Anyone LTTTC Number One?

I've been married to my husband for over 12 years and we started TTC about 3 years ago, after 2 years of no success, we started ruling out any problems. I had an HCG in November, no problems, & I ovulate every month very regularly. We were referred to urologist to check out my husband and found that he had low sperm count and low motility but good shape, so they referred us to fertility clinic for IUI. When we met with the doctor at the fertility clinic, we told him all of this (and he had all of our records) but still said we would be perfect candidates for IUI. He prescribed me Letrozole and the Ovidrel trigger shot and we did our 1st IUI on Saturday (8/4/12). I was so excited all the way there, but when the nurse got ready to do the IUI, she said my husband's count was too low and the motility was too low, so it would likely not be in our best interest to go through with IUI, we needed IVF. I was so upset because his motility was actually higher this weekend than it was previously and if it was too low on Saturday, why did they make us go through all of this in the 1st place. We went ahead and did it, but we had to sign some paperwork showing she went over the low numbers and the probability of it not working. So frustrated, as I know everyone in this group is!

Welcome to the group!!:flower:

Did you try getting your DH on men's fertility vitamins to try to improve his count and motility? My DH saw improvement on his count and motility and his numbers got high enough so that we could get approved to do IUI. However his first SA was too low, and I believe that the vitmains are the reason why his numbers improved for his second SA.

Here are the vitamins my DH takes, and they have worked for him, and have gotten excellent reiews as well!!:thumbup:I recommend taking a higher dose than recommended to get the numbers to go up faster if there is a shorter period of time that his numbers need to improve in. My DH takes 3 intead of 2 for the dosage.

Fertility Blend for men
https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/fertility-blend-vitamins.html

The website has other vitamins as well, but the ones I mentioned are my personal recommendation just from my own personal experience with them.

Will your DR let you do another SA in a few months to see if maybe vitamins could improve his numbers or it is posible he was having an off day. My DH abstained for the full 4 to 5 days before he had to do his SA as well, i think that may of helped as well. Good luck and baby dust to you!!:dust::dust::dust:

OOO Pink so exciting :) How is everything going?

Ickle, I am so chuffed everything is going to plan - fingers crossed you won't need to wait until next year as you will be pregnant by then :)

wannabe - glad you managed to get the time off of work :flower:

So I have been AWOL from the main threads for the last few months and just sticking to my journal. The short story is that DH has suffered a major accident and is awaiting an op on his testicle so we are sadly out of trying until next year :( My body is not doing a great job of recovering from MMC/D&C and I am spotting on and off - no idea what is a period and what isn't :( Trying to be positive, but it is very hard and I am struggling knowing that we are back to square one :(

@Fiesty, Big hugs to you hun!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs: I am so sorry that you are having a ruff time right now. :hugs:I hope that your DH feels beter soon and that things get better for the two of you guys. :hugs::hugs:

Thanks lovelies :flower:

We aren't exactly sure when his op is going to be. There are complications with GA due to his other health problems - am just trying to enjoy the Summer :)

OOO Pink so exciting :) How is everything going?

So I have been AWOL from the main threads for the last few months and just sticking to my journal. The short story is that DH has suffered a major accident and is awaiting an op on his testicle so we are sadly out of trying until next year :( My body is not doing a great job of recovering from MMC/D&C and I am spotting on and off - no idea what is a period and what isn't :( Trying to be positive, but it is very hard and I am struggling knowing that we are back to square one :(

Thanks FF, good to see you in here if only briefly!

Its going okay (i'm super stressed ill loved ones, too much work to do :-( ) so i'm keeping everything crossed thats its a positive result tomorrow i really need a bit of good news otherwise it might just push me over the edge, the hope is the only thing keeping me going at the moment. feeling very nervous tonight, but am watching the olympics to take my mind off it.

sorry to hear that your body is still confused and really hope your OH's op apt doesn't take too long to come through. :hugs:

Pink - Good Luck for tomorrow... I will be logging on as soon as i can huni!!

Smurfing - When are you testing hun?

Lucy xx

hi ladies...i'm new to this site and we are also TTC#1 (Didn't catch what the L was).

4 failed IUI's and this month we were asked to go on a break to rest my ovaries. So I'm starting BC today and in the mean time researching IVF clinics for the next round. It's been stressful, depressing and frustrating - i'm sure you can relate:(. It's going to be a tough month knowing we won't be able to "try" in any way or form this month.

Trying to find the brighter side of the...Waiting...:coffee:

@Pink, Good luck to you!! :dust::dust::dust:

@babydust, welcome to the group!! Yes, many of us ladies understand your strggle. I am sorry you had 2 take off for a cycle. Fingers crossed you can get back to yourTTC plan soon. :dust::dust:

AFM, I have been having some health problems lately. I have been having really bad dizzy spells that started going back a little over a month ago, and they have started to get worse over the last week or so. I am not sure what is wrong with me, I do have some theories but I cant be totally sure. Of course I am in my 2ww and dizzyness is an early prego symptom, but I haven't gotten anything definate on my HPT's, a few faint positives but they faded, so i didn't trust them. I need to make a DR appointment ASAP but it is hard 2 find the time, and I haven't had a chance to find a good primary care physician here in the new state we moved to yet since the 2 years we have been here, so I have to just pick a random in network DR and hope that I like them. I am really nervous that something is wrong with me and I wont be healthy enough 2 do the surgery, or that I have an illness that could make pregnancy difficult. I am really regretting my decision to put off having a baby , and doing the surgery as long as i have been. Plus I was starting to feel like things were really going good for me and DH, with us both working and moving forward with our plans to have a family. I feel so scared something is going to go wrong, because something always done when things in your life are good right?? :cry:

I am wondering if some of my symptoms are my nerves and just getting anxious about the surgery, because I have had panic attacks in the past. I must admt i am not as skinny as I used to be and working out hasn't been a priority in a while, so I am sure my health has suffered.... sigh...

Welcome baby dust. It must be so hard to have to take cycles off like that. Make sure you take the time to do things you might avoid while TTC like hot baths, having a few glasses of wine etc.

Oh and LTTTC is long term TTC :)

ickle pand & wannabeprego - thanks ladies for the warm welcome.

wannabeprego - I hope you get the courage to make that appointment really soon! What surgery is this? I know it's scary to think about what else is going to be around the corner...but on the other hand...with each new finding you will be one step closer to baby! Hope your 2ww is going well. what day are you on? POAS yet? Hang in there...it's always an anxious time!

ickle pand- you are right...I definitely should consider the brighter side and take advantage of the down time. :) thanks for clarifying the LTTTC :)

Pink, anxiously awaiting results ;)

welcome to the group babydust :flower:

Wannabe I am sorry you are feeling so poorly :( Fingers crossed it is just being generally run down from all your work etc :flower:

Hi Ladies sorry didn't mean to keep you in suspense, i was so busy at work today it was unreal. so i won't keep you waiting any longer!!! tested this morning and there was another line! so yes a BFP!!!!! :cloud9:so happy, need to book a scan for 2weeks so keeping everything crossed that this little one keeps growing, i'm a little bit anxious about what happened last time, but i'm trying not to dwell on the negative... thankfully i've got the rest of the week off so i can enjoy the news and spend time with OH. Think i might do another test tomorrow just to make sure!

Wannabe - sorry your not feeling well, it could well be nerves/stress for the upcoming surgery. see a doctor talk it through and put your mind at rest.

Babydust - welcome to the group - sorry you haven't been successful, this group is a wonderful place, lots of lovely ladies who have been a massive help to me.

Hi Ladies sorry didn't mean to keep you in suspense, i was so busy at work today it was unreal. so i won't keep you waiting any longer!!! tested this morning and there was another line! so yes a BFP!!!!! :cloud9:so happy, need to book a scan for 2weeks so keeping everything crossed that this little one keeps growing, i'm a little bit anxious about what happened last time, but i'm trying not to dwell on the negative... thankfully i've got the rest of the week off so i can enjoy the news and spend time with OH. Think i might do another test tomorrow just to make sure!

Wannabe - sorry your not feeling well, it could well be nerves/stress for the upcoming surgery. see a doctor talk it through and put your mind at rest.

Babydust - welcome to the group - sorry you haven't been successful, this group is a wonderful place, lots of lovely ladies who have been a massive help to me.

Thanks for the well wishes!!:hugs:

Congrats on your :bfp:!!!! H&H 9 months to you!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Frequently%20used%20graphics/CongratsontheBFP.gif

ickle pand & wannabeprego - thanks ladies for the warm welcome.

wannabeprego - I hope you get the courage to make that appointment really soon! What surgery is this? I know it's scary to think about what else is going to be around the corner...but on the other hand...with each new finding you will be one step closer to baby! Hope your 2ww is going well. what day are you on? POAS yet? Hang in there...it's always an anxious time!

ickle pand- you are right...I definitely should consider the brighter side and take advantage of the down time. :) thanks for clarifying the LTTTC :)

The surgeries I have scheduled are a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp from my uterus and a laparascopy to try to unblock one of my possibly blocked tubes. I have some details about it in my signature. My surgery is scheduled on 08/29/12 early morning.

I have been testing and I got what i thought was a faint positive but the line faded so I didnt think I could trust it. Also my boobs have been extermely soar the last few days, in addition to my dizzyness which I am hoping is because I am pregnant and not because of a serious medical condition. My ticker is below in my signature and it shows what cycle day i am on.:thumbup:

:wohoo: Yaaaaaaaay! :wohoo:

Pinky that's brilliant news!
have a fab week off savouring the thought that you are up the duff! xxx

Pink that is awesome! This is it for you my sweet, I can feel it :D

Wannabe - you never know, 13dpo is pretty good to be getting second lines ;) Keeping it crossed hun :hugs:

More spotting for me, I am either CD31, or if I count the last bout of spotting before this I am only, CD13. I seriously have no idea what is going on with my body right now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->