Anyone going to Stoke Mandeville Hospital?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by MelReb, Jan 27, 2011.

1. MelReb

MelReb Well-Known Member

Hi

I live in Aylesbury and have decided against a homebirth. My MW has told me I have two options - have the baby in the labour suite or in the midwife led unit.

Has anyone been on a visit and seen what the difference is? I'm on a waiting list (not sure how long they want me to wait and whether the baby will come before I get to the top of the list :haha:)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :hugs:

2. Baby no3

Baby no3 Well-Known Member

I was meant to be having baby in high wycombe birth centre but i have just moved house so now going to wexham as its closer than high wycombe! Im a bit gutted as my other 2 children were born at wycombe and it was fantastic couldnt complain at all! I know a couole of people who have been to stoke mandeville and never heard a complaint about it my friend is also a midwife there! Sorry i couldnt help to much..

3. bumpy_j

bumpy_j Well-Known Member

I'm having mine at Stoke, was quite keen on High Wycombe ABC because it's all been done up and looks fantastic but was told I was too high risk so been booked there. I haven't looked around Stoke but my midwife says the birthing centre has recently been done up and looks great but really want to find some photos online or hear some stories. Really frustrating that there isn't an online tour or anything

4. N1kki

N1kki Guest

stoke mandeville is a good hospital wouldnt worry.

5. MelReb

MelReb Well-Known Member

Aww thanks girls!

I hope they call me in plenty of time so I can decide between the two.

6. tootles123

tootles123 adores her little Miss

Caring and kind MW's and good quality from what I've heard : )

7. jackiea85

jackiea85 Mum of 2 boys

I will be going to the Stoke Mandeville, we only moved to Oakley about 3 months ago so I have no idea what it is like but my midwife said my options (due to previous post-partum haemorrhage) are either Oxford John Radcliffe or Aylesbury Stoke Mandeville so I've decided on SM x

8. MelReb

MelReb Well-Known Member