Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Wannabe, my doctor said no working out or sex for a week post surgery. I had both the lap & hysteroscopy done at the same time. The lap is a little more invasive in that they need to make incisions in your abdomen to see what's going on. For the hysteroscopy they go up through your cervix. I had bleeding for 4 or 5 days, but it wasn't as bad as a period - I think this was due to the hysteroscopy. It's hard to tell what side effects are from which procedure... :)

Thanks wannabeprego. No more surgery planned for me though and I can't have IUI on the NHS as it apparently only helps if there's a male factor, so it's all natural for the next 20 months unless we won the lottery lol!

I really don't mind who's looking around down there - but then I've had so many examinations and treatments now I'm pretty jaded to it all. I've found that male doctors can be more sympathetic than female ones, but maybe that's just the doctors I've met. Just remember that they're professionals and have someone chaperoning you and I'm sure you'll be fine :)

I was shakey at first about a male dr, but I figured he was a professional so I should just get over it. I didn't have a choice anyways since I was seeing him on an emergency basis when I was having my miscarriage.

i had a male consultant doing my hsg on tuesday, when I first heard it was going to be a man I felt a bit embarrased but as soon as it was time for the procedure I forgot all about that

afternoon ladies, quick update from my HSG yesterday.

not sure if my tubes are blocked as my canal is very narrow that they couldn't even get through so will have to have surgery as he thinks this may be way we can't conceive. basically he says that he could of poked around all day and not got anything through which is always nice to hear!!

So my tubes may still be blocked we just can't check yet :shrug:

lol don't doctors have a lovely way of putting things! when i was having a scan on the last IVF cycle... one doctor said 'you have a very small ovary for your age' in a very dismissive tone!... well i could have said several unpleasant things about him... there's no need to be rude!?!

Well at least you might have found the reason you're having problems... and i hope it puts you on to the path of that BFP!

Wannabe - good to see you hun. Glad work is going well and good on ya for getting made permanent and a payrise! :thumbup: The girls have already said it but i've mostly had male doctors do my procedures, over here in the UK you kind of don't get a choice really, unless your paying privately. And I do find that sometimes they are more sympathetic than their female counterparts! Good luck and hope you find a nice one that your comfortable with.

xx

Hi All!

Hey Amy - Well at least you know what may be the problem may be now hun? When did they say they are looking at surgery?

Ickle - well done with the weight loss! Glad you are now on the IVF list, sorry its going to be a while hun!

Wannabe - :hi: welcome back! Glad work is going really well! I know what you mean i was and am not that comfortable with a male doctor, however i have kind of got to the point although its not the best if it gets us our little buddle of joy i will do what ever it takes

Hope every one else is ok ?

Lucy xx

I don't have a lot of time right now to catch up but wanted to let you girls know that I start the lupron tonight and then stims on day 1 of my period which should come in about 7 days ...

ickle - well isnt that the good the bad and the ugly.....Sorry that wait is so long, but the good news is in the meantime with all these tests they might be able to find out that there is some simple problem that can be fixed. I hope so! good luck hun!

Wannabeprego - I am not comfy with a male either....My RE is a female and I love love love her....I understand why you would want to find another female. I had a hysterscopy done in March to remove a fibroid that was protruding into the uterus and I really felt ok afterward...the worse part I found was the GA. Pain -wise I didnt need to take anything.

Gilmore - I hope they get to the bottom of this soon. Please keep us up to date. What will they do now?

Ash - good luck hun, let us know how you are doing!

afm - I HAVE TO TEST TOMORROW...I hate testing...I hate negatives but I have to know whether to get off of the progesterone or not. I am so sick of negatives....My DH said how will you know it will be negative and my response was....after 3 years of negatives....It is all you know. Anyway, I need to positive vibes ladies....negative or positive, I just need to learn to handle it whatever the outcome!

Good luck ttcbaby117! I know how you feel! Almost two years of ttc and never had a BFP! After so long you just expect to see a BFN! I will be right behind you with my beta on Tuesday! Let's start the bfp's coming!!!! :)

thanks TLM - yes you are right lets start the BFP's....I have this test staring at me...LOL....and I keep giving it the Bird!!!! hahahahahah

Thanks for the warm welcome back ladies!!! I have missed all of you lovely girls!! :flower:

Thanks for sharing your experiences with male DR's vrs female DR's. Everyone made pretty good points. :thumbup: For now I am trying to keep calm and continue with my appointment at the end of the month despite him bein a male DR. I am hoping that once I meet this guy I will feel at ease and will like him, and that I am making it out to be worse in my head than it really is going to be!!!! I have a tendency to overthink things and freak out more than I should.

@TTCbaby117, Good luck and baby dust to you!!! I hope you get your BFP!!! :dust::dust:

@Ash, good luck and baby dust to you to for this cycle!!!! :dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/good_luck-8.gif

Wannabe, my doctor said no working out or sex for a week post surgery. I had both the lap & hysteroscopy done at the same time. The lap is a little more invasive in that they need to make incisions in your abdomen to see what's going on. For the hysteroscopy they go up through your cervix. I had bleeding for 4 or 5 days, but it wasn't as bad as a period - I think this was due to the hysteroscopy. It's hard to tell what side effects are from which procedure... :)

Yeah, I have the option to do them both at the same time as well, and my old DR suggested I do them together so that I would only need to be sedated once with the anethesia. It is probably better to just do them both and just get it over with once and for all.

Part of me was putting it off because I was scared of surgery, but the other reason was because we didnt have that much $$ saved to cover the out of pocket expenses from the surgery, but now we have a decent amount saved and I am working so we should be able to afford the surgery, my health insurance should cover most of it and my deductible is satisfied this year so i need to take advantage of that as well.

Were you you in alot of pain after your surgery? How bad were your scars on your belly afterwords?

I had my gladd bladder out about 2 years ago and they removed it through laparascopy , i was very soar for the first several days , but pain medicine is a god send!!

Wannabeprego - I am not comfy with a male either....My RE is a female and I love love love her....I understand why you would want to find another female. I had a hysterscopy done in March to remove a fibroid that was protruding into the uterus and I really felt ok afterward...the worse part I found was the GA. Pain -wise I didnt need to take anything.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me!!:flower: What does GA stand for? I am glad that you didnt have any pain really, that makes me feel better about my upcoming surgery!!

Wannabe, I didn't find the recovery bad at all. I didn't take any of the pain or nausea pills after, just Advil for a few days and even that wasn't every 4-6 hours. The belly scars are not bad but they show more than I thought they would... They go in through your belly button (which you can't see at all) and then depending on what they find, they make an incisin about 1/2" long on either side of your pubic bone about an inch below your pubic hairline. O e of mine is hardly visible now, but the other one is still reddish/purple, maybe it will get better with time?!

Surgery was not my first choice and I was really nervous because I have never been put under, but now I wish I would have done it sooner! Overall it want too bad! I would say the worst part for me was the gas afterward, but it won't be any worse than what you experienced for you gallbladder!

@TLM, thanks for sharing your experience!! It doesnt sound so bad!!! I have decent scars from my gall bladder surgery but they are in a different location, they went in through my belly button and u cant see the scars from that, but the 2 scars on the left middle side of my belly are easy to see. the biggest scar is at the top center of my belly, but that is where they had to pull out my gall bladder and they had 2 make the incision longer to pull it out, it was enlarged with stones. After the surgery it hurt to stand up, cough and laugh. My belly was very soar, and I was walking hunched over for a few days on strong pain meds, But what you are describing doesnt sound half as bad as my gall bladder surgery!!

Wannabeprego I just wanted to say that I had my laparoscopies years ago and I have to really hunt to find the two scars either side of my belly now. I did put oils and creams on them to help reduce scaring which maybe helped.

Hi All!

Hey Amy - Well at least you know what may be the problem may be now hun? When did they say they are looking at surgery?

Well the consultant doing the HSG said that they would send all the results to Dr Lloyd who is my FS and he/she (we havent met yet) will decide on the surgery but I'm not back there until 18th September so I have a long wait to find out.

Wannabeprego - GA is general anesthesia.

Afm - bfn this morning....I will come off the femara and see what the RE has in store for me now.

Sorry for the bfn ttc.

Wannabe good to see u back!

I love my male dr. Ive always found men explain things more & come up with an action plan. The last time i went he was off and i had a woman dr. She was sooo rude & made me feel like i was wasting her time. Ive asked not to have her again! You also always have a female nurse in the room when they do anything. - i bet youll be pleasantly suprised!

xx

thanks Sticky - I hope the RE has a wonderful plan for me.....I need some inspiration!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->