Anyone LTTTC Number One?

@Msmith9 - I'm using opks, but I'm not temping. My doctor actually told me not to temp, she very animatedly told me she'd never seen it work for anyone. But the main reason I stopped temping was because it was stressing me out too much. But I know that I do ovulate, and when. Last month I did try Mucinex during my fertile period. To be honest, I don't think it really does anything, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

@Miss_Kate: Welcome to our little boat of hopeful mothers to be! Hope we could share the burden and frustrations of your TTC journey.

(I sounded like a shrink! *giggle*) I'm trying to be cheerful about this.

@Msmith9: right? right? This chasing the AF thing is making me crazy.

@Tella: It's not will power...it's my fear of seeing that BFN over and over again. It will just make me sad. One week to go and my OB will be arriving. I just hope that nothing serious is going on down there.

@Msmith9 - I'm using opks, but I'm not temping. My doctor actually told me not to temp, she very animatedly told me she'd never seen it work for anyone. But the main reason I stopped temping was because it was stressing me out too much. But I know that I do ovulate, and when. Last month I did try Mucinex during my fertile period. To be honest, I don't think it really does anything, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

I was just curious, I have never done temping... I feel like it would just give me one more thing to stress about.

Hi ladies, I'd like to join in here. Hubby and I have been NTNP/TTC for close to 3 years now, just about as long as we've been married and we have our 3 year anniversary in June. I have never even seen a shadow of a BFP, AF always seems to arrive right on time and it's just so hard. I'm currently taking 800mg of Vitex per day to see if that does anything, just started that 2 weeks ago. We're also using conceive plus and OPK's steady for the next 2-3 mos unless we get a BFP. If not I'm scheduling with a doc as that will be my 3 year mark. :(

Welcome... Hubby and I have also been trying to conceive for 3 years now... it's no fun. Hope you don't need that DR appt!:flower:

Thanks for the reply girls! Always looking forward in opening this website. How are you guys doing?

@madtowngirl: yep I'm taking Metformin 1500 mg a day. This is to control my insulin. Per my OB the reason I don't ovulate because of my high insulin which is also caused by my PCOS.

@Msmith9: Sometimes, I don't know what I want to happen every month...sometimes I want AF to show up so I would know I'm ovulating and everything is working just fine down there but then part of me also don't want AF to show up coz that would mean I'm probably prego. it's dilemma! I'm so torn! :)

@Tella: I never have this sharp pain in my boobs. I have heavy boobs before AF comes. Since I'm too chicken to do a HPT I'll just visit my OB when she gets back from her vacation. Hopefully this is nothing to be concerned about. Yes, I have been staying away from baked goods and white bread. All whole wheat and been trying to gobble more oats now. Stayed away from soda too. A little exercise here and there. But I keep my body moving.

LOL you have alot more will power than what i would have. I would test long before going to the doc :lol:

Also something else you can consider is to not have any carbs and sugars after 3 in the afternoon. After 3 the body stimulates insulin to counter the effect of the sugars and carb and that has a bad influence on your egg quality. As your eggs grow the most during the night when the body is in a resting state.

Ive been doing a Gluten restricted diet, and wow it has made such a big difference. The last 16days i have been really bad and eating all crap and i can so feel it. As of today im completely back on it and wont cave in again.

Tella- It's been awful... hot flashes, mood swings, bloating, nausea.... you name it! I am one of THOSE people that gets every side effect!

This month I felt O pain on the 18th and 19th.... I decided to leave out OPKs this month... I previously drove myself nuts with those, and thought I'd wait for the labs to come back and say that I am for sure ovulating on 100mg before I get into that again.Hubby and I BD'd every other day from CD 12- 19.
I caught myself being hopeful today due to the fact that I have been crying at the drop of a hat lately.... but that also comes with the Clomid :(
~ I see you are on CD 15... any sign of O for you??? I hope so!

Piglet- I hear ya! I feel like I have that same battle every month, especially before I was back on Clomid.... I had a cycle that was 87 days... I was so anxious for AF to show up... but just hoped that it would somehow end up that I was finally prego.

MadTown- Hope that Clomid helps you get your sticky! Are you trying anything else with Clomid? Temping, OPKs?

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Clomid is horrid like that, i also had all those symptoms. Maybe ask your FS about Femara it hardly has any hectic symptoms.

Fxd you wont need anything else and this is your bfp month with that great BD schedule of yours.

Thanks! Unfortunately I was a sucker and tested last night.... way too early as it was only CD 25 but of course the BFN did me in. I'm usually pretty good at not testing early... was just in a funky mood I guess.
DR called today and said that according to 21 day progesterone check, I did ovulate this month on the 100mg.:happy dance:

I was looking into Femara... I had heard that the side effects were nothing like Clomid... I'm sold on that alone! I think that if we don't get a BFP within the next 2 or 3 cycles I'm going to go for and IUI... see if that gives us a boost.

Hi ladies, I'd like to join in here. Hubby and I have been NTNP/TTC for close to 3 years now, just about as long as we've been married and we have our 3 year anniversary in June. I have never even seen a shadow of a BFP, AF always seems to arrive right on time and it's just so hard. I'm currently taking 800mg of Vitex per day to see if that does anything, just started that 2 weeks ago. We're also using conceive plus and OPK's steady for the next 2-3 mos unless we get a BFP. If not I'm scheduling with a doc as that will be my 3 year mark. :(

Hi :wave:

Sorry that you need to join us but welcome and hope that you wont need that doc appointment but a obgyn for a scan :winkwink:

I got my BFP last year a few months before getting to the 3 year mark, just yours will be a take home baby :hugs:

Vitex didnt do much for me, my O stayed the same and my LP went shorter so i stopped it. Hope it helps you!!

Do you temp at all to confirm O?

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome. :hugs: Here's hoping it's a scan and not a fertility appt, we're giving it the best shot we have these next couple months. Yikes, I'm trying the Vitex to lengthen my LP, so I'm hoping that doesn't happen :shrug: I have temped in the past, I am terrible about remembering though so I am not consistent with it like I should be. If this cycle turns out to be another BFN, I'm going to add temping into my routine.. will have to set an alarm or something. :laugh2:

mssmith, sorry about the bfn but it's still early. my fs only started giving me femara at my first iui. So maybe yours will to.

madtown, temping is great to confirm o as its the only method to tell you that it had happened for certain except for blood tests. It will only help you get pregnant in the sense that you will know when you Oing and if your lp is long enough. But that takes time.

misskate, look I'm also horrible with the routine of temping and my dogs keep waking me so I wake up at random times which isn't a great help. This month I couldn't really be bothered as I'm taking a chilled month and with a yi right over my fertile period there is no chance of a bfp.

piglet, I also hate a bfn but still manages to convince myself that it will be better to get rid of the hope than hold on for it. b luckily I have the downs for a day and then I find power to press on.

Today was test day. Stark white BFN for me. Waiting on AF so we can start cycle 3, which is the last our RE will allow. If it doesn't work, we are on to IVF.

sorry xop:hugs: most fs only recommend 3 iui as stats show the best best results in 3, fxd you get your bfp on your 3rd time lucky.

I was just curious, I have never done temping... I feel like it would just give me one more thing to stress about.

Yea, it really kind of does give you one more thing to stress about. I did do it at the beginning, just to confirm that I did o, but honestly every morning it was like "omg I hope my temp isn't up, we didn't bd yesterday," or "I hope my temp finally went up." It was just too much, and now that I'm on Clomid, I get a blood test done every cycle anyway. I like the opks a lot better.

@Tella: I wish I have the same will power as you do. I mean the courage to pee on the stick and get it over with. There is just something about seeing a negative that makes me sad the entire day which sometimes stretches into two days.

I have also tried temping before. But since hubby works at night at the moment I can't sleep on my usual time so my waking time is different everyday.

I wish my OB is here already. I need to know what is going on inside my body.

Today was test day. Stark white BFN for me. Waiting on AF so we can start cycle 3, which is the last our RE will allow. If it doesn't work, we are on to IVF.

Sorry about the BFN :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hope next cycle is THE cycle!!

NTNP/TTC for more than two and a half years now; only recently had our case submitted to a fertility unit. Wife needs to lose a little weight (only half a stone, will do it in no time), and I have a low sperm count (less than a million per ml) with severe low motility. When wife has lost weight, we're beginning ICSI which may involve taking the sperm straight from the source - still to be determined.

Never had a BFP.

So sick and tired of people getting pregnant left, right and centre but trying to stay positive. Fun fun ladies and gents.

Pinkys Brain

NTNP/TTC for more than two and a half years now; only recently had our case submitted to a fertility unit. Wife needs to lose a little weight (only half a stone, will do it in no time), and I have a low sperm count (less than a million per ml) with severe low motility. When wife has lost weight, we're beginning ICSI which may involve taking the sperm straight from the source - still determined to be positive.

Never had a BFP.

So sick and tired of people getting pregnant left, right and centre but trying to stay positive. Fun fun ladies and gents.

Pinkys Brain

Sorry I couldn't find an edit button. Now fixed that major EFF up. :)

Yea, it really kind of does give you one more thing to stress about. I did do it at the beginning, just to confirm that I did o, but honestly every morning it was like "omg I hope my temp isn't up, we didn't bd yesterday," or "I hope my temp finally went up." It was just too much, and now that I'm on Clomid, I get a blood test done every cycle anyway. I like the opks a lot better.

Its awesome if you get monitored and dont have to stress about temping. I stopped for 2 years and only started now again just to see for interest sake if my temps are the same as pre MC as my body has changed so much and it has actually made my Pre O temps lower than it used to be.

But i have had the exact same problem about worrying if it did go up or didnt and that was the reason i stopped. I was so obsessed that i actually had 3 charts, the one with original times, one adjusted and one with second temp of wake up and it drove me bonkers :dohh: But ive learned from that mistake, wont do that ever again.

@Tella: I wish I have the same will power as you do. I mean the courage to pee on the stick and get it over with. There is just something about seeing a negative that makes me sad the entire day which sometimes stretches into two days.

I have also tried temping before. But since hubby works at night at the moment I can't sleep on my usual time so my waking time is different everyday.

I wish my OB is here already. I need to know what is going on inside my body.

Cant wait to hear whats happening, please update.

NTNP/TTC for more than two and a half years now; only recently had our case submitted to a fertility unit. Wife needs to lose a little weight (only half a stone, will do it in no time), and I have a low sperm count (less than a million per ml) with severe low motility. When wife has lost weight, we're beginning ICSI which may involve taking the sperm straight from the source - still determined to be positive.

Never had a BFP.

Pinkys Brain

Sorry I couldn't find an edit button. Now fixed that major EFF up. :)

Im so impressed to actually get a man on here :thumbup: Its awesome that you so much apart of this journey. My DH knows about the forum and will occasionally ask what the ladies are saying but that is it.

Good luck with your wifes weight loss, it is amazing how much of a difference half a stone can make in TTC. There is a lady on here whos DH had very bad prognosis and his urologist put him on something else that had amazing results in both volume and motility. Look her up and read her first post on her journal. Bubumaci is her name.

Ive been through 2 ICSIs already so if you have any questions, ask away.

AFM > Just enjoying this chilled cycle!!!!! Definitely Od, confirmed with temps and now im putting the thermometer away!

Im so impressed to actually get a man on here :thumbup: Its awesome that you so much apart of this journey. My DH knows about the forum and will occasionally ask what the ladies are saying but that is it.

Good luck with your wifes weight loss, it is amazing how much of a difference half a stone can make in TTC. There is a lady on here whos DH had very bad prognosis and his urologist put him on something else that had amazing results in both volume and motility. Look her up and read her first post on her journal. Bubumaci [/URL]is her name.

Ive been through 2 ICSIs already so if you have any questions, ask away

Well actually; first question - what is the general chance of success? My wife has no known fertility problems beyond the weight issue. I figure, since my healthy sperm that they find, won't need to actually MOVE - then it might be more successful? Oh so trying to look on the bright side! :p

So few men here - yeah I did notice that! :D

Well actually; first question - what is the general chance of success? My wife has no known fertility problems beyond the weight issue. I figure, since my healthy sperm that they find, won't need to actually MOVE - then it might be more successful? Oh so trying to look on the bright side! :p

So few men here - yeah I did notice that! :D

The average success rate is 45-50% but considering your wife is healthy there might be a increase in your chances of success.

With ICSI the sperm must just be healthy, what is your morphology sitting on? As that is more the contributing factor in ICSI

IVF is a very taxing but also very exciting path. All the appointments and actual fertilization reports and growth to me was inspiring as i know that it was actually happening unlike TI where you wonder if the sperm met the egg.

Just a fair warning, the hormones you inject has funny side effects and can make one a bit moody and unreasonable :haha: I once almost attacked my DH for eating off my plate :rofl: it is a joke till today :blush:

I'm afraid I don't know the specifics regarding my morphology; only just getting into all this so not sure on all of what everything means.

But yep, we're very excited to get started and see where it goes. The only way is up. :)

normally when they do a sperm analysis they test for count, motility and morphology. morphology is the % of sperm with normal heads. Some times they have 2 heads or tails. To big or to small heads which make then useless.

Having a positive outlook makes it alot easier. Keep it up and a hope your visit in this thread is short lived and that we will soon be following you and your wife's pregnancy journal.

Oh the Doc did say that he thinks it's possible my sperm are missing a Y chromosome? I had a blood test today which might be to check that - although how blood from my arm is gonna check my sperm - I don't know! Just gimme a baby! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->