Anyone else trying for baby #3?!?

I pretty much sat and read this entire thread the other day. So o just have to catch up on the last few pages. :)

DH and I are trying for baby number 3. Well, baby number 5 really as we've had late losses, but take home baby 3. I've been hoping and praying for a baby for the last 4 years while he's been (mostly) pulling out. Well this year he decided that we can NTNP so here I am! He's NTNP - I'm TTC, lol! It's very difficult to NTNP when you know your cycles inside out like I do! Lol!

Nice to meet you all! I feel like I kinda know you already :)

Hello and welcome :flower:

Sorry to hear of your losses :hugs:

It's great you know your cycles so well.

Hello everyone!

A big congrats to all who have gotten their :bfp: and :dust: to those who are trying!

I've been following this thread for a while but have finally decided to post. Hubby and I are working on baby #3. As with sausages it is technically baby #5 for us because we've had two previous back-to-back losses.

I had hints that something wasn't right after the birth of my son. For one thing, he was born a few weeks premature with no obvious cause. I had heavy periods with lots of clotting (sorry, tmi) after having him and always felt run-down because my iron would drop really low from all the bleeding. After multiple blood tests and PAP screenings it was discovered that I had a uterine infection which my midwife believes may have been the reason for my losses. I had to be put on three rounds of antibiotics to clear it up. Apparently I had it for a long time, possibly from when I was pregnant with my son.

I admit I didn't get on BAB much after losing my last baby. I couldn't even look at a pregnancy site, much less write on one. I even had to block the posts from friends on FB that were having babies to keep from crying. After much heartache, we have decided that we are ready to start trying again. I am nervous but excited. I pray that we will end up with more earth babies than angel babies. Hoping to catch our rainbow this month :flower:

:hugs: welcome, sorry you've gone through this, I'm glad you came back on B&B there is so much support here.

Hello.

I've been dipping in reading the posts for a while now whilst Waiting to make the decision but we have now & ttc this month. Don't think ive ovulated yet as have long cycles 36-38 days & short lp of 11/12 day.

Fingers crossed for anyone waiting on their bfp x

Aah. I somehow lost this thread and look what I missed?!! Congratulations alaricsmum and bbennett. So thrilled for you both!!

Dinosaur so glad you at least know where you are now. I'm at cd36...not even a hint of AF. Bfn on cd 32 and 34. Will probably test in two days if no
AF as longest cycle (since ds2) has been 38 days.

Hello.

I've been dipping in reading the posts for a while now whilst Waiting to make the decision but we have now & ttc this month. Don't think ive ovulated yet as have long cycles 36-38 days & short lp of 11/12 day.

Hello & welcome, have you tried vitamin B6? It can help lengthen your LP.

Aah. I somehow lost this thread and look what I missed?!! Congratulations alaricsmum and bbennett. So thrilled for you both!!

Dinosaur so glad you at least know where you are now. I'm at cd36...not even a hint of AF. Bfn on cd 32 and 34. Will probably test in two days if no
AF as longest cycle (since ds2) has been 38 days.

Glad you found us again :)

When did you ovulate Berri or are you not sure?

I'm CD27 today, STILL getting ovulation pains, that's almost all cycle now! Strange body!

I won't test until I pass my 'suspected' AF date though.

Hello.

Hello & welcome, have you tried vitamin B6? It can help lengthen your LP.

Thanks for the welcome! I haven't yet I've heard of that helping so if no luck will give it a go next month. I've not had problems conceiving previously so fingers crossed.

When r u due for testing?

AF is due around Tue/Wed so will wait and see, I don't test early.

Although not spotting like I normally do so trying not to get my hopes up!

Did it take long with your other pregnancies?

AF is due around Tue/Wed so will wait and see, I don't test early.

Although not spotting like I normally do so trying not to get my hopes up!

Did it take long with your other pregnancies?

Oh good luck sounds promising 😄.

2nd cycle with ds1 & ds2 was kind of a surprise with only dtd once the whole month!

Fingers crossed it's your month, how long have you been ttc ?

Wow just once that's great!

We're on our 15th cycle. Hoping it's not going to be 16!!

Here's hoping that 16th cycle doesn't happen then!

How long did it take with your first two pregnancies?

We were holding off ttc but said it could take a while & could be waiting for nothing, trying to plan the perfect time probably isn't going to work.

Sending lots of :dust: this month.

I have no idea when I ovulated... it's been a really weird cycle with a lot of EWCM (about a week), some spotting around the middle (cd18-23ish) and more EWCM. Tested this morning, BFN. I have no idea what's going on. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant though as the last time we dtd was cd17... it's awful when you realise how long its been but probably even worse that it takes for me writing it down to notice :shrug:

Anyway, hoping AF shows so at least I can move on!

Here's hoping that 16th cycle doesn't happen then!

How long did it take with your first two pregnancies?

We were holding off ttc but said it could take a while & could be waiting for nothing, trying to plan the perfect time probably isn't going to work.

Sending lots of :dust: this month.

Thank you me too!

Took us 9 months with both, and that was NTNP, so this one is baffling me!

I agree, we thought the same and look at us now, we keep making plans but then we have to think of 'What if we have a newborn?'

:dust: to you

I have no idea when I ovulated... it's been a really weird cycle with a lot of EWCM (about a week), some spotting around the middle (cd18-23ish) and more EWCM. Tested this morning, BFN. I have no idea what's going on. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant though as the last time we dtd was cd17... it's awful when you realise how long its been but probably even worse that it takes for me writing it down to notice :shrug:

Anyway, hoping AF shows so at least I can move on!

Could that of been ovulation spotting? Do you normally spot? It's awful been stuck in limbo, :dust:

Still stuck in limbo. Never had O spotting before... actually never had a cycle like this before. The length yes (thanks PCOS) but the EWCM and the spotting were totally new.

I am hopeful that AF is on her way... was an absolute raging cow this morning (unusual for me). I feel so bad, I was having a hard time getting car seat to fit in the car (at 6am) and I screamed at my 3yo for no good reason. When I finally calmed down he told me I had made him sad.... of course i had to drop him at daycare after that so I'm counting the hours until I can give both boys a big snuggle!

CarlyP 15 is my lucky number so I'm hoping it works for you too :D

Any other news ladies?

:dust:

Thanks Berri! You too!

Don't worry about getting frustrated, we all do it :hugs:

BFN for me this morning, don't think I'll test tomorrow, LP is longer now though :shrug:

CD 26 for me still haven't had a pos opk yet! So either longer cycle or I've missed my surge!

So not really sure where I am this month.

CarlyP hope your bfp comes in the next few days

CarlyP, sorry about your BFN. I hope you see lines in the next few days if AF is late. :)

Mummy1506, do you usually have longer cycles? I used to have longish ones. My second DD was conceived with an O on CD28. Weirdly after my last baby they just became shorter and my LP increased by a day.

I'm just twiddling my thumbs until AF has buggered off and it's time to start with the OPKs. I didn't do them last month, but I will this time. I just need to remember!! May have a slight problem this cycle as DH is on nights around O time. I'll have to get creative... Not such a problem when there's no kids, but hard to have morning sex when DS comes bouncing in our room before 6am! Ha ha!

Sausages yes my cycles are typically 36-38 days with longer ones thrown in every now & then (I put those down to stress delaying things tho) my lp I think is about 12 days so it's a pretty long wait when ttc!

Good luck this cycle! :dust: ttc does become harder once you already have children that are up at crack of dawn! Ha ha

That's what my cycles were like too! They were 35+ days long with an 11 day LP and O sometime between CD20 - CD28! It was awful having to wait so long. I think mine was stress too cause i would get a few patches of fertile CM starting from a reasonable time in my cycle until I finally kicked out an egg.

Thanks for the luck. :D I ave just looked at DH's shift and he gets in early from his last night shift that week so I might just have to leave a note with instructions to wake me. ;)

Hello everyone! :flower: I've been stalking this thread for a while :blush: and keeping up on what's been going on with you all. Congrats on all the BFP's, btw!

DH & I aren't currently TTC for #3, but we are leaning more towards it. We have 2 DD's now (6 years & almost 2)... We always kind of thought we'd be done with 2 but now I'm feeling very broody and really feel like I want to have another. I feel so sad to think of never having any more children...DH was against it at first but has now started making passing comments about having another baby. There's some things we need to do before we can have another baby (I'd like to figure out how I can become a SAHM). How did you all decide you wanted to start TTC for #3? Having 1 & 2 were easy decisions for me but deciding on #3 seems harder.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->