Anyone LTTTC Number One?

@Fisher, that is great news that you have a plan in place and will be doing IUI, I hope you can finally get your BFP!!! Good luck to you!!! I got everything crossed for you!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

That will be DH and my plan probably early next year when we get our tax return back and can pay for the IUI procedure out of pocket, it costs us about $350.00 for the semen wash and insemination at my DR's office, but that cost isnt including the the medications and testing.

@Urchin, Good luck to you for tomorrow. I am sure you are going to be just fine hun... :hugs: :hugs:

@Dazed, i got my fingers crossed that the :witch: stays away!!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

AFM, I am doing okay, just feeling a little impatient in the 2WW, the progesterone makes me feel dizzy,drowsy, and kind of a spaced out drunk feeling, it isnt fun to take, but I am going to suck it up this cycle to see if it will help me get my BFP in combination with the 50 mg clomid this cycle days 3-7, I am hoping I could maybe get lucky. :thumbup:

I still need to do the Saline Sonohysterography to find out what that bump was on the inside of my uterus that showed up on the HSG X-ray, but I was pretty busy this month because my mom came down to visit, so I put it off, I am kind of nervous about it after how hard the HSG was on me, ugghhh, so part of me wants to put it off aslong as possible, but if I can grow some balls I might do it in December at the beginning of that cycle if AF shows up at the end of this month.... Depending on what the bump is on my uterus it could require surgical removal, which has me pretty nervous...ugghhh... :wacko:

Wannabe, be brave and schedule an appointment for December now and then hopefully you won't be able to have it as your be celebrating a :bfp: but if you can go ahead it is always better to get these things checked out :hugs:

Well the clomid side effects arrived in full force last night :( Major mood swings and hot flushes - my least favourite of all of them! Poor DH may end up killing me before we even enter my fertile period :haha:

Wannabe - right it's about $300 for us too but were opting to start with unmedicated so I don't need to be monitored in that case or pay for meds.

@Fiesty, I agree that I need to be brave and take care of the saline Sonohysterography in December, plus my individual deductible should be satisfied since it will be the end of the year and it will probably cost me less out of pocket costs if i took care of it now before next year... It just sounded alot like the HSG procedure and I was traumatized by that dam thing...ugghhh.. it was really ruff....

As for clomid, The side effects were the worst for me on clomid the first month I took them, I felt like I had flu like symptoms, was very hungry, hot flashes and some other stuff. I had very intense ovulation cramps and more pre AF type cramps earlier than usual as well. I take my clomid before bedtime so I can sleep through the symptoms. the good news is that the second month on clomid had alot less symptoms, I think your body gets adjusted to the medication after a while. This month i took my clomid and cant even tell i took anything, it is my 3rd month using the medication at 50 mgs.

AFM, I am feeling a little sad because it is annual emrollment time for my husbands medical plans, and I was looking over the 2012 plan benefits for the different options he has and all of the plans exclude coverage for the infertility treatments. I was thinking that we would have the option to chose a more expensive plan next year and that some of them would have infertility benefits, but so far it is not looking good, :nope: I do need to research it some more but from what I can see it doesnt look very promising..... :cry: i am trying not to get sad because I was thinking this would be a solution for us to pay for infertility care next year.

I guess I am going to have to save $$ to do IUI, and hopefully use our tax return $$ to help pay for IUI and hopefully it will work, otherwise if we have to do IVF and pay out of pocket I will be saving up for many years since it will cost between 10 to 14,000 dollars U.S. from what my research has shown.

The only other soultion I can think of is if I am lucky enough to find a new job with good health insurance options that has infertility benefits than I can use those, but there is no gurantees with that.....:nope: I am not working right now.....

I know what you mean wannabe. I don't have fertility coverage of any kind, which is why I haven't had my HSG yet since its going to cost $900. I really don't want to see my checkbook hit a low point... it makes me nervous incase something were to happen to either mine or DH's job.

Dazed, I also have no infertility coverage- and when I called the insurance company they said they don't even cover testing for infertility but they paid all for the HSG except my $30 copay. Just fyi

Oh ladies :hugs: Us Englanders whine and complain about the NHS waiting lists but we are so lucky to have state health-care :hugs:

I called the place where I am being referred (they are affiliated with my employer) and they said since they have been working with my kind of insurance, most times it isn't paid unless it is for something other than fertility. I'm sure I could talk to my doc, but to be on the safe side, I kinda need to make sure I have the money incase insurance decides to decline it.

Yeah I've been trying 27months no joy all tests come back normal that myself and partner have had! never been pregnant so I have no idea why I can't conceive.. Any thoughts? Xx

Clomid girls... I need your experience!

As you know I am back to TTC naturally and this is my first cycle post clomid. What was your first cycle like going natural after clomid? Were they the same length as clomid, shorter or longer?

I started a thread on this, but no responses so far even though I know there are a lot of clomid user in this section. Kinda disappointed.

@Dazed, on my natural cycles after clomid I noticed they were normal, about the same as pre-clomid. I had less OV cramps and pre AF cramps than I did when I was on clomid though..... Sorry I cant be more helpful, but I didnt notice many changes for the most part....

@Dazed, you might want to try asking the girls on this thread about this question because they created the thread for girls taking a break from clomid and it might get you some more feedback...

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/701157-taking-break-clomid-natural-cycle-whos-me.html

Well as I am currently on my 10th cycle of clomid (with a four month break in-between) I do have some answers for you ;)

Pre-Clomid I wasn't ovulating, cycles ranged from 30 to 50ish days and although I thought I was having ovulation symptoms I clearly wasn't.

Once on the clomid my cycles were pretty much the same every single cycle - 31 days long with ovulation smack bang on CD17. The symptoms did seem to get worse the longer that I was on it and so I was glad I could take a break but anxious that this would put me out of the game of ttc ovulation wise.

First round off of clomid and I had a text book 28 day cycle with ovulation on CD14. Gob-smacked didn't even start to describe it :haha: Symptoms were pretty much none existent during ovulation but then I did start to get mild sore back and cramps at about 6DPO. My period was a bit lighter then usual though and didn't last as long.

After this my cycles started getting shorter and my periods even lighter :wacko:

Back on the clomid now so will have to see if it alters again!

Hope this helps x

@Dazed...On clomid my cycles were long for me, around thirty one days. After the Clomid they were all over the place, but I believe the first two were super short. Are you really cycle day 32?

Thank you! I think I have an answer thanks to you girls and finally getting answers on my other thread!

Well, the consensis I am reading (from here and another thread) is that it stays about the same. There was one answer that if you don't ovulate on your own, it won't be the same. Luckily, I ovulate on my own!

@Dazed, I ovulate on my own without clomid, so that might be why I didnt notice much of a difference in my cycles whether I was on or off the clomid.

AFM, I have researched my DH's health insurance plans for next year and as I stated previously almost all of the plans have no infertility treatment coverage and the only plan that does have coverage but only for IUI and not for IVF was soooooo expensive, it was like about $1,500.00 a month U.S. dollars monthly premium for family plan through Aetna, and that is just crazy, Me and DH would be better off just paying for the IUI procedure out of pocket at $350.00 for one attempt which includes the sperm washing and the insemination. This Aetna plan didnt even cover IVF, and all I could think was if someone is willing to pay that much money for health insurance than it better have excellent infertility benefit coverage, and the coverage sucked....:growlmad: Long story short looks like I wont have any infertility coverage next year either.....:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->