Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

Ooo just found the new Christmasaurus book for pre-order on amazon, half price! So ordered that as I had been planning for get it for ds4 anyway

Your list of activities has just made me feel so emotional and excited. I feel like we missed out on all of this last year.

On another note, does anyone use a really good Christmas lists app? I didn’t love the one from last year
I feel exactly the same ! I do feel like the kids missed out but then we did other things we don’t usually do Xmas Eve boxes for example . The kids loved them so will be carrying that on !!

I am so excited for Xmas !!

I was looking around the shops in town today for Xmas ideas hahah

That list of activities sounds fab!

I have youngests birthday in September but pretty much done for that just need to get him a headset and maybe a switch game then will make a proper start on Christmas.
All done and sorted for back to school thankfully made good use of (thanks to Covid) pretty much unworn hand me downs for both kids which saved a fortune especially for oldest whos secondary school requires logo everything at a ridiculous price.

I hate that when schools need everything logo. We are quite luckily it's only blazer and PE stuff that has to be logo and then obviously the tie. I managed to get the majority of the school stuff but still have shoes to do and the other little bits like replenishing stationary.
I need to sort out a space in my room for hiding presents :haha:

I hate that when schools need everything logo. We are quite luckily it's only blazer and PE stuff that has to be logo and then obviously the tie. I managed to get the majority of the school stuff but still have shoes to do and the other little bits like replenishing stationary.
I need to sort out a space in my room for hiding presents :haha:
The jumpers alone are £17.99
Pe joggers £20
Eye watering amount!

i always struggle for present hiding space until I get the tree and decorations out.

My DD is still primary age so not too bad. Just need PE top and 2 new cardigans which will be around £30. Other than that it will all be supermarket stuff, and then shoes.

I've bought my first couple of bits this week and they're driving around in the boot of my car with me at the moment as no where to keep them. Need to figure it out though because I don't like them in there.

I agree @leoniebabey with regards to the uniforms ! I’ve got a few things my girls didn’t wear or look brand new still . I’m not tight either but I want them to get their wear out first ! Not buying for the sake of it !

I’ve not even made a start hopefully trip into town next week and get it all at once ! Shoes , coats the lot urgh hahah !

I have 2 birthdays next month , 2 also in October . None in November and December I have DD2s and 7 others :shock:

I’ve decided all the kids presents this year are being stored at my parents spare bedroom and hopefully I can wrap there too! This will prob be DD1s last year (she’s 9 in Feb) boooo !! And I don’t want any unusual black bags around just add to the suspicion not that she’s doubted anything so far she fully believes still !

I agree @leoniebabey with regards to the uniforms ! I’ve got a few things my girls didn’t wear or look brand new still . I’m not tight either but I want them to get their wear out first ! Not buying for the sake of it !

I’ve not even made a start hopefully trip into town next week and get it all at once ! Shoes , coats the lot urgh hahah !

I have 2 birthdays next month , 2 also in October . None in November and December I have DD2s and 7 others :shock:

I’ve decided all the kids presents this year are being stored at my parents spare bedroom and hopefully I can wrap there too! This will prob be DD1s last year (she’s 9 in Feb) boooo !! And I don’t want any unusual black bags around just add to the suspicion not that she’s doubted anything so far she fully believes still !

Sounds like us, so many birthdays etc crammed in to the end of the year.
Aww I hope it isn't your daughters last year believing. I'm wondering if ds4 and ds3 might stop at the same time. Ds4 is 8 in October and SO nosey and questions everything. Every single package that comes in to the house he wants to know what is in there and for it to be opened immediately. I'm trying to avoid doing that for the most part even when it's just something dull like socks so he doesn't find it suspicious when I won't let him look in parcels at Christmas.

Sounds like us, so many birthdays etc crammed in to the end of the year.
Aww I hope it isn't your daughters last year believing. I'm wondering if ds4 and ds3 might stop at the same time. Ds4 is 8 in October and SO nosey and questions everything. Every single package that comes in to the house he wants to know what is in there and for it to be opened immediately. I'm trying to avoid doing that for the most part even when it's just something dull like socks so he doesn't find it suspicious when I won't let him look in parcels at Christmas.

Oh gosh, he is nosey hahaha !
DD1 just hasn’t questioned a thing yet . I usually say the bags are for DD2s birthday but you just never know ! So I’m playing it safe this year !

I used to say they were for next door until he learnt to read and recognise our address :haha: I'll get away with the birthday excuse until October, then I can say it's for Christmas for a couple of bits but won't get away with it too often as I'd have to say every single box was his and he'd be expecting a ceiling high pile Christmas morning :haha:

I just ordered Ds5 some Paddington bear pjs for Christmas eve and some Paddington shoes in the next size up because I can't resist Paddington. If I see matching Christmas pjs before hand then I'll get them and just move the Paddington ones to his other list rather than Christmas eve, but I struggle to find matching in all the sizes. Last year they only went up to 13 year olds and there were no adults ones. Sometimes they go up to age 10 then straight to adult small, which would fall off ds3 but he's too tall for age 10, so I've already given up on that idea for the moment.

I just bought myself some elf on the shelf pajama bottoms and an elf on the shelf shirt for DS. I'm excited for the elf return!

I noticed Peacocks had Christmas jumpers this week, and also had a Boo Hoo ad on Facebook with Christmas jumpers.
I've pre-ordered my own advent calendar too, wax melts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->