Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Urchin - CONGRATULATIONS i am so happy for you, i did have a good feeling u would get ur bfp xx I hope everybody else is well and welcome to the newbies xx

Hello ladies i haven't been on here for ages and haven't managed to read everyones posts yet, so just had a quick look through. Pink i am so sorry for ur loss from my experience my first mc i waited about a month to let nature takes it's course but it didn't so i had to have a d and c and the other three mc's nature did it, but i kinda wish i had never had the d and c now as i have read it can cause scarring and damage in the uterus which cause fertility issues. FF i'm sorry about oh sa results xxx

Thanks tash, thats what i'm nervous about aswell with the d&c. I really don't want to cause any damage to myself, its been hard enough getting this far to begin with. God its such a tough decision. I'm goin to see my GP tomorrow morning anyway so i'll get his opinion on the matter and whether I can brave it out and wait it out.... my birthday is in 2 weeks so i'm just selfishly trying to out manoeuvre nature before then.

I just wanted to chime in on the "dildo cam" thing.. All I know is that after you go through the range of infertility testing that is on the menu for us ladies trying to get pregnant, there is no longer any shame in your game... At first I was nervous when I did my very first appointment with the beloved dildo cam and it was a vaginal ultrasound and ever since than it doesnt phase me anymore.. plus I had my saline sono and had 3 ladies down there looking at my junk... the Dr, the nurse assisting and a medical student intern that was obeserving... it was like a party, the only thing missing was chips, dip and some music...:haha: Nevermind the HSG, the DR struggling down there trying to position the catheter thing and pumping iodine into your uterus well you wrythe in pain and agony from the cramping all the while trying to stay loose and relaxed well you are in total pain... :wacko::wacko: Lordy... I swear you start to feel like a science experiment, all of the poking and prodding around down there in your junk... :blush:

One thing I can say for sure is man am I ever mentally exhausted from this LTTC mess... No one prepares you for this infertility mess and you dont find out how difficult it is until you are knee deep in it.. :dohh:

As far as the softcups, I have 2 packs of them upstairs, and I have practiced with them, but I havent used them for TTC yet.. To be totally honest with you they totally freak me out...:blush: The couple of times I practiced with them I was terrified that they would get stuck up in there and that i would have to go to the ER to get them removed by a DR or something, and one time I used it and freaked out asking DH to help me get it out because I couldnt and that it was stuck, and a little tip if you have long nails be careful you dont scratch yourself pulling out the soft cup because i scratched myself getting it out, I also felt like when i put them in there like I couldnt tell how deep to put the cup and it seemed like I could push it in forever or something, and i aslo have the same fear as the other girls that i would accidently block the swimmers from being able to get to their destination as well .... So long story short my soft cups are collecting dust in my bathroom and I havent gotten the balls yet to use them to help with TTC just yet....although I am promising myself that my cycle following my surgery will include me pulling out all of the stops and using the soft cups for the first time... :wacko::wacko::wacko: And a side note the soft cups actually cant get stuck because there isnt any place for them to go to... that is just my own irrational fears taking over of course...

Hi ladies- I'd like to join you all in this thread. I've been over at the TTC thread for awhile but after being in this game so long i don't think I have the same optimism as most of the ladies there. I've been doing IUI's with clomid, but will be sitting out the IUI this month. I'm trying preseed for the first time this month and robistussin from day 10 to O. I'm on cd 11 now and waiting to O. Good luck everybody and :dust::dust: to all!

Hi ladies- I'd like to join you all in this thread. I've been over at the TTC thread for awhile but after being in this game so long i don't think I have the same optimism as most of the ladies there. I've been doing IUI's with clomid, but will be sitting out the IUI this month. I'm trying preseed for the first time this month and robistussin from day 10 to O. I'm on cd 11 now and waiting to O. Good luck everybody and :dust::dust: to all!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/image066.jpg

Welcome hun! Hope your time here is short... x

lucylou I think it's a great idea that you have your OH taking the vitamins. It should only benefit his SA (I think). I'm even thinking of getting my DH to take them although his SA was normal, because the higher the numbers the better. All of these 'normals' that the FS tells us the SA should be are somewhat misleading. I've read specifically about morphology that some FS say it should be greater than 4%, but some other FS say it should be greater than 20%?!??! Now that's a huge difference. From what I can tell, >15% is what the SA should be, but they have now changed the normals because most of the population doesn't take care of themselves and therefore their SA quality is drastically reduced yet they can still conceive. This is just my own interpretation of things I have read. All to say, the better the number the

GL lucylou and MrsH with the new and improved SA results and then with a successful IVF! =)

Welcome seekingbaby! GL in your TWW!

Welcome Chels! GL with Clomid this month! I've started to use Preseed a couple of cycles ago, and I have to say that I really like it. My suggestion is to use a bit less than 3gm like it says in the instructions, otherwise it just feels like too much and too slippery. Try 2.5gm or a bit less to start. If you will be using preseed, I'm not sure you need to also use robitussin? I think preseed alone should solve the lubrication and PH levels. But I suppose it also won't hurt. Good luck.

Welcome Chels - come on in, the water's lovely :D

I love this thread, it's so nice to "meet" people that are going through the same long journey as I am. We will get there and very soon I hope!

Welcome Chels!

Hello Ladies! We have been TTC#1 since May 2010. My husband and I have been together for 12 years, married for 8. We are both 31, getting ready to turn 32. We waited so long to start trying because for years we weren't even sure we wanted kids, then when we decided we did, my husband traveled for work all the time, and he didn't want me to be doing it on my own. Well, now I wish we would have just started, since it's been close to 2 years.
I joined this forum several months ago, then gave up TTC for a while after we found out my husband's sperm count was very low (under 7 million). I've done all the testing, and I'm completely fine. We've tried acupuncture, preseed, soft cups, egg whites, opk, etc.
I have really had a hard time dealing with everything. Some days are fine, some days I just cry all day long and am deeply depressed. It took me 2 years to talk my husband into TTC, and I have a lot of anger issues about that. Some days I can't help but blame him because he made us wait so long. Whats making it worse, is all my sisters in laws are TTC (one is pregnant) and I can't deal with the fact that we should have been first.
Right now I'm just trying to get right emotionally. I have started meditation classes, go to a counselor and weekly acupuncture. Right now I wince every time someone announces a pregnancy. I find myself skipping family events where someone is pregnant. I'm just trying to dig myself out of this hole. Anyway, that is why I came back to the forum, I figure it can't hurt.
I have an appt March 1st to talk about IUI, I hope to do the first round in March.

Hi there AintLG - I'm glad you found us, I think this is absolutely the right thread for you.
We're a lovely friendly bunch who are all struggling (or struggled) to achieve the most natural thing in the world, that every other bugger seems to manage without even really trying.
For different reasons, I also waited much too long to start TTC (for me it was because it wasn't til I was 38 that I met someone who also wanted children - and by then my own fertility had nosedived)

So come on in and make yourself comfortable, rant away when things look bleak - we all do it in here :hugs:
But it sounds like the appointment in March will really help to move things forward for you ...

Big hugs chikkie and welcome to the Bestest Club that No One Ever Wants to be In!

Hello Ladies. I am also LTTC. We started TTC in September 2010. I have already done 5 cycles of clomid. I have PCOS and Hypothyroid so I figure we are in for the long haul. I know how all of you feel. We are going to see FS this wednesday and I'm quite excited. I'm hoping next step is IUI? I don't know whats next but hoping eventually BFP. Thanks for letting me join and hope everyone gets BFP soon.

and a big welcome to vjp too - let us know how things go with the FS xxx

Wow we sure are attracting a lot of new members :dance: That just proves how awesome we all are :haha:

Well I am either 10DPO, 9DPO or 6DPO depending on what FF actually thinks is going on with me :wacko:

well i rang the doctors yesterday and have my first appointment, unfortunately its not until 26th March and OH is on a course in London from the 24th - 28th so I will be on the phone nearer the time trying to get an earlier date so he can be there

Hello ladies i haven't been on here for ages and haven't managed to read everyones posts yet, so just had a quick look through. Pink i am so sorry for ur loss from my experience my first mc i waited about a month to let nature takes it's course but it didn't so i had to have a d and c and the other three mc's nature did it, but i kinda wish i had never had the d and c now as i have read it can cause scarring and damage in the uterus which cause fertility issues. FF i'm sorry about oh sa results xxx

Thanks tash, thats what i'm nervous about aswell with the d&c. I really don't want to cause any damage to myself, its been hard enough getting this far to begin with. God its such a tough decision. I'm goin to see my GP tomorrow morning anyway so i'll get his opinion on the matter and whether I can brave it out and wait it out.... my birthday is in 2 weeks so i'm just selfishly trying to out manoeuvre nature before then.

it is a very hard decision and i can honestly say if i was in ur position i don't know what i would do, the only thing with letting nature take it's course it that the longer u leave it the higher the chance of infection, which is why after a month with mine i had the d & c also to help grieve and move on, bcos as silly as this sounds but even know i knew my baby had gone while the baby was still in me i kept thinking what if they have it wrong and it's ok xx

Tash you've basically summed it up! My GP wasn't particularly helpful this morning, i asked if it was possible to have another scan locally so it could help me make a definite decision about what to do and he told me I should go back to the IVF clinic and discuss my worries with them, but as i'm questioning their results i don't feel quite comfortable with that. or i could do a private scan... i need to discuss it with the OH and see what he thinks but i might just have the private scan and put all the doubts to bed. Its just i've had no bleeding and no real pain/cramping so its difficult to get it into my head that its real. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->