• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone gave birth in Woolwich???

Ah no slept quite crappy last night... Kept turning, and when Jay got up at 6.30 I went to the loo and couldn't get back to sleep... Decided after an hour of trying to watch our boy on the dvd... and then just hung around in bed watching tv, fell asleep again for about half hour or so around 10.30.

Was crying my eyes out again when I came back from mw.... I'm just putting it down to being tired and hormones...
Mw adviced me to get a birthing ball and bounce, bounce, bounce!! She swears by it apparently...
Looked into castor oil aswell, but read about some side-effects... like BAD cramps and baby can poo in uterus apparently, which is not good...
After a while I read up on baby only being 2/5 engaged at 39 weeks, and people apparently have gone into labour without being more engaged... even with first babies.... So I've calmed down now and not given up on my duedate yet... Fingers crossed Jay is right about him coming on sunday :p
He's gonna ask his mate to see if his wife has got a birthing/exercise ball so I can bounce.

Lucas is being a little bugger tonight, was laying on my side and he started poking feet out, hurting me, but I'll be ok!!
I'm hoping that the cramping I usually get before going no2 are a good sign... and I seem to go more often aswell..... Ah well TMI ;)

How are you doing anyway???
Done anything good today?? Having anything nice for dinner??
Jay's cooking these chicken fillets with cheese wrapped in ham tonight... with some gnocchi and salad :) yummy!!! Oh and four cheese sauce :)
Any plans for tonight???

Glad you are feeling better hun! I am sure the hormones are key to feeling weepy and tired. I thought the level of engagement is not necessarily an indicator of how long babba will be. I hope the ball works- I think they are dirt cheap in Argos if you cant get one off Jay's friend. I think they are under a tenner. I have one and am using it to bounce and turn baby from Breech, release lower back pain and altogether all round more comfy than the couch!

I had MW today- still measuring small. What a joke! Babba looks transverse rather than breech. I tried some Acupressure points last night that I read where know to help move baby around. I wonder if they worked :shrug: MW said pee had some trace protein and leucocytes so they have sent that off to be tested. THe bloods from yesterday have come bak the same as the ones on thursday so I reckon the MW are confusing my bloods! I will call again tomorrow and see if they really are the same!

FINALLY got my HiP grant filled in and signed by MW so need to post that. I went to see my Aunt who lives between here and Woolwich. She pampered me this evening and made a curry and some roti so I dont have to cook tonight. Waiting for DH to come home now. I am geting more and more tired these days.

Feeling hormonal-well actually angry at my useless MIL and want to rant and scream at her. I cant be bothered to write what a complete incompetent, illiterate, demented fool she is. Suffice to say all her family say the same and both her sons (DH and his bro) cant really be bothered with her. She is evil and that is me being polite. I heard today she has made some comments, towards me and about my mother and yet the 2 faced BITCH has been getting pally with my mum! I am fuming to say the least but trying to stay calm about how to deal with this. Right now I just want to cuss her and throw her out of our lives (but I am sure that is hormones) I dont want her anywhere near me or my baby and feel stupid for having tried to make and effort with her! :twisted:
I could write and epic on her but will stop! I hope that has at least taken your mind off things for a moment :)

DH home around 7.30 so just on EE watch and possibly catching up on the phone with my cousin if she calls me. I have no minutes left :Shy:
Jay sounds like a right chef. let me know how it goes and tastes!

minimin x

yeah feeling a bit better :) Glad to have read that baby doesn't necissarily has to be fully engaged before going into labour!
And that dinner was lovely!! Made me feel a bit better aswell :)
Got a bit of a headache at the moment, probably cause I'm tired....
But I'll be ok later on!! Got myself lots of munchies when I got back from the mw cause I felt crap :p Got some maltesers, a bag of fizzy coke bottles (sweeties) and a bag of fizzy cherries (sweeties) and a bar of milkybar - white chocolate and a capri-sun drink... Ate the milkybar and drunk the capri-sun though :p haha :blush:

At least if baby is transverse she's starting to turn right?! And probably easier to turn the right way if they need to do it or she can do it herself.. just make sure you stay upright a lot.... and maybe sit forward on the sofa instead of leaning back and maybe on all fours....
Do you know what leucocytes are??? I think I've heard of em before, but not sure what it is and why you'd have a trace of them in your wee.... I had a trace of protein a couple times in a row, couple of weeks ago, but mw didn't really say anything about it!

Are you still allowed to get your HiP grant??? Cause it's2011 now.. but I guess you were 25 weeks before weren't you??
Just like the Surestart one, they've changed the rules for that aswell.... I think second time mums don't get it anymore.... and that... But not sure...

Feel bad for you that you have such a bitchy MIL.... I'm sooo glad I like mine and she likes me.... We just asked my parents in law when they want us to call them when things are happening.... Basically when I'm in hospital and things have been confirmed, and then they'll start making their way up here.... Anyway, back to your MIL... she doesn't sound very nice.... especially if her own kids don't even bother with her.... But maybe that's why she is like she is....

So not much on for you tonight then??
Just watched EE aswell.. now switched to BBC3, watching 'snog marry avoid', then 'hotter than my daughter' and then 'sun, sex and suspicious parents' - if that's still on.... It's funny cause kids go on holiday with their mates for the first time and their parents follow them and get to watch everything they do :p haha...

ha ha those programs are funny. I watched a couple of them when I was in the US too. I liked Cheaters. A man would go follow someone suspected of cheating- get video evidence and then catch the pair out with camera's and everything. Not really nice thing to happen to someone but it was good entertaining!

good on the treats! I dont see why you cant have double that after the last few days. I hope the headache resides. though I am willing to bet it is hormones and stress of things that is causing it.

I think I can get the HiP grant as I was 25 weeks before their cut off date. They wont take new claims in now. I dont get the SSMaternity one and I am waiting on the maternity allowance claim I put in last week. The shitheads had me on hold for ages today so I had to hang up as I had MW appointment. The position isnt too worrying as yet but I hope she does turn and I can try for normal birth. Though the end of this pregnancy has been ANYTHING but normal I would like to avoid a C if I can :)

Leucocytes are a type of white blood cell which has a role in fighting infection. The increased levels in urine indicate their may be an infection and they need to check me as I have leaking fluid and cant risk infection getting to babba. I will ask about it tomorrow and call the Fetal assessment unit again.

You are so lucky your MIL is nice. Mine is evil from before so even the kids have had to give up on her. If the whole of her family and extended family think she is Wacked then it cant be right. She isnt normal at all!

Feel better about it now anyway- I spoke to my cousin and we were laughing at her. Better than being angry at her.

Anyway- quick question about rashes- I have noticed since Snday a red rash on the backs of my hands, up my wrist and forearm and my ankles. Small red raised bumps. Sometimes not too red. They have started to itch a little in the evening but mostly nothing. There are a few coming up on my abdomen too. Did you get something like this? Or have you heard of this? Perhaps why my Leucocytes are high?
I am off to google it!

eeek Scary! A woman on a thread I asked about low fluid and stuff is being C- section tomorrow. She is also 34 weeks! I hope she is ok and babba will be fine but has me worried about my situation! :nervous:

Hope you sleep well hun. I better sign off. I have to leave the house at 10 tomorrow morning to get to sidcup for this scan. I'll catch you when I get back
xx

Morning!! :)

I'm up early-ish today... woke up at 9.30 - which is quite early for me... wasn't too happy to see the clock haha ;)
Done some washing up - with a bottle brush, cause we ran out of sponges... So gotta get some today.. bottle brush is totally knackered now, so had to throw it away (don't worry it's not the baby bottle brush :p)
Just waiting for Jay to come home.... he should be on sports afternoon today... which means he'll get half the day off so he can work on his fitness, so he'll probably come home, then go to the gym, but he should still be home early again!! And then we'll probably go downtown together.

You doing anything today, apart from your scan in sidcup?? How did that go anyway??
I remember now about the leucocytes, that they're white bloodcells!! Didn't know that might mean you've got an infection though! How did you find out you were leaking amniotic fluid btw?? It scares me a bit that that can go on without you really knowing, cause what if I'm leaking it and don't know about it? You never know what'll happen.....

Did you find anything on google about the rash?? I've had some little red spots on my bump before, but don't have them anymore.... Dunno what they were though.... nothing special I think! But you better look it up or maybe ask your mw.

Hey you!
Hope you had a productive day! I can imagine 9.30 being early for you :) I hope you managed to get a nap in. I came back from my scan and fell asleep. I have been trying not to nap during the day but had to get some zzzzz in.

The scan has come back showing she hasnt grown and the consultant doing the scan has recommened to my regular consultant at QE to get a C- section done in 7-10 days time. I have an appointment with her on Friday so I guess we will discuss all this then. I could be going to surgery Friday at the earliest or she could be here next Friday at the latest. The most recent scan shows she is 3lb 8oz so only a 2oz gain from last Wednesday. Effectively not growing. Also blood flow is reduced to the 5th percentile to the brain and she is breech, so I think accumalatively her staying put will not be good.

I am scared and worried as she will be so tiny and I cant do anything to help her! I wish she was just one pound bigger I would feel so much better. Her lungs could be fully developed. from what I understand they can do a amniocentecis to check otherwise give me some steroids and that should help her. The doppler consultant today said she will probably get one week of IC to check she is breathing and feeding ok and be home. I am so scared!
Off to look/and post on other threads! Hope you are ok hun! and keep me posted on how you are doing. Any signs of Lucas coming- when are you going to see MW next?

Hehe took me till 3pm to go out - on my own :( - and I went a bit crazy... I went downtown to pick up an exercise ball and some sponges.....
Got back with: a valentinesday card for Jay, and a monkey teddy - for valentinesday (cause I call him my little monkey :p), 4 iced donuts from Greggs, beers for Jay, Pombear crisps, sponges, washing up brushes, pack of mentos, chocolate bars and an exercise ball :p Think that's it :p haha
Took the bus back though.... :) Oh I also ordered an Oyster card today, so should be getting that within the next 2 days or so... Not entirely sure how it works though....

Do you know how long you should bounce on the ball every day to actually get a result???

Ah I'm really horrible... first thing I thought when I read your story was: NOOOO.. you're not allowed to have your baby before me!! :blush: Sorry!!! :blush:
Sure you'd rather have her stay in there for a couple more weeks to grow properly... But then again if she isn't growing I guess it's better to get her out and feed her so she will start growing!!
She'll be so tiny though when she comes out!!
At least you're 10 weeks past the 24 weeks stage, so she should be fine outside :) But I can imagine you're really worried and will be still even when she's out....

No real sign of Lucas yet, bounced for a bit on my ball straight away when I inflated it, only for like 2 minutes or something, but I did get some sort of cramps just now, and I had a couple before I even sat down aswell.... But might just be him being a little bugger.... or trying to go down further.
We're going to the hospital tour in a bit - Jay actually had a piss-up from work.... but he said he's not going cause he thinks this is more important.... I told him he could go, and we could always do the tour on sunday, but he doesn't wanna go to that works thing so he's coming with me :) He's so sweet :) Anyway, it starts at 6 so we'll be leaving here about 5.40 ish.... And we wanna ask the mw there some questions aswell, like whether being only 2/5 engaged means I'll probably go overdue or not... and might ask her about the bouncing on the ball aswell!
And we wanna ask her if we aren't supposed to be seeing the mw every week from now on.. cause my next appointment isn't till the 15th... though I'm due this monday (well mw goes off the 10th, so thursday). We'll see!!

I'm off now.. gonna eat my malteaster bunny :p (the chocolate bunny from maltesers :p) and have a drink before we go!

Yummy to all those goodies you got. Sounds like you shopped tons!
I think the birthing ball you can sit on for as long as you like- Some people use it as a couch rather than the couch as it is better for your back etc. I think about 15-20 minutes of bouncing is good. I hope it gets things moving for you.

Let me know how the tour goes this evening too. I should have done one but looks like I will just have to wing it! LOL.
Dont worry about thinking things- It is natural. Still more than likely you will have Lucas and take him home before me! I am hoping she can stay put until 35w but now worried about the reduced blood flow in the brain. :(

Jay is a honey! I think it is really sweet of him to cancel his party and come tonight. I hope he enjoys the beers you get him.

AFM- I am about to think of dinner- think I need something special tonight but dont know what I fancy.
Whats for dinner your side?

Hope the tour goes well xx

M

Just got back from the tour, feel a lot better about my mw appointment from yesterday, cause at the end of the tour we asked this mw about Lucas only being engaged 2/5 atm, and she said it doesn't really matter, doesn't necessarilly (dunno how to spell that ;)) mean he's gonna be late. And I told her that mw told me to make an appointment for 2 weeks from now, though I'm due on monday... And she said, just make an appointment for next week... and told me to get one on wednesday so I'm seeing her instead of another one....
So tomorrow I'll call and make an appointment for wednesday, just in case he's not turned up yet... :) Hopefully I won't need it!

It seems really weird but it feels like that ball is already working, cause I've been having a bit more cramp like feelings, just a bit uncomfortable really... Lucas was going crazy at the hospital, kept poking feet out and that!! atm got a bit of a back pain - though I don't like using the word pain now, as I know this is nothing compared to what's to come ;)
Just hope things'll get started soon!

What does your OH think about the test results today?? Is he worried?? Or did you not tell him yet?!
I bet you're really worried, I would be - though I don't think you need to be worried, cause they'll take good care of you, now and when you do have her!!
So just try to relax....
I'll be thinking of you!! And you can always message me :)

Doing something special for dinner tonight eh?! Jay was gonna cook lasagne but he can't really be bothered anymore, so we're making fish and chips (from freezer). Jay's wants to get into certain habbits for when baby is here... like washing up straight after dinner (as we don't usually do that) and just keeping the kitchen tidy and that... cause it's easier when the boy is here :p

Are you doing anything special tonight??
Oh btw, you're planning on giving birth at QE aswell right?? What you can do is call the hospital (I think delivery suite) and ask when they got their next hospital tour, cause they do them every sunday.....(I think anyway).... So you can still get your tour...
But if not, when you get in just go upstairs then straight to the left as you go through the double doors (for womens services) is the corridor to delivery suite, where you have to ring the bell and they should let you in and just follow the corridor, make a right at the end and you'll see the reception where you need to 'check in'.

Ahhh cool- I think I know where you mean. I am getting some of my consultants and fetal assessment at the womens service bit I think!

Hoep you enjoyed your Fish and Chips. I had a jacket potatoe with Cottage cheese, chives and onions. I wasnt particularly hungry and then loved it when I had one bite full Lol.

Dh is being a dick. When I told him what the consultant had said he made a comment about how work was going mad and now this. TBH- I cant be bothered with him- he came home at 8.20 and was in a foul mood. I got a few phonecalls and so just came up to take them. He was in a foul foul mood and I asked what was wrong and he said "alot on at work and now having a baby next week"....hmm sorry but I thought I WAS HAVING THE BABY! He was being such a wet drab I came up LOL.

Then been on the phone to several people and by the time I finished he has gone into the spare room where I am leaving him! He wont be able to hide out there for much long as it will be babba's room! LOL :)

I may go for the tour this Sunday if we are not admitted in earlier. I am glad they are getting you to see a MW this Wednesday. I will be in there too... how weird. Anyway... you will be over your due date by then right? so you may be considering induction?

The ball is meant to be amazing- I would use it as much as you can hun. Cramps and 'pains' are all good signs. Though not comfortable! I hope your lil man makes his appearance soon! I shall send lots of healthy baby vibes to you!

I am worried and tense but there is nothing I can do but make sure I stay calm- better for her right. It is almost all out of my hands. All I can focus on is what I can do- eg push for Breast feeding even though she may be in an incubateor, make sure care after birth for her and me is good and we can both heal and recover well. I am not looking forward to being unmobile for a while. I hope I heal well and I hope she hasnt got many probs with breathing.

Praying and meditation I think!

So how was the tour- did you learn/see anything interesting?

Fish and chips was lovely.... We also had one of the iced donuts I got from greggs after :p haha... And I wanted more, but I couldn't be bothered to get up and walk to the kitchen :blush: and then we went to bed...
We :sex: but nothing happened after... bit of a backache for a while, but nothing... and this morning still nothing... :( Ah well, bouncing on my ball it will be then! :p
I think I'll do about 15 minutes at a time, cause I can't manage much longer than that, as the ball is quite low (and my legs quite long) and my back starts hurting aswell (but high up, so not like cramping or anything).

Your hubby sounds awesome.... NOT :dohh: He would seriously annoy me, I'd be like: uhm... aren't you supposed to CARE about your baby, and be happy she'll be here soon?! He should get some time off work anyway when you have the baby right?? (Or do they just do that in the army?)
Speaking of which... Jay has been put on a driving course on the 14th, which he can't go to as he's supposed to have 10 days/2 weeks paternity leave when I give birth. And they told him: oh well, you either won't get it then, or you'll have to split it up....But he won't be allowed to drive anyway cause he won't be getting enough sleep....so they won't let him drive, so there's no point at all in him going there!! :dohh: But he talked to someone about that and they agreed with him, so hopefully he's gonna get out of that...

Anyway, did your OH sleep in the spare room???

I tried to call the mw but I couldn't get through... seemed like the number was wrong, but I'll call again later today. I will be overdue, according to my scan, but for some reason the mw here goes off the 10th, dunno why.... And hopefully I won't need the appointment, but at least it's better than going again on the 15th when I'll be 41+1 (or 40+5 according to them).
I might try and get a sweep or something, and we might discuss induction, or get one booked just in case he doesn't come by himself, but Jay and I would REALLY like to avoid induction, so I would make sure it gets booked on or close to my 42 weeks....

When is your next appointment??? And will you then find out when you'll get induced if nothing changes?? Or is it already certain that you will get induced??

What are you upto today??

Oh btw, you said you'll be there aswell on wednesday, but I don't go to QE for mw, I go to st marks med centre. ;)

Ok right, I'm off to go and bounce on my ball for a bit :p

Bouncy bouncy! Hope it is working! Did they have different sized balls there? I thought they ones at the gym are different sized so there maybe an option.

Been busy this morning- washing bed stuff and last lot of blankets for babba. Also had to order a few preemie clothes and bottles to feed incase I cant get her on boob...sucky! I want to breast feed but I dont know what will happen.

DH is being a KNOB! He isnt coming with me tomorrow- says if they say I have to go in tomorrow for C section he will come otherwise he has too much to do to just come to consultant- if that is ok with me!!!!!! :evil:

Am I being too clingy to think the one appointment he should be there for is the one where a decision is made? He seems to think the consultants opinion is gospel and he has no input. I would have thought he wanted to put some opinion into it. TBH- I cant fight him and think about what I have to do and the baby so I am not rising to him. Dont worry I wont forget he has been a complete arse through this and I will not rely on him for anything if I can help it. It is quite clear how he thinks.

I have to see the consultant tomorrow morning 9.40 who will go over my notes. Check the results we have had from dopplers, scans and CTG's and then make a decision as to whether she will put me in for early C- section. I think, from what I understand, she can say to wait - but seeing as the doppler specialist has 'suggested' C section in 7-10 days I am not sure she will decline that suggestion. I am not sure how it works. I will ask about more monitoring- ie some scans on say Monday and Wednesday next week and CTG on Tuesday and then decide. That will be 7 days from when the doppler specialist saw me. I am hoping by then she may have grown and little more and we can get a few more ounces on her.

I agree with you on not getting induced. It is a bit confusing with your dates isnt it. I think they just go by what is on your record though. Sorry last nights :sex: didnt bring anything on. Lucas is being a stubborn lil boy heh.

Am hankering for a Greggs' cheese and onion pastie now you talked about that place! LOL. But I am too lazy to walk to our local one- we have a down hill walk but a steep hill back up! I am being really lazy today and in bed all morning! I should go bounce on my ball too- see if I can turn her- maybe they will consider an induction rather than a C-section. arrrgggh I dont know which is worse :(

Hope your having a good day!

You're not being too clingy... You should just tell him to come to the appointment.... Cause it's important and he should be there! Whether he likes it or not!! Even if it's just to support you!
I think it's a good idea to see what they say tomorrow and see if you can get a couple more days to see whether she grows a bit more - make sure you let them know you want what's best for baby, but you would like to keep her in to grow more if that's possible. But obviously if they say there's no benefit in her staying in there, just go with what they say!
Bet it's really hard to decide what to do!! :shrug: Good thing the doctors/consultants know what's best so they can advice you properly on what to do :) Though it's still your own decision, as they can't pressure you into something you don't want.

Yeah my dates are a bit confusing.... I don't get why they are using the 10th as my duedate, as the mw at antenatal said they go off the scandate....and the scan said 7th.
Both my scan and LMP makes my duedate the 7th, so I don't get why they changed it. As my mw in Canterbury also went off the 7th (she started on the 9th, but then changed it to the 7th, after the scan and recalculating from the LMP).But then I came here and they changed it.... it's weird!!

If she is still breech they might consider turning her and then inducing, but I guess that's a bit of a hassle... but then again they try not to do c-sections if they don't NEED to...cause it's better for you and obviously there's more complications possible with c-sections.... Cause they're routine surgery's but not uncomplicated.... I don't think it's ever better to cut someone open if there's other options.... :p
Really hope you can keep her in a bit longer :) And hopefully she'll grow a bit more!!

Thanks hun! Hope your day is going well. Back ache a little so I am going to surf the net (some more) with my packet of salt and vinegar hula hoops! Yipeeee!!!! I am thinking of what to have for dinner already!!!
Hows your day going?

My day is quite boring... as usual....
Getting some heartburn :S Thought that was supposed to get less when baby starts engaging... ah well!!
Just sitting here playing a game, watching jeremy kyle and eating chocolate.
Gonna bounce on my ball for another 15 minutes or so later on.

We're having lasagne tonight.... Already know we're having sausage & mash tomorrow.... Jay has it all planned out... he seems to think I can't cook anymore :p haha... No he just wants to start getting used to cooking all the time and stuff... Just like the washing up straight after dinner, like I mentioned yesterday... He's starting to get ready for baby now :p
Hopefully he'll be right and we'll have little Lucas this weekend.... I don't think I've EVER wanted him to be right :p haha... I'm always telling him that I'm always right :p And rubbing it in whenever I am right again :p :haha:

Hee hee.. A womans perogative to be right all the time..even when she isnt! LOL.
Lasagne sounds nice. I am jealous Jay can cook!
Hope your choccies were tasty! I seem to have finished my packet of hula hoops too quickly!

Been looking at Girl names again- I have a list and have just gone through it to see the ones I really like. DH has an odd name here and there but I cant be leaving it up to him!

Want to take a nap too but the later in the afternoon it gets the more I dont want to spoil my night sleep. The thing is I dont sleep well anyway at night.

Have you taken anything for your heartburn. I have just started taking 2 tablets a day- mine are also bad. I hope it goes away- stretch your arms up above your head whne you are bounching on your ball- that lengthens your torso and helps reduce the symptoms of Heartburn!

Better get going- baby dancing on my bladder and I'm drinking water like a fish today :)
Enjoy your dinner...and I hope Jay is right and the wee one is making his appearance this weekend :)

Hehe just been bouncing on my ball again... but I found that it's better to sit on it and just rock my pelvis forward and backwards... so sort of rolling the ball back and forth - but keeping your feet in the same place.... Dunno what it does exactly but it feels like that works more than bouncing.. and is less tiring aswell :p haha Fingers crossed it will actually have an effect and make that little bugger come out soon!! :p

Not sure what to do now though...bit bored... Jay won't be home for another hour at least, cause they decided to do some sort of meetings on thursday afternoons.... Normally he'd be walking through the door right about now....

I can imagine you're jealous that Jay can cook, can't imagine having to cook my own dinner all the time... I just wouldn't bother half the time I think... or I'd eat crap :p I'm glad I've got him to help me out :) And I bet he'll be great when the LO is here.... I'll have to come up with something nice to say thank you to him :)

How's your day been??? Has the little girl been moving at all??
Do you also dream about giving birth or going into labour at night?? I usually do....and I keep waking up and then nothing's happening :(
So I'm not getting the best sleep either, but I guess I'm doing alright!

Hope you have a nice evening... And hope your OH is gonna be in a bit better mood tonight than he was last night.....

Thanks hun! DH has an appointment with his Physio so is on his way home now. I managed to watch this DVD on breast feeding that one counsellor at my GP gave me. Have you got it? I think the NHS is pushing for women to BF and giving out these DVD's. Useful for me as it talks about bonding with the baby when you've had a C and BF when recovering from a C-section. I feel better as I should be able to try. Hope she is strong enough to suckle though.

Washing all done and bag for hospital repacked to include the fact I will be in a few nights rather than just the one. Also some goodies to eat and separated baby stuff into another bag so all her stuff is just one bag. ATM- newborn stuff in there just in case but the preemie stuff should be here tomorrow.

Just watching BBC1 and it is grossing me out- people eating roasted spiders eerrrgghh!
Anyway! I think rocking back and forth is also good for you so keep going girl! I have not had any dreams about giving birth. I did have a dream earlier this week of a girl who was very pretty about 3-4 years old in a white dress. She was so smart! I think she was my daughter! hee hee! But I'm not sure why she was older and it had nothing to do with giving birth!

I hear it is common for women to dream of giving birth to animals and stuff. How weird! I would be freaked out by that!

DH will get a shock when little one is here as he will get no attention LOL. I know I wont be bothered about eating too. ATM- I am making meals and thinking of things to try- he eats meat so I offer to make those dishes too. I like cooking so I enjoy trying new things but things will change once she is here. He will realise how much he was spoilt with lots of home made cooking. Today I made spag bol with quorn mince, green salad and potato salad. I made enough that some of the sauce if left over I can put on a jacket spud tomorrow and have that for my lunch- with some nice cheese on top!!

I think I will have to stock up like you did! LOL My fridge is looking bare. But once lil one is here I doubt I will be cooking extravagant stuff so I will not get too much in this weekend.

Does Lucas like you bouncing or rocking on the ball. Little girl has been wriggling through out the day- and taking naps- I am more vigilant on her ATM- so keep an eye out when I think I havent felt her for a bit. I am doing that at night too so I am not sleeping too good. :(

Did I mention I called the hospital about the rash- some of it on my ankles is really red and itch and the ones on the back of my hands have moved to my inner wrists and up my forearm! They said they will look tomorrow. It could be something called cholesterosis but normally the itch is on the palm and feet soles without small raised bumps :shrug: Anyway the lady I spoke to wasnt really concerned and said they would look tomorrow.

Well I hope you had a good evening and your dinner was tasty! :) Sounds like DH has just got back- wonder what mood he is in.........

Hehe it's funny about BF, cause they do give out those dvd's (not watched mine yet) but the midwives say they're not allowed to tell you to breastfeed or encourage you to do so.... They have to let you choose and aren't allowed to 'judge' you if you want to bottlefeed instead.
Though they are sort of encouraging through all the posters and dvds and stuff :p
I think it's good though... it's much healthier... Like the mw at antenatal said: we're the only mammals that don't always feed our babies ourselves....
I think your little one should be fine to suckle though... and you can always express, so she'll still get your milk.... They have breastpumps at the hospital aswell.... And sterilisers aswell, so as long as you take a couple of bottles you should be fine...

Are you taking a bigger bag to hospital now?? Or can you fit everything in???
The preemie stuff is gonna be soooo cute, cause it'll be soooo small :)

I just had another bounce for 10 minutes before dinner came out the oven...
Though during dinner I was really uncomfortable, getting some sort of stabbing pain at the top of my bump.... and LO was going crazy, which wasn't comfi at all.... And at some point I even got this stabbing/shock pain in my bum (so probably my cervix).
Had another 2 of them after dinner..... But they don't last long enough to be contractions I don't think....cause they were literally stabbing pains that last a second or so and then they're gone again....
Not sure what's going on now though.... I got this weird feeling down there.... it feels a bit like I'm farting, like little bubbles coming out (bit of a vibrating feeling) but I'm not actually farting :p Don't worry ;)
But I really do hope this is the start of something....
Jay said maybe they're BH, but they aren't supposed to hurt right???

Keep your fingers crossed for me please!! (i'll keep you updated).

You didn't tell me about the phonecall to the hospital.... You're not lactose intolerant or something like that are you??? Cause that can cause a rash.... Or any other allergies... Or maybe it's some sort of effect cause of the worrying/stress??
I'm sure it's nothing to rush into hospital for... So it should be fine if they look at it tomorrow....

Hope your OH is in a better mood tonight?! :)
I'm gonna post something on the feb babies thread, to see if anyone else has had these sensations I've just had.... Seems to have calmed down now though, but you never know, might come back later.... Was horrible though - made me clench the sofa.... And it felt like the pains did when we had that (possible) mc....
Ok I'm off!!

oooh i wonder if that is something starting. Did you get anything back on the Feb thread. I am sure BH arent painful to begin with but by your stage they could be. Could it be the cervix opening or something. Are you getting any discharge? not sure about the 'farting' but maybe that is something to do with the cervix opening.eekk how exciting! Jay could be spot on and this is the start of something!!

Thanks for the info on breast pumps and sterilisers- I have that as a question to ask tomorrow morning to the consultant. I have ordered the preemie bottles and they take 2oz so they are tiny! but i bet they look huge next to preemie babies :( Like you said it will be nice if i can get her to suckle and BF. Some women on one thread I put out have said their little ones at 34w were home 4-5 days later. I hope I am in for around 3-4 after a C- section so I dont have to go home without her. I would be so upset if I do! Alternatively if she can not feed off me I plan to hand pump at least something to help her. The first 'milk' is so important for her so I want her to have that!

Been googling what a C- section entails and I am not too scared. Don't like the idea of staples in my tummy though:( and I wonder if they can tummy tuck a bit and get rid of some of my fat whilst they are there LMAO :haha:

DH is in a good mood this evening. Apparently he wasnt peed off last night- hmm maybe I got the wrong end of the stick but he sure acted weird. Whatever huh :shrug:

We sorted out a few more things my SIL brought over at the weekend. Baby pods, high chair and food steamer! (yeah i know) and stuck them in the loft. Made a bit of room in babba's room.

I made a separate bag for baby- used a nappy changing bag for her most of her things. A suitcase for me and about 2-3 days worth of lounge gear. Could add more maternity pads, nappies etc but may get DH to bring things as and when as those take up so much room!

right enough gabbering.. Hope you have a good evneing and I hope we have some more information by the time you read this in the morning. I'll keep you posted and you do the same and let me know how you are doing.

TC Minimin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"