Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Wannabeprego - GA is general anesthesia.

Afm - bfn this morning....I will come off the femara and see what the RE has in store for me now.

Sorry about the BFN!!:hugs::hugs::hugs: Good luck with your next cycle!! :dust::dust:

I have been testing too and I got a BFN this morning sigh.. I know my AF is coming because my face is full of pimples, i have cramps and have been craving junk food. Yesterday i had a Reeses Pieces sundae and it was so delicous, I was in heaven eating it!! LOL.. All tell tale signs the :witch: is on her way. But after almost 3 years of LTTC I know I am not getting a BFP without jumping through 20 more hoops and spending a ton of $$ on infertility treatments!!! sigh....:wacko: otherwise it would be way to easy!

wannabe - I know how you feel....3 years is about that same time for me.....I dont know how much for of this I can take...in fact...when I think its been 3 years I cant believe how I have endured it....

I got bad news today. My insurance company didn't approve the IVF cycle (the finance department at my doctors office was WAY behind) ... they want us to do 2 more IUI cycles with injectables so that's what we're doing. We're not prepared to pay out of pocket of about $15k when they will cover it if we do 2 more IUI cycles without success so ... IUI it is .. FX'd one of them works and I won't even have to do the IVF at all.

I have mixed feelings about it .. I'm a little relieved that I don't have to do 3 shots and day and what not but I'm more sad than anything because I just want to be pregnant already.

I'm officially 1 week post IUI #5 today and have absolutely ZERO bb soreness. Zero. Nothing. AND the FS can't see us for follow up until Aug 22. Lame. So! Sounds like at least 1-2 cycles off coming my way.

My Question is: if you're paying totally out of pocket (like me) how many IUIs would you try before you save up for IVF? Like how many would you do before you're satisfied it really won't work for you?

And an open letter to unexplained infertility: why can't you just give us an answer or something to fix! I need some help here throw me a bone!!!!

Ash, a couple more IUIs are totally worth it though to get IVF covered!

ttc & wannabe - sorry you've got bfn :-( fx for next cycle...

Fisher - have you done 5 or 6 iui's? I think you've given a really good shot hun, has fs said any thing about what they think hun? X

lucy x

I'm officially 1 week post IUI #5 today and have absolutely ZERO bb soreness. Zero. Nothing. AND the FS can't see us for follow up until Aug 22. Lame. So! Sounds like at least 1-2 cycles off coming my way.

My Question is: if you're paying totally out of pocket (like me) how many IUIs would you try before you save up for IVF? Like how many would you do before you're satisfied it really won't work for you?

And an open letter to unexplained infertility: why can't you just give us an answer or something to fix! I need some help here throw me a bone!!!!

How much is the difference between IVF and IUI where you are? as i think that would factor into my decision. The FS that I had on my first cycle of IVF when they told us that IUI wasn't covered by the NHS in our area in the UK, he didn't have a good opinion of IUI's but as never having tried it, I can't give you a definite answer.... but if you've given it 5 go's on the IUI and its still not working, maybe it is worth it to save up for IVF?

We've done 5, 4 with clomid (in my signature) the cost difference is IUI is about $300 (except those cycles that I didn't get a positive OPK has we had to add in bloodwork and ultrasound to the tune of an additional $350). And I'm in the US and my insurance doesn't cover any of it : IVF would be approximately $10,000-$15,000 -- but I haven't actually gotten a quote from the FS yet as our follow up is late August.

gosh - IUI is a lot more expensive than that over here ... some friends of mine were doing it and it was costing well over £1,000 per go!

Wow thats a huge difference in price! I can now see the dilemma... such a difficult choice. I would probably leave doing another IUI until I could chat with the FS and find out prices and ask for statistics on the success rates of doing more cycles of IUI. A lot of women in the UK just use clomid on its own, have you considered just doing that option for a while?

Not sure if i've posted this before in this thread, but even though I miscarried after my first cycle of IVF i have nothing but positives to say about doing it, its the only time I have ever had a BFP. However maybe have a look at a few of the ladies comments in the assisted conception section of bnb as there is plenty of ladies on there that IVF hasn't been as successful, so before you make the huge decision of saving up that much money maybe talk to people from either side of the IVF fence.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

hi all,

I joined a few weeks ago and I haven't posted much. Sorry for everyone getting their bfn's :(

I'm going through a low phase at the moment. I'm so so so impressed at you lot on here getting the motivation to go through it all.

my follow up fs appointment has now been moved from September to October :(

Hello can i join in with you ladies?

I am currently LTTC my first.

I got married in sept 09 and have been ttc since april 2010 after having very irregular and hardly any af's I was put on met and clomid from Nov11 then in Feb12 got my first ever BFP but this sadly ended in MMC in April 12! After I was prescribed the meds the fertility clinic lost their funding and closed so I am just in the process of being re-reffered to another hospital and basically starting all over again :growlmad:

I am currently not taking any meds and AF's have started to become irregular again....currently cd36 no af and bfn :cry:

Sorry Gilmore that its been moved on by a month, did they tell you why it had been moved?

Timeforababy - sorry your having a low point, we've all been there....i think what has helped me move on is letting go of the plans you've made of when you were going to have a baby... i had it all sorted in my head i was getting married aged 28 and was going to have a baby age 30, i'm now 32 and hopefully through IVF getting that one step closer, but you have to relinquish those preconceived ideas and realise that a lot of it is out of your control. When I was just actively trying, we'd do a new thing each month like try a different vitamin supplement or use conceive plus or temp or use OPKs... they can all help to keep the motivation going.... hang in there.

Hi JFG - welcome :flower: sorry for your loss, hope you manage to get referred again soon.

AFM - got my day 9 scan tomorrow so keeping everything crossed that i've got lots of lovely eggs waiting to be collected.

ash - Sorry about the insurance coverage issue. My insurance company requires 3 medicated iui's before the doctor can seek preapproval for IVF coverage (for people under 35) so my three cycles of clomid/iui were enough. I can't believe they are making you do 6 total. I do think it is worth it to get the coverage for ivf, but I don't think it is fair.

Hi All

How is every one?

Amy - So sorry your appointment has been moved :-( i know how frustrating it is, did they say why they have changed your appointment?

Timeforababy - Sorry your having a bad time hun ((( BIG HUGS )))

JFG - Welcome to the group hun! arghhh im sorry that you have to start all over again i can imagine it is really frustrating :-( have they said how long you will have to wait?

Pink - Good Luck for tomorrows scan and keep us informed about those lovely eggs :)

AFM - we are waiting for AF to arrrive then calling the clinic for our IVF she should show her ugly face around wednesday or thursday (i still hope she doesn't turn up at all) but we will see hey ! :)

Lucy xx

notoptimistic - yeah it's definitely not fair .. I mean I'm very blessed and grateful that I do have the coverage however, it seems a little crazy since the odds go down after 4 I thought ... ?

well apparently its because the consultant is on personal leave until 3rd September so her appointment book has been bumped a month but I have given the go ahead for my lap and dye which will be done sometime when Dr lloyd returns

notoptimistic - yeah it's definitely not fair .. I mean I'm very blessed and grateful that I do have the coverage however, it seems a little crazy since the odds go down after 4 I thought ... ?

I think your odds are the same for every IUI. It's just statistically speaking less likely after X number of IUIs. Well. I had IUI. # 5 this month do I'll keep you posted ;-) in the thick of the TWW around these parts. I think 10dpiui today? 11 in the morning.

ash - When my doc reviewed our options with us after our third iui, he went through the statistics and he did say that clomid/iuis have a success rate of 10-15 % and he felt that the 15% was overstated so more likely closer to 10%, even for people in a good prognostic group (under 35, otherwise healthy). For injectable/iuis he said the rate of sucess was 15-20% and, again, he believes the higher number is overstated so it is more like 15%. I recall him also showing a graph indicating just what you said in your post about a drop off in successful iui's after a few have failed. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of insurance companies here in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->