Anyone LTTTC Number One?

I have about 2 days until I was supposed to go in for beta. I normally get my period around the 19th of every month ... Today I'm 12dpiui so I think it should have at least shown something but there was nothing there. Oh well! Hopefully I can just get this IVF started and we can get pregnant!

pinkfee i haven't posted in this thread for months so you didn't miss a post.- no worries. :flower:
we are taking a break now, going on vacation and possibly going for round two of IVF in August.

ps- Ash IVF isn't that scary. sure the meds are more, sticking yourself with needles and all that but if you think about the fact that depending on your situation and your clinic you get a 40-50% chance of success whereas IUI is tops 25% at best and if you think of the possible end result it's not that bad. we started out for an IUI and when the doc said that considering OH's low motility and lower success rates we might not succeed and since the clomid was making me dizzy and hot i thought i wouldn't want to take pills ever again and took a shot at IVF instead. so starting on the wrong meds might have affected my "egg" quality. so don't be discouraged by my BFN. :hugs:

ps- also i know my doctor didn't do it for the money because we only paid 1700 euros for the whole procedure and he didn't get his fee because we didn't get pregnant.

greekgirl - thanks for the advice. It's not the needles that scare me ... it's the ER. I know I'll be fine but it's just scary. I've done injectables with IUI so the needles are no biggie, thank god because I know I get like 2 shots per day with the protocol that my doctor has me on for IVF.

Ash Great news another one joining us IVFers, Good Luck!!
My drugs are being delivered Thursday getting very excited now, but it is the first time ever I have had a twinge of nerves :) xXx

I have about 2 days until I was supposed to go in for beta. I normally get my period around the 19th of every month ... Today I'm 12dpiui so I think it should have at least shown something but there was nothing there. Oh well! Hopefully I can just get this IVF started and we can get pregnant!

Ash - I'm really hoping IVF is the key for you! I've been rooting you on silently for months! Good luck! :thumbup:

AFM - :witch: Showed up a bit early this cycle so I'm on round 5 of Clomid with Metformin. It's hard watching that refill count tick down each month :cry: PLUS Clomid makes me a raging, sobbing B. It doesn't help that bragbook is BLOWING up with babies! I'm thinking about getting rid of my account. My hubby even said he thought about hiding pics of babies from my feeds to save my sanity, thank goodness he's been so amazing through all of this :flower:

P.S. It's HopinAndPrayin (had to do a name change).

Thanks michy!

AF actually showed up full force about an hour ago so ... I'll be starting IVF protocol on Wednesday.

I'm sorry Ash. I really hoped this was your turn. Good luck with IVF though xx

ickle pand - it's okay! I'm just happy to be starting with IVF already. I'm also just really happy she showed up on time because I ovulated later in the cycle and I thought it was going to mess up AF so ... I'm just grateful that she was on time :)

I really hope we do have lots of successes in here. I get nervous because I do see ladies on here not get their bfp on the first try but ... who knows .... I have to try and stay positive.

We're on the NHS waiting list for IVF too so I know it's a scary but exciting prospect. There's some lovely ladies in the Assisted Conception section with loads of advice and tips :)

ickle pand - yeah I'm part of a lot of the threads over there and a lot of the people are very helpful.

Hey ladies - just checking in......

Kled - Dr might be looking for Pcos....which might be the reason you are not ovulating...so some ovulation inducing drugs might help. Seeing smaller cysts on you ovaries, multiple ones, is a symptom of Pcos....let us know how is all works out.

Ash - fixed for a shy bfp

Greeks - sorry about your failed round...

Hi to all the other ladies....good luck wherever you are in the cycle.....

Arm - starting my 3rd round of femara tonight......I hope 3rd times a charm.

hi everyone been gone from the site a while (life suddenly got busy) and have now been given my 1st re appointmemt for 17th july, anyone please tell me what to expect? Am i likely to have an internal there and then? Should I take the OH, any info/ advice would be great.
Wishing all lots of babydust :)

Kled - Dr might be looking for Pcos....which might be the reason you are not ovulating...so some ovulation inducing drugs might help. Seeing smaller cysts on you ovaries, multiple ones, is a symptom of Pcos....let us know how is all works out.

You're right... He put me on Progesterone to induce AF, and then he will start me on Clomid. I will have an ultrasound as soon as AF shows up. I had a dr diagnose me with PCOS once before, but this new RE said he really doesn't think so. So im anxious to get the ultrasound done to get some answers finally.

So here I am still waiting on AF to show up and you know what is ridiculous... I haven't had AF in so long, I'm not sure if I'm cramping or not! :dohh:

We're on the NHS waiting list for IVF too so I know it's a scary but exciting prospect. There's some lovely ladies in the Assisted Conception section with loads of advice and tips :)

Hope you aren't having to wait too long

I haven't posted in this thread for so long, recognise a few names and I'm sorry to still see you ladies here :hugs:

We're currently going through ICSI, should be starting Injections on Monday so about 2 weeks till egg collection hopefully.
It's our only funded cycle we get on the NHS so keeping everything crossed that we're lucky and it works.

Lots of :dust: to you all x

I have a question about progesterone supplements as this is my first cycle on them. Today I am 13dpiui. I tested this AM and yesterday afternoon, both bfn! I am scheduled to go in for my beta tomorrow, but am thinking the chances are pretty slim I am pg. I have been taking 200mg every night vaginally of Prometrium. I was under the impression that the progesterone would prevent AF from starting!? Have you heard otherwise??

I just talked th the nurse practitioner at my RE's office and she said that there is a chance that my beta tomorrow would be positive even though I have tested two days in a row with hpt and they were negative. She said that the fact that AF hadn't showed up was a good sign! And I asked about progesterone suppressing AF, she said it doesn't always happen... I only take 200mg once a day. Maybe it's not enough to prevent AF?

I kind of feel like they are leading me on and giving me a false sense of hope. Which makes me mad!

What do you think??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->