anyone over 35 going for fertility treatments this year? IUI, IVF etc

Awwww!! Sarah he is absolutely gawwwjas!!!! Blue Peter Badge winging its way to ya!! Well done you!!
All gooey and goofey now....I shall have to jump himself tonight and REALLY try for another bundle!!!
Best of luck hunny!!!
xxx

I just had the craziest thing happen. After 3 failed IUI's and making a decision to go with IVF (thanks to the support of ladies on here) I asked my doc to do an HSG test just to clear everything out. Nothing went through my right tube so it is either blocked or doc said it could have been a spasm. After consulting with him and him realizing I only had enough money for 1 IVF treatment, he suggested 2 more IUI's. So, I took October "off" (didn't even try naturally, drank like a fish, etc.). Waiting for period to start so I could schedule my next HSG (he wanted to do it again to see if it was just a spasm). 2 days late for my period and breasts so sore I could hardly touch them, I decided to swing by the store and get a pg test just to make sure I wasn't. And guess what....:bfp:!!

I know I have a long way to go, but I haven't seen a BFP in 2 years! I did start taking Royal Jelly the first 2 weeks of this cycle, but stopped after it was making my breasts sore due to the estrogenic effect. I called my RE and they suggested I don't take it since my last estrogen test was high. So I stopped. I went instead to a fertility smoothie that my accupuncturist gave me-trying to "prep" for next cycle. I don't know if it was the lack of stress, or the royal jelly, or the smoothie, or the prayers. All I know is I am beside myself excited after 5 years of unexplained. I will keep you posted. :dust:

Yeah Suzi Q - congratulations on the BFP!!! Have you called to schedule your blood test??? Can't wait to hear the results!!

Yeah Suzi Q - congratulations on the BFP!!! Have you called to schedule your blood test??? Can't wait to hear the results!!

Thank you! I had my blood drawn today, so I will know results tomorrow and will post then. Fingers are majorly crossed.

wow suzi great news!! fingers crossed for the results, hope you are one of those miracle BFP stories :hugs:

hi everyone else! :flower:

I got my blood results today and it was 420, which she said was good for 18 dpo. But I had the worst cramps today that lasted for about 2 hours, like really bad menstrual cramps. The doc gave me some progesterone to "calm" my uterus. Have any of you heard of successful pregnancies even though there was major cramping early on? I am worried.

Hi Suzi Q,

I'm hoping your BFP rubs off on me...

Suzy_Q

;-)

suzi- i think you will have a harder time finding anyone who DIDN'T have cramps. seems to be the uterus stretching out. did she test your progesterone level? might be worth it just to know if it is an issue. (though ive never heard of using it to "calm" the uterus). as long as you aren't getting bright red blood (brown spotting is not uncommon) all sounds good

DrSquid, saw on another thread your having your babies tomorrow :) Just wanted to wish you best of luck :hugs:

Ohh so exciting....we want to hear your story!!!

i went into labor at 3am on monday. waited to wake the folks til 5:30 and finally went in at around 7:30 am.. i was at about 3cm but they had trouble measuring because i was 100% effaced. that exam was one of the most painful things ive ever felt. anyway, they finally got me a room at 11:45 am and i was unchanged. at which point i said i wanted an epidural. the anesthesiologists was awesome. super nice guy. anyway. he put it in, no problem, first test dose, no problem.. 2nd.. i start feeling dizzy. then dizzier etc pressure dropped to 60/30... oops. my folks were freaked but doc was calm and all over it so i wasnt worried. apparently it was because i was dehydrated. dropped about 3 more times but never as significantly and never again after the very beginning. anyway i spent the after noon hanging out on fb etc etc. the boy had dropped his heart rate when my pressure dropped but then after that it was pretty high so they didnt wanna give me pit... but as it turns out, i was having contractions every 2-3 minutes anyway. they checked me again at about 4 something when i was having pain again, and i was at 8cm. my doc wasnt available til after 5:30 but... it was all good. got to complete maybe an hour later and they had me push in the labor room to +2 station. i also had a few ice chips at this point (first thing i had since 5 am)... bad idea, puked the whole way to the or.. but once they got me dosed up again on the epidural i was fine. pushed for 30 min in the or (for a total of 45 min) and had Lila at 7:19 pm. 19.5 inches 5 lbs 7 oz. The boy was head down but... sunnyside up. Had a horrible time getting him under the pubic bone. I thnk the fact i stayed in such good shape really helped me here. I had to keep getting them to topup the epidural because i couldnt cope with the pain at all. Theyd have me push 3 times with each contraction and Id push 1 time then couldnt keep going, the pain was just too insane. Once the epidural was topped up, figured out where/how to push was harder but at least i could do it. Slept between contractions. Took over 2 more hours to push him out, and they had to use the vacuum. I knew if i didnt give it everything i was getting both a long labor and a section... luckily he was a trooper and kept his heart rate good etc. Oliver was born at 9:50 pm 20 inches, 6 lbs 3 oz. Both passed their hearing tests and had low to intermediate bili... so we got to go home wednesday. been pumping but still have colostrum so im only getting maybe a cc at a time. they nursed all night (was having good luck getting them to latch but theyd then they wouldnt suck). got a 2nd degree perineal tear and "skid marks" but other than that ive been fine.. only been taking motrin for it.. and ive picked up all the swelling i didnt get during pregnancy from all the fluids they pumped into me.. only lost 13lbs (weighed myself when i came home but... i wasnt weighed at the hospital and i dont know how high it went with all the fluids). so we will see...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 12
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 15
Oh my gosh dr.s those babies are adorable!!! You did an amazing job getting them here, you should be proud of yourself :) Both look happy and healthy:hugs::hugs: Congrats again and if you decide to start a parenting journal or something let us know:)

My goodness, in tears and smiling for you Squid! What a sweet pair!!! Congrats momma!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->