• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone MC in April wanna buddy up for encouragement?!

No I haven't gotten any blood work done other than the traditional stuff at the first prenatal visit. I just checked and progesterone was not one of the things they tested for. I think that is what the endocrinologist is for to test my blood and stuff except I feel like they can't do much testing unless I am pregnant. If/when I get pregnant again I will be very proactive for them to do more testing on me. What is all this talk about baby aspirin? I've never heard of this before. It sounds like I'm missing out on something here.

How long did you ladies pass tissue for? I feel like I should be done by now but I'm still passing some smaller clots.

No I haven't gotten any blood work done other than the traditional stuff at the first prenatal visit. I just checked and progesterone was not one of the things they tested for. I think that is what the endocrinologist is for to test my blood and stuff except I feel like they can't do much testing unless I am pregnant. If/when I get pregnant again I will be very proactive for them to do more testing on me. What is all this talk about baby aspirin? I've never heard of this before. It sounds like I'm missing out on something here.

How long did you ladies pass tissue for? I feel like I should be done by now but I'm still passing some smaller clots.

i passed tissue for about 2-3 days.... it was really thick "blood snot" i called it, but then at the 3rd day it trailed off and the 2 days after was just pinkish/milky white discharge...

Ive read alot about the low dose aspiring (81mg). alot of women who have had multiple MC turned to using this and it helped then carry the baby full term. It helps with women who may have a clotting issue, and also thins up the blood enoug if its too thick (which may be causing the baby to lack its blood/nutrients). iv also read that it helps get better blow flow to your uterine lining to hopefully make it more nourishing and maybe help thicken it a tad

some ladies had told me they can do a CD21 blood test which can check your progesterone levels....

my Dr. wants to wait til im pregnant again to check that ASAP. I am just scared that since both my MC were so early at about 5 weeks that may be the problem (since progesterone is what will prevent AF from coming) so mine holds on for a few days, then it cant any longer....so i feel somthing has to be wrong, or truely it had just been bad luck with chromosomes....

i just hope they can give me supplements in time before another MC occurs for when i become preggers again.

i was reading success stories about women who have had a couple MC and went on to have healthy babies right after...i just needed some reassurance bc sometimes i let myself start to drift to the bad side of thinking itll never happen for me:dohh:

I was just reading something today that said the odds of conceiving with in the first three months of a MC are actually higher than normal....I'll have to ask about that and ask about some of these other test like the progesterone

I'm supposed to have my bHCG checked again on Tues (would be a week) but I think I'm going to ask to just get it done this Friday since I'm positive I MC'd with the clots/tissue I passed...

This morning was some (sorry!) thick syrupy type blood, and small blood clots, but yesterday was blood and tissue....mine seems to have slowed down very quickly and seems to be pretty similar to AF type bleeding now...I guess we'll see how long it lasts

I bleed for two days before my miscarriage was confirmed with the "liver sized" blood clots then I didn't bled much the day I was confirmed or the day after before I was sleeping or a lying down all day and then I think two more days of bleeding...the more active you are the faster everything passes... Thankfully my bleeding was short because I couldn't have worn a pad any longer ( I resorted to a tampon the last day) my mom always told me we don't wear pads and I have never in almost 8 years worn one so that was the third most traumatic exprience of my life. (I can list how traumatized I was through this experience). My levels were down to > 5 within two weeks after I started bleeding but probably before that since they hadn't been testing.

I will be starting baby aspirin after af because aft the friend situation today I can't go through that again. (an update on her I freaked out and called her a selfish inconsiderate bitch and told her I would do anything to go back before I got married to be a pregnant fat cow on my wedding and to have a healthy baby than to have lost one and her even thinking about trying to prevent or terminate an existing one is crazy... I cried)

I hope everyone else's family and friends are more thoughtful of what mine have been lately and if not I am here to share feelings and frustrations with because it seems like everyone besides my hubby and friend who has been through three know how I feel and except why I feel this way..

I was just reading something today that said the odds of conceiving with in the first three months of a MC are actually higher than normal....I'll have to ask about that and ask about some of these other test like the progesterone

I'm supposed to have my bHCG checked again on Tues (would be a week) but I think I'm going to ask to just get it done this Friday since I'm positive I MC'd with the clots/tissue I passed...

This morning was some (sorry!) thick syrupy type blood, and small blood clots, but yesterday was blood and tissue....mine seems to have slowed down very quickly and seems to be pretty similar to AF type bleeding now...I guess we'll see how long it lasts

Every Dr. has their own opinion on if they say you are for more fertile or your arent.

But why they say you tend to be more fertile is bc your body is "prepped" for a pregnancy now and your cervix is somewhat opened a little making it easier for the spermies to get through to the egg. I def. beleive that bc i got pregnant before i even got an AF after my 1st MC. BUT some women dont Ov. after a MC... it all depends on what your body is doing and how far along you were when you MC

I bleed for two days before my miscarriage was confirmed with the "liver sized" blood clots then I didn't bled much the day I was confirmed or the day after before I was sleeping or a lying down all day and then I think two more days of bleeding...the more active you are the faster everything passes... Thankfully my bleeding was short because I couldn't have worn a pad any longer ( I resorted to a tampon the last day) my mom always told me we don't wear pads and I have never in almost 8 years worn one so that was the third most traumatic exprience of my life. (I can list how traumatized I was through this experience). My levels were down to > 5 within two weeks after I started bleeding but probably before that since they hadn't been testing.

I will be starting baby aspirin after af because aft the friend situation today I can't go through that again. (an update on her I freaked out and called her a selfish inconsiderate bitch and told her I would do anything to go back before I got married to be a pregnant fat cow on my wedding and to have a healthy baby than to have lost one and her even thinking about trying to prevent or terminate an existing one is crazy... I cried)

I hope everyone else's family and friends are more thoughtful of what mine have been lately and if not I am here to share feelings and frustrations with because it seems like everyone besides my hubby and friend who has been through three know how I feel and except why I feel this way..

Glad u gave her the business!:thumbup:
Ive already started on the aspirin...... and now im thinking of not using protection :blush:(not necessarily TRYING to get preggers, but just cant fathim using protection with hubby, and both MC were around 5 weeks so i dont think theres a HUGE strain on my body)

My family is hit and miss.... my mother was NO support what so ever and my sister feels bad but thinks im doing somthing wrong bc she hasnt known anyone that MC. My hubby is great, he just doesnt know exactly what to say other than "we will have one eventually" and my mother-in-law actually has been very good about it all. Sending me emails with jokes to make me laugh, and checking up on me. She also was willing to come to my Dr.s apt with me and told me to leave work eearly the day i was first bleeding from the 2nd MC so i can be with her to let it all out.

I swear, i really feel unless you have been in our situations, ppl just dont understand.... thats y i do feel having a MC def. makes me more sensitive for women with fertility issues etc. So i am trying to take all that is good from my/our situation. It def. keeps my mind open about planning kids in the future. before i wanted to wait about 1.5 years before trying to have another after the 1st, but seeing how difficult it can be, i think after i have my first ill leave it to chance! (and for a while i wont be stressing over getting a BFP bc ill hopefully have a little one already to take care of!)

I got my first beta results back. My HCG is at 799 so they will check me again in a week. Seems like it is going down rather quickly since I'm assuming it was substantially higher before that.

My mom is super supportive but a little overbearing at the same time. She has been super anxious the entire second pregnancy but she is sensitive to the situation. I have three older sister. One who has just given birth to her fourth child with no mc or fertility issues what so ever so I don't think she understands. One of my other sisters has three kids but she has suffered three miscarriages as well as giving birth three months premature and losing that baby after one months time. She is very supportive unfortunately we have never been all that close but I know she is there for me if I need her. My husbands brother and his wife have a little boy and just got pregnant around the same time I did. She miscarried as well :( If they didn't live out of state, I think I would have gotten much closer to her.

its just so sad these types of things happen :nope:

but i know eventually one will stick and we all will for sure be moms someday, thats all i can wish/hope for

I know I should wait.. Today I feel like crying but I can't because it's 6:30 am and I was woken up to a text from a friend saying they might be pregnant now and she doesn't know what she she should do because they are getting married in three months. And she is really thinking about getting plan b.

I don't know if you guys feel this way but sometimes I don't see where the thought process happens before people start telling/asking things.. She knew I just lost a baby and how bad I wanted it and now she is telling me she might be.

If one of my friends done that to me i would be soooooo annoyed i dont even think i could txt her back, like you said, she knew you had lost a baby and how badly you want one so i think shes not thinking. Obviously her head is in a mess as shes thinking of plan B but surely she would think 'oh hang on, should i really be txting her given what she has been through recently??' xxx

Hi Ladies I am new to this little group I've recently had two losses one in jan and the second the 7th April. The day after I had my scan to make sure my uterus was empty my best friend who is the only one who knew about both pregnancies and losses sent me a text with a photo of not one but two positive pregnancy tests. He can't understand why I am so upset and why it was a really hurtful thing to do. Hopefully I'll have my own BFP soon and can forget about hers.

I know I should wait.. Today I feel like crying but I can't because it's 6:30 am and I was woken up to a text from a friend saying they might be pregnant now and she doesn't know what she she should do because they are getting married in three months. And she is really thinking about getting plan b.

I don't know if you guys feel this way but sometimes I don't see where the thought process happens before people start telling/asking things.. She knew I just lost a baby and how bad I wanted it and now she is telling me she might be.

If one of my friends done that to me i would be soooooo annoyed i dont even think i could txt her back, like you said, she knew you had lost a baby and how badly you want one so i think shes not thinking. Obviously her head is in a mess as shes thinking of plan B but surely she would think 'oh hang on, should i really be txting her given what she has been through recently??' xxx

Hi Ladies I am new to this little group I've recently had two losses one in jan and the second the 7th April. The day after I had my scan to make sure my uterus was empty my best friend who is the only one who knew about both pregnancies and losses sent me a text with a photo of not one but two positive pregnancy tests. He can't understand why I am so upset and why it was a really hurtful thing to do. Hopefully I'll have my own BFP soon and can forget about hers.

Im sorry hun :hugs:

some ppl can be SUPER incensitive. I hope you were honest with them and said how ur not in the right spot right now and it hurts u really bad.

Itll be your turn soon, a sticky bean is in all of our futures!

Straub, I totally know where your coming from and I told my sister yesterday that her telling me she might be pregnant was the last thing I ever wanted to here after a miscarriage.
As for my "friend" I am rethinking our friendship, after I asked her the reason of why she would want to take plan b pill she told me she didn't want to be fat at her wedding, she wanted to be able to drink on her wedding, bachelorette party, and honeymoon, and get her tattoo touched up next month.. I told her those were the most selfish reasons I could have ever heard someone come up with to try and prevent a baby, and that if I could go back and be a fat pregnant cow puking on my wedding I would if it meant that I would/ could have a healthy baby.. She lied to me and said she wouldn't take it, I asked if she only said that because that is what I preferred and she said ya she took the pill and is very happy with her decision................. I don't think she is a real friend and I don't think I want to associate myself with an extremely selfish person that could really care less about what another person is feeling

I have a question for you ladies, I have been reading other threads and some ladies said they ovulated within two weeks after their miscarriage. If my miscarriage bleeding started on April seventh and on April 16 my levels were at 20 is there anyway ovulation could have already occured? I had an abundance of cm this past weekend and into Monday and Tuesday but now it's tapering off and I'm am really confused..

I have a question for you ladies, I have been reading other threads and some ladies said they ovulated within two weeks after their miscarriage. If my miscarriage bleeding started on April seventh and on April 16 my levels were at 20 is there anyway ovulation could have already occured? I had an abundance of cm this past weekend and into Monday and Tuesday but now it's tapering off and I'm am really confused..

Form what i understand, you are not able to ovulate until your HCG levels are back down to <5. I order to ov again your body needs to go through its different hormone cycles again before the follicle (egg) can be mature enough to be released. When HCG is present in your body it prevents estrogen from increasing causing you to ov. (HCG is what triggers and tells ur body theres a baby and your corpus lutem produces Progesterone to keep u from having your period until the placenta takes over with the hormones (which is at about 12 weeks pregnant)) This is why if a women isnt producing enough progesterone in early pregnancy she will end up MC the baby

Also, after my first MC i noticed i ovulated a week later than i normally do (i follow EWCM as my sign of OV.) and sure enough 11 DPO and even before an AF i got my faint + which increasingly got darker... but then a week later i ended up MC again. I have yet to see EWCM yet but i only MC for the 2nd time on 04/17 which was a week and a half ago... so im assuming i wont Ov for another 2 weeks. (I am assuming i Ov'd a week later bc it took a few extra days to get all my HCG outa my system before i could get my cycle back going again)

Women that Ov' 2 weeks after a MC etc. probably had shorter cycles to begin with before they had their MC. (my cycles were either 33 or 34 days long) and i usually saw my EWCM on CD18-20.

I hate this waiting game....

I could have had zero hcg last week but just don't know what day so maybe my body is just flowing with me emotions since yesterday was very emotional.. I just hate waiting though although this month instead of preventing we are not trying not preventing so we will just have to see what happens and I'll take a test once a week to see whether I am or am not.

I could have had zero hcg last week but just don't know what day so maybe my body is just flowing with me emotions since yesterday was very emotional.. I just hate waiting though although this month instead of preventing we are not trying not preventing so we will just have to see what happens and I'll take a test once a week to see whether I am or am not.

try to stay calm tho..... i know its a tough time, but stress and such can cause a delay in ov etc.

My 2nd pregnancy right after my 1st MC my Dr. thought it was left over hormone and im like NO WAT IT IS bc i had neg. results when i MC and got + ones that kept getting darker....so then i went in and got HCG levels checked, so for next time we could track what my levels were at.

Yea hubby and i arent being careful :blush: its just hard too....feels wierd.... and honestly, i dont wanna miss my little sticky bean!!

Hello ladies-

Finally got the courage to post in here. We just lost our first pregnancy on the 22nd of April @ 6 weeks. We had been trying for 16 months so we are obviously devastated. I had my blood drawn twice this week to follow it down to zero. Monday was 1212 yesterday it was 314 so it is dropping very quickly. I have my next draw on Tuesday and I'm hoping it will show a 0 so we can start trying again right away.

Never expected to have this happen to us after trying for so long, just hope that it won't take that long to fall pg again. :cry:

@ Trishg21- I am so sorry for your loss...the pain never goes away, but every day gets easier...
Talking about it has certainly helped me out alot and I hope it benefits you...

The day I knew I was MCing, just 3 days ago on the 24th, they checked my bHCG in the ER and my #s were only 8...everything had already been happening...My urine HCG came up negative since the need a minimum of 25 to even register as a positive...

It's so frustrating...i have an appt on Tuesday to have my levels checked again and I'm gonna talk to my primary care Doc about getting referred to OB/GYN to talk to them since I've had 2 MCs now...

I've been trying to gather information and possible things to help out for the next time. I picked up baby aspirin, ovulation test strips and pre-seed too...

I hope all our little angel babies hear us and tell their future brothers or sisters it's okay to come down and meet their future mommies and daddies...

Hi trish, I am sorry for your loss and sad that we have to meet here but the ladies everywhere give encouragement and for me as well talk about it makes it easier (more on here though because everyone understands the emotions). To be honest though there will be good days and bad days in the future and through all of them we will be here right along with you.

Little J we are in the same situation about the protection, one the only protection we ever used was me on bc pills, and the other is thinking that if it happens it's for a reason and preventing it at this point makes me more sad and makes it harder to move on them anything.

I hope we all have little sticky beans next month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->