Anyone else with a gender preference?

With DS I knew the second I looked at my positive test that he was my boy that we wanted so bad. This one, I have a strong feeling it's a girl, but I can't really get a good feel on it so I'm expecting a boy, and hoping for a girl. I won't be disappointed if I'm having another boy because I believe DS would love a little brother, but I really really want my girl. I do have two more chances after this one though. 😜 (we plan on four children)

I had a girl first, I knew she was a girl (way before finding out) but I wanted a boy. And it did have some connection to not enjoying my pregnancy. But since she's been here I regret thinking them thoughts and so glad she is who she is and I can do all girly things with her.

This time round I don't seem to be that phased by any particular gender. I'd be happy with either. It'd be easier with a girl because everything is there ready but with a boy it's the cliché traditional family and well I wanted a boy to begin with. DD can't make up her mind if she wants a brother or sister.

We were both leaning girl, and I had a feeling we were having a girl. Surprise, he's a boy! And I'm super excited anyway, after a couple hours of major surprise. It's natural to have a preference, or to just imagine your baby a certain way in the months leading up to finding out (especially if you're not a fan of calling the baby "it").

We had a girl name for years, but we settled on a boy name a couple days before our gender scan, and it made a huge difference for me, knowing that name was there (especially because we'd had some boy name arguments and I wasn't looking forward to more of them). It was hard to imagine a generic baby boy, but it's easy to imagine Baby Theodore, you know? Shopping helps, too - we went out after the ultrasound and bought some very cute little boy things :)

I would say, if you find yourself focused one way, try to think of all the positives of the other sex. For us, it means we'll have a boy close in age to my nephew so they can be friends, we'll be more likely to get gender appropriate hand me downs, and I'll get a little mama's boy hopefully. And if we have a daughter later, she'll have a wonderful big brother just like I do. For a second baby, I figure if it's a boy, it's a friend for Teddy and we'll likely have boy stuff already, and if it's a girl, we get to experience both sexes, so we can't lose.

I already have girl (13), Boy (10), Girl (8), Boy (3) so if the trend continues and the Chinese predictor is accurate I'm having a girl. I REALLY do not have a preference this time....but I did with #1 and #2. I felt so much pressure from society to have a boy and a girl and then we could stop....according to society. Well....we did have our girl and boy and then after that I didn't get the same comments from people. Its totally normal to be afraid of being disappointed in not getting the gender you had hoped for.....some people don't necessarily know how to relate to the other gender. Example: if you were a kid in a home of 9 girls....all you;ve ever known is girls and a boy just may seem foreign. The goods news....I've NEVER seen anyones gender disappointment go past the moment they stared in to their childs eye for the first time. :thumbup::flower:

We have a boy... and money wise another would be great as we have all the boy clothes and toys. Also siblings of the same gender would be good for playing together.

BUT... I don't really mind. My best friend is over due... she has a boy same age as mine. If she has a girl I might feel like I would prefer a girl.

To be honest I'm a bit hormonal while pregnant so I probably sway from preferring one to the other lol

I really wanted a boy for my first - stems from my own issues with my mom. We had a girl. It was important for me to find out during the pregnancy because I didn't want any sadness to cloud the birth. I was sad when I found out, and really glad I had the chance to feel that and be sad, and sort of say goodbye to what I (thought I) wanted.

I agree with an earlier poster, no gender preference really lasts past the first moment you see your baby.

I really want a girl, but I have 3 boys already so I am already set on this one being a boy too. :lol:

I have two boys so a girl would be lovely but I'm so used to boys....it would be a total shock! Either way, I'm so happy to have this little miracle!

I wanted a girl sooo bad with my first, I almost cried at the ultrasound when I was told a boy...I was disappointed even up to delivery. But as soon as I saw my baby boy instant love and I wouldn't change my little guy for anything!!

now same story for this pg. I want a girl soooo bad...so I have my boy and my girl. And I want a girl for more than just the pink, bows, and dresses...even though I would love that....I want to have a daughter to have a relationship with later on. My mom and I have such a great relationship and would love that with a daughter too...not that its guarantee that would happen...but at least there's a chance! Im already once again concerned ill cry at the ultrasound if its another boy. And I already feel sooooo guilty! I feel guilty I felt that with landon and cant imagine not having him....so I know it will be the same way if it is another boy...but cant hide the fact I want a girl.

I know what you mean. I think about that too, the things you could do when they're older. I too have a great relationship with my mum and would love to have that with a daughter. Time will tell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->