• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone MC in April wanna buddy up for encouragement?!

I think I might do the baby aspirin, I have heard of a lot of people who have taken it. This time I will also stop drinking coffee/ caffeine as soon as I ovulate.

I am glad I dont have to go through this alone though, and have you ladies because no one in my family has ever had a loss so they don't really get it, or have any good answers for me

i hear ya! My mom thinks MC are SUPER rare....and doesnt even think i was pregnant to begin with, with my first MC..... so i didnt even wanna tell her about my 2nd pregnancy and MC :nope: She never even followed up to see how i was doing after the first one...

I told her how common they actually are, and she didnt really want to believe me considering she never had a problem conceiving.

I think i am goin to start the baby aspirin as well....and maybe take a higher dosage of Folic acid..... its suppost to help with the growth within the first 28 days of the baby (to promote healthy cell tissue growth etc)

I got the call from the dr today that my levels are back to less than 5 and should have a period within the next four weeks!!

Hi ladies, I would love to be a part of your small group. I've had two losses as well. I miscarried in February at 6 weeks and then I miscarried just yesterday or the day before at 9 weeks :cry: I got a heart beat just this last wednesday but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'm so sorry for all of your losses as well ladies.

I want a baby more than anything but I'm just so scared to try again. I can't put my DH through this again either, he is devastated. I will definitely wait for a cycle in-between because I too conceived right away after my first mc. My doctor referred me to an endocrinologist but he also told me more times than not they don't find a reason so I haven't decided yet what to do. It would be great to have the support of others who are going through the exact same thing.

Hi ladies, I would love to be a part of your small group. I've had two losses as well. I miscarried in February at 6 weeks and then I miscarried just yesterday or the day before at 9 weeks :cry: I got a heart beat just this last wednesday but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'm so sorry for all of your losses as well ladies.

I want a baby more than anything but I'm just so scared to try again. I can't put my DH through this again either, he is devastated. I will definitely wait for a cycle in-between because I too conceived right away after my first mc. My doctor referred me to an endocrinologist but he also told me more times than not they don't find a reason so I haven't decided yet what to do. It would be great to have the support of others who are going through the exact same thing.

im sorry for your losses :hugs:

did ur Dr. do any bloodwork for either pregnancy? My 2nd pregnancy my Dr. had me take my HCG levels bc i wasnt exactly sure how far along i was bc i didnt have an AF in between MC's. i was already beginning to MC bc the levels were at 25 and i started bleeding really heavy the next day. My Dr. wants me to come in for a blood test righta way as soon as i get my first BFP for the next pregnancy to check my progesterone levels. THey also did checked to see what blood type i was just in case i lacked a particular protein on my red blood cells causing my body to reject the baby (which i wasnt thank goodness) soooo my Dr. just thinks it was bad luck with the chromosomes....and its all common, she doenst really think anything is wrong with me..... ill beleive that when i get a baby in my arms!

i took the baby aspirin.... lets see how this works! i wont be dissapointed if it doesnt but its worth a shot bc theres nothing else i can do!

I need to get baby aspirin too but I think I am going to wait till after af...... I just can't make up my mind

I got the call from the dr today that my levels are back to less than 5 and should have a period within the next four weeks!!

i got my call on Monday saying mine are back to normal! just a waiting game now!

oh hun thats terrible, so sorry for your loss, i always thought that if you hear the heartbeat the chances of you mc go down to like 5%, I would def wait for one AF hun, as hard as it is, Lttle J is waiting for her cycle too so maybe you could wait together? x

I know I should wait.. Today I feel like crying but I can't because it's 6:30 am and I was woken up to a text from a friend saying they might be pregnant now and she doesn't know what she she should do because they are getting married in three months. And she is really thinking about getting plan b.

I don't know if you guys feel this way but sometimes I don't see where the thought process happens before people start telling/asking things.. She knew I just lost a baby and how bad I wanted it and now she is telling me she might be.

I know I should wait.. Today I feel like crying but I can't because it's 6:30 am and I was woken up to a text from a friend saying they might be pregnant now and she doesn't know what she she should do because they are getting married in three months. And she is really thinking about getting plan b.

I don't know if you guys feel this way but sometimes I don't see where the thought process happens before people start telling/asking things.. She knew I just lost a baby and how bad I wanted it and now she is telling me she might be.

If one of my friends done that to me i would be soooooo annoyed i dont even think i could txt her back, like you said, she knew you had lost a baby and how badly you want one so i think shes not thinking. Obviously her head is in a mess as shes thinking of plan B but surely she would think 'oh hang on, should i really be txting her given what she has been through recently??' xxx

wow, what a friend..... maybe she shoulda been more careful in the first place! Thats so not cool to text a friend who just lost a baby that they are thinking about purposly getting rid of theirs!?? WTF

I would have def. said somthing to her about sayin somthing like that to me especially in sucha fragile state....

im sorry love :hugs:

Have any of u tried the baby aspirin before? I have read up on it alot but itd be nice to hear how it worked from gals i converse with

wow, what a friend..... maybe she shoulda been more careful in the first place! Thats so not cool to text a friend who just lost a baby that they are thinking about purposly getting rid of theirs!?? WTF

I would have def. said somthing to her about sayin somthing like that to me especially in sucha fragile state....

Have any of u tried the baby aspirin before? I have read up on it alot but itd be nice to hear how it worked from gals i converse with

never tried it hun but im thinking of starting, it cant help to try can it! xxx

OMG I'd be fuming! Was there really no-one else she could text about that? Some good advice may be that if she thinks she's pregnant to seriously consider whether plan b is a good idea - if she's ever in a similar position to us in the future then she'd seriously regret making that decision. I took the UK equivalent many years ago and wonder now if that was my one and only chance of a baby.

Hi hopeforbfp, nice to meet you :flower: I'm so sorry for your losses and help this forum helps. I've had 2 losses too and life does improve with time, although it is a slow process.

I had my first session of counseling today and it went so well. I did have trouble holding back the tears though, maybe I should just let it all go next time :cry:

Little J thanks for the info on AF, I guess I was just wanting it so badly that I was kind of imagining it. Gosh 20 days is a long time to wait and I'm a bit worried that I've been bleeding/spotting for over 3 weeks now. I really hope I don't need to go in for another ERPC, that would just set me back again physically and emotionally.

I hope everyone's well today, I'm so glad I found this board :)

I told her after what I have been through there is no way I would ever recomend her getting rid of what could have been a pregnancy... She proceeded to ask why, really, and I just gave up and told her where she can get it... She has to live with that decision if she takes it now.

I am also going to start the baby aspirin but when are you supposed to start taking it, before concieving or after you did out your pregnant

I told her after what I have been through there is no way I would ever recomend her getting rid of what could have been a pregnancy... She proceeded to ask why, really, and I just gave up and told her where she can get it... She has to live with that decision if she takes it now.

I am also going to start the baby aspirin but when are you supposed to start taking it, before concieving or after you did out your pregnant

Yeh id like to know that as well. we have already started trying, fx ill get my bfp at the end of this month, well im not even sure when AF will show so not sure when to start POAS x

I started taking baby aspirin as soon as I ov'd as it helps with implantation apparently. I got as far as 11 wks on it and looking at my recent blood test results I maybe need more treatment for blood clotting then just aspirin. It shouldn't do any harm to take it anytime, its only harmful much later on in pregnancy.

they say you can take it whenever (before conceiving etc.) it wont harm you or the potential baby. It says it can help blood flow to your uterine lining as well to help get that a little more thickened.

I have started taking it already bc 81mg is sucha small dose, it wont cause harm, and i dont track OV...i just keep an eye on EWCM so i never know when exactly i OV, just a rough estimate.

First of all, my thoughts go out to all the families here that have experienced a loss.

My husband and I have been together for just over 5 years now. Only married since this last August. We're both in the US Air Force. When we first started dating we had a little "surprise BFP", we were young and scared, but we were ready to face everything head on...and then at 8/9wks we had our first MC... Since then we've been on the pill and we've said that when we're ready we'll try again.

Just over a month ago my husband and I decided to "leave things up to chance" and discontinue using the pill. If it happened, it happened, and if we didn't get pregnant by July/August or so then we'd start really actively trying.
So 4 wks after that decision...got my BFP! My husband and I were sort of in shock that it happened so quickly! the EDD was Christmas Day. Just yesterday was 5 wks, and I was in a 2 hr OB Orientation Group Session, when I started to feel sort of crampy, but I've always read that alot of women get this, so I didn't think much about it. As soon as the session was done, on one of my many bathroom trips, I noticed I was bleeding a good amount...like AF bleeding...

Went straight to the ER and had blood draws and ultrasound. Unfortunately my first set of prenatal blood draws was just the day before so my HCG levels couldn't tell them much since they were so close together. They couldn't see anything on ultrasound...so it's just way too early or I've MC'd...they sent me home. I've passed a few clots and just a tiny amount of tissue...I just know it's gone..I have to get my blood redrawn in a week, though I'm going to call up and see if I can just do it Friday since I work in the hospital.

Ladies...I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly... I was a surgical technician in the Air Force for 5.5 years. (I still work in surgery, but just Urology now). So far I've been able to MC naturally, but I've scrubbed many surgeries, to include C-Sections and D&Cs (only ever incomplete miscarriages)...having gone through the pain of losing my own I felt I brought a little sensitivity to the procedure, even if it was just small things like keeping all the instruments covered until the woman was asleep....

My hubby is at 6 wks of training, thankfully only 1.5hrs away...so I think we'll see when this next AF comes and we'll start trying again as long as my HCG comes down the way it should...

This is my first time on a board for any type of TTC...after this loss, I don't think a little support group would hurt. Buckets of baby dust to everyone

Bless you baby_bray, such a sensitive post. I'm so sorry about your losses.

I have to admit when I went in for my ERPC they didn't cover the instruments while I was awake, its nice to hear that there's someone out there that thinks of these small details. I'm always amazed that medical people don't think of simple things like that - something that will stick in my mind forever is when I had my mmc at 11 weeks. I paid for a private scan in a plush clinic where there was a huge screen mounted on the wall in front of the couch. I'd explained to the sonographer that I'd had a little spotting that morning and had booked the scan to check everything was ok. I wish she'd taken the initiative and switched the big screen off because seeing my little baby lying there still so big in front of me will haunt me forever. It's affected my husband really badly too. It would have been nicer if she'd told us the bad news then allowed us the option of seeing the scan ourselves if we wanted. Such a small thing that could have saved us both a lot of bad memories :cry:

Baby bray-
Im so sorry about your journey thus far.... it is really nice knowing how sensitive u are the others that have/are going thru the same thing...honestly the little things do matter

MrsC- that makes me super sad for you :hugs: i cant bare to think how i woulda felt.

one of my best friends is a nurse at a high risk pregnancy clinic, so i have talked with her what i have been going through....and made it clear to her that i understand she sees these types of things everyday, but Dr. and nurses should be more sensitive of the subject.
With my 2nd MC, i started crying on the phone to the nurse explaining my bleeding..and i appologized for crying, and she said "its ok, hun, im so sorry this had to happen to you" and her just saying that made me feel better, i didnt feel like another person in the crowd.

I just wish we had exact answers to each personal situation, i think that would help with closure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->