Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Oh sticky :hugs: you must still go to the GP and get your levels checked though :flower:

Amy sorry about the borderline ovulation :hugs: but it is good that you are getting your FS referral :flower:

Ever since my first round of clomid (almost 2 years ago) I have had sore boobs before my period and I never used to suffer with this!

Thought I'd best pop in and let you know how I'm doing - which is not very well
I seem to have/have had a combination of things that have been conspiring to make me utterly miserable.

Easter Sunday I was worried about my temps (102F) so I went to the walk-in clinic, who sent me to the hospital. I thought I had a chest infection, they thought it wasn't that and found I had a bladder infection. So they gave me anti-biotics and sent me home
All last week I was grim - antis finally started to tackle my temps, but my chest is horrid - I've coughed so much that I've pulled every muscle I have, and it's all so very sore.
The coughing has also been making me very sick - to the point of dehydration and so on Monday I ended up back in hospital with keytones in my urine.

The lovely Dr I saw gave me some anti-sickness tabs and some Ranitidine to stop the heartburn, to try and help me keep some water down.

But I have been so worried about Eenie - I know high temps are very bad for small babies and I've been stressing so much about what might be going on in there.
When I told the lovely Dr at the hospital, she brought us downstairs with her after we'd finished and even though she had finished her shift, took us to one of the ultrasound rooms for a sneaky scan ... where we heard Eenie's heartbeat good and strong. Can't tell you how relieved we both are

So, I'm resting up at home, trying to shake off the last of the chest infection - temps are still going up to 100F but no higher, so I'm not worried about that.... and it appears that my asthma is back, which I last had 18 years ago!

So that's me and my tale of woe (when the GP asked me what was wrong on Monday I replied 'I'm a small heap of misery ) I'm absolutely shattered and sleeping up to 20 hours a day - but I think the new meds are kicking in and I'm starting to be able to keep things down

I've had a good read through - but am not going to attempt to reply to everyone ....EXCEPT!

FF - that's fantastic news chikkie :dance:

and

Sticky - I really hope the doctors can give you some reassuring answers :hugs:

Urch - I'm so happy to have heard from you and that's lovely that the doctor sneaked in a nice ultrasound so that you and hubby can be at ease knowing eenie is doing good :)

urchin welcome back huni.. Glad you are on the mend and bundle of joy is a ok..

Sticky - every thing crossed hun, hope every thing goes ok tomorrow keep us posted x

lucy xx

lian - what kind of surgery did you have? I like a fresh start....It is an amazing feeling. Sometimes that is all our LTTTCers need.

Gilmore- Mine was borderline also, which is why they put m e on the femara...My RE said though I was ovulating she felt it was weak.

Sticky - so sorry hun :hugs:

Urchin - Oh thank you for logging in I am so happy to hear from you. Sounds like you have had a bit of a time. I am so happy you are on the mend now and that your lil one is strong and doing well.

afm - started my opks today cd10, nothing yet but I dont expect it. Other than that nothing much to report.

Hello my lovelies, just stumbled across this and I thought I would share :flower:

https://www.conceptionkit.co.uk/#movie-clip

IMHO £175 seems quite steep but maybe you can view the instructions online and then just buy softcups and conceive plus and it would work out a fraction of the price! Bit off putting that from what I can gather is your partners :spermy: is 'collected' rather then deposited but I guess if it gets that :bfp: then it would be worth it!

Thanks for the info ff. very interesting. Success rate is 16-25%, but isn't it a 20% chance each month if no fert problems anyway?

Sticky. I really am very sorry that u've had a lot of heart ache with the bleeding. I hope the fs was helpful.

Welcome back urch. Sorry to hear that ur unwell.

Afm. Cbfm must have been right. Surge happened on cd 10/11. Today is cd 14 and I've taken a opk that is very faint. This time next week I'll either be symptomed up to my armpits or contemplating another cycle.

Well come back from my fs appointment and what have I found out?...... Jack shit!!!

My regular fs was off so I had this woman who couldn't have been more unhelpful if she tried. I had to run through my whole history about irregular periods, clomid, m/c as she hadn't read notes

The nurse done a pg test before which is still BFP, she was really nice & helpfull, the fs on the other hand dismissed straight away that it could be another miscarriage she thinks it is left over 'product' (love how she put that) she has put me for a scan and blood test which I'll have to have either tomorrow or tues once the clinic call me. She wouldn't discuss the nxt step about if it is a pregnancy as she is taking it as high levels from before unless the scan shows something up, she wouldn't talk about the next step - clomid prescriptions etc if I wasn't. So frustrating! I got the hump a bit with her and she gave a lecture about how she can't tell me everything as I don't have a medical background and won't absorb all the information so we'll take it a step at a time, she wanted to book me back for 4 months time! I told her I didn't want to wait that long, she advises waiting 3 - 6 months before ttc again!!!! Yeah ok I'm going to wait that long! Staff at the hospital I had my op said as soon as my levels were back down we was good to go, the only reason they say wait for AF is for dating purposes.

So to summarise I know sweet FA and am sitting at home none the wiser, fantastic!

Sticky I am so sorry hun :hugs:

We were told to wait 3 months after our loss and when I told them the guidelines now stated to try as soon as ready they got annoyed with me and said it was their personal opinion!

When is your FS back? Can you not re-book with them?

sorry to hear that SB - I agree with FF, could you not just book back in when your regular FS is back?

How confusing S.B. I would consider complaining. I work for the nhs and sometimes it's about who shouts loudest. Plus the fs needs to know she has a crap bedside manner. I hope u get the scan and there is a sticky bean to shut her up!

MsFX - well is that the earliest you have ever had an positive OPK...I ask only because it happened to me today, cd11.....My dr is thinking that it might be a false positive and to test again tomorrow morning....if I get another positive then wth does that mean? UGH. I am a bit frustrated as you can see. This is my first month on femara and it looks like I if that opk is right that I will ovulate cd 12 or 13???

Sticky - sooooo sorry hun, that is so frustrating. why couldnt she just have the bloodwork done now? I hate that you have to wait.

well like I was saying to FX I am not sure what is going on with me. I got a positive opk today...cd11 which dr seems to think is early and is doubting its vailidity. SO now I have to pay out of pocket for an ultrasound tomorrow to see if in fact all is moving in the right direction. Why cant things just be easy to understand????

Indeed ttc. I wish this ttc lark was as simple as other people expect. It was my cbfm that gave me a peak on cd10 I started opks cd 11 and they are just getting fainter and fainter. I sure hope i ovd cd 12 because I haven't bd since!! My cm and cp was right for OV on cd 10. I have never been so early tho. Can't think why.

Can't you keep pos on opks? To see if that was a dud? R u having ivf or iui this cycle? I just wonder what the point of an ultra sound is if it's just to determine ur OV date u might as well get bding and keep going every other day and keep doing opks. But I'm no dr!!!

I am just doing timed intercourse with the femara. I used the clearblue smiley face one as the dr recommended. You are right I could just go ahead and keep testing. Once I pulled the stick out of the machine, the second line was faint, I will test again tomorrow and see if it gets darker or lighter....maybe it was catching the beginning of a surge....oh who knows. You are right though, if I am not doing IVF or IUI then I could just wait it out...the only thing they really want to see now is my progesterone test which should be about 7 dpo....who knows when that will be as I cant even figure out my ov date...LOL

I hope tomorrow brings u answers ttc. And I hope u don't worry about it and bd today just as a bonus! If it is smiley again tomoro have the bloods in a week. Keep testing tho. Ur body could be trying to OV now but then do it later. I am sure I ovd cd 11/12 tho so it is possible. Xxxx

Thanks guys, will keep you posted on the scan, ive calmed down a bit now, I think I'm quite sure baby sticky has gone so I'm getting my head round that, just want to know now if it is a def m/c or left over hormones from before so we can deal and move on

I agree with mrsfx, ttc I'd just get at it and start bd'ing straight away. That's what me & DH do every month, we never know when I ovulate opk's don't work on me & at my hosp they don't do folli tracking on the nhs so we BD every other night from cd8 - cd21! Exhausting but at least you know if u ovulate your guna get it!

xx

so sorry sticky.....I hate that you are going through this.

I spoke to Dh and he wants me to do the scan. He says lets just follow dr recommendations this first month on the femara and then go from there. Deep down I think he is just as curious as me as to what size my follies are. I have never had a follie scan before...oh well I will let you ladies know what tomorrow brings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->