Anyone ever been pregnant but had a negative hpt till really late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've confused people with this progesterone test thing. I know that a day 21 progesterone test couldnt tell me if i was pregnant if it indeed, was day 21 of my cycle, and the bleed I had was a period.

However, if it wasnt (maybe a decidual bleed??) and Im on like...cycle day 50ish and awaiting the bfp, then I hope the progesterone would be high enough for them to question it.

NotNic - thanks I dont suppose you have any info on the levels used in the uk? I seem to be getting conflicting info so confusng!! what is a normal level for after ov?

good luck xpatchx thanks for telling me about your friend!

Thanks ladies xx

I've found my sheet, but it doesn't have progesterone levels on there, so may be I was getting confused with my LH level. :shrug: My LH level was 7.6 and the range for that is 1.5 - 8.6.

I had my EDD given to me today, so according to that date I was apparently just 3DPO, however I think that's a couple of days off. I was also tested for FSH and that came back as 4.2. Normal UK ranges are 2.5 - 12.5.

Sorry that's probably not too helpful. Either way go to the GP. I was reassured by my numbers.

I had my last AF in August, when I missed it in Sept. I started taking HPT, but they all came out negative. So, I went and had a blood test, but it was still negative. I had the same feeling you did, I just felt different. I was always tired, nauseous, my boobs ached.. but the doctor insisted I wasn't pregnant.
She took more tests to see why I wasn't having AF(by now I was late for Oct. too), and still feeling bad.. but they all came back normal. A few days before my doctors appt. where she was going to put me on a pill to force me to have AF, my mom told me to take just one more HPT, just to see. And bam there was my BFP.
3 HPT's and 1 Doctors test later, she gave me an EDD of June 28th, 2012...which would make me a few days pregnant at the time... I'm pretty sure I've been pregnant longer than she thinks. A lot longer. But, we will see Wed.! If you haven't had a blood test yet, go get one. Some peoples levels just come up later.. 7 tests told me I wasn't(including a blood test).. But, a week and a half later 4 told me I was.

Josephine3- You need to update us with your outcome. I would love there to be some hope.

Normal day 21 Progesterone for UK should be between 60-100

Sorry I thought I would just share this information because it is the only thing that does give me the tiniest bit of hope because of my PCOS.

https://www.steadyhealth.com/PCOS_and_Pregnancy_Tests_t72710.html

This link is just a small forum about women with PCOS and receiving their BFP's after their period was 2+ weeks late. It is helpful to me because I am in the similar situation but I am just waiting our for my real period or BFP.

Josephine3- You need to update us with your outcome. I would love there to be some hope.

Normal day 21 Progesterone for UK should be between 60-100

Oooh thank you so much for finally clearing that up for me!!! great stuff...

I am gonna keep this thread to check back on for all these levels that have been given!!

Anyone in this situation just google 'pregnant but test says negative' and you will find loooaadddds of responses!!! Many you never find out the outcome, some are pregnant, some arent but it does give you hope when everyone thinks you're crazy!!

Don't worry we don't think you are crazy, you just want to be pregnant and we can all sympathize.

found great site online - I know its the american levels again but look, great info... and it could be possible for some normal people to still be getting negatives on 25 and still be in the normal hcg range!!

It says:
Hormones
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels can have quite a bit of variance at this point. Anything from 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml is considered normal at 5 weeks. Once the levels have reached at least 2000, some type of development is expected to be seen in the uterus using high resolution vaginal ultrasound. If using a transabdominal ultrasound, some type of development should be seen when the hCG level has reached 3600 mIU/ml. Although development may be seen earlier, these levels provide a guide of when something is expected to be seen.

Progesterone levels also can have quite a variance at this stage of pregnancy. They can range from 9-47ng/ml in the first trimester, with an average of 12-20ng/ml in the first 5-6 weeks of pregnancy.

With both hCG levels and progesterone levels, it is not the single value that can predict a healthy pregnancy outcome. It is more important to evaluate two different values to see if the numbers are increasing. Levels of hCG should be increasing by at least 60 % every 2-3 days, but ideally doubling every 48-72 hours. Progesterone levels rise much differently than hCG levels, with an average of 1-3ng/ml every couple days until they reach their peak for that trimester. In situations when there is a concern of an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage, hCG levels will often start out normal, but will not show a significant increase or will stop rising all together, and progesterone levels will be low from the beginning.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm if you're interested in the full article!

found great site online - I know its the american levels again but look, great info... and it could be possible for some normal people to still be getting negatives on 25 and still be in the normal hcg range!!

It says:
Hormones
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels can have quite a bit of variance at this point. Anything from 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml is considered normal at 5 weeks. Once the levels have reached at least 2000, some type of development is expected to be seen in the uterus using high resolution vaginal ultrasound. If using a transabdominal ultrasound, some type of development should be seen when the hCG level has reached 3600 mIU/ml. Although development may be seen earlier, these levels provide a guide of when something is expected to be seen.

Progesterone levels also can have quite a variance at this stage of pregnancy. They can range from 9-47ng/ml in the first trimester, with an average of 12-20ng/ml in the first 5-6 weeks of pregnancy.

With both hCG levels and progesterone levels, it is not the single value that can predict a healthy pregnancy outcome. It is more important to evaluate two different values to see if the numbers are increasing. Levels of hCG should be increasing by at least 60 % every 2-3 days, but ideally doubling every 48-72 hours. Progesterone levels rise much differently than hCG levels, with an average of 1-3ng/ml every couple days until they reach their peak for that trimester. In situations when there is a concern of an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage, hCG levels will often start out normal, but will not show a significant increase or will stop rising all together, and progesterone levels will be low from the beginning.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm if you're interested in the full article!

Well Josephine? Any news?? :dust:

Well... I think I am starting to get faint positive!! This is my test from fri morning I am going to retest tomorrow... doesnt show great in the pic but in real life I see pink!

This best be it cos I feel like poo.. such a terrible cold and sore throat, clogged up, nose bleeds when I blow it. :(

Attachments

• midopen3.jpg
    midopen3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 92
  • midopen2.jpg
    midopen2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 79
  • midopen.jpg
    midopen.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 77
I hope you get it Josephine3. Its soo annoying to think youre pregnant and yet no BFP. I'm 15dpo, 1 day late (I think my 26 day cycle is however turning into 28), BFN cramps on and off and now a tiny and I mean tiny bit of brown cm. Urgh!! The frustration- AF is prob going to be here within the next couple days !

Thanks cooch, good luck to you ! What do think to the test pics?

Sorry the pics are too blurry for me to tell, but good luck! Hope it gets darker :)

I think I see a tiny line on one of the pictures but I can't tell if there is color. Anyway what dpo are you based on your last period?

Hey Josephine, just thought I would check and see how it was coming along? I think I see something on those tests but not sure, did you test again yet today? If so put them up!!

I see a line on each one :) good luck I really hope this is it for you xxx

Hi thanks for the check-ups ladies!! Im testing again in the morning with a frer...

I've found some more info out just that I was led to be an unrelated post about the 'hook effect' where the levels eventually get too high to be detected. Im still going with they are too low I think at the mo but check it out:
https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/7968-false-negatives-caused-hook-effect.html

just a girl its been ages since my ov date.. i did have a bleed around the time of my period but it was really light and short and iv experienced symptoms since then. I would be about 34 dpo!! I realise most people would have gotten definite lines by then but after searching online there are so many people who have ended up pregnant with negative tests..and they were made to feel crazy by doctors! Im hoping it doesnt go this far and I can present my doctor with a nice positive test by the end of this week..!!

Thanks for sticking around! :dust:

wow 34 dpo? It's probably highly unlikely that that bleeding you had wasn't a period, but it IS definitely a possibility that you have become pregnant SINCE that bleed! If so you would probably be pulling up a positive soon. Have you had sex since the last bleed you had? Maybe this will be your cycle!!

Nope no sex since the day i believe I concieved.. I thought it unlikely too till I looked it up! google 'the hook effect' or 'pregnant but tests says negative' I still accept maybe I am crazy (it has been said lol..) but there's a possibility im not - or maybe I have something else wrong cos my belly is swollen..
We shall see!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back