anyone over 35 going for fertility treatments this year? IUI, IVF etc

Most probably an HSG which is to see your tubes are clear, AMH,FSH, pelvic ultrasound and for your hubby they may or may not do another SA. If all looks fine they will likely tell you unexplained and offer to start treatment. It moves along pretty quickly :thumbup:

hi LL! I did have a sneaky look for you when I came on as hoped to see a bfp....did you try the IUI in the end?

hi crystal...how are you doing, are you going for a donor cycle yet? I saw Hockey got pregnant with a doner egg, so happy for her and FXd.

omg dr squid they are so cute!! how are you coping with twins?

Im so tempted to transfer 2 when I do the FET next month but worry about twins and my c section scar as Im doing it earlier than they want. plus the thought of twins plus a toddler terrifies me, but I do want the best chance.

Sarah - how long did they tell you to wait before trying again? I was told 8 months at first, then my GP said "anytime" after 6 months.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well, I have some catching up to do as usual.....

I'm back after a long spell. Nothing much new here, been on Saizen, Metformin and Gonal F, but no luck yet.

I thought to pop back in an let you know that the doctor started me on new treatment, maybe you have heard of it, Menopur. It's supposed to be more effective than Saizen, and the doctor said it's getting good reviews in the States for women like myself, over 40, poor egg quality.

It's been disappointing that I've been on twice-weekly Saizen shots at $100 each since January but no BFP yet, when last July, the one time I ever got preggers was after only two shots. Well that and the 3 months of DHEA and supplements.

I thought you'd like to hear about this treatment, and I'd love to hear if you've heard about it too.

Miss you all and wish you well,
Alex
:dust::hugs:

Hi ladies, sorry have not been active quite sometimes. Hope everyone doing okay. Sarah, just read you're trying again...happy for you. And for those who successed, congratulations and who still trying, hang in there and good luck, your time will come.

hi LL! I did have a sneaky look for you when I came on as hoped to see a bfp....did you try the IUI in the end?

hi crystal...how are you doing, are you going for a donor cycle yet? I saw Hockey got pregnant with a doner egg, so happy for her and FXd.

Im so tempted to transfer 2 when I do the FET next month but worry about twins and my c section scar as Im doing it earlier than they want. plus the thought of twins plus a toddler terrifies me, but I do want the best chance.

Sarah - how long did they tell you to wait before trying again? I was told 8 months at first, then my GP said "anytime" after 6 months.

hi hopeful! I just replied to your PM and saw this, wow we are so similar. did you have natural birth? as I think its different. I was forced into a c section as my liver enzymes were elevated. so they say between c sections to wait 18 months minimum, meaning I start at 9 months. but my FS said ok to 6 months, as it might take a few tries. I think the fear is labour after a c section can cause rupture so means Id have to have another c section but thats ok as I want another asap as im 40. If it happens in the first 3 months I will just take it easy when im further along (might be hard with a toddler but we will see!). so if you had natural birth I dont think theres a time limit??

do you wonder how many of your 6 frozen will be 'good'? I wonder all the time, FS says 50% is usual but can be less at my age. Out of my 10 I had 2 implanted in my fresh cycle bfn...who knows if they were good but my body rejected or not good. so I could have no good ones left, they are graded less than my others so we will see.

LL did you have your IUI easter sunday? have you been testing?

rona hi! not too long for you now, how are you feeling?

crystal why are you going to cape town out of interest? thats very exciting, hockey got her bfp with a donor im so happy for her

Hi Sarah,

I am doing pretty good, it an easy pregnancy so far. I don't have any morning sickness. Very active. My Dr. made a comment that an easy pregnancy and things look great for me, just to get pregnant the hardest part :)

yes trigger was on Good Friday and IUI on Easter Sunday :haha:

not testing yet...too soon as I am only 5dpiui plus trigger is still in my system...so have to wait the 2 weeks

ooooh fingers crossed for you
how many follicles did you have and how was sperm count?

Sarah and Squid - love the photos!

Sarah - so excited you are going for it again. Wishing you all the best!! I will likely be doing IVF again sometime late 2013, early 2014... we'll see! No frosties unfortunately.

omg everyone I just did a pregnancy test and i got 2 lines :baby:
I am in complete shock. I did ovulation sticks this month as i wanted to know roughly when my cycle will start for my FET and we BD'd about around then but honestly after 2 years of infertility, 3 failed IUIs and 1 failed IVF never in a million years did I think it would happen naturally. Im in complete shock. Im worried like what if its not a good embryo or its implanted near my c section incision etc. I got 2 very strong lines on the frer. My period was supposed to be coming around friday and so for fun I peed on the internet cheapy as I didnt feel pre period like and you should have seen my face when I saw a faint 2nd line!! what an amazing feeling. yikes please let it be sticky [-o< I guess you can be quite fertile after a baby but also I do wonder if the no stress thing plays a big part? ive been doing acupuncture 2 times a week as was preparing for my FET. oh wow what do I do now, better call see if I need progesterone etc.

Sarah, that is amazing!!!! CONGRATS!!! I was once told that our immune systems, and fertility is primed for pregnancy for 18 months after we've had a baby. I had a lot of trouble concieving DD and got pregnant first try with DS when she was 10 months. I used Clomid both times but wasn't expecting a BFP my first month trying after trying so long with DD.

As for a good embryo, I wouldn't worry about it:) You can't do anything anyway so you might as well enjoy your gorgeous boy and stay positive for this one :hugs::hugs:

hi hopeful! I just replied to your PM and saw this, wow we are so similar. did you have natural birth? as I think its different. I was forced into a c section as my liver enzymes were elevated. so they say between c sections to wait 18 months minimum, meaning I start at 9 months. but my FS said ok to 6 months, as it might take a few tries. I think the fear is labour after a c section can cause rupture so means Id have to have another c section but thats ok as I want another asap as im 40. If it happens in the first 3 months I will just take it easy when im further along (might be hard with a toddler but we will see!). so if you had natural birth I dont think theres a time limit??

do you wonder how many of your 6 frozen will be 'good'? I wonder all the time, FS says 50% is usual but can be less at my age. Out of my 10 I had 2 implanted in my fresh cycle bfn...who knows if they were good but my body rejected or not good. so I could have no good ones left, they are graded less than my others so we will see.

LL did you have your IUI easter sunday? have you been testing?

rona hi! not too long for you now, how are you feeling?

crystal why are you going to cape town out of interest? thats very exciting, hockey got her bfp with a donor im so happy for her

Australia only allows known donors, they cannot be compensated so they have to volunteer and it isn't annonymous. Oh and they also have to be finished having their own family which really restricts our choices:shrug:

Cape town will cost the same for the entire trip as the DE cycle here because the Aussie dollar is good and we can choose a donor that resembles me or whatever features we were looking for. Its also annonymous which is important to us, I'll always be upfront with any babies concieved through DEIVF but I don't want a relationship with the egg donor.:thumbup:

OMG Sarah! That is amazing!! What a wonderful surprise!!!

So have you called for a blood test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->