Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Oh 10years I am so sorry hun :hugs:

Did any of you know it's infertility awareness month? I only just found out as a lovely lady emailed my Etsy account asking if I could be blog featured by her due to raising awareness of infertility month :wacko:

Good morning all :D

10yrs - I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving us - but you have to do what is right for you, and if you have reached the point of no more, then for sanity's sake, you have to go with that. Big hugs hon and good luck with whatever comes next xxx

Thanks Urchin, Feisty and Gilmore...on the plus side, at least AF finally arrived, I never thought I would say that in my life but for about three days I have been in agony with this bloating, and even now I haven't yet had any relief - I can't wait to get back to normal!

I'm still going to give "natural" a few more goes, although it's tough in a lot of ways that I won't go into... I'm so sure we all know what it feels like when you hate :sex: because it's not fun anymore. :nope:

FF, thats great news about being featured!

Hello to all the newbies, you have found a great thread to call home!

Well, AF got me over the weekend and I think it DH has finally had enough and agreed to do his SA FINALLY!

I'm so sorry 10years :hugs: Good luck Ash xx and welcome to all the newbies :waves:

Afm i started the clomid on friday so fx for the month, also i got my tattoo at the weekend for my angel babies and i'm not gonna lie it hurt like hell by worth it i absolutely love it xx

Photo please Tash :flower:

10years :hugs: I find myself hating :sex: more and more as too tired/not hopeful.

Dazed excellent news on the SA front :dance:

AFM we are getting a new pup :dance: We can't really afford it but the pup is a sister of our Boo from a different litter and it is going to be last ever one as Daddy has had the snip. Lovely breeder has said we can pay a small deposit and then post date a cheque for 6 weeks as she trusts us and wants the puppy to go to a good home with people who will know what to expect. So excited!

yeah!!! seen the pics on facebook that you posted so cute! when will you get her?

Within the next few weeks :dance: Amy if you check out the baby photo's of Boo they are pretty much identical :haha:

Speaking of cute photo's I saw your amazing engagement ring! Congratulations hun :flower:

Ok so, I'm starting to feel depressed.

I should not have done this but I was reading articles of success with IUI and fertility medication and the odds are very slim. I mean I knew this but actually reading it sucks! So, I don't really know what my chances are because I read so much at this point I'm just overwhelmed but one thing I read really stuck in my head. Which is, when a couple is diagnosed unexplained infertility, they will within 6-9 years become pregnant. I'm sorry but that is just .... it just seems crazy to me within 6 years! I know that some women on this thread have been trying for longer than that and I'm sorry if I am offending you or anything but I just can't imagine trying for that long without success! I'm feeling sad, depressed, angry, helpless!

And I know everything with my scan looked good but I just can't get over that not a lot of people have success with IUI.

Oh and the other thing that is bothering me is that my insurance company requires that we do 6 IUI cycles before moving on to IVF and it's crazy to me since they said in most of the articles that any IUI after 4, your chances are extremely low, so I feel like I'm going to have to put myself through IUI knowing that it's not going to work ... if that makes sense!

Sorry for the rant girls, I'm just feeling very down right now.

^I understand, I found out my little brother is having a baby and I am devastated.

aintlifegrand - I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with your brother having a baby but I'm sure everything will work out and you will get your baby soon! :hugs:!

Thanks Feisty was a complete surprise!

Ash and aintlifegrand :hugs:

Ash when you think about it logically there is a slightly increased chance of pregnancy with IUI over natural conception (providing both partners have no major fertility based problems) if it takes the 'average' couple a year to conceive then it would follow suit that it would be a slightly less amount of time for IUI to work. You are lucky enough to be having 6 rounds (I know you probably don't feel lucky right now :hugs:) so the more rounds of IUI you have the higher your chance of a :bfp: is going to be!

I bet that those statistics mainly relate to couples having 2 or 3 rounds as it is so expensive and most insurance companies will try to get out of funding more. I know you read a few that pregnancy is unlikely after 4 but you don't know if the data range collected included people that had just 5 rounds or 10. Data can be manipulated into fitting pretty much any theory.

Don't get so disheartened hun :hugs: IUI is a good thing! xxx

Hi all.. I'm 9DPO and crossing my fingers that AF stays away.

Lian keeping it all crossed hun :flower:

Cramping started today at 8dpo so no doubt I am out :wacko: Had a raging headache for most of the day which is odd but probably due to strange sleeping pattern right now.

FF - thanks for the kind words and the information! I agree that the statistics can be controlled and it's not necessarily free of error! I figure if it's mean to be then it is and if it's not then it's not and there's really not much I can do about it but keep trying!

Well I had IUI this morning and OH had 47.5 million count post wash. And even though the other doctor told me I had 3 follicles, this doctor said I only really had 1 that was ready although I don't quite believe her because there were 2 on the right side, 1 at 21 and the other at 16mm and they grow 1-2mm everyday approximately and they were those sizes about 2 days ago, so hopefully I really had two that were ready to go!

Anyways, so now I'm in the TWW! Yay!

Don't give up hope, Ash. If you knew the actual data collected for those figures you would shit. Don't believe 50% of what you read, especially on the internet. Stay POSITIVE if you want positive results. I know it's easier said than done, but try it out and you may surprise yourself at how much happier you are with doing with all your IUI cycles.
TTC is such an emotional journey. I, too, have read some insane statistics for blocked tubes, but am staying positive. If I don't I will have a nervous break down.

Hi Ladies - wow what a busy lil thread this is.....glad to have the conversation though!

Lucy - yes I totally understand that....I get like that....DH knows that for the first 2 days of my cycle to leave me be as I will just lay on the couch and watch tv....then by day 4 or 5 I start telling him how I think this is going to be our month. I guess we all just need those couple of days to grieve for something that wasnt.

FX - It is nice to have someone to vent to. I have you ladies....I dont speak to anyone around here about ttc as it is a small island no one can keep a secret!

SB - Yeah for AF...I am in your boat...I just want AF to start so I can also start my femara!

10years - sorry about IVF not working. SOmetimes I feel like all of this ttc is such a cruel game that someone up there is playing on us. Bding for us did become like that...I think my hysterscopy came at the right time as I did need a ttc break. I just didnt want to do it anymore and I am not usually like that.

FF - That is great we have our own month! LOL....hey I think bringing awareness to this problem is great that way the shame that most of us feel for not getting pg so easily wont be so bad.

Tash - I agree with FF...lets see the tat!

Ash - Dont listen to the hype.....If it will help....search the internet for only positive things....Like...IUI success with clomid...that is what I do...i know it sounds crazy but it helps to see it works rather than it doesnt.

lian - great name...thats my sisters name. fxed that af has left your building!

kcarey - I just read your siggy....how did they do an hsg in 2011 an dtubes were open and then they find in 2012 that they are not? What happened between these time frames? If you dont want to answer I understand no problem...just curious.

well afm, just sitting and waiting, I cant tell when I actually oved but I just need this tww to b e over so I can start on my fertility protocol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->