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->