Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Just a quick update because my phone battery is away to die. We got a letter today from the assisted conception unit to confirm our place on the list and that it had been backdated etc. It also said that the current waiting time is 30-33 months (the consultant said roughly 3 years) so our estimated start date is October 2013, rather than March 2014. I know this could change but being before the new year makes it feel so much closer. Of course I'm hoping I get pregnant this cycle and have my baby by then :)

@Ickle, That's great news!! I hope the time goes by fast for you well you are waiting, or you get your BFP first!!!:dust::dust:Looking on the bright side, I know it feels like a long time, but at least you know that one day your IVF will be covered if you need it!! I am in the USA and I dont have any coverage for the infertility treatments, so if my IUI and clomid doesnt work after my surgery than i would have to save up $$ for many years, the cost ranges from about 10k to 17k depending on different factors!! I would be thrilled if it was going to be paid for even if i had to wait years to get it paid for!!! :thumbup:

AFM, I was able to get the time off for my surgery from work with out any problems. I just said that my DH and I were going out of town for the labor day holiday weekend and were going on vacation. I didnt have to get into the surgery and my infertility stuff, thank goodness. I would rather keep that information private and avoid comments and gossip from co workers.

Other than that I have a 4 day weekend and I am off tomorrow and Monday. MY DH and me were supposed to go up north to visit my family at my in laws camp that they have on a lake this weekend, but due to my upcoming expenses with my pending surgery and IUI we are in a savings mode and are putting away as much money as possible. We are trying to avoid extra expenses and traveling 8 hours drive alaways ends up costing alot. I feel bad about not going to see my family, but I am not getting any younger, and time is not on my side, since i put off this surgery and infertility stuff for too long now!! I have to make it a priority and get it started!!

Yeah we are so lucky to get it funded. Especially as in this area we get 3 full cycles, some areas only get 1. It's definitely worth the wait. If we want, we could self fund while we wait and that wouldn't stop us getting NHS funded cycles but it would reduce the number, so if we pay for one, we'll get 2 free. We're going to wait till after our 3 freebies before we decide if we want to save for a 4th, unless we win the lottery lol!

Hello Everyone i hope you are well, I haven't been on here for ages so haven't managed to read everything but seen the last few pages.

Congratulations Fisher, Pink and AEL H&H 9 months

AFM I sae my consultant on the 17th of July and he has referred me to another hospital for assisted conception so hopefully they will help me, I have also just got back from Marmaris, Turkey and we had such a brilliant time xx

Hello everyone!!
I haven't been on these boards in such a long time, so I thought why not start here.

Im Kisha, 28 and DH is 30. We have been TTC#1 for 3 years now (on cycle 33).
I have PCOS w Insulin resistance, and as far as we know, that is all we are struggling with. Finally got a referral, and after looking over everything, and hearing things from me, they decided for now best course of action is Clomid, which I start next cycle.

I wish everyone luck on their quest for #1

Hello everyone!!
I haven't been on these boards in such a long time, so I thought why not start here.

Im Kisha, 28 and DH is 30. We have been TTC#1 for 3 years now (on cycle 33).
I have PCOS w Insulin resistance, and as far as we know, that is all we are struggling with. Finally got a referral, and after looking over everything, and hearing things from me, they decided for now best course of action is Clomid, which I start next cycle.

I wish everyone luck on their quest for #1

Welcome to the group!!:flower: Fingers crossed for you that clomid does the trick for you and that you get your BFP soon!!! Good luck and baby dust to you!!!:dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Welcome-Sign.jpg

Hi All,

Hopin - Hoping Femara works for you and gives you a BFP!

Ickle Pand - Glad its coming together for you with the IVF, not to long at all it will fly by, it did for us!

Tasha - How your appointment went well hun!

Wanabe - Sounds like a good plan, hope this gets you your BFP!

NGridley - Welcome to the group hun, good luck with you the clomid on your next cycle!

AFM - Getting our meds on friday for the start of our IVF, so counting down the days until friday :)

Lucy x

@Tasha, Good luck with the assistde conception appointment, hopeully you can get a course of treatment planned out so you can get your BFP, good luck and baby dust to you!!:dust::dust::dust::dust:

@Lucy, good luck with your IVF cycle!! Fingers crossed that one cycle gets you your BFP!!! Tons of baby dust to you!!!!!!:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Good luck Lucy.

Hi NGRidley, hope your stay is short.

:dust: to everyone.

Got some more good news today -

I'm not long off the phone with one of the sisters from the Fertility clinic. Because I didn’t ovulate last cycle, the consultant has agreed that I can get clomid to help me, but with me already having the appointments to re-do the tests with me off of the NSAID’s (starting this Saturday), we’ve made the appointment for the end of the month so that I have plenty time to cancel it if I do ovulate on my own and a plan of action for if I don't. I’m really excited that I’ve got a plan A, plan B and plan C now. Seems like things are starting to slot into place.

Haven't update in a while because I've just been kinda sad about TTC since my IVF cycle got cancelled and I have no hope with IUI but this morning I had my 5th IUI so now I wait 14 days and then if AF doesn't show pregnancy test. I don't really have much faith that it's going to work but I have to get through this one and one more before IVF.

If it works I will be very shocked but I'm not getting my hopes up to get crushed. Been there done that.

I hope everyone else is doing great and staying positive. I'm going to stay off BNB most likely during this TWW. I might come peek and see how people are doing but mostly I'm going to stay away, it's just easier.

:hugs: Ash, the TWW sucks. Everytime I get my hopes up that this might be the one. I totally understand the need to protect yourself. I hope you get a lovely surprise in 2 weeks time.

Haven't update in a while because I've just been kinda sad about TTC since my IVF cycle got cancelled and I have no hope with IUI but this morning I had my 5th IUI so now I wait 14 days and then if AF doesn't show pregnancy test. I don't really have much faith that it's going to work but I have to get through this one and one more before IVF.

If it works I will be very shocked but I'm not getting my hopes up to get crushed. Been there done that.

I hope everyone else is doing great and staying positive. I'm going to stay off BNB most likely during this TWW. I might come peek and see how people are doing but mostly I'm going to stay away, it's just easier.

Oh Ash :hugs: I really really hope it works for you. It can work I just really hope it does :hugs: I had 100% zero hope for my 5th IUI and was actually suspecting the doctor gave up and didn't even put it in there cause it was taking so long. I'll be thinking of you. I'm totally proof you don't need optimism or a positive attitude cause I gave up before it started.

fisher - thanks for the encouragement and letting me know it's okay to feeling so negative. As OH and I were leaving the house this morning I said to him, alright lets go waste our time and he was like stop it but it's like ... that's really how I feel ... I just have to do this for my insurance company but if it does work ... hallelujah!

I have a total negative attitude and I'm really hoping that maybe since I'm not getting my hopes up so much I'll get a surprise. I'm having cramps today and I'm sure it's because I'm ovulating so I'm going to lay down right now ... thanks again girls for the support!

Hello Everyone i hope you are well, I haven't been on here for ages so haven't managed to read everything but seen the last few pages.

Congratulations Fisher, Pink and AEL H&H 9 months

AFM I sae my consultant on the 17th of July and he has referred me to another hospital for assisted conception so hopefully they will help me, I have also just got back from Marmaris, Turkey and we had such a brilliant time xx

Ooo not quite yet for me, i'm testing wed so keep those fingers crossed!
Great news on the apt, I really hope they are able to help and i'm so glad you had a lovely holiday.

ickle- great news! so many plans, its so good to have options when so often us ltttc-ers don't have any! well done.

Ash - i totally get the pessimism in the tww aswell! but you never know and how great it would be if it does work and you don't have to go through IVF.... i understand staying off bnb as well... just do whatever you need to.

OOO Pink so exciting :) How is everything going?

Ickle, I am so chuffed everything is going to plan - fingers crossed you won't need to wait until next year as you will be pregnant by then :)

wannabe - glad you managed to get the time off of work :flower:

So I have been AWOL from the main threads for the last few months and just sticking to my journal. The short story is that DH has suffered a major accident and is awaiting an op on his testicle so we are sadly out of trying until next year :( My body is not doing a great job of recovering from MMC/D&C and I am spotting on and off - no idea what is a period and what isn't :( Trying to be positive, but it is very hard and I am struggling knowing that we are back to square one :(

I've been married to my husband for over 12 years and we started TTC about 3 years ago, after 2 years of no success, we started ruling out any problems. I had an HCG in November, no problems, & I ovulate every month very regularly. We were referred to urologist to check out my husband and found that he had low sperm count and low motility but good shape, so they referred us to fertility clinic for IUI. When we met with the doctor at the fertility clinic, we told him all of this (and he had all of our records) but still said we would be perfect candidates for IUI. He prescribed me Letrozole and the Ovidrel trigger shot and we did our 1st IUI on Saturday (8/4/12). I was so excited all the way there, but when the nurse got ready to do the IUI, she said my husband's count was too low and the motility was too low, so it would likely not be in our best interest to go through with IUI, we needed IVF. I was so upset because his motility was actually higher this weekend than it was previously and if it was too low on Saturday, why did they make us go through all of this in the 1st place. We went ahead and did it, but we had to sign some paperwork showing she went over the low numbers and the probability of it not working. So frustrated, as I know everyone in this group is!

Ickle Pand - Really happy you have a Plan A. B and C :)

Pink - Every thing crossed for you hun, Wednesdya is not that far away :)

Ash - Its really hard, but like Fisher says you never know hun this could be your time...

FF - Welcome back hun, (((BIG HUGS))) It must be very frustrating, did you say OH op was in October?

Lucy xx

Hi MG - Welcome to the thread, im sorry to hear about what your going through, they dont make it easy for us do they? You never know this could just work, just remember it only needs one....

Are you in the UK?

Lucy x

Thanks ladies. It's good to be able to share some good news rather than bad.

Feisty, sorry that you're taking a while to recover from the MMC. Maybe it's a good thing that TTC is out for a few months so that you can get fighting fit again. I hope DH is ok and that his op goes well. That must've been so worrying for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->