Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

Anybody else's kids lost interest in toys? DD1 (soon to be 10) and DD2 (6) have said they don't want toys. DD1 would rather have clothes.

I wouldn't say mine have lost total interest, they do still play with toys, but they have enough of everything if you know what I mean. Another barbie is just another barbie, they have two boxes of outfits and accessories for their dolls . Dd1 is definitely losing interest and prefers her tablet and dd2 is so active she just loves her gym mats and balance beam (both I got when my sisters nursery closed)
It's making birthday and Christmas ideas very difficult x

Thank you for your reply ! I’ve actually just been reading about damage to the feet because of these shoes !! She’s only 8 too (9 in Feb) . She absolutely loves dancing . I’m just going to have to tell her a little white lie . I don’t want to risk any damage to her feet or a broken ankle !

The dance companies in my area take part in a lot of competitions which I wasn’t keen on !
It's really difficult to find classes these days that aren't geared towards competition unfortunately. As a gymnast it would be quite good for her to learn ballet as well. Good luck with the shoes conversation, maybe telling her that it would damage her feet and mean she couldn't do gymnastics anymore...

DD1 has turned more towards anime and cosplay. She watches them like a soap, and has asked for related things for her birthday. Both revolve around Minecraft and the doomed Roblox. DD2 does have enough toys but I dunno, just doesn't feel like "our" Christmas without the piles of toys.

DD1 has turned more towards anime and cosplay. She watches them like a soap, and has asked for related things for her birthday. Both revolve around Minecraft and the doomed Roblox. DD2 does have enough toys but I dunno, just doesn't feel like "our" Christmas without the piles of toys.

I dont know what I'll do when there's no more piles of toys one day.

It's really difficult to find classes these days that aren't geared towards competition unfortunately. As a gymnast it would be quite good for her to learn ballet as well. Good luck with the shoes conversation, maybe telling her that it would damage her feet and mean she couldn't do gymnastics anymore...
We are going to look into the ballet classes more and see what happens ! The conversation went very well I just told her she needs to start off with flat ballet shoes before getting pointe shoes . She agreed and I’ve now found a better pair of flat pink ballet shoes !

That's great the conversation went well and you've found some more ballet shoes :)

Aww I'm glad that it went well and she was understanding about having to wait.

Thanks ladies me too ! She is usually the one child I can rely on the compromise haha .

Home Bargain have been stocking / re arranging their sweet/chocolate aisle with Christmas things !!

Also not Christmas related but I bought DD2s Halloween costume today ! :haha: . She really wanted it and it was only £3 so why not ! They will be flying off the shelves soon !

I'm looking forward to when the seasonal stock starts to come in at work

Can you believe it’s September already! Where has this year gone!

Whoooo I love September . We are now on official birthday countdown

I was gonna do some online shopping but internet has been down since yesterday so only have slow mobile broadband… :(

Oh how frustrating about the Internet. I hope it's working again soon.

Where are you working motherofboys? X

Just in a Co-op food store, so won't be as exciting as some with toys etc but all the tubs of sweets and Christmas puddings etc will get me excited and hungry hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->