Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

Marathongirl, so good to hear you are doing well :)

I just got back from my RE and the scan showed about 13 follicles all growing together in unison, I'm on day 6of stims And it looks like I'll only have three more :)
Egg collection is Monday or Tuesday and fingers crossed they will all babe healthy Nd mature :)

Marathongirl & BBBliss, glad you are both progressing so well. Can not wait to hear your updates.

Saintlysue, thank you for thinking of me :)

I just got back from RE and this is my 8th day of stims I still have the same 13 follicles growing and some a lagging behind a little but I hope they'll catch up. It looks like I'll trigger Sunday evening for a Tuesday retrieval but could possibly go for a Wednesday retrieval. I have to say that so far I'm really happy with the progress and I'm pleasantly surprised my Dr chose a protocol that worked for me right of the bat. I'm very lucky that at this age my body still responded like everyone else or like woman several years younger. Now we need to see the quality of those eggs and its all happens next week.

Say a prayer for me ladies...

BBbliss- so glad to hear that you are progressing well! I'm praying that you get some healthy embryos from this!!! Can't wait to see how it all goes for you.
AFM- I sadly miscarried starting yesterday. I'm sad but was also half expecting it given my betas. We will try again and keep trying until I run out of eggs. So glad to have found you ladies to share the journey with!

Marathon, I'm so sorry you miscarried... It's sad...

I like you determination, I feel the same way and that's why I wanted to use my own eggs. As sad as this must be for you right now, don't feel discouraged and I hope you come back with some good news again soon.

Marathon - :hug: I am so sorry for your loss... You have a wonderful attitude !!

Thanks ladies. It hurts and I am taking my time to grieve. I now feel more determined than ever to have another healthy baby. This pregnancy was a little unexpected as we were ntnp and I wasn't tracking anything. I'm not sure where I am yet with all the charting but I am glad to have you ladies to share this roller coaster with! I hope we all get our good news soon

So very sad, marathongirl - sending you a virtual hug and my thoughts.

Taking your time to grieve is very sensible. You sound a sensible and yet determined woman - keep strong and look after yourself. :hugs:

Saintlysue, thank you for thinking of me :)

I just got back from RE and this is my 8th day of stims I still have the same 13 follicles growing and some a lagging behind a little but I hope they'll catch up. It looks like I'll trigger Sunday evening for a Tuesday retrieval but could possibly go for a Wednesday retrieval. I have to say that so far I'm really happy with the progress and I'm pleasantly surprised my Dr chose a protocol that worked for me right of the bat. I'm very lucky that at this age my body still responded like everyone else or like woman several years younger. Now we need to see the quality of those eggs and its all happens next week.

Say a prayer for me ladies...

Praying for you, BBbliss and keeping my fingers crossed!

Did you trigger today as you hoped to?

Delphine, thank you so much!

I didn't trigger yesterday as I thought I would, they had me wait one more day and I take a lupron trigger tonight.

Today's scan showed about 13 possible mature follicle, there are some smaller ones too. I'm getting nervous now... It's going to be a surprise whichever way it goes, my numbers are all good and my response was phenomenal, now it all comes down to egg quality. It's all in God's hands now and I pray my body has selected all the good healthy eggs I still have.

Marathongirl, I hope you are feeling better, it must be so hard but remember we haven't ran out of time yet!

Girls thank you for your support, it means a lot to me :)

Don't be too nervous, BBbliss :hugs: Your body's doing wonderful things by the sound of it. You're doing IVF, everything's working great - and you have a real chance :)

Keep calm, relax and look after yourself. :hugs:

BBbliss very excited for you! I agree try to relax and let your body do what it needs to do. Thanks for the kind words and support ladies. It means a lot to me

I went to a seminar at ACRM last night and now I believe I have a workable plan.

We are going to continue to try naturally for another six months to a year. During that time, we'll pay off all of our credit cards and eliminate any other debt(something i'm pretty good at). We don't have a whole lot of debt, so I don't anticipate any problems.
If we are not pregnant by then, we're going to do IVF with donor eggs. I'd prefer to use eggs from my daughter by a previous marriage and she is down with that too, but I'm not opposed to using a stranger's eggs either. Deciding that donor eggs isn't the end of the world for me has taken off a tremendous amount of stress.
I still have a lot of hope that I will do this on my own naturally, but it's a huge relief to have a back up plan.

Hi BabyGriffin14,
I tried and tried 5 times with my own eggs. 4 MC. And 1 D&E at 18 weeks, well needless to say I am in Prague now from the US getting Donor Egg! It is way cheaper in Europe than US. We have a thread in Assisted Conception. There is a group of us! Some went to Prague, Cyprus, Spain, South Africa . It was about 10k or more cheaper than US and plus we are on vacation! If you need any info I can PM you!

Hi BabyGriffin14,
I tried and tried 5 times with my own eggs. 4 MC. And 1 D&E at 18 weeks, well needless to say I am in Prague now from the US getting Donor Egg! It is way cheaper in Europe than US. We have a thread in Assisted Conception. There is a group of us! Some went to Prague, Cyprus, Spain, South Africa . It was about 10k or more cheaper than US and plus we are on vacation! If you need any info I can PM you!

I'm definitely interested in any information I can get!

BabyGriffin, who did the ACRM seminar? Also, check out FertileThoughts there are a lot of threads on RBA under the donor section. They have, I think a frozen donor egg program, it is suppose to be the best in the US. They feel there is more success with frozen because sometimes you do not know how a woman is going to stim. even if they are young. But you can check out the comments from the girls going through the program. But just let me say this because I am a cautionary tale. Please make sure your DH has been thoroughly checked out. After all the years and money when we finally had the DNA fragmentation that told the tale. Your standard SA does not have DNA fragmentation. It takes an entire sperm sample to be sent out to get DNA fragmentation. It was the embroyologist and the reproductive urologist that looked at all our records and told us see the development here this is a healthy egg, here is where the development stops this is where the sperms involvement comes into play, but failure always at this point, but never an RE told us these little details. I have a friend who I kept asking to get the DNA fragmentation but her RE said oh his SAs are fine, his DNA fragmentation was worse than my DH and my DH was horrible. No matter what they tell you men DO represent 50% of infertility. It cost us $500 to get the DNA fragmentation.

Okay Babygriffin14, I will pm you! Please check out our thread! Although we have a twinsie thing going on! Those with issues go can go to clinic like Serum in Greece or other ones! I had all my and hubbys preliminary testing done in US prior to heading to Prague! It would be well worth it to do as SS said about the DNA sperm testing! In my case I had a 18 week pregnancy that had Trisomy 18.
I have beem trying for 4 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->