Anyone in Minnesota??!!

I hope you have a bigger chance than just slim, hun!

Thanks!

At this point, I'm really not quite hoping... anything. We'll see what it is. I'm hesitant to pay all the money for nothing, I don't like the idea of being heavily medicated for (possibly) nothing so we'll see what the doctor says.

I knwo what you mean. Usually when they medicate you to help you with the cycle and the quality of the eggs and so forth, they do monitor you. but the guarantee of it all really does suck.

As much as I know, nobody does close monitoring for women on clomid, and that's something I'm pretty scared of.

IUI likely wouldn't come with stimulation stronger than just clomid.

I think they start you off on a mild dose of clomid then have you back for a u/s to check follicles and if there are too many follicles they will terminate the cycle and not do iui on you to prevent multiples or if there's too few, they will upp the dose. At least that's the process of IUI with clomid that i have seen with other ladies.

Yup, I know about that. What they don't monitor enough, as much as I know, are all the side-effects, but we'll see. It's probably different when IUI is in place, as opposed to prescribing clomid just for the sake of it. Those women are usually on their own.

I'm curious, though, to see how many I'd get on drugs, though, since nothing seems to be wrong in cycles that are on my own, either.

I would think that they woudl put you on clomid even if you seem to be fine on your own just to up your chance by a certain percentage which makes sense because it's usually one shot. I have a few bnb buddies who went on clomid and didn't have too much of any side effects at all. have you talked to others on bnb who had clomid or iuis done?

Nope, not here, but I know a bunch of women back home. I can't think of any who actually got pregnant that way, though.

You don't know any that got pregnant on clomid or with IUI?

Personally, no. All of them needed IVF and some eventually did got pregnant.

Oh gotcha. not often someone knows someone personally who had iui/ivf or clomid. all that i have known to use clomid is on BnB.

I actually know probably a couple dozen women who have gone through infertility treatments. It's just that IUI really seems to be ineffective!

I don't think we'd go the iui route..unless we knew for sure that we were ready..as in the follicules were good sized..and looked like it would be good. If we would have to go that route, i think the max we'd try iui is 3x, b/c if its not successful after 3 tries, chances are it wont be ..

A friend of mine is doing IUI right now... the first IUI failed because they were off by a couple hours, the sceond one she just finished on saturday. she has 2 more to do if this one fails then she will go with IVF.

Yeah, i know that there's no issue as far as getting dh's swimmers where they need to go..so im not too worried about having to go there..

on another topic..i've fallen in love with these baby girl names --- Aliviah/Alivia, Adaleigh the next time im pregnant, and it turns out to be good and is a girl..pretty sure these 2 will be contenders.. the initials will prob be AAC. As in Aliviah Aletta or Adaleigh Aletta or Alivia Avis (i cant decide between my moms middle name or my gramma's first name)

Alivia is a nice alternative to Olivia which is WAY too popular now! Olivia was on my list but decided not to go with that name as I don't want my duaghter (if i'm having a girl) to be one of the 12 olivias in class :nope:

Yeah, there are many Olivias. And I like the piggy-doll, too, the Olivia thing. :lol:

I am, amongst other things, toying with the thought that we might not have kids at all. I guess it's good to consider all the possibilities.

ayclobes, looks like you're working on weightloss, too? I plan to lose about 50 more pounds. I hit my 20th today.

yup..i am trying to lose like 70+lbs..the depo shot is the devil...i had 1 friggin shot/dosage of it and gained 75lbs off it..b4 depo i was 170/180..and i ballooned up to 249!!!! damnit! but i've lost 11.4lbs so im down to 234..but still im hoping to get to 150 ifi can..ughhhhhh

Ooof, that's a lot there that you gained, but hey, you're shedding weight nicely, too!

I gained nothing on Yasmin, in fact I lost probably around 80-100 lbs over the course of about three years. This is now the final push.

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I have definitely heard depo is the devil :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"