Anyone have to wait til 8 weeks to see a dr/midwife?

CC94

Reaction score
I wasn’t able to get in prior to hitting the eighth week marker, coincidentally happens to be on 08/08/18.

Time is going to pass so slow.. :sad2:

That's pretty standard, here in the uk anyway. Try busy yourself to help time go a bit quicker! Xx

The first part seems to go so slow . We have a shortage of midwives in our area and I didn’t get an appointment with ours untill around the 10 week mark. After your first appointment though it starts to pick up pace with the first ultrasound etc xx

Eight weeks is the standard time for booking in in our area. Midwife hasn’t even rang to schedule an appt yet, last time she was great and we got a weekend appt for booking in so hoping for the same this time.

Mine usually sees bewteeen 7 to 8 weeks. Pretty standard in the US I believe.

I’m with xarlenex being in the uk too

Oh wow I didn’t realize it was actually pretty standard around the globe, Idk why I didn’t need to wait with my son. I did have to wait with my daughter though. I thought I’d be a lot more calm the third go around, but I guess a new baby is hard to be used too, so many emotions!!!

I've not even called my mw yet. Thinking to book for around 11 weeks and the have scan at 12? X

I was going to wait to call, but we moved somewhere pretty rural, my first couple attempts were booked out til November ! Had to settle, just relieved they had spots for ob patients still I suppose.

Our midwives like to see you at 8-10 weeks, I have my first app tomorrow at 11+4, was the first I could get!

For some reason I thought it was just the us that liked to wait until chance of mc drops to see you LOL do they take your betas routinely from the beginning?

For my daughter I think I got in pretty quick for a dating ultrasound, but I went to a free clinic for that.
My son, I had a dating ultrasound also due to my life style choices at the time... (not so good ones.)

Both of those were 5-6 weeks.

This pregnancy I'm beside myself because I was 2 weeks late! And my leves were only 32HCG the day after my BFP, rising appropriately, however I'm now anywhere between 5 and 7 weeks today and its killing me not knowing. My dating ultrasound is on Monday the 23rd, but I don't think thats a real OB appointment or not. lol Its odd to me, but common.

I always get seen at 6 weeks, but that's only because I'm high risk and am prescribed progesterone (beginning only) and lovenox (whole pregnancy).

I think 9 weeks is pretty normal.

For my daughter I think I got in pretty quick for a dating ultrasound, but I went to a free clinic for that.
My son, I had a dating ultrasound also due to my life style choices at the time... (not so good ones.)

Both of those were 5-6 weeks.

This pregnancy I'm beside myself because I was 2 weeks late! And my leves were only 32HCG the day after my BFP, rising appropriately, however I'm now anywhere between 5 and 7 weeks today and its killing me not knowing. My dating ultrasound is on Monday the 23rd, but I don't think thats a real OB appointment or not. lol Its odd to me, but common.

Oh my goodness that would drive me absolutely insane!!!! At least you are getting a scan relatively soon!!! I had a scan around 5 weeks with my son but for the life of me I can’t remember why !!

Fx your scan goes well, can’t wait for the update!!! :happydance:

My first I was seen at 10 weeks for the first time.
Second one I think was 8 weeks (we moved and it was a different practice from my first). Now on my third pregnancy I will be seen at 9+2. I'm not sure if it'll just be initiating care and if they will even check anything at that point. I guess I'll find out haha

My clinic won't see moms until they are 10 weeks at least.
And then you get booked in right away if you wanna do the NT echo.
They also give you your papers for the first blood test if you wanna do the down syndrome screening. (Between 10 and 13 weeks).

Most of the people that I know who live near me had the same thing. Except for some of my friends who had high risk pregnancies and whatnot.

I have just seen my midwife for the first time and I'm 9 weeks. My GP told me they like to see you between 8-10 weeks so they can do blood tests, ect. and book you in for your 12 week scan.

This stage is all new to me, because I was 18 weeks when I found out I was pregnant with my first! It was so stress free, I wish I could do that again! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->