Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

Ds (11 already) came into the living room last night with a cup of warm milk and an aldi chocolate melt snowman (from his stockingladt year), popped the snowman into the milk and announced 'let the Yule festivaties begin!' :xmas13::xmas8:

Ds (11 already) came into the living room last night with a cup of warm milk and an aldi chocolate melt snowman (from his stockingladt year), popped the snowman into the milk and announced 'let the Yule festivaties begin!' :xmas13::xmas8:
Oh love this !!! Hahah x

The Works had some Xmas stock in last week and B&M staff where stocking the shelves yesterday with make up products etc down the seasonal aisle !!

is anyone else worried about lack of toys/food this year with the pandemic and us here in the UK dealing with Brexit !

I hadn't really thought about it, but I know there has been a lot of issues with deliveries to shops so I should have thought that far ahead really. Food wise I'm very much a "if we can't get it we will just go without it" person, so I'm not too worried about that, and I normally buy the important presents early enough that I *should* be ok and have plenty of time to source them. I'm glad you brought it up though as its made me realise I'm not being silly buying early

I hadn't really thought about it, but I know there has been a lot of issues with deliveries to shops so I should have thought that far ahead really. Food wise I'm very much a "if we can't get it we will just go without it" person, so I'm not too worried about that, and I normally buy the important presents early enough that I *should* be ok and have plenty of time to source them. I'm glad you brought it up though as its made me realise I'm not being silly buying early
Yes , I think it’s just something to keep in mind when our kids start asking for really random things haha !!

Anybody else's kids lost interest in toys? DD1 (soon to be 10) and DD2 (6) have said they don't want toys. DD1 would rather have clothes.

My oldest (9.5) has said she doesn't want many toys this year. I expected it tbh but my younger 2 (6.5 and 5) are still very much into them :)

My older two were over toys at a really young age. Ds1 was all about gaming, and ds2 was all about sport. Luckily ds3 (11) and ds4 (almost 8) still love their toys and I'm going to make the most of it haha

I pre-ordered the other new Christmasaurus book today, there's the one that follows on from the other 2 books that I got for ds4, and there's one that's the first story but aimed at younger children, that I got for ds5. Both are currently pre-order at half price on amazon.
I also put a bunch of other things in my basket and I'm trying to decide whether to order now or hold off.

My younger 2 (2&5 ) they are obviously very much into toys !
DD1 she is now 8 1/2 and she still likes toys/games but we did notice last year she wanted more older things too ! She was hard to buy for last year and I am assuming will be worse this year !

DD2 has already repeatedly asked for a barbie campervan !

My kids never play with toys
I really begrudge buying more

I think oldest is going to get a laptop and desk (he’s going to comp in September so will need it)
And probably not much else maybe clothes and trainers, smellies set and couple of small bits. I’ve already picked him up 2 pop figures.
Youngest is going to be the hardest as he’s not at an age to appreciate clothes/trainers but also doesn’t really play with toys either.

3 more gifts ordered. I think I'll only need 1 ot 2 things for ds1s book box now and the box/basket/wrap. I should really concentrate on birthdays for a bit now haha

Ds was difficult to get for last year at 10, this year I think it'll be a nightmare! He's done with toys, doesn't play sport, has no interest in cloths or trainers!! I'm waiting hoping he comes up with something. The girls are fine, teenagers always have lists of things and appreciate money, Ds isn't even interested in cash!

DD1 is adamant she wants Demi pointe shoes . It’s all she has talked about ! Trouble is she has never been to a ballet class ! I wouldn’t have a clue about these shoes or how to even learn her to dance in them ! I’ve seen a lovely pair of silk pink ballet shoes I may say she needs those first …

Why couldn’t she just pick something gymnastic seeing how she goes to a gymnastics academy

DD1 is adamant she wants Demi pointe shoes . It’s all she has talked about ! Trouble is she has never been to a ballet class ! I wouldn’t have a clue about these shoes or how to even learn her to dance in them ! I’ve seen a lovely pair of silk pink ballet shoes I may say she needs those first …

Why couldn’t she just pick something gymnastic seeing how she goes to a gymnastics academy

Oh dear, that's a difficult one, pointe shoes can cause a lot of damage to toes and feet even for people who are trained to use them. I'm also not sure when you'd usually be allowed to start wearing them in a ballet class, I remember there being concen about girls who were young and still growing, in case it effect them, when I was young you needed to be in your early teens.
The pink satin ones sound lovely, I hope she will compromise, maybe get her a leotard and tootoo as well?
If you do a search you might find a local dance class, I know some of them can be super competitive but you may have a fun one near by. Good luck.

Oh dear, that's a difficult one, pointe shoes can cause a lot of damage to toes and feet even for people who are trained to use them. I'm also not sure when you'd usually be allowed to start wearing them in a ballet class, I remember there being concen about girls who were young and still growing, in case it effect them, when I was young you needed to be in your early teens.
The pink satin ones sound lovely, I hope she will compromise, maybe get her a leotard and tootoo as well?
If you do a search you might find a local dance class, I know some of them can be super competitive but you may have a fun one near by. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply ! I’ve actually just been reading about damage to the feet because of these shoes !! She’s only 8 too (9 in Feb) . She absolutely loves dancing . I’m just going to have to tell her a little white lie . I don’t want to risk any damage to her feet or a broken ankle !

The dance companies in my area take part in a lot of competitions which I wasn’t keen on !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->