anyone over 35 going for fertility treatments this year? IUI, IVF etc

katniss1,
i don't have any advice, but i am sending positive thoughts your way.

it sounds like you've been through a lot. hopefully an answer will come to you.

:hug:

Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm 37, almost 38, and I had my first IVF in Feb. it was unsuccessful, and we don't have any frozen embryos. After talking with my RE we have decided to use donor eggs this coming cycle. We just picked a donor and are currently waiting on a calendar to get started on syncing our cycles.

I was just about to ask about your reasons for going with donor eggs- but I saw someone else has already asked! I'm also 38 & about to see a FS for the first time. Am a bit apprehensive about what they will want to do test wise. I'm a nurse myself but I'm not keen on anything too invasive for me personally! Bit of a chicken actually! : ) also I don't want my OH to be put off by too many tests or even questions that are too personal..
Oh well, I won't know until we go.

Good luck with your egg donor!

Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm 37, almost 38, and I had my first IVF in Feb. it was unsuccessful, and we don't have any frozen embryos. After talking with my RE we have decided to use donor eggs this coming cycle. We just picked a donor and are currently waiting on a calendar to get started on syncing our cycles.

I was just about to ask about your reasons for going with donor eggs- but I saw someone else has already asked! I'm also 38 & about to see a FS for the first time. Am a bit apprehensive about what they will want to do test wise. I'm a nurse myself but I'm not keen on anything too invasive for me personally! Bit of a chicken actually! : ) also I don't want my OH to be put off by too many tests or even questions that are too personal..
Oh well, I won't know until we go.

Good luck with your egg donor!

Thanks! I think by the time you get to this point, there is nothing that is off limits. If you have a good sector, it won't matter what he asks, you will feel comfortable enough to answer. :blush:
DH and I had to complete a huge profile before we even saw the RE. Mine was about 12 pages long and DH was about 8. It asked everything, but like I said once you get to a certain point it becomes almost routine. Good Luck! :thumbup:

Hi ladies,

How all of you doing? Just an update. Our baby boy was born 4 weeks ago and we're doing good :)

Yup... Icsi no. 3...
Al's great until now... In the tww...

Hockey,

His name is Aidan Zachary :). Here the pic.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2851/9086759536_942ede53cb.jpg

Congrats on ur lil bundle of joy
He has the most adorable, kissable cheeks... God bless him Rona...

Sarah loving the ticker :happydance:

Rona he's so beautiful!!!! Congrats momma!!!!! Very happy for you!!!!

Rona - he is adorable and I love his name! Congratulations!! So precious!!

Hi Ladies,

Am back after a long spell, hope you are are very well and have great news, I always have to start reading backwards when I do this! :dust:

I will bring you up to speed on what has been happening with me, and ask you for your advice.

Well, I just turned 43 a few weeks back. That is supposed to be a kind of milestone, or a point of no return. But the doc says things like my body age is younger than my biological age (or is that my biological age???).

We have been trying to get pregnant again as we did for the first and only time this time last year. Some of you may know we lost the baby last November.

Anyway, we have had no success this year. Earlier in the year was on weekly HGH shots and some Metformin, sometimes Femara, once Gonal-F.

Then my cycles got all weird, and that is what I want to ask you ladies. I used to have very regular 28-day cycles. But my periods have become lighter over the past year.

What is scary is that I just today had a 19-day cycle, and I had a 17-day one a few cycles ago. Then there was that long 34-day cycle:

Start Date Length

22-Aug - just started
3-Aug - 19 days
7-Jul - 27 days
20-Jun - 17 days
17-May - 34 days
19-Apr - 28 days
24-Mar - 26 days
28-Feb - 24 days
29-Jan - 30 days
3-Jan - 28 days

Average: 26
Normal: 28

I know this isn't good news, but how bad is it? :huh:

We did pee tests from Day 7 (9-Aug) until Day 16 (16-Aug), the test was never positive. This is a concern......:nope::huh:.

We have been trying naturally this past cycle, after giving up the meds for a couple months. I started a new HGH plan where instead of the twice weekly long needles, am doing once-daily pen needles.

Meanwhile, hoping your news is better than mine. But am keeping positive and looking forward.

Alex

My cycles also got shorter in the past year...24/25 days... I started doing fertility massage and I just had a 27 days cycle! and the flow was 5 days long! coincidence? no idea, but I am thinking my body is resetting again...also from all the meds and stuff I did. I also stopped everything so perhaps that is why? it takes a bit for your body to detox from it all. So I am staying hopeful...

You mentioned that you have given up meds for a couple of months. When did that begin. I think your body is adjusting to that change.

Byanymeans I don't really know...I feel quite lost myself lately.

I've seen LL have really good results coming off everything and I've seen others who have taken herbal treatments to an extreme and got pg.:shrug: that was NotRustyYet. She has a thread all about it.

I do know that I feel I'm on the down hill slope and I'm getting more intervention.

PP, I stopped the Metformin / Femura about two months ago, and took a 2 week break from the Saizen about the same time. I restarted a different HGH from Saizen, Nortropin, which is a lesser, daily dose rather than the twice-weekly dose. I just restarted Femura today, but not Metformin or anything else.

I think you're probably right. But with not ovulating last cycle, the erratic-ness of my cycles and my light flow, I am pretty concerned.

Hi Milty, long time and good to hear from you and see you're still here. ! will look into NotRustyYet's journal. I must say that I feel much like you seem to.

Crystal - looks like I have some other reading to do! Pray you and everyone here are well.

rona he is gorgeous! Aidan is one of my final choices for bub 2, Ethan is the other. how are you doing?

hockey omg I dont think I knew you are team blue x 2? how wonderful! how are you feeling?

hi LL, how are you doing?

im now 26 weeks and EXHAUSTED! everything is more uncomfortable much quicker with #2, my midwife says its always like that with #2 but also as mine we so close, im like yeah yeah I know they are close lol. Cieran is crawling and into everything so its hard but Im loving it. He is also 23 pounds (tall and lean) and so its hard to lift him.

we are not finding out gender and its driving me crazy. i'll attach the 20 week and 3D ultrasound if you want to guess! and a newish photo of my lil man

good luck to everyone, I had such a struggle for 2 years that I will never forget and feel so lucky to be where I am. We never know whats around the corner, life is funny.

Attachments

• 1075642_10151808520533000_874138736_n.jpg
    1075642_10151808520533000_874138736_n.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 971412_10151848463263000_41761609_n.jpg
    971412_10151848463263000_41761609_n.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 1016396_10151846818178000_445619469_n.jpg
    1016396_10151846818178000_445619469_n.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 1016396_10151846818183000_134306704_n.jpg
    1016396_10151846818183000_134306704_n.jpg