Anyone LTTTC Number One?

I'm baking too wannabe ;)

Bad news with the vet. Cookie is still limping really badly and he has said that as the joint slides out with little manipulation, an op is going to be needed once she's matured :cry:

I hate putting her through General, and we were led to believe that having the minor surgery would pretty much fix it, with a small risk of the future op being needed. Kind of feel like they conned us out of £300 :(

FF - So sorry to hear that she needs to get the other surgery. I know exactly how you feel about being conned out of money by the bet. When we bright Rupert in the other day the doctor jumped right to X-ray. Didnt even ask questions or anything. Made us so mad and were really non confrontational so it's like we don always like to speak up about things. Anyways Im sorry you feel that way :hugs:

@Fiesty, I am so sorry that Cookie is going to need surgery and that you felt like the vet was trying to take advantage to make more $$ off you guys. :hugs::hugs: I hope that the surgery is pain free for your pup and low cost, and that your poor dog has a quick recovery!!! :hugs: :hugs:

So I was doing some research online and comparing the costs of IVF & ICSI if my DH & me traveled further out of state because the cost of the procedure at my current fertility clinic is $8,600.00 and I started looking at clinics close to my home town that I grew up in, and I found a clinic that would do IVF & ICSI for about half of the cost as my current fertility office. Plus since I have family up there I could travel home for a visit and stay with family well I am going through the IVF procedure and not have to pay for hotel/food costs well I am up there. So we can afford this clinic and I was super excited when I found this option.:happydance: 1 round of IVF with ICSI included is $4,500.00 and a second round of IVF is $6,000.00 at the other clinic close to my home town. :thumbup:

My only worry is that I am still waiting to see what my out of pocket costs will be for my surgery bills after my health insurance gets done processing them!! I am hoping it won't be that much money or else it will take away from our ability to be able to afford our IVF. The out patient surgical center bill before my insurance pays is 24,000.00 right now, so I am praying my health insurance covers the majority of the bill and that the facility has to write off some of the costs since they are supposed to be in network with my insurance. Ugghh... :wacko:

Well, My OPK is getting darker again this morning, not positive just yet, but getting close to it:dohh:.. so I am going to make sure DH & me have :sex: at some point today and also over the next few days. I will keep doing my OPK's to see if they turn positive over the next few days, and if so than it will confirm that I haven't ovulated like I thought I did earlier in my cycle... my cycle is soooo crazy this month since the surgery....:wacko:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC08075.jpg

I really hope if I don't get my BFP this cycle, that my October cycle will be back to normal again, so it will easier to figure out again,:thumbup: and I will be fully healed up since the surgery...

Hi ladies,

How was everyones weekend? It was very long for me without being able to get online...seems my laptop does not like da mouse..so we toss it aside :)

CD15 today, we were meant to BD last night but have bn under alot of stress with staff etc..so it didnt happen..instead i snored off (romantic i know hehe) . We did BD on CD13 and i will make sure it happens again tonight..so hopefully we have caught the O. My ob seems to think i will definately O on CD14 but as we all know..nothing is in concrete. I get lots of twinges still even today..so hoping ill still catch it :)

All this talk of baking... i am very much in the mood for chocolate sumthing...maybe ill try out the pumpkin and choco cake mix trick. Will buy some pumpkin and cook it myself for recipe. We arent as lucky in this country to get things in cans etc like that. *sigh*

Wannab - Hows ur opk's looking by now? If this cycle doesnt work, ill be doing the very same surgery as u. We hold thumbs and pray it all works.

Feisty - am sorry to hear ur pup still isnt well..I know all too well about vets sucking our pockets dry! i have 16 cats, 2 dogs, 2 chickens and a bunny. My vet just looks at me skew and i pull the "is it neccessary and what will it cost" line .. I think its the easy way out line for them without too much effort. Very sad.. Feel better (hugs)

Have a lovely day ladies. LOOOOOOTS of babydust! xxxx

Quick update and then I'm going to lay down. Will respond to other people later.

So after being strong and not testing for 14 days! I actually waited this time and didn't waste pregnant tests it was a :bfn: A little upset but not too much because I had already had 5 IUI's that failed so the odds of this one working .... I didn't think was that great. Anyways, I will be starting my first IVF cycle in about 21 days. I'm on down reg protocol so I start lupron on CD 21 and then I guess the Gonal F and menopur after I get my period which should be about 7 days after lupron so CD 28 ... ER and ET at the end of October.

:hugs: for the BFN Ash. They're never fun to see. At least you can move on once AF starts. (I'm still holding out hope that your AF doesn't start and that you've got a late implanter)

AFM - I haven't posted here in a while. I'm doing more progesterone testing this cycle to see if last months ov was a fluke or not. Cd21 (Friday) results showed an increase but not high enough, so it's being repeated tomorrow. If I don't ov this cycle, then I'll get clomid next cycle. Part of me wants it, so that I can do something proactive but we'll just have to wait and see.

Well AF did show .. about an hour after I tested. Really didn't feel like she was coming but I'm having back cramps and she's definitely here.

@Ash, sorry about the BFN & the :witch: crashng the party!! Big hugs to you hun!! :hugs::hugs: I have everything crossed for you that the IVF will bring you your BFP finally!!! :dust::dust:

@SA, My OPK's continue to be dark, even though they haven't gone positive yet. I am not sure what is going on with my cycle this month yet, yestrday I got a faint line on my IC HPT's but it is still so early, and I don't trust them, I always get faint lines on my IC's and AF still crashes the party. I am having a hard time being patient this cycle, and it is going by so slow right now.. ugghhh...Good luck with you surgery!!

Sorry to hear that Ash but yay for finally being able to start IVF.

Wannabe - I think I've asked you this before but in case I haven't, do you test your OPK's and HPT's at the same time? Apparently if they touch it can cause false positives on the HPT and possibly even if theyre dipped in the same sample. If you do normally test them at the same time, make sure you test the HPT first so you know it's a "clean" result.

Sorry to hear that Ash but yay for finally being able to start IVF.

Wannabe - I think I've asked you this before but in case I haven't, do you test your OPK's and HPT's at the same time? Apparently if they touch it can cause false positives on the HPT and possibly even if theyre dipped in the same sample. If you do normally test them at the same time, make sure you test the HPT first so you know it's a "clean" result.

Thanks for the advice hun. :flower: I will be sure to be careful of this next time I test!!! :thumbup:

When will you test Ickle??? I see you are in your 2WW based on your ticker.

Well I'm getting my progesterone levels checked tomorrow, which will hopefully confirm if and when I ovulated. I'm waiting for that before I decide when to test. If my ticker is right, it'll probably be by the end of the week though.

Well I'm getting my progesterone levels checked tomorrow, which will hopefully confirm if and when I ovulated. I'm waiting for that before I decide when to test. If my ticker is right, it'll probably be by the end of the week though.

Good luck,:flower: Fingers crossed you OV'ed and this cycle finishes with a BFP!!! :dust::dust::dust:

Ash im so very sorry hun ((HUGE HUGS)) I am already crossing legs,eyes and fingers for u for ur IVF! this is gonna be the sticky one! Its the big haul coster one too .. so its gonna :hugs:

oo interesting about the testing together thang..never knew that :)

I caved last night and did an OPK, very faint line..so just upset myself! Have vowed never to take one again...Im hopeful that ill O sometime soon..i'll be patient.. as much as i can haha

Wannabe - I found this about false positives, I don't know if it helps but it's interesting.

https://www.peeonastick.com/falsepos.html

There's so much good info on that website about testing. Love it!

Wannabe - I found this about false positives, I don't know if it helps but it's interesting.

https://www.peeonastick.com/falsepos.html

There's so much good info on that website about testing. Love it!

Very interesting, thanks for the info....:hugs:

Ash, I'm so sorry Hun :hugs: like the others have said though, IVF is bound to bring you that :bfp:

Afm, we have still only had :sex: once since may!!! Due to DH injuries. Beginning to get very wound up and frustrated now :( worse thing is, we have a fs appt beginning of November and he needs to provide a SA - he is stating he can't possibly do it (although he managed once his hospital demanded one to check for blood). I am royally pissed off :( I know it's not exactly his fault that the whole of this year has been wasted, but I at least wanted progress with FS :(

Feisty im so sorry hun that things r upside down. Is there no way of physio or something to help progress dh's recovery quicker? Am not sure what kind of injury he has. I agree seeing a FS is a huge step..

Hi ladies....I am back from my bnb break. I am just trying to catch up with all of you. I am hoping for some bfps for all of you....good luck to you all

FF - I am so sorry Jun. That must be really frustrating. Would it help your dh to maybe put his stuff in a. Instead cup, then you can just insert it in. I know it takes away from your intimacy but it might take the pressure off of dh to perform. If he was able to do it in the hospital, maybe he can do it again on his own. I don't know if that will help but I figured I would offer a possible solution. Good luck hun.

Ash - sorry about the bfn

Ickle - good luck let us know what your tests say.

As - I hope those eggys are beautiful and bloated and ready to pop.

AFM - I am trying soy this cycle and next cycle we are on to iui with femara and follistim. I guess it is what it is...though getting pg naturally would have been nicer, at this point I'll take it anyway I can get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->