Anyone in Minnesota??!!

haha, i used to be a major city girl... then i started hating the big city and moved to a smaller city... hated it, moved to an even smaller city... hated it and now i live in a town of 1,600 people and i love it! not too small, not too big. :haha:

maybe you and your DH can pick a place tat's right smack in middle of both of your families so the distance is the same on each side and you guys can take turns every year visiting family. :shrug: it's hard when you marry someone with a different background from yours.

Aaaa, something as small as 1600 people town would just outright kill me! :lol:

I miss public transport or just some sort of ability to get places by foot. I miss smaller shops, or just about anything laid out as a strip mall (hate the big warehouse-looking shopping malls). I miss going out for a walk, but without wearing sweatpants and sneakers and pretending that walking is some hi-end exercise (I still don't know anyone in person here who actually does walk. I miss food and little cafes where you can sit, enjoy your coffee, tea or whatever you like and not have anything to eat at the same time.

It's been about two and a half years and I don't know anyone, pretty much. I mean, I know people I work with and a couple of my husband's friends, but we don't really socialize... probably because we're too different? :/

Wow, i guess it really is that different down in Crotia... I can't even imagine as I've never been there :/ We definitely have small shops where we can walk and shop here in my town, and a coffee shop (they make the best sandwiches and soups too). Makes me think how much I really have when I read what you don't have down there.

There's one really good Coffee shop in Mankato, but it's usually crowded (probably because it's pretty much the only one!) and then there's another place similar to that, but I've not even been there yet. One time I checked, it was closed, so I guess it comes and goes, haha.

What seems to be the main street in town, or downtown area at least, has some shops on it, but I'm pretty much the only person ever walking there. Or anyone else, for that matter, other than around campus during classes.

Croatia is pretty similar to any other European country. It seems the cities over there are designed for people to really use them. Here, I can't seem to see that kind of thing.

Minneapolis seems to be pretty alive and kicking during business hours. On weekends, or after 5, everything downtown goes dead, too. I've also seen Des Moines, which was dead at any given time to the point where I couldn't even see a person (seriously!) and then we've been to Kansas City, Missouri, too and that was... similar to Minneapolis, except for one high-end-store neigbourhood. Duluth looked fine when we were there for a couple days.

Yeah i think the downtown goes dead because theyre all stores nad so forth so they are closed during business hours and it's only hopping where there are clubs and bars. :shrug:

Oh, I was thinking more like 8-5... and then - nothing! I suppose the stores are open past that hour, too. :)

So I guess you're really impatient to get the little one out, huh? :)

Oh no, it's becoming standard for many stores and shops to be open till 9 or 10 pm now. :shrug:

I'm on the fence... one hour I feel like I want the baby out! the next I'm feeling fine and think i can really do 3 more weeks (certainly not overdue though) so right now I am feeling ok. I think it's more of excitement of meeting the baby that makes me so anxious!

It'll be soon, either way! It's just about three weeks, if the baby decides to hide all the way. :)

Definitely - I know 3 weeks doesn't sound much either! It'll be gone in a blink of an eye - especially how fast the last 8 1/2 months went, jeez!

Nothing exciting to report over here on my side. How about you? how's ttcing going?

It's going...

Mostly nowhere. :rofl:

We have an appointment with our RE next month, on the 9th.

Awesome! What will happen at that appt? Is it just a consulting type of appointment?

Just another consultation, yes. I'm not looking forward to it at all, because I have no clue what we want done, let alone what exactly the doctor will suggest, but it just needs to be done.

HOpe the dr will give you options and you'll be able to research them?

Yeah, I'm hoping to hear more about IUI and what our chances would be. Then I guess we'll need to hear more about IVF options, too.

From what I have read on BnB, usually the best way to go is IUI first and if that fails then IVF is the last resort. Hopefully IUI works for you!

IUI is usually good for people with sperm issues, but also younger couples, too. Being 34, I am not quite... 24, right. :lol:

But we'll see!

Really? didn't know theyc onsidered age as a factor... well i would think so for 40 years old but 34 is still relatively good age to have a kid? :shrug:

No, they'll do it, but unmedicated IUI has something like 4% success rate. That's pretty damn low. Stimulated cycles are maybe 15%? I forgot. And I'm not sure yet how I feel about stimulation without monitoring.

Egg quality, also, depends on the woman's age, so... with my low reserve, it could be expected that my quality isn't all that great either, but that's something nobody ever knows prior to actual harvesting.

So I have no clue. Slim chances, no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->