Anyone Needing Extra Sleep?

Mrs L

Reaction score
So i was reading on the internet that no matter what time you put a baby down once they start sleeping through at night ie more than 6 hours they will wake up at the same time!

So Niamh was going to bed at 10-11pm and waking up at 8am. Don't get me wrong i wasn't unhappy with this but did wonder if it was too late but i would rather go to bed later than get up earlier if that makes sense:blush:

I decided to give this theory a little test aroony!

Day one got up at 8am changed Niamhs feeding pattern so she could fit them in bath at 8pm then bottle 8:30pm bed at 9pm

Day two up at 8am bath at 7:45 bottle 8:15 bed 8:45

Day three up at 8am bath at 7:30 bottle 8am bed 8:30

Obviously it took some work as her feeds needed changing so did it bit at a time but it was sooooooo worth it !!!

I can't beleive it actually works 3 days of hard work have resulted in my little darling sleeping from 8:30pm -8am every night for the past 8 nights! I feel loads better me and OH are getting some quality time :blush: and baba is sooooooooo happy when she wakes up feeding better throughout the day! :happydance:

Sorry if it seems like i am boasting but i just wanted to share with all you other lovely mummies that may be struggling that it does work!

P.s Not for the faint hearted the 3 day were tough!!!!! i mean really tough but stick at it!!! xxxxxxx:cloud9:

Oh yeah my baby is 13 weeks old if anyone is thinking comparrison ages!

This is really interesting! Thank you for posting it!

I don't think my LO is ready for it yet - he sleeps for 8 hrs on occasion but sometimes it's just 5 hrs.

maybe try it when he is doing 7-8 hours for a full week!

I'll definitely keep it in mind :D

I wish Hannah would sleep through but she still needs to eat at least once during the night :D

5 weeks

10pm untill 8am

12 weeks

8pm untill 8am

now

8-10pm untill 7-8am

Unless it's this morning when she decided to wake up at 6.30. :(:(

You certainly have a good little girly there toria!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->