anyone over 35 going for fertility treatments this year? IUI, IVF etc

Wishing you & your DH the bestest of luck & :dust:! Hope you get your :bfp: soon :hugs:

Hi Sarah-

I have one round of Clomid behind me and took this cycle off to see if I could do it on my own; I'm pretty sure tomorrow or Monday will be CD1. I am not sure if I will go back on it this next cycle or not- I had some vision problems with it that scared me, but knowing what to expect now might make it easier.

If we don't have success by August, I would like to try IUI, but my DH has some reservations with it. I don't know anyone personally who has had the procedure done & I have some questions about it that I don't think a doctor can really answer.

I have to admit, I am so scared of it failing that I might be using him as my excuse.

I want Clomid ASAP....I don't think we'll be up for doing anything beyond that...

hi there all, i am thinking of doing IUI within the next six months (if i can wait out that long! ha ha) if no natural conception by then as ttc for 1yr now. in the meantime, accupuncture and more vits for me and OH i guess. let's support each other!

Good luck ladies for all of u wotever u decide to do ,we are all here for you :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Hi Sarah-

I have one round of Clomid behind me and took this cycle off to see if I could do it on my own; I'm pretty sure tomorrow or Monday will be CD1. I am not sure if I will go back on it this next cycle or not- I had some vision problems with it that scared me, but knowing what to expect now might make it easier.

If we don't have success by August, I would like to try IUI, but my DH has some reservations with it. I don't know anyone personally who has had the procedure done & I have some questions about it that I don't think a doctor can really answer.

I have to admit, I am so scared of it failing that I might be using him as my excuse.

yeah Im a bit nervous about the side effects, some people seem fine and others have quite a hard time. As I mentioned I feel that if Im already on clomid I might as well have the IUI as well for increased chances. It doesnt sound invasive at all so Im not too worried about it. IVF I would be more scared of, thats a lot of money if it fails. lets hope we can get a bfp before :hugs:

I want Clomid ASAP....I don't think we'll be up for doing anything beyond that...

may I ask why? just interested in what other people decide. if you do get clomid let me know how it is. will you have the follicle monitoring with it? some people just get the prescription but at my clinic they would monitor and tell me when to BD (I think, thats the impression i got)

hi there all, i am thinking of doing IUI within the next six months (if i can wait out that long! ha ha) if no natural conception by then as ttc for 1yr now. in the meantime, accupuncture and more vits for me and OH i guess. let's support each other!

hoping you will get a BFP before you go any further!

As I said earlier, now that I know how I react to it, i might find it much easier. My biggest issue was that it totally dried out my CM, so next we added Preseed. i will never use that stuff again, lol. I tried just the smallest amount and found it too messy. We haven't discussed in depth when we would decide it's all too much and i fear that I won't know when to stop.

may I ask why? just interested in what other people decide. if you do get clomid let me know how it is. will you have the follicle monitoring with it? some people just get the prescription but at my clinic they would monitor and tell me when to BD (I think, thats the impression i got)

There have been so many Clomid success stories here...and I am impatient...If Clomid can give me a stronger ovulation, then I'd like the extra boost, and it's the least invasive thing you can do. I will let you know how it is if/when I get it. How do they go about doing the follicle monitoring? If it's invasive, I would probably skip it. I have a strong aversion to Docs, Doc offices, medical procedures, etc...

My DH gets his SA a week from tomorrow...

There have been so many Clomid success stories here...and I am impatient...If Clomid can give me a stronger ovulation, then I'd like the extra boost, and it's the least invasive thing you can do. I will let you know how it is if/when I get it. How do they go about doing the follicle monitoring? If it's invasive, I would probably skip it. I have a strong aversion to Docs, Doc offices, medical procedures, etc...

sorry I meant why regarding the only doing clomid and not taking anything further....just interested why not

I think the follicle monitoring is by ultrasound, Im the same as you and hate doctors and them fiddling 'up there'....I once fainted on a pap smear as it was at a teaching hospital and they had a camera up there and I saw it on the screen! I was so scared going for a sono where they put a catheter right up into the uterus (but it wasnt that painful).

good luck on the SA :flower:

sorry I meant why regarding the only doing clomid and not taking anything further....just interested why not

Like I said, I have a strong aversion to Docs, Doc offices, medical procedures, and such....and I am of the mindset....if it's meant to be, then it will be....that's just me...maybe i will change my mind...who knows?...we prefer to go the adoption route if it doesn't happen for us....

Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me joining you too! We're just about to start IUI this cycle, with AF due any day soon hopefully. We have ben trying on and off for 11 years now, I had a large cyst removed at the end of 2010 and then we managed to conceive in Feb (I am pretty sure that the cyst was really hindering conception) sadly we mc'd fairly early on and in the meantime we had been having some more tests done. The tests showed that I was at a higher risk of mc so our clinic was tailored our cycle accordingly! Anyway! Would love to keep up to date with what everyone decides xx

FXed for you Mrs Wonder...wow, 11 years of TTC...I admire your determination and strength...Just wondering how the clinic tailored your cycle to accommodate your higher miscarriage risk status?

Keep in mind that Clomid has side effects that work against fertility as well - drying out of cervical mucus, and thinning the lining of the uterus. If your problem is with ovulation, then Clomid would be great. But I think its best to let a doctor run some tests first to see what the problem may be to target that specifically. Other problems don't necessarily mean something invasive. E.g. it could be an undetected bacterial infection in which case antibiotics could clear it up.

If you have blocked tubes, no amount of clomid is going to get the eggs to the sperm. Maybe you don't want to go through the invasiveness of ivf, but at least you will know where the problem lies.

Keep in mind that Clomid has side effects that work against fertility as well - drying out of cervical mucus, and thinning the lining of the uterus. If your problem is with ovulation, then Clomid would be great. But I think its best to let a doctor run some tests first to see what the problem may be to target that specifically. Other problems don't necessarily mean something invasive. E.g. it could be an undetected bacterial infection in which case antibiotics could clear it up.

If you have blocked tubes, no amount of clomid is going to get the eggs to the sperm. Maybe you don't want to go through the invasiveness of ivf, but at least you will know where the problem lies.

yes some very good points. my FS seems to have a set way that she works....first the blood tests and the SA, then the ultrasound, if anything is suspected then a sono. only then will she move to any kind of treatment. I like this, as I have heard of people having IVF cancelled as they have a big polyp in the way and I wonder well why wasnt that noticed before!!

she has mentioned clomid to me next even though I seem to be ovulating fine. but I think it can help with the quality of the eggs and I thought it could help the lining too. when she mentioned IUI I said why would that help as hubby has great sperm so probably swimming where they are supposed to be already. but she said its the combo of clomid boosting the eggs and the washed sperm thats a good combo for many. Ive read some womens cervical fluid is just too strong for the sperm or the wrong ph and so this is helped with iui.

eggs and the washed sperm thats a good combo for many. Ive read some womens cervical fluid is just too strong for the sperm or the wrong ph and so this is helped with iui.
The pH can be tested, and if its too acidic I have read douching (which you normally DON'T want to do) with a special baking soda and water mixture can help. As well as cutting out acidic foods.

To see if the cervical mucus is "hostile" they can do a post-coital test. I am hoping they will do one before assuming unexplained infertility. So they examine the cervical mucus around ovulation time within x number of hours of intercourse, and they expect to find live sperm swimming in the mucus.

If the mucus is hostile I believe there is some medication they can give to help with that to block the immune system functioning. I believe this is most successful if used in conjunction with IUI. But I think IUI on its own your body could still be killing off the sperm with antisperm antibodies even if the problem is not with the cervix itself.

I've done it, 4 times actually. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->