• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone gave birth in Woolwich???

I would love to hear it hun! I met DH when I was in Baltimore and he was still in London.I came home to visit family :)

Yoga is cool- I am sure you are ok if you have done the wii stuff. I did some of that too earlier in the year. My sister took the console back again :(

Early Feb! How exciting- I think I maybe able to help you with some Yoga then :)
Still havent heard back form Crook Log- I didnt see a number I could call either. I may have to pop in if they dont get back to me. their website did mention there was work being done on the main pool or something :Shrug:

How are you this morning. I have to go and sign on :( Not sure they will be giving me anything as I left my last job voluntarily :( But have to sign on until they make a decision. I get to mix with the delights of woolwich!
Speak soon xx

Well, here goes ;) I won 2nd prize in a small talent contest (there were only about 10 maybe 15 people there) and the prize was 2 tickets for blue man group (not sure if you know them). So I went to see blue man group in Amsterdam, with my best friend. It finished quite early so we thought, why not go out for a couple of drinks. But we'd never really been to Amsterdam (not enough to know our way around there anyway) so we asked some blokes that were coming our way....well that was my husband and his 2 friends, they obviously didn't understand what we said (cause it was in dutch) but I asked in English, cause they wanted to know what we said and so we went out with them, cause they knew where they were going.... And well then a couple of months later me and my husband started chatting on MSN and I bet you can imagine how it goes on from that....
It was really weird to see him first time again though, cause we were together, but only seen each other once and weren't too sure what to do, hug or kiss, or just say hello :p haha... .

So mean of your sister to take the wii-console back!! ;) At least you know how to do yoga without it ;)

What did you mean about you having to sign on this morning????

Aww such a nice story-Though I have to say I have not heard of the Blue Man Group. So I assume you are not from Amsterdam then??

I am not working at the moment and have applied to get some money from the government whilst I am job searching. They take ages to assess your claim and can of course reject it, but in the meantime I have to sign on every two weeks which involves meeting them at the Job Center and giving them an update on what I have been doing job wise :)

I cant wait to get to 15-16 weeks. I will be taking classes for pregnancy though as I have no experience of what is safe and with my history do not want to take risks!

Do you want a girl or a boy :) I want a boy as I never had an elder brother and think it would be cool to have a boy as the eldest. Of course, healthy any baby is a given :) I dont think I can tell what I am carrying. I know some women say they have an idea.
How about you?

haha unlike what most people think, there's more to Holland then Amsterdam haha ;) So no I'm not from Amsterdam. :)

Oh yeah I figured that's what you meant when I asked... :p I tried that before, but I couldn't get it, as my husband works/earns too much to get income based jsa and I have never paid national insurance - since I never had a proper job in the UK, apart from being an au-pair but I got paid in hand - so I can't get any contribution based either.
It's so confusing though with everything you can or can't claim for when you're pregnant.. cause people say: oh you can claim for this, and then I look it up on direct gov and it says we can't get it cause my husband earns too much or something... it's really annoying. But we got some advice from one of my husbands mates (who's also in the army, has kids and his wife works aswell so they're in a better situation then we are, so what they claimed we should be able to get aswell).

I know what you mean about not taking risks.. I used to go to the gym everyday before I got pregnant, but I don't go anymore, I know you're allowed and it's good to exercise when pregnant, but I'm just scared I'll hurt the baby, or something goes wrong.

We are hoping for a girl, but like you said it doesn't really matter as long as he/she is healthy. And I'm sure that once I know what he/she is I'll be happy either way! I reckon it's a girl, but that might just be cause I'm hoping for a girl.
My mother in law would like us to have a girl aswell, as my husbands sister has got 2 boys, so this would be her first granddaughter.... and she says she's spoil her rotten haha, so that would be good for us in a way ;)
Have you got a lot of stuff for your baby yet??

What was your duedate again?

For some reason I read this thread as 'has anyone given birth woolworths'... EVERYTIME I pop in second tri LOL!

Happygail! LOL :haha: It is easy to do :) How are you chickka? Congrats on your little Man!!

Eltjuh! How cute if you do have a girl. I bet your MIL will be fantastic. Mine is an old hag and I shall be keeping her away as much as possible. Thats a long story for ya. Unfortunately she lives down the road from us with his sister :( as does DH's bro and wife (crap SIL) + lil girl- all a waste of space!

My brother and his wife (nice SIL) have my neice and nephew who are both under three. When I was in Baltimore I did tons of baby shopping for the first. She has kept all their stuff for me- LOL- great as she got tons for boy/girl so I wont have to shop for either.
Things I will have to get is a baby cot- as she is still using hers- travel cot- as I am sure I will be heading to my mum's alot. No help for me in Woolwich! Car seat and maybe a pram- though I think there is one my nice SIL has but cant remember if it is uitable for new babies.
How about you- Have you been shopping. I guess as you are a little bit more into 2nd tri you can... I am waiting until 18 weeks or so before I get anything.

Been looking at cots- my god so expensive! Wish DH could make it- but he is bone ass lazy :(

As for help with money- I asked yesterday and I have to wait until I am 11 weeks before due date before I can get anything- and that has to be assessed then. I still havent got anything yet for now so I am not holding my breathe. I started my application and submitted it on Aug10 so I cant imagine I will hear anything for ages- They really are crap- quick to take money off you but so long to 'assess' whether they will give you any.

So are you trained as an Au Pair? Maybe you can get some local work around here or something?

No... I'm not trained as an au-pair. It was just the easiest job to get when I was thinking about moving to the UK (as my husband was gonna be stationed in the UK for 2 years at the time). Cause you get to live with the family, so you don't have to worry about a house or food or anything like that. They had a car for me, to drive the kids around, but I could also use it whenever I wanted and I got 70 pounds a week and 20 pounds a week for petrol, which was plenty, and I could basically spend all of the 70 pounds a week on myself, cause like I said I didn't have to pay for anything else, which was good.

I wouldn't want to be an au-pair again, cause au-pair actually live with the family, but something like a babysitter or something would be nice.

As for the claims, you should be able to claim 190 pound at 20/22 weeks. It's the health in pregnancy grant. But after that I think you do have to wait till 11 weeks before due date.

So how come you've got crappy in-laws then?? Mine are awesome, I'm really happy with them!! And luckily they're happy with me, my husbands ex girlfriends always cheated on him, he was engaged once before and she cheated on him 4 weeks before the wedding, but his mother didn't like her in the first place, cause she just KNOWS when people are nice or good for him or not. And she knew straight away that I was good for Jay (my husband) and that she'd be happy if we'd get married :) So here we are! :)

We bought a couple of things for the baby, but most of what we have was given to us. Cause my SIL had 2 boys and she's given us LOADS of clothes (mostly bodysuits) and a moses basket and a cot, a high chair and a bouncy chair. And my MIL bought us a pram/travel system. All we bought ourselves is a mobile, some t-shirts, a pair of socks (yeah just 1 :p haha) some nappies (with the vouchers you get in the bounty pack) a dummy and 2 books. That's about it.
My dad is making a changer for us :) Hopefully we'll get that in October, cause my parents will be over in the UK then :) Think that's about all we have at the moment, but it's quite a bit, so that's good!
We're gonna buy a tommee tippee steriliser set with a breastpump and lots of bottles and that from amazon for 60 quid, which is quite cheap! As for clothes we won't really be buying too much, cause most people will give you clothes when you've had your baby - especially newborn clothes, and they'll grow out of it very quickly aswell.

Anyways, I've gotta go, cause we gotta go to Woolwich in a bit to look at the house....

For cots, you should have a look on kiddicare.com You can get a cot with mattress and bedding for 83 quid. I'd personally buy a cotbed if I would get to pick one myself (but we've already got a cot from my SIL), cause you can use that later on aswell if the baby is big enough to go in a 'real' bed.

But yeah, have a look on kiddicare.com or maybe ebay, but people do say it's better to buy a new one, kiddicare has only got new stuff though, so that's good!!

thanks for that Elt.. will look on Kiddiecare.com now. Hope the house in Woolwich is nice- let me know how that gets on. I have to get into town to have my haircut at two today so hopefully today will whizz by.
I'll post stories about my MIL- my FIL passed away about 10 years ago- I hadnt met DH then.
MIL is a wack job- she thinks I as a wife should be living with her and tending to her- She is old fashioned, senile and delerious! eg. When we first got married I was working and had to pass her house to get to mine from the station. She would wait looking out the window to see what time I got home- to make sure I could cook for her son- like her daughter can cook. She is also Indian and has that old thing that wives should cook and clean for her hubby etc- the thing is- She has daughter who does Jack Shit!
She tries to tell me how to cook- and I had to cut her down and tell her she cant and neither can her daughter so she had no right to tell me.

Thats the first of many stories. She really is a busy body and has pissed everyone in their family off since her Husband passed away. They all live around here and not one of them has called us since we have been married. They dont bother with her and unfortunately the kids (DH, his sis and bro) have been shunned too. BUT- MIL will still say I have to invite the family over and cook etc- Like F I will!! They are really really backward- I dont know if you know anything about old Indian family crap. She would have me cooking and cleaning for her, earning money and giving it to her and basically ruling me as a slave if she could. Lucky I dont tolerate that and I can and am not afraid to tell her where to go and better still DH makes sure I have limited contact with her even though she is down the road!
I am sure more infuriating stories will come to mind. We have decided not to tell her anything until 18 weeks as she is such a busy body- DH doesnt want her stressing me out :)

hope woolwich house is nice! Cant wait to hear your opinion of it :)

Haha, well she seems nice!! NOT!!! I don't get how people can be like that.... My husbands family is really complicated, and a bit of a mess aswell, but most part they get on. They just have one sister (the one with the 2 kids) that ain't really trustworthy and she doesn't know where her parents live and we don't talk to her about her parents - it's all cause she's in contact with her other sister (that nobody else in the family wants anything to do with). Like I said, it's complicated. May sound strange but I feel like a lot of English families are a bit messed up..... I don't really know anyone in Holland with a weird messed up family like that... haha.

My husband got told at work yesterday to take today off and go over to woolwich to look at the house before he signs the paperwork and agrees to taking the house (not that we have much choice as it's the only one available at the moment) but when we got there we couldn't really see anything, the front of the house doesn't have any windows, apart from the 2nd and 3rd floor) and the other side has a wall in front of it and we couldn't see in the house from over the wall cause it was too dark in the house.... So it was a bit pointless even going there, but I guess his boss should be happy now.
But it seems alright, although I'm really confused about the way the house is arranged, as in, people have their living rooms on the 2nd floor and that... it's confusing if you haven't been inside it. My husbands boss calls it and upside down house :p haha So I'm curious about seeing it from the inside, but we don't have a key yet so couldn't go in. We'll have to go over again on the 22nd, to 'march in' it's like an inspection of the house to see if there's anything wrong and write that down so when you move out they don't bill you for it (like in this house we had paint stains all over our carpets, but that's not our fault so we won't get the bill for it when we move out).
Anyway.... so I'm looking forward to the 22nd as we'll be moving then.. :)

Did you have a look on kiddicare??

Sounds like a weird house! I dont like the idea of it being 'upside' down. I guess you wont know how it all works until you get inside.When do you get a chance to do that? before the 22nd I hope.

My DH's family are wacked- I think it's just the indian people here. My mum is from North London near Wembley and not many have the same old fashioned view as this little witch!

Kiddicare is great. just saw a really nice cot but think it is too early to buy- shame as it is in the sale. I sent the link to DH :( just hope there is something as nice in a few months time.

So I am bricking scared about tomorrow. I dont know why but this morning I read a story on B and B about a poor lady who had some bad luck with her babba- and now I am scared. Also scared as I am 37 and higher risk of things like downs!

on the plus side- hairdresser was nice- I had a trim and kinda restyle- just cos my hair was a mess- and it isnt too bad looking.

Any plans for you this evening. How are you and bump?

No we won't get to go in until the 22nd. But it'll be ok, it seemed like they were painting today, getting it all ready for us.

Sounds like your in-laws are a bit weird indeed, if you don't mind me saying...
Guess you just shouldn't take any notice of her...

I reckon you should just get the cot to be honest... I'm sure you're baby will be fine!! And it's never too early to start putting some things together for the baby.

What time have you got your scan tomorrow??? I'm sure everything will be fine!!
I can't wait till ours!! Only 12 days to go :) Hopefully it'll go quick!!
Let me know how your scan went tomorrow!!! And post a nice pic :) see if we can guess the baby's sex.... unless you don't want to know, do you???

Me and 'bump' are fine, felt quite a few kicks today, I'm quite surprised about that as I usually only feel him/her move around once or twice a day, if that...... Don't really think I've got a bump yet, I think it's just bloat/fat, my husband thinks it's a bump though.... but I don't..... Can't wait to have a proper (big) bump and for my husband to feel the baby move, or us seeing it move, would be soooo awesome!! Bet you're excited about getting a bump and feeling the baby move.

My scan is at 11.20 tomorrow morning. I will be sure to post as soon as i get back. I wish I wasnt so scared :(

I cant wait- and dont believe I will ever get to feel those awesome kicks. Can you remember when you first felt them. I bet your DH is going to be ecstatic!

I think we will find out the gender if we can. Tomorrow wont be the one but like you said- I will post pic and we can obsess :)

I am sure the next 12 days will fly by :)
hope your evening is going well- are you doing anything fun?
Just waiting for DH to come home- dinner is ready (burritoes) and then I will be ready for bed! LOL- rock and roll Min :)

Will be on tomorrow morning too- eeeekkkk!

You'll be ok tomorrow :) Just relax and have fun watching your little one wiggle about....we call ours our little wiggly worm cause he/she was moving like crazy on our first scan! Is you DH coming to the scan??

I thought I first felt movement around 15 weeks, but I'm not too sure if that was it. I feel little kicks now every now and then, they came when I was about 16+5. So I'm sure you'll feel yours soon enough! Do you know where your placenta is?? I've got an anterior placenta and most people don't feel their baby as much or as early if they have an anterior placenta.
At first when I thought I felt the baby move it was a bit of a tickling feeling, but I read that it could've also been the skin stretching. But the kicks are quite defined. Do you ever feel your heart beat in your belly?? I can feel it most of the time and see it aswell, but sometimes it feels like I get one harder beat and it feels as if you could see my belly move (which you can't) and that's the baby kicking me.. it's awesome, especially the first couple of times. But I still love feeling it!!

I've been getting some cramps and pain today, but that's just round ligament pain according to everyone else on the internet, and it's not really bad either, so should be fine. (I always go by the rule, if there's no bleeding everything should be fine :))

Didn't do a lot tonight, just caught up with 2 of my dutch soaps, well one is american but it doesn't show in the UK and did in Holland - I always used to watch it there - and I watch them both on the internet now :)

haha I think the baby's ears are burning cause he/she is wiggling about a bit now :)

Anyways have fun at your scan tomorrow!! Looking forward to seeing a/some pictures and hear the story!!
I'm off to bed now!!

Morning hun!

I have a weird feeling sometimes on my left side that feels like a twist or turning. Some period like pains but no blood so good :)

I am terrified things will be wrong and babba will have stopped growing. I think I will have to get a doppler today. With my history- Ectopic and MC's I cant believe this is real :(

I can feel my own HB when I press my tummy area- try not to go too far down as I dont know what I am pressing. I will see if I can see a HB tonight :)

What are these soaps hun? I have been getting into good old Eastenders- which is of course complete and utter brain rot! But what can I say! I dont really watch too much telly either. DH loves it and spends so much time in front of it. We have had some serious rows about that. I find most stuff is crap and rotting your brain :( What I do watch are Cooking programs- I love them. Though I am a veggie, DH eats meat and I like to try new things. I am the cook in the house. DH can just about make some toast!

So my friend who is Dutch set up his nursery with these lovely bright bright coloured things. He said it was normal to have bright colours for baby clothing and bedding and paintings etc. Only in England we have such dull pale colours :) Are you going to be doing the same? :)

I hope you had a good evening and I will post as soon as I can. I have Acupuncture at 3pm so depending on what time our scan is done I may or may not have time to get home and update :(

Have a good day babe xxx

You'll be fine!! You're baby will be growing just fine.
You're not the only one who can't believe it's real.....I'm just like it. I still can't believe there's a real person in my belly.

My soaps are Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden (bet your Dutch friend knows it) - it means good times bad times - and as the world turns is the american one.
I also watch hollyoaks and eastenders every night :p I love watching tv, but I don't have a lot better to do when I'm alone at the house when hubby is at work. Apart from some cleaning of course... I need to do a massive load of washing up but really can't be bothered.... Might do it later. :p

My husband is the cook in the house, his food is lovely!!! He made me a lovely dish with salmon for my birthday last year, and he made it a couple of days ago aswell. I am not a good cook at all, I'm too impatient. I really don't like cooking.

Never really heard of that... that people in Holland use a lot of bright colours in nurseries and that....We've gone for Zeddy & Parsnip theme (from mama's and papa's) So quite neutral.
I made a nice miffy height chart for our little one aswell, just gotta mount it on some cardboard or something. Have a look on my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=78610&id=1151292799 that's the album with the baby pictures.

I'm so proud of myself, I just did the washing up :)
Took me about 25 minutes... I HATE doing the washing up.... cause we always leave it after dinner and then sometimes we let it build up :p

ha ha- you are like me- not really into housework- though I don't mind laundry and washing up. I hate Vacuuming and dusting. DH does vacuum and no-one does dusting- so we fight about it! LOL.
You're lucky DH cooks- I'd like for him to be able to make something for me but he cant. Just about deal with something in the oven or such. The Salmon thing sound rather fancy :)

Your Miffy height chart looks fantastic!! Did you make that yourself :)

Well the scan went well. Babba was moving about tons and apparently wasn't in the right position for him to take the Nuchal reading. he asked me to walk about a but as the babba was hiding behind my navel or something.
He said you cant tell by the measurement - though I have read you can- and he also said all this stuff about Nubs was crap. I asked about where the placenta was and he said they dont look... then about 10 mintues later showed me- I asked where it was and he ignored me. I was rather frustrated as I didnt get much answered by him!
They also did take my bloods and said that if it was high risk I would hear something by Tuesday otherwise they will send me the results in the post and that can take up to three weeks. I swear it would be quicker to walk over and pick them up myself!

Baby was waving and moving tons (i did have a glucoe drink before hand) they didnt measure HB and it looked like it had hiccups but the sonographer told me it was some nervous system thing?? huh???

here's babba....
IMG_1234.jpg

Faced forward :)
IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

all of a sudden I am so tired now :( But have to get ready to head out again to Acupuncture. Hope you have a nice day and catch you later on in the afternoon.

I gave bith to my second daughter there and I wouldnt again, BUT ! This is only my opinion. there is another hospital not that far away i would look into that one. I found this hospital very dirty and they actually started my off early and totally left me in a side room for a week! Then they forgot my dinners every day so I had to ask every day and on top of this they discharged my 3 hours after and I really wasnt well. Sorry to sound so misreble about this place, but i felt unsafe and neglected there. Shop about if you can! xxx

Not sure how they normally do it Eltjuh. I guess once you move and register with your GP they will tell you. I am not too far from QE but far enough that I can go to my GP who is much closer LOL :)
20 weeks!! eek not long to go now! When are you moving over? We should meet for a coffee or something in Woolwich!

We're moving on the 23rd. We're moving in on the army estate, woolwich common (so literally across the 'park' from QE haha).
I've never been there before though, won't see the house till the 22nd. But it should be fine - you don't really get a choice with army houses :p haha
Yeah only 2 weeks to go!!! Awesome!! Can't wait for my 20 week scan, I really really want to find out whether we're having a little boy or a little girl.... we're both hoping for a girl, but would ofcourse also be very happy with a boy!!

Did you enjoy your 13 week scan?? Was he/she moving about a lot?
When's your due date??

I alsolived there at the time with the army ! I know Woolwich common too! x

Hi Bubbles. Sorry you had a rough time there. When were you there? SOunds awful what you had to go through- did you get a chance to complain to someone?

And can you tell me the name of the other hospitals around here. I was told Kings may be one I can go to but the trek into the city is a long one- I dont know I want to be doing that in full labour :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->