Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

I'm so eager to start properly shopping so far its only things that are bargains or stocking fillers. I keep browsing and adding bits to my wish list.

Love Christmas chat :) So far we have booked the lights at Dunham Massey (National Trust place) but other events look uncertain right now. I know a lot of theatres have already decided not to do their pantos this year or have moved them to Easter. We looked into a day trip to Lapland, since we didn't go to Florida in May due to covid, but its so expensive I just don't think I could justify it. Even more so with how all the quarantine requirements are constantly changing :(
I'm holding off on present buying for now as my 3 change their minds like the wind lol!

Totally get that buttercup. I'm going to limit myself to just stocking fillers for the time being,

I'm so eager to start properly shopping so far its only things that are bargains or stocking fillers. I keep browsing and adding bits to my wish list.

I am the same !! We’ve had a few things that needed doing in the house/gardens and unexpected medical expenses so been holding off !

My girls have said the same things a few times so they are on the list !

We have been looking at a Xmas day out but not sure how things are going to plan out with covid . There’s a outdoor night show we might go too ! That’s about it

I've got 2 of the boys birthdays in October, I've already sorted one though as with lock down I've been shopping online while bored :haha: but he's been asking for the same things for MONTHS so I think we are good. Usually I try not to buy too early in case they change their minds.

That's the thing isn't it? You just can't make any real plans in case they all end up being cancelled again :(

Yeah it is really difficult to make plans now we don't know the future of possible lockdowns:(

I just hope it doesn’t ruin the magic of Christmas for the kids ! I mean how’s it going to work with the grottos and seeing Santa ?!

I’ve been looking for Xmas pjs for them today haha! I need to clear out hiding space too !

I've been looking at PJs too. I want all matching this year :haha:
I bought the baby a nappy too, we use cloth and the bigger boys usually get underwear so I figured that's pretty much the same thing for him :haha: we have more than enough but its a nightmare before Christmas one so I couldn't say no.

I really want matching pjs for all of us too. I really liked the ones primark did last year but I had a car accident and by the time I was able to go shopping they'd sold out of loads of sizes. This year I'll be on the look out early to make sure I get what I want.

Love the sound of the nightmare before christmas nappy. Sounds super cute!

fam-jams-isle-1

My primary didn't have many sizes when I went last year, but I hadn't known they were doing matching until I got there so may have been too late.

You girls always get me excited for Christmas and planning each year! I am a little sad though as my youngest who will be 8 a week before Christmas is getting out of the toy stage, she is getting more into electronics like her older siblings. She is my last so it is quite sad that I won't be buying lots of toys anymore!
Not sure yet what I'm getting them yet this yr, my oldest is still into Lego (he collects them, not really plays with them) he has requested a couple of Star Wars sets, and I think I will get them some nice blankets for their beds, really want to get them duvet's which I have not found over here in the USA yet!

We usually go to six flags (theme park) every yr for Christmas as the park goes all out, but it is closed and not sure when they will open, either way we will try to make it special whatever we do this yr :xmas12:

Ended up ordering most of DH stuff on Amazon last night. I will grab some little stocking fillers and some snack foods for his movie night bucket I'm planning for everyone but other than that he's done. If he mentions needing any clothes I will probably add those in too.

Matalan have some of their Xmas bits online to browse. Not in stock yet but made me a bit excited!

Ooo I might have to have a look when I've got some time

Matalan have some of their Xmas bits online to browse. Not in stock yet but made me a bit excited!
Just had a look and I'm literally sat here going 'I'm getting one of those...oooh I like that' I love christmas so much!!

Oh my goodness, I finally got a moment to take a look and there is so much gorgeous stuff. I love all the bedding :haha:

They have some lovely bits don’t they! I have my eye on the bauble garland as will match my new living room colour scheme so well.
I love the stick hanging tree thing too! Too many nice bits!

Helllooooo

So happy to see some familiar faces on here.
It's around now when I start thinking Christmas (well once I've got the girls September birthdays out of the way
Now August is almost done and girls are back to school (hopefully) I get so excited about the autumn/winter season.

No idea what I'll get my girls as thinking about their birthdays has been hard enough and we have no room for huge presents (they're getting a Barbie dreamhouse for their bday from my mum)

OMG Motherofboys.... congratulations on your new arrival. You must be even more excited for Christmas this year. Nothing much has changed here, we wanted to move but it hasn't happened due to Corona and tbh just feel settled here for now, maybe next year.

Will pop on again in a couple of weeks, hopefully grotto will open soon.

Lots of love

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->