• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone planning to work until they pop?

youve realy thought it all through thats good, i dont get on with my dad either hed only cause drama so didnt invite him .. it doesnt sound disorganised at all youve even planned your story! :p

tbh when people said why wernt they invited i just said there was a limit on how many ppl could be invited to the reg. and said that when we have a big wedding wel invite them .. but i dont think wel renew vowls till im about 30.. which is in 10 years!!

i think how youve chosen to do it is the best way , because your not stressing about wheather people will be ontime or whether youve catered to everyones diatry requirements etc lol the day is just for you two :) xx

Yeah thats a good point!! Well when my Mum remarried, her and my Stepdad just went to a registry office and got married one lunchtime (this was before you had to give notice of marriage and could just turn up! LOL) and they got 2 random women to stand as witnesses...... I didnt even know they were married until about 5 years ago? And they havent long celebrated their 20th anniversary! ha ha

Yeah just 7 guests, my Mum and stepdad and my Aunty and her fella and then OH Mum, Nan and brother and thats it! Reeeeaaallly want to tell my best mate but Chris has said no lol

Yeah we say we will renew our vows or do something but I know what we are like, we will say come the time "whats the point we only got married 1 year ago" and will just put it off! But we def want to have a "proper" honeymoon, Maldives I have got my heart set on, but not until LO is at least a year-18 months old! x

aww thats cool , and our honeymoon whats at a realy posh hotel in lake district gift from hubbys step dad our official honeymoon was to america gift of hubbys mum who lives in america and so does my cuzins and mums sister, but have to put that on hold for a while lol till baby is older idont wanna fly preggers! :)

Ahh what hotel in the Lakes? I love the lakes!

Yeah OH Nan is paying for us to stay in a Riverside Suite at the Lowry, and me and OH are going to have some spa treatments and then a meal in our room, on our balcony in the evening, so I am hoping the weather is nice enough to sit outside to eat.

Ahh how lucky are you having relatives in America!!!

What sort of jobs do people have though? I can quite easily see myself working until really late on if I had a nice office-y job at a desk but my job you're on your feet all the time. You only get to sit down on your lunch break which is annoying :/ xx

With my first I had a fast food manager job, I was working 55-60 hours a week on my feet up til 36 weeks when I asked my doc for a note to cut back to 40 hours. At that job I worked my last day the day before my due date and he came a week late. With my second I was at my current job where I sit (or stand if I so please) for 10 hours a day 4 days a week. My youngest came 2 weeks early.

Tinkerbelle- I have a sit down officy job, but like I said its mainly the journy side of it then will make me finish work 3 weeks to a month early. When it will be snowing etc. As I can't get a taxi to work everyday

Emz- the hotel was called "langdale" or "langsdale" it was so posh! And the food was like that food were its so posh there's hardly anything on the plate! Lol and quirky dishes like herb icecream weird stuff like that lol, we went on boat rides and things like that it was so romantic!!
Lol I have reletives everywere lol but not enough in the uk lol

And aww that sounds perfect! I had some spa treatments at the lakes it was awsome! Planning to go for a spa weekend with my mum to celebrate when I a week after my 12 week of pregnancy , but its a suprise lol she doesn't know yet :p then I'm gona do a suprise for my hubby but haven't thought of anything yet lol

What sort of jobs do people have though? I can quite easily see myself working until really late on if I had a nice office-y job at a desk but my job you're on your feet all the time. You only get to sit down on your lunch break which is annoying :/ xx

Yeah I have an office job too, can get quite stressful at times, but the main reason I finish 3 weeks before my EDD is because of travel, I have to get 2 trams to and from work, which takes about 45 mins each way and the trams are always very busy and I dont fancy it in the height of Summer!

Aww bless you, I am glad I get to sit all day! xx

Tinkerbelle- I have a sit down officy job, but like I said its mainly the journy side of it then will make me finish work 3 weeks to a month early. When it will be snowing etc. As I can't get a taxi to work everyday

Emz- the hotel was called "langdale" or "langsdale" it was so posh! And the food was like that food were its so posh there's hardly anything on the plate! Lol and quirky dishes like herb icecream weird stuff like that lol, we went on boat rides and things like that it was so romantic!!
Lol I have reletives everywere lol but not enough in the uk lol

And aww that sounds perfect! I had some spa treatments at the lakes it was awsome! Planning to go for a spa weekend with my mum to celebrate when I a week after my 12 week of pregnancy , but its a suprise lol she doesn't know yet :p then I'm gona do a suprise for my hubby but haven't thought of anything yet lol

Oh right, havent heard of that one? Where in the Lakes is it? Sounds lovely!! We go to the Old England sometimes, OH used to go there when he was little with his Nan and Grandad before he passed, so his Nan loves going there, its also very posh!!

Ha ha posh food IS very small LOL you would think for the money you would get piles of the stuff ha ha

Yeah probs just get a massage and then spend a couple of hours in the spa bit, but since I will be 36 weeks by then, I will probs be quite limited to what I can do, steam and sauna will be out, but I think I will be "allowed" in the jacuzzi! LOL xx

I'm a Complementary therapist, so its quite a physical job and I'm on my feet most of the time doing massage treatments, although some of the treatments give me chance to sit down, like reflexology sessions :thumbup: Also because I'm my own boss, I've been able to make sure that I get plenty of rest etc between sessions and favourable working conditions in general, plus I've been able to gradually cut back my days / hours, so I'm coping with the workload quite well at the moment. However, because its a reduced workload, I'm already feeling the strain financially but I suppose you can't have it all :shrug:

I work in an office but its in a really stressfull job and I need to be awake and on the ball all the time, I also drive an hour each way every day, im working until 38 weeks then taking two weeks holiday.

Emz -My hubby says its near windermare but I haven't got a clue its far deep into the country side I think because we had to drive up like to the top and it was hidden was really nice.

And aww the old english sounds lovely

And I for sure think the posh food wasn't for me lol the main course was more of a starter lol but it was a nice experiance!

Wow 36 weeks! By then I won't even want to get out of bed!! Lol so its good your planning to do stuff . I'll be realy lazy lol

I'd love to go to one of those places that do antinatel massages you go there when your a few weeks of giving birth and they loosing all the muscles!

Emz -My hubby says its near windermare but I haven't got a clue its far deep into the country side I think because we had to drive up like to the top and it was hidden was really nice.

And aww the old english sounds lovely

And I for sure think the posh food wasn't for me lol the main course was more of a starter lol but it was a nice experiance!

Wow 36 weeks! By then I won't even want to get out of bed!! Lol so its good your planning to do stuff . I'll be realy lazy lol

I'd love to go to one of those places that do antinatel massages you go there when your a few weeks of giving birth and they loosing all the muscles!

Yeah I think the Old England is in Windermere? Its lovely there! Ha ha yeah we went to the Lowry for Sunday lunch a few weeks ago and it was LOVELY it was only £20 per head for 3 courses and was amazing, I highly recommend it! ... but there was a woman at the next table and she was so rude!!! She asked for a different kind of potato to what was on the menu and then kicked off when she got the wrong one....... she also said "we want more veg, we ate here last night and there wasnt nearly enough" ermmm well if you have eaten there before and it wasnt good enough, why go back?!? Stupid woman, spoke to the staff like shit and didnt say please or thankyou and CLICKED HER FINGERS to get the waiters attention! Made my blood boil!! I hate people who are like that.

I fibbed :blush: just realised I will be 34 weeks on my wedding day.... not 36 whoops! LOL

What is it you do for work? xx

I work in an office but its in a really stressfull job and I need to be awake and on the ball all the time, I also drive an hour each way every day, im working until 38 weeks then taking two weeks holiday.

Yeah I am meant to be on the ball too................ but seem to spend more and more time on here moaning about work LOL

I am taking 2 weeks hols at the start of my Mat Leave too, I still have 1 1/2 days left to take and dont know when to use them! Might just leave a day and a half early?

Emz- wow that's an awsome deal! Is it just lunch times that are that price , what did you eat? I'm so careful when eating out makes me axouis because were ever I go they never seem to know what ingredients are in the food lol or what kind of cheese etc lol. And that woman sounds like a propper moany b***ch lol and I work for british gas costumer services. :) might treat my hubby to a lowry lunch for my 12week milestone pregnancy celebration lol xx

Yeah it was awesome, they do a set menu, starters were (if I remember correctly!) either: Salmon which OH had, goats cheese with a salad (which I had, was DELICIOUS!) and something else?! Then they have 3 mains to choose from, think Salmon, beef and pork, which we had and then bread and butter pudding, strawberry pavlova and something else for dessert!

It was so good, and the service was excellent, the restaurant is lovely too, you should def go! Was £19.95 each for the 3 courses (or £20.95?) xx

ooh that sounds perfecto! think il be treating my husband lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"