Anyone going to Stoke Mandeville Hospital?

MelReb

Reaction score
Hi

I live in Aylesbury and have decided against a homebirth. My MW has told me I have two options - have the baby in the labour suite or in the midwife led unit.

Has anyone been on a visit and seen what the difference is? I'm on a waiting list (not sure how long they want me to wait and whether the baby will come before I get to the top of the list :haha:)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :hugs:

I was meant to be having baby in high wycombe birth centre but i have just moved house so now going to wexham as its closer than high wycombe! Im a bit gutted as my other 2 children were born at wycombe and it was fantastic couldnt complain at all! I know a couole of people who have been to stoke mandeville and never heard a complaint about it my friend is also a midwife there! Sorry i couldnt help to much..

I'm having mine at Stoke, was quite keen on High Wycombe ABC because it's all been done up and looks fantastic but was told I was too high risk so been booked there. I haven't looked around Stoke but my midwife says the birthing centre has recently been done up and looks great but really want to find some photos online or hear some stories. Really frustrating that there isn't an online tour or anything

Aww thanks girls!

I hope they call me in plenty of time so I can decide between the two.

Caring and kind MW's and good quality from what I've heard : )

I will be going to the Stoke Mandeville, we only moved to Oakley about 3 months ago so I have no idea what it is like but my midwife said my options (due to previous post-partum haemorrhage) are either Oxford John Radcliffe or Aylesbury Stoke Mandeville so I've decided on SM x

Hi girls

I went to my first antenatal class on Monday and the instructor gave us this link for Stoke Mandeville hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-DFU28EE8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nice to know what it looks like :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->