Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Well my test showed no ovulation this cycle so I'm going to the fertility clinic on Sunday to have "the clomid chat". I was quite upset earlier, even though part of me wanted it because it feels like I'm doing something proactive. I'm going to do some googling to find out what to expect.

Ickle, although the side effects aren't great, I am a great fan of Clomid. I too was anovulatory and have fallen pregnant twice with it :flower:

It's actually DHs testicle that has been injured so :sex: has been a no go :( I suggested a sample in the pot and it met with a rather frosty reception :(

@Fiesty, I am so sorry that your DH's injury is causing your TTC efforts to have to be put on hold. Big Hugs to you hun!!! :hugs::hugs: I know it has to be so frustrating after everything you have bee through in your LTTC journey. I hope he feels better soon so the two of you can get back to TTC again!! :hugs:

@Ickle, I am so sorry you didn't ovulate this cycle!!! Big hugs to you hun!!! I am glad you have a plan for your next cycle with the clomid. Good luck to you!! :dust::dust:

AFM, I had my follow up post surgery DR appointment at 11am this morning, and the DR did a vaginal ultrasound. I was still a little nervous about having a male DR even though he also did my surgery as well. The funny thing is that I was sedated before the DR even came in to do the surgery so it didn't even seem like he was ever even in the surgical room. I just reminded myself that the DR has already seen the goodies along with my insides, so no need to be nervous anymore!!! :haha: He also looked at my incisions and felt my stomach, pushed on where my ovaries and everything is to make sure it all was normal, and he said I was healing up good, and that everything looked normal. :thumbup:

So I had my written list of questions for the consult portion of the appointment and I asked him several questions and these were the answers I got:

-He confirmed that I only have mild case of endo.
-Unfortunately the scar tissue can come back over time, and the surgery can also leave scar tissue
-The endo can grow back but the DR says I have about 1 year to TTC after the surgery and for my fertility to be high, before the Endo could grow back
-There is a 5 to10% chance the Endo can grow back
-One way to tell if the Endo has grown back is if I get any cysts or I have alot of pain, these are signs the endo is back
-The only way to prevent Endo from coming back is to take birth control. Or during pregnancy the Endo stops during that time frame, of course I can’t take Birth control because I am TTC right now, :haha:
-The DR recommends 3 cycles of IUI before he would refer us to do IVF. He doesn’t feel anything more than 3 cycles would make sense and if it was going to work for us than it would by the 3rd cycle.
-The DR says we have about a 3 to 5% chance of DH & me getting pregnant on our own through traditional :sex:
-The DR. won’t RX me clomid without pairing it up with IUI at the same time. (Although I already have 50 mg of clomid that I can try on my own if I want to try timed :sex: with the clomid, despite the DR’s objections.)
-The DR thinks we have a 15% chance of pregnancy with IUI and clomid, and the normal success rates for IUI with couples that don’t have low sperm counts is 10% to 20% so our odds aren’t really that different even with DH’s lower sperm count numbers.
-I have an increased risk of tubal pregnancy due to the Endo, scar tissue and the condition of my one tube that had problems with dye flowing through although it did flow through and is open a far as the DR can tell. So that means if I get pregnant that the DR will want to monitor me very close at first to make sure the pregnancy isn’t tubal.. Which is scary to me…. So I am not thrilled about that news

So overall, the appointment went well, and I feel like I got a lot of good info. From the DR, he was very nice and patiently answered all of my questions. DH & I are trying to plan what our next moves are and when we want to do the IUI. The DR would prefer for us to do IVF because there is a success rate of 50% but he knows the costs are a concern for us. The only negative is that every cycle of IUI we pay for will take away from our ability to be able to afford IVF one day. But at the same time the IUI might work, and could save us a lot of $$ if it does, so I need time to think this all over. I think DH just wants to make me happy at this point and will be on board with me however I decide to move forward at this point. I will keep you girls updated on our future plans though. Right now I am trying to pick between doing IUI in October or just using my 50 mg of clomid and timing :sex: on our own.

FF - how's cookie now? Any development? Sorry oh injury still bad and unable to bd :-( I can imagine how frustrating it must be ((hugs))

Ash - sorry for bfn at least things can get moving with IVF now

TTC - welcome back huni :)

Ikle - sorry your not ovulating but at least you have a plan now and I agree with FF side effects are not great but if it works it's worth it x

AFM - nothing new, my appointment next Tuesday can't come quick enough I have a million questions ! Ha x

If anyone wants to follow me as I impatiently test like a crazy women, :wacko:I have a testing thread going in the HPT gallery right now...
:thumbup:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...rascopy-faint-lines-my-ics-new-tests-pg3.html

Thanks for that Fiesty. I'm just trying to think what questions I need to ask. Any suggestions? I've heard that it can dry up your CM but we already have sperm friendly lube so hopefully that'll help.

A testicle injury sounds horrible. Even when he's healed, he'll probably be a bit "gun shy" the first few times. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Oh my what a hard day filled with complete body rash (reactions from flu meds,clomid and estrogen) Jab in the bum and cream later..its still grumpy :cry:

I got to hold a 3 week old littlie tonight! :dance: Hes staying with his mom next door, my neighbour lady is a shrink. mom has sever PND and they r trying to help. Paed diagnosed her little guy with downs 2 weeks ago..to me he is just the most beautiful little guy iv seen in a long time! Got so many cuddles..little glimmer of hope popped up in my mind holding him and i thought every single one of us is waiting for our own little miracles and even tho we dont know when or how they are going to arrive, and right now we are all in hard places with such difficult decisions to make..we ARE going to have them!!! I came home glowing according to DH :blush:

****** Love and babydust *****

well finally got a letter from the hospital, have to go on the 24th September to get some tests done to see if i am fit for surgery which, if everything goes well with the tests, will be 8th October.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all keeping well? :thumbup:

I've been away awhile & had lots to catch up on!:coffee:

Ash - Sorry for your BFN, but as the others said at least you are 1 step closer to IVF now:happydance: Goodluck with it and I hope it brings you your BFP!!!

Ickle - That sucks not ovulating, I didn't ovulate last month, I was so pissed off that we had put all the effort :sex: and it was pointless! hopefully Clomid does the trick for you. I'm on it, last month was my 1st month taking it again, I don't ovulate the 1st month i take it but normally do on the 2nd month, I think it's the build up of it in my system. This time round I've been getting really bad hot flushes but last time I took it I didn't really get many side effects besides the mood swings :muaha:

Lucy - Sorry to hear about your eggs not fertilzing. what is the plan now? do you try again or will you be using donor eggs?

Wannabe - did you talk to your DH about IUI vs IVF?

afm - I am on CD20 today, am going for my progesterone test tonight after work. me & DH have both had terrible colds this last couple of weeks and have soldiered on and :sex: everyother day since CD10. I didn't know if we should through one in for goodluck tonight as have long cycles sometimes(?) I must say it has been the most un romantic sex I have ever had, we've felt so ill we've both been like 'lets just get it over with' no foreplay, no cuddles nothing, I practically shove him off me after! :rofl:

So wish me luck for tonight, I am waiting for the results before I start symptom spotting, although already have a few on my list!:dohh:

xxx

Oh sticky, I remember that kind of :sex: well :flower: Always broke my heart to think that a baby may be conceived through forced, boring sex :(

Amy what is the surgery for hun? x

i think its for a laparoscopy cant remember it was so long ago that it was mentioned briefly over the phone lol

Oh sticky i remember that kind of strumping aswell... not fun and i'm glad we don't have to do it anymore! Good luck for this cycle (as even thou its boring sex, in the end as long as that sperm meets the egg i don't think it matters! i'm sure there was plenty of women over history who laid back and thought of england and still got up the duff!) and hope your colds get better... i've got an awful sore throat and its making me miserable :(

Gilmore - good luck with the apt and surgery

Jenny - so true we will all get there not sure when but we will and it will be worth the wait :)

Amy - glad you have an appointment through :)

Sticky - we have an appointment next Tuesday so we are hoping to get some answers as to where we go from here... How did things go tonight hope tests went ok Hun x as pink says just think of the end result that will get us all through this xx

Pink - how you feeling Hun? Hope every thing is ok x

AFM - we will be back ttc after witch goes you never know we may have a natural miracle?!? :) x

@Gilmore, Glad your surgery has been scheduled. I wish you the best of luck with the surgery and hope it has good results! :hugs:

@Sticky, Fingers crossed that all of the:sex: gets you your BFP this cycle!! Good luck and baby dust to you hun!:dust::dust: I know my DH & me have had :sex: many times just for the sake of trying to get that BFP!!! There have been alot of times when I wasn't even in the mood but I just did it because I was in my fertile window. It is hard not to get to that point though after trying for so long. Although there are still times when DH & me have fun/romantic sex too. :blush: I just remind myself that it will all be worth it one day when we get our BFP.

We are going to do IUI first for a cycle or two, but I haven't decided if we are going to do it in my cycle for October or November, but I will be sure to keep you girls posted once I decide for sure.

@SA, I hope you feel better and that your rash clears up soon!! :hugs: That is so so sweet that you got to hold a new born baby. Good luck and baby dust to you too hun!!! :dust::dust:

Thanks Lucy apart from a cold i'm doing okay, sickness is better thankgod, although there are moments i still succumb! Just waiting for my next scan which should be in two weeks, a little nervous about it if i'm honest.

Hope the apt goes well on tues and you get answers to your questions and good luck for the natural ttc.. in this game you never know! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Sorry ladies, been so busy and trying not to freak out as per usual! Originally had HSG scheduled for 9/7 but upon arriving at the hospital, was told everything doctors office told me was wrong! Rescheduled and had HSG on 9/12. Let me tell ya, that was TERRIBLE! I was told all was fine and tubes were clear but it hurt so bad I figured there had to be something going on! Hubby is scheduled for seminanalysis 9/22 and AF due to arrive 9/30. As always, trying to stay positive and hoping there may have been tiny blockage that went unseen! Here's to hoping AF stays away!

Lordy I think my OPK is positive or pretty dam close to it.. WTH is goin on:dohh:..

I just did the OPK tonight, and it should be even darker tomorrow if I am really OV'ing, and than in that case my cycle ticker is way off and god only knows what the hell all of these faint second lines have been on my IC's... My theory is that the IC's are cheap shit and unreliable if the lines are faint... Wow, do I ever feel silly if I a OV'ing now.. Normally my cycle is much easier to figure out but because of the surgery and all of the crazy spotting I had this cycle I got so confused. And than I had what thought was a positive OPK early in my cycle.. SOooooo confusing... DH & me had :sex: lastnight so we timed things perfect if I am OV'ing and we will have :sex: again tonight, and Sunday as long as my OPK stays positive. :thumbup:

Here is my OPK...

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC08361_zpscffe9f5a.jpg

Later on as my OPK sat it started to look negative though, so that makes me think it isn't a true positive just yet... lordy this cycle is bananas!!!:dohh::wacko:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC08365_zps91a1dccf.jpg

Here is my chart as well... I added in when i thought I had the positive OPK earlier in my cycle, Fertility Friend didnt do that, and I might take it off if my OPK's turn positive for sure over the next few days.

What do you girls think? Any thoughts?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3eaa8f/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back