Anyone gave birth in Woolwich???

Where is that in Woolwich? I will have to look that one up! I have never heard of Apeekaboo!

Job centre has my application on 'processing' has been since July. This happened last time and I had to wait almost three months to get anything. This afternoon a lady called to ask if I was pregnant- yes- thats what I put on my form. I had some problems with my NI- which I have told them about, spoken to HM revenue to sort out and the Job centre today told me about it.. like I didnt tell them. She was a bit dumb really :(

So what day is your scan in woolwich?

Hi Ladies, I am booked into QE too. Where did you read the bad reviews of the hospital? When I was first pregnant I tried to get some info on the Maternity Unit at the Hospital, but all I could find was that the Maternity Team there had won an award in 2009, so I was hopeful it wasn't too bad!

I have been to the hospital twice now, once to see a midwife for my 12 week appointment and then for my 20 week scan, (went private for my first scan). Both the midwife (Sandra) and Sonographer were nice - they took their time with me and explained everything and answered any questions that I had. The Sonographer also gave me more pics than I paid for.:thumbup:

I saw someone mention Charing Cross hospital which is in West London, too be honest I wouldn't fancy your chances of making it to the hospital in time to give birth, especially if you had to travel in rush hour traffic! Local hospitals are Queen Mary in Sidcup, (although I think this is due to close soon, if it hasn't already), and Lewisham. I have read really bad reviews on Lewisham in the past, with one woman saying she would rather have her baby in the street than ever go back there! However you might be interested to know that they have a brand new Birthing Centre which opened a few months ago and the reports on this are fab. You might want to consider this option if you are a low risk and are looking for a drug free birth. The only thing that puts me off is that if complications arose or I need hardcore drugs, (which is very likely in my case), then you would be transfer to the labour suite - the one which has had all the bad reviews.

Here's some info on it:

https://www.lewisham.nhs.uk/our_services/women__childrens__pathology/lewisham_birth_centre.aspx

BTW QE was quite encouraging about having a home birth. I was quite surprised as this is my first, so that might also be an option for you too.

Where is that in Woolwich? I will have to look that one up! I have never heard of Apeekaboo!

Job centre has my application on 'processing' has been since July. This happened last time and I had to wait almost three months to get anything. This afternoon a lady called to ask if I was pregnant- yes- thats what I put on my form. I had some problems with my NI- which I have told them about, spoken to HM revenue to sort out and the Job centre today told me about it.. like I didnt tell them. She was a bit dumb really :(

So what day is your scan in woolwich?

Apparently it's in Woolwich Arsenal??? I dunno exactly, supposed to get a letter on monday (at the new house, so hope if any decoraters are in they won't throw it out) and she said she was gonna send me an email... but I'll figure it out closer to the time. It's on saturday 16th of october.

Jobcentre is crap... I think anyway... I've just gotta go help my hubby with dinner.

Hey Tiny,

I read the reviews on the NHS website... https://www.nhs.uk/Services/Hospitals/PatientFeedback/DefaultView.aspx?pid=RYQ50&id=2229
I am still gonna go there as there has been someone else saying it's a good hospital. And like you said I wouldn't really wanna have to travel to far to the hospital and this hospital is sort of 'across the road' from where I'll be living from next friday.
And obviously I'll be going there for my midwife appointments so I'll be able to see what the hospital is like before hand.

I wouldn't really be comfortable with a homebirth to be honest, as it's my first aswell. I'm not sure why but it just doesn't feel right to me. But I might change my mind. It might be handy as I have been thinking about waterbirth and that way you can be sure there's a pool available - as you can rent your own.

Where do you live?? And when are you due???

Hi Tiny :wave:
I heard QE was ok too. Not sure I like my chances at Lewisham- though I like the idea of a birthing center. This is also my first so I dont know if I could do without the pain management option!

Eltjuh- I know where WA is- it is not far from the station. I found them and saw they do a Gender scan too!!! Maybe I will get my one done there in a few weeks!

Hope dinner was good- DH and my sis are late and I am angry- bloody hormones- Have a cheesy potatoe bake in the oven so I am sure my anger will subside soon!

Tiny- where abouts are you? I am in Plumstead- just near the station :)

Yeah dinner was lovely... was very full after - sausages & mash.... but funnily enough about an hour later I fancied maltesers so had to go to the shop to get some :p haha.... hormones ;)

Hope your dinner wasn't ruined... :p

Hey
No it wasn't ruined. I just ate on my own and came to bed. I had a phonecall that needs lots of catch up time so it was nice not to have anyone around.

Hope the Maltesers were nice. I have had to control my choco intake. I normally can leave chocolate but seem to love it these days :) as well as crisps, chips and coke- all the things I liked as a lil one that i know are bad for me..boo!

I thought about bangers and mash today too :) lol must be something in the air :)

Hope you sleep well and chat to you tomorrow :)
Night night :sleep:

Haha glad your dinner wasn't ruined.

I didn't like chocolate at all at the start of my pregnancy... I loved it before, but then I just went off it. But I'm all good again ;)

I've got a load of washing up to do today, but I really can't be bothered. I don't wanna do it!!!! :cry: haha

We had bangers & mash cause we have to empty the fridge... but then again we also have to empty the freezer before we're moving....

I dreamed that we had a little girl last night.... hopefully that's my intuition and hopefully it's right haha :p
We'll find out monday... I'm soooo excited!!! :D

When do you have your next appointment/scan??

Ahhh I bet Monday can not come around fast enough for you! I hear lots of women have premonitions about the gender! Lets hope, I have all my fingers crossed for you babe!
What time on Monday are you going in?

I am forever trying to clear out the fridge- We have so much crap in there- we have to have freezer days so I can get things cleared up. Think we may be heading for that tonight :)

Acu today at 3 so I am just whiling away half an hour and then off into town. We have a wedding tomorrow and are staying over the weekend so I shall be a bit quieter on BandB (hurrah i hear you say!)

Just tried on some dress' I have from 2007 and they still fit! Bumpage all nice and snug in there too. Kind of shows bump but most of the guests at the wedding know- ta big mouth DH! :wacko: I had to go through accessories etc and what I would wear the other days as we are taking a day trip to Windsor too. Havent been there in Years!!!

Still getting shite from Job seekers people- now some bollocks about me having to change my NI though HM revenue people have said there is no need. This woman who calls is really stupid! grrhhh :evil:

My next official appointment is on the 17th of Oct (20weeks). I may have a sneaky scan with my ectopic surgeon on the 15th (18 weeks). And I am holding out to get a Gender and reassurance well being one in two weeks time when I will be 16 weeks. The 16 week one would be private and I may go to the one in Woolwich Arsenal like you are :)

It would be good if I can stop being so bloody nervous about this pregnancy and just have the one on the 18th there they can reassure me and maybe tell us the Gender too :)

So what are you up today. I better get ready and head out- gotta come home cook and pack. DH wants to leave by 8am tomorrow :wacko:

:hug:

I was gonna reply yesterday, but my stupid laptop went weird and deleted half of what I had already typed... :S And I really couldn't be bothered to write the whole story again.

Yeah monday can't come round fast enough.. it's only on the other side of the weekend but it still seems ages, it goes soooo slow!! But then again I remember getting the date for this scan and thinking: omg that's soooo far away. And now it's here already. :D

Bet you're looking forward to 18th of october!!! You'll be having your scan 2 days after my 4d one then :) Only 4 weeks to go for the both of us... (well just over 4 weeks).
Don't you have a midwife appointment at 16 weeks?? I did, got my blood results back and had to pee in a cup again and listened to the baby's heartbeat (for the first time then).

What do you go to accupuncture for?? I always think it must be quite uncomfortable laying there with a load of needles in your face (and body?)
It just doesn't sound very nice....

And you... STOP being nervous!! ;) You'll be fine!!!! :D :D :D
Did you get a doppler in the end???

Well have fun at the wedding and in Windsor....
I'll be bored this weekend as my hubby has got some sort of toy-fair on (work :S) it's something to do with army toys, like tanks and guns and stuff... not sure what it is exactly but he'll be working both saturday and sunday :( But at least sunday is his last day of work for a while.
We got the scan on monday and then removals people will come over to give us some boxes and that. And then wednesday we gotta go to Woolwich and 'march in' and then friday we'll actually be moving. So it's gonna be quite busy, packing and cleaning and then unpacking again.....

I hope your weekend is flying by babe. I always find the last few days drag!
Roll on the next 4 weeks I say! :)
I called my midwife serviced and they told me they dont see me again until after my 20w scan unless something is wrong. I may call and ask them again if you reckon they will come over. I have to have my BP checked every so often by the doc/nurse at my GP but I wont be monitored for HB or anything. I didnt get a doppler as I dont want to worry myself. I just want beanie to get a move on and start wiggling so I can feel it.

Well I better make this a short one- we are off to Windsor. Nice day for a walk by the river and some pub loafing. DH has a stonking hangover :haha: I like being the smug one :)

Have a good weekend- even though DH isnt around. I hoep you get some chill time in. Sounds like the coming weekends will be busy for you
:hug:

Minimin xxxxx

Hey, today is going very slow.. Glad it's finally after 5 cause he's supposed to finish at 5. So I'm expecting him home anytime soon now :)

I've just been sitting around watching tv. And my husband downloaded some films that I wanted to watch so I've just finished watching sex and the city 2 :) was quite good. Though for some reason it's made me sad....it makes me wanna cry, but I don't know why... I had it a little while ago - I watched one of my programs in bed and Jay was asleep and he woke up cause I was crying, but I don't know why I was crying..... Stupid hormones!! :p
I also don't feel very pregnant at the moment either (the past couple of days) though I do feel the baby kick and wiggle away but it's just not there. But I'm sure it'll come back on monday :) It suddenly dawned on me the other day that it's not just an exciting scan though, it's also quite scary (as I saw someone on tv saying they found out their baby had something wrong with it's diaphragm and he/she died when it was 8 days old :() Anyway... I'm sure our babies will be fine (yours and mine that is, I'm glad I'm only having 1 haha)

Well I hope you have a good weekend in Windsor with your hubby. Enjoy the time alone you still have, before the baby is born......

I'll speak to you soon!!

Hey,
Not sure what time your scan was hun. Baby brain is really kicking in. I am thinking of you and cant wait to hear your news!!!! I know it is hard not to worry but you have got this far and I am sure babba will be waving at you!!!

SatC2 was ok- I went to see it when it came out as a tradition my sister and I do together. I think the sadness may be to do with hormones. I am so tired and exhausted. I have had a dull headache for the past few days which I think is related to the sinus problem that I have had since I got pregnant. I may head to the nurse this afternoon. I am feeling really sad too- and there is no real reason why? Hormones :evil:

I hope you and DH managed to get some together over the weekend. We went to Windsor- he has his friend from Singapore over so we all went there. He is also staying with us this week so DH is entertaining him. He has lots of stuff in our loft which they are clearing out :)

Well enough gassing- let me know your news as soon as you can. I am going to be on and off B and B today :)

Lots of love

Minimin

IT'S A LITTLE BOY!!! :D With a little willy :p
I'm really excited, eventhough it's not a girl I'm still really happy!! :) We went to mothercare straight after, to return the belly bands I bought the other day and get something for the baby, cause we agreed we could get something specifically boy or girl for the baby when we found out. It was a little sad that I wasn't 'allowed' to look at cute girl clothes, but we bought a cute little t-shirt saying: mummy's little monkey :D haha super cool and we bought him a little miffy rattle... :)

We also sent my MIL a text saying: we know what the baby is!!! So she called us to see if she could get it out of my hubby, but he didn't tell :p We bought a card saying congratulations, and we're gonna write on it that it's a boy, and send it to them :)

But anyway, apart from us having a little boy, he's all healthy aswell :D which is most important ofcourse...

How was your weekend?? did you have fun??
We're gonna be busy this week probably... so I might not be on as much.
It's nice to have my hubby at home though :)

:wohoo: Fantastic news Eltjuh! I am glad he is doing well and healthy! What a relief for you. Your shopping sound fun! I bet it is much easier to shop now. I love the idea of tellin your folks by the card. Your DH is being good and not spilling the beans! I dont know how I will keep it in.
Was this scan at Woolwich- I hope it was ok there. Have a good week with DH and yourself. I think you and I need to make the most of these ones whilst we can!

Take care hun and :headspin: and :wohoo: again chiccka!!!

:wohoo: Fantastic news Eltjuh! I am glad he is doing well and healthy! What a relief for you. Your shopping sound fun! I bet it is much easier to shop now. I love the idea of tellin your folks by the card. Your DH is being good and not spilling the beans! I dont know how I will keep it in.
Was this scan at Woolwich- I hope it was ok there. Have a good week with DH and yourself. I think you and I need to make the most of these ones whilst we can!

Take care hun and :headspin: and :wohoo: again chiccka!!!

Yeah it's awesome I'm still super excited and still can't believe we're having a little boy.. I keep saying it every 15 minutes hehe :p Smiling massively!! :D
The scan was still in Cantebury, we're moving this friday, so I'll be looking for doctors and stuff over there soon. And then I should be appointed a midwife right?? At least I got appointed 2 by my doctors office.
Can't believe this is the 2nd to last time we're gonna see our little boy before he's born though!!
It's definitely a lot easier to talk about him now, as you don't have to write him/her all the time haha...
We're just telling our families, parents and brothers and sisters...trying to keep it a secret for everyone else... apart from B&B obviously, cause I can't!!! :p haha

Not long to go until you meet him. I bet it is easier to talk about him now and it probably makes it alot more real now IYKWIM.
I dont think I would be able to keep it a secret at all LOL. Especially to family etc. I am thinking of getting them to write it down on a piece of paper and we can seal it and give it to someone else to look after! LOL
Though knowing me I will ask at the scan and then not be able to keep it a secret. Your family is going to be soooo excited. How was your DH?
How was the scan? Did you get to see Jamie for long? What was he doing?

He was moving around a lot :) Didn't want to let the sonographer measure his head, so she prodded me in the stomach a couple of times on his bum, cause apparently they don't like that. And he was laying with his head down....

On my paperwork it says I have a posterior placenta... it's weird cause on my 12 week scan it said anterior... but I guess posterior is better as you should be able to feel more.. probably explains why I can feel so much now.

His name is going to be Jamie Lucas, but we'll call him Lucas. My husbands name is Jamie, but he thinks it's a girls name... I reckon it's a boys name and I really liked it but wasn't allowed to use it as the baby's first name if it turned out to be a boy. And I always liked Lucas, so we agreed to make it Jamie Lucas but call him Lucas. :) (if that makes sense)

Hubby was very happy, just seeing him moving about and being healthy. And ofcourse it's nice to know you're having a son that you can play football with :p He wants to get him a little arsenal outfit now haha :p just like daddy ;)

Aw thats cute- I bet he will look adorable with DH in their matching Arsenal gear.
I understand the name thing. Lucas is a lovely name too :)
Are you going to decorate a nursery in the new place. You can make it blue now :)

We're gonna decorate it, as in set up the furniture and that probably but we won't be painting... as we have to get everything back to the original state if we have to move, and we have no idea how long we'll be there for... I might put up a border though, as they are quite easy to take off...
And I also don't really like making it blue anyway, cause it's so standard... We've gone for quite neutral colours so far anyway...

Here's some pictures from the scan today (finally put them on my laptop)
Like I said, he was laying in a bit of an awkward position :p

Attachments

• 20 Weeks (2).jpg
    20 Weeks (2).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20 Weeks (3).jpg
    20 Weeks (3).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20 Weeks (4).jpg
    20 Weeks (4).jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread