• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone gave birth in Woolwich???

Oh no I don't like housework.... so I always put it off.... our house is a mess at the moment, but that's cause half the house is in boxes. Has been for a couple of weeks now, cause we were supposed to move on the 31st of august, but they messed up our paperwork so we didn't have a new house to move into at the time.
I don't mind the vacuuming... don't really do dusting unless I notice dust somewhere and I'm like, omg I really need to get rid of that. But I don't do it properly haha :p
My husband likes cooking fancy things every now and then. Unfortunately we don't have enough money to do it very often. :(

Yeah I made that miffy height chart, I love cross stitching... there's more pictures on my facebook of cross stitches I've done.

I told you the scan would be fine!! That man don't sound very nice though!! The nub theory is only a theory, so it's quite normal that he says it's not true... I mean that's why it's called a theory... haha
You should've gotten a piece of paper with some numbers and stuff on there.... And it should say where your placenta is located, I only found that out when I was about 16 weeks pregnant (4 weeks after the scan haha)
Nuchal fold measuring is used to estimate the chance of downs, cause I've seen pictures in my pregnancy-'bible' where a baby had a really big one and I think that baby had downs (not sure though). Anyway mine was 1mm (says on paperwork aswell I think) and I got a letter a couple of days (maybe a week or so) after the scan with the numbers of the blood test on it... Don't worry if it don't make any sense to you... I didn't understand anything on it, apart from the bit where it said: not at increased risk for trisomy 13+18 and trisomy 21 (which is downs)

We had the same thing, it looked like the baby had the hiccups and I asked about that aswell, but she said they weren't sure if it was hiccups, as they don't really know when exactly they get hiccups or something....

Bet it was nice to see your baby move and wave and that though?! We couldn't stop smiling all day... and I kept saying to my husband: oh we got a little baby in there!!! :) haha... but now it seems so unreal again.

Not sure how they normally do it Eltjuh. I guess once you move and register with your GP they will tell you. I am not too far from QE but far enough that I can go to my GP who is much closer LOL :)
20 weeks!! eek not long to go now! When are you moving over? We should meet for a coffee or something in Woolwich!

We're moving on the 23rd. We're moving in on the army estate, woolwich common (so literally across the 'park' from QE haha).
I've never been there before though, won't see the house till the 22nd. But it should be fine - you don't really get a choice with army houses :p haha
Yeah only 2 weeks to go!!! Awesome!! Can't wait for my 20 week scan, I really really want to find out whether we're having a little boy or a little girl.... we're both hoping for a girl, but would ofcourse also be very happy with a boy!!

Did you enjoy your 13 week scan?? Was he/she moving about a lot?
When's your due date??

I alsolived there at the time with the army ! I know Woolwich common too! x

Where are you living now???

Hi Minimin,

I was there 4 years ago so maybe things have improved. I think you have Charring Cross hospital and Bromley. Not sure how far they are though. Im sure Woolwich isnt as bad as I make out as I know many people that gave birth there. I did complain but never heard anything back. To be honest its a hospiatl that is not big enough to cope with the demands in Woolwich. How long is your posting for and do you know if its definately woolwich common you are going on? Where is your posting from and Ill tell you what its like in comparison( If i know that is!! hahaha ) xx

Hi Minimin,

I was there 4 years ago so maybe things have improved. I think you have Charring Cross hospital and Bromley. Not sure how far they are though. Im sure Woolwich isnt as bad as I make out as I know many people that gave birth there. I did complain but never heard anything back. To be honest its a hospiatl that is not big enough to cope with the demands in Woolwich. How long is your posting for and do you know if its definately woolwich common you are going on? Where is your posting from and Ill tell you what its like in comparison( If i know that is!! hahaha ) xx

It's not minimin, it's me that's moving to woolwich.
We're definitely moving to woolwich common!! And there's also Queen Elizabeth hospital to go to. We're living in Canterbury at the moment, is quite good. would've been happy to stay here if they wouldn't have told us to move already, cause now I just wanna get it over with.... I know woolwich will definitely be a downgrade from Canterbury, not so much the houses maybe but the area. Cause canterbury is quite a nice area!!

Do you know how the houses are sort of arranged in the inside?? Cause when we went there we couldn't go in cause we don't have a key yet. But the neighbours and everyone else seemed to have their living room on their 2nd floor or something... I'm really curious what they're like from the inside... Cause it doesn't make any sense to me at the moment....

Hi Minimin,

It's not minimin, it's me that's moving to woolwich.
We're definitely moving to woolwich common!! And there's also Queen Elizabeth hospital to go to. We're living in Canterbury at the moment, is quite good. would've been happy to stay here if they wouldn't have told us to move already, cause now I just wanna get it over with.... I know woolwich will definitely be a downgrade from Canterbury, not so much the houses maybe but the area. Cause canterbury is quite a nice area!!

Do you know how the houses are sort of arranged in the inside?? Cause when we went there we couldn't go in cause we don't have a key yet. But the neighbours and everyone else seemed to have their living room on their 2nd floor or something... I'm really curious what they're like from the inside... Cause it doesn't make any sense to me at the moment....

Sorry !!,
It depends where abouts you are on woolwich comon. we started off the other side to begin with (Greenhill) which was horrid we had mice from day one and was a nightmare. then I fell pregnant and needed a bigger house but they only had officers houses so we got a 4 bed just up from woolwich common. I had many friends who lived on woolwich common and most of the houses are 3 storey quite big really. but if you are at the bottom of woolwich common they are smaller and a bit close to town from what I remember. If you have a 3 storey most of them you walk in and downstarirs you have a toilet dining with a kitchen then first floor living room and one bedroom second floor 2 bedrooms and bathroom. gardens are small to medium. (They are big houses though) we was only there 2 years and got posted back to harrogate (then we got divorced lol) yes i bet you will see a big difference and here lots of police cars on a night time but on the flip side theres a lot of stuff they do for mums and babies so always lots to do. hope the move goes well. i hate moving so ill be thinking of you :) x

We're actually gonna be living in woolwich common, on the road: woolwich common. I'll be glad to be gone here, cause at the moment we get really big brown spiders in the house, that run very fast!!! So I'll be glad when we don't get them anymore. Oh and we're quite happy that the garden is paved in woolwich, as we have a really shitty garden here. It's gras, but we can't really use a lawnmower cause the garden isn't even....So a paved garden would be easy to maintain.... you know what the army is like when handing over a house - it's gotta be in the same state as it was when you moved in. :S

We're not sure how long we'll be there for, cause my husband wants to get out, and he might get MD'd as he is downgraded, due to injury to his knees. So we have no clue what's gonna happen to us once we get down there.

If and when he gets out we'll probably be moving to the brighton area, as his family lives in Brighton, would be handy with the baby aswell.

We're actually gonna be living in woolwich common, on the road: woolwich common. I'll be glad to be gone here, cause at the moment we get really big brown spiders in the house, that run very fast!!! So I'll be glad when we don't get them anymore. Oh and we're quite happy that the garden is paved in woolwich, as we have a really shitty garden here. It's gras, but we can't really use a lawnmower cause the garden isn't even....So a paved garden would be easy to maintain.... you know what the army is like when handing over a house - it's gotta be in the same state as it was when you moved in. :S

We're not sure how long we'll be there for, cause my husband wants to get out, and he might get MD'd as he is downgraded, due to injury to his knees. So we have no clue what's gonna happen to us once we get down there.

If and when he gets out we'll probably be moving to the brighton area, as his family lives in Brighton, would be handy with the baby aswell.

ohhh spiders think id rather have the mice hahahaha. The gardens are ok and I would prefer paved as grass is a pain in the a**. yes i know the move out drill well they are so picky with everything it drives you nuts as sometimes its not great when you move in but they expect it perfect when you leave :s :shrug:good luck with it all and if you can go to the playcentre off camp near the cemetry its been going so many years and was so good and free ! I made lots of friends there that wasnt in army so good. also my eldest at the time was in charlton preschool (charlton family centre sure start) it was fantastic and much better and cheaper than the one on camp. She still remembers it now !! (shes 6!) and she started there when she was 1 !!

Hey minimin,

What you upto tonight.... You said hubby is out... hope you're enjoying yourself.
How's baby doing today?? How are you doing today? Less worried yet?? ;)

Hi Eltjuh :hugs:
Sorry been slow on line. I have been at my mums and there is no real computer I can hog all day. Also have my niece and nephew running around so it is hard to get a moment ot myself. They have gone to Nursery now so I am going to head out to Acupuncture and back to Woolwich.

How are you? How was your weekend? My night in was ok-I chilled and had an early night. Shame I dont like much on TV otherwise I could have watched tons.

I think Babba is fine. I seem to have these weird feelings like scratching or tickling- thought it doesnt quite tickle. Normally on the left side- but sometimes on the right. I notice it more at night but i think that is cos I am more quiet and can feel it more. Sometimes I have had them in the day time. I am hoping that is babba- I will be 14 weeks tomorrow so I hope it is. i have had them for about 2 weeks now!!!

How are you and babba- are you getting ready to move?

Hey, you're back!! I thought you didn't like me anymore ;)

Glad you're ok! Had a good time at your mums???

I'm ok, not too well today, as I didn't sleep very well last night, but I'll be ok.
We went to Brighton on sunday, to see my hubby's parents and we went to his sister to pick up 2 sofa's. We used to have army issued sofa's but they were crap so we're glad to have nicer sofa's now :)
I was quite tired after that though, cause we got up at 7am cause we rented a van to pick the sofa's up and we had to pick the van up around 8am. And when we went home from Brighton we got stuck in traffic. We left around 6pm and didn't get home till 9pm cause there had been an accident on the M23.. :S
So was happy to finally be home.

I reckon you might be feeling the baby wiggle about a bit. :) I had a tickling sort of feeling, as if something was brushing against my skin really lightly (but I did read that tickling/itchy feeling could be skin stretching, so I'm not sure if that was the baby moving) But I can feel kicks now, so I'm happy :)
Really looking forward to the 20 week scan on monday!! Will definitely let you know whether it's a boy or girl, as we're gonna try to keep it a secret for family and friends. But at least on here I can tell everyone haha :p
And we're probably gonna be doing a 3D/4D scan in October, we were gonna do it around 27 weeks, but my parents are coming over when I'm about 24 weeks so we thought it would be nice for them to be able to see their first grandchild move around and maybe get a little wave off him/her :)
And my mum said it would be nice, she never got to do anything like that when she was pregnant (as the first time was 32 years ago and the last time almost 22 years ago, plus another 4 in between haha :p)

We just had a pre-march out yesterday, I was told they would walk through the house and tell you what you need to do, like touch up paint or properly clean the kitchen or something, so I'd been tidying and cleaning for about 2 hours yesterday. And the bloke came round, just sat down talked and didn't even look at anything, so I wasn't very happy haha :p But he seemed quite happy straight away as he walked in. Cause my husband had met him before in someone elses house for a pre-march out and he went off on one about the house being filthy and stuff.. and he said to us that ours just looks clean when you walk in, so that's good! Really looking forward to the end of next week or the week after cause then we'll have moved.. cause I just wanna get it over with.

Anyways I'm gonna stop now, cause I think I've rambled on enough haha, at least I've given you something to read.... (I've started reading birthing stories on here.... quite interesting, knowing what we're gonna have to go through in a couple of months....20 weeks and 6 days to go, for me!! :) yay)

Hey!
Sorry I wasnt neglecting you. Promise :( Glad your inspection went well. What a nightmare journey you had going to brighton! it isnt even that far from you is it? At least you got the sofa's in. I cant wait to hear about your scan on Monday! It will be so exciting. It is nice to have B and B and be able to tell all you want. In real life you just cant. I think I will do the same as you!
Where are you thinking of the scan in Oct. I think it will be so nice for you folks to see :)
I am still shattered from this weekend. My Acu was good- but got in late- had a quick dinner and just got on line ;)

I hope you manage to catch up on your sleep babe :)

I'm gonna read my book and see if I can feel anything more. Sometimes I think it might just be me hoping and perhaps reading into things a little more than I should.

night night :sleep:

Yeah Brighton is about an hour and a half from here, so not too far... but I think I've developed shin splints (mostly in my right leg) from sitting in traffic, as I was driving and had to move my leg from the brake to the accelerator constantly....And I always sort of leave my heel on the floor and then just move like the front of my foot/toes to switch... And I didn't really get a chance to stretch my legs....Hopefully it'll go away in a couple of days though... it doesn't really hurt but it just feels annoying, like cramp.

We're gonna be doing the scan back in Canterbury, means we'll have to travel from Woolwich to Canterbury, but it's worth it. I couldn't really find any 3/4D scans around the Woolwich area that wasn't more expensive than the one down here.

So you're all knackered aswell then, what have you been upto this weekend that made you so tired?? Was it your niece and nephew that tired you out?? :p Bet you're looking forward to that LO being there haha :p

My husband's boss has just had a baby (well his wife) and he is knackered...poor guy!!!

What book are you reading?? A pregnancy book or just a 'normal' book??
Hope you feel the baby again soon!! :) Mine has been moving around quite a bit today.... Can't wait to see our little wiggly worm again :D yay!!! :D

Anyways, sleep well!!

Please tell me I wasn't the only person who read this thread and though...woolwich?!?

https://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01359/woolwich_bank_1359177c.jpg

:rofl:

Sorry to go a tad off topic :blush:

Please tell me I wasn't the only person who read this thread and though...woolwich?!?

https://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01359/woolwich_bank_1359177c.jpg

Haha... I'm sorry to tell you, you were the only one... :p But hey there were people saying that everytime they see the thread they read Woolworths instead... which is worse I guess :p haha....

:haha: It is a silly name all in all I say! Luckily we wont be giving birth there Pyrrhic!

How are you Eltjuh :flower:
Hope you managed to have a good night sleep. I am sleeping ok- just dont feel like I get enough of it :wacko:. Dh left for work this morning and I couldnt get out of bed though I hate lazing in bed. I rather get up and get going :)

ouch splint chins sounds rather painful. I hope you are resting up young lady!

I'm reading a book called Bitter Chocolate by Lesley Lokko. Novel fictitious. I have not read her books so we shall see. I am reading a book a week at the moment and it is getting rather expensive! LOL- so I joined Woolwich Library. Figured I would have to when Babba is here anyway to take it to classes etc anyway! I am also reading/flicking through Pregnancy Bible, and Mothers breath and teach yourself Yoga for pregnancy. The latter two are course readings for my Yoga course. I start that soon and have some 'homework' I have to give in on Monday and need to have read some of those books properly by the 1st of Oct. Better stop dalling about :(

I am debating not starting my own Yoga classes for pregnancy until I get to 16 weeks :shrug: Not sure if that is me being sensible with my history or being lazy. Maybe I can compromise and do 15 weeks :lol:

Are you reading anything interesting? Are you also interested in Yoga for pregnancy. There is a class I have found in Blackheath which is about 15 minute drive from us.
https://www.yogaclasseswithjulie.co.uk/classes.html
I spoke to her and she was lovely if you are interested :)

I hope your husbands boss remembers what it is like when you guys have your wee one and is kind and understanding. I think the first few weeks are a blur...

hope you slept well babe :hugs:

well better get to it.. I will welcome lots of distractions so write soon LOL

Minimin

Oh yeah I slept really well, feel much better today. It was weird though, I started 'waking up' around 15.00 yesterday, feeling better, but still tired... But hey I feel good today...

My right leg feels a bit better today aswell, so that's good... oh wow, I'm going all good now !!! :D haha

Don't know the book you're reading... Don't know what sort of books you're into, but I really like the Sophie Kinsella books (shopaholic range) and the book Remember me, but I read that in Dutch so I'm not too sure whether it is as funny in English (cause obviously with translating it always changes a bit, well most of the time anyway). I always get my books from amazon.co.uk you can find a book then it usually says how many new and used they have, and if you click on new (if you want new ones, that's what I usually go for) you can get them really cheap, I can usually get books for 3-5 pounds :) Good for my hubby as he loves reading :)

I'm reading a pregnancy book called 'the day by day pregnancy book' and I love this book, cause you get to read something everyday. I bought it when I was about 6 weeks pregnant and it shows you exactly how the baby develops. And in the first 12 weeks it shows a little picture in real size of the baby, it's amazing how small they are at first. But anyway it's a really good book, I think..... https://www.waterstones.com/waterst...+blott/the+day-by-day+pregnancy+book/6621007/ there's a link.
I also just like having something to read every single day rather than every week.

I'm not too sure about yoga... never really been into it tbh. But I might look into it once we've moved.

My husband will be having a different boss by the time we have the baby, cause we're moving and he might even be out the army by then....fingers crossed - but then again that would mean we'd have to move again and he's gotta get work somewhere else, which isn't very easy at the moment.

That book looks good- I will keep an eye out for it. Unfortunately as I am not working I am trying not to hogg too many books. I have been getting books from charity shops too which is nice to be doing something for charity as well as getting books!

I have read Kinsella and do like her stuff. I also read my first book by Katie Quinn last week- very good and definitely recommend it.

I hear you about the stuff on jobs- Just had Job Seekers call me. I am chasing them on whether they have made a decision on my claim. She asked if I was pregnant just now- I wonder how that effects my claim :shrug: Fingers crossed for your DH hun!I hope he gets something as soon as he needs :)

Let me know about the Yoga- but dont worry bout it. I will hopefully be going tonight if I can get my lazy butt outta the house :)

I am glad you are feeling better. I like those days :) Like you I am really tired in the mornings and get more energy later on. Before I was pregnant I was more of a morning person! LOL- I just dont know myself anymore! I hate not knowing if I will have the energy to do things :shrug:

right back to surfing the net- been waiting for this Job seekers call this morning and she called just now to say she will call back...:grhh:
You doing anything interesting today?

Nah not doing anything today... I want to go and do something with my hubby, as he always works half days on wednesdays and it's just fun doing something together now. Dunno what to do though....

My husband doesn't need a job yet, cause he's still in the army, but we don't know how long he'll be in for cause he wants to get out, but it's not really the right time now to get out I reckon...

I am so not a morning person... never have been. I love sleeping in!! When my husband leaves the bed in the morning I just roll over and take the whole bed.... Didn't wake up till 11 this morning.

What are you upto today/tonight??
Oh btw I guess it helps to be pregnant when you're trying to get jobseekers.... cause obviously you need more money when you're pregnant/having a baby...

Hey,
Like you I roll over and take the whole bed- but atm- dh is in the spare room. My sinuses and tossing and turning is keeping him up!
I am off to Woolich library- return my book and then to this Yoga if I can be bothered- May just come back and go next week. You have to book block sessions :)
Hope you and DH have found something nice to do this afternoon :)

Jobseekers take more money and time off me than they give me... got them on the phone this afternoon and really- they are a bunch of jerks!!!they make me so mad. I bet i get nothing for it anyway!

Have a good afternoon- :)

Yay I just booked a 3D scan in Woolwich,with Apeekaboo :) For 16th ofoctober... can't wait!!
In canterbury they said 24 weeks would probably be too early to get good clear pictures. they said I could go for it anyway and if it wasn't any good they could rebook me... but I didn't wanna risk driving all the way to canterbury if the pictures aren't gonna be good.... But hey, at least this is nice and close :) And the lady said it would be fine, it's just that the baby is a bit skinnier than later on...

What did they say from jobcentre then??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"