• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone planning to work until they pop?

im in denton but have to get all the way to old trafford everyday! and on saturdays the trams dont work at the momment to old trafford so have to get this buss that takes forever!! lol were are you?

Aww no way! I go from Exchange Quay, change at Cornbrook and go to Altrincham, I hate it!! Especially with the shreaking schoolkids every day, I am wishing for the school hols to start! Clearly my maternal instincts have NOT kicked in yet! LOL

I'm currenty 30 weeks and 1 day and I'm planning to work at least until I'm 38 weeks with the intention of working as close to due date as possible.

I have my own business so if I don't work, I don't get paid simple, so my logic is if I work more this end then I can afford more time off at the other end.

Baby is due in September and I'd like to stay off until Jan / Feb at least. I think having that time off over Christmas and New Year will be nice too :)

im in denton but have to get all the way to old trafford everyday! and on saturdays the trams dont work at the momment to old trafford so have to get this buss that takes forever!! lol were are you?

Aww no way! I go from Exchange Quay, change at Cornbrook and go to Altrincham, I hate it!! Especially with the shreaking schoolkids every day, I am wishing for the school hols to start! Clearly my maternal instincts have NOT kicked in yet! LOL

haha well clearly mine hasnt either i was on the bus last week and this man left his crying toddler sitting next to me because he was to embarrassed to stand next to his sun after stealing a peice of his sons kfc chicken wich made him cry in the first place.. and everyone got on the bus giving me dirty looks thinnking the child was mine..! i was embarrased lol.

oops sorry abit of topic lol i have a bit of bad sickness at the momment i always seem to have the stinkiest person on the tram sitting next to me making my sickness worse!! lol
and if you change at cornbrook we might have been on the tram at the same time lol im probably sitting there trying to hold in my sick! (gross i know ) lol how far gone are you now? i dont see myself jumping on the tram when im huge lol. i said i may start my lessons again when im 3 months but id ont know if il do it lol

haha well clearly mine hasnt either i was on the bus last week and this man left his crying toddler sitting next to me because he was to embarrassed to stand next to his sun after stealing a peice of his sons kfc chicken wich made him cry in the first place.. and everyone got on the bus giving me dirty looks thinnking the child was mine..! i was embarrased lol.

oops sorry abit of topic lol i have a bit of bad sickness at the momment i always seem to have the stinkiest person on the tram sitting next to me making my sickness worse!! lol
and if you change at cornbrook we might have been on the tram at the same time lol im probably sitting there trying to hold in my sick! (gross i know ) lol how far gone are you now? i dont see myself jumping on the tram when im huge lol. i said i may start my lessons again when im 3 months but id ont know if il do it lol

I was going to ask if you have blonde hair and was at Hope Hospital a couple of weeks ago for a scan? (think it was Tuesday 14th June?)

Oh I was having this dilemma about driving, I started on my 17th birthday (am now 27!) and sort of peetered out,..... so I was going to start again, booked lessons and had my first one, went ok and then my instructor didnt show for the next one, so I havent booked anymore!

I am 31 weeks now, 6 weeks left of work :( its taking forever! LOL

aww no, smelly people are the worst! I always get some noisy person on their phone!! x

Nope im sure thats not me :p im a black girl about 5 foot 2 lol

haha i started on my 17th birthday too! but i stop start stop again my driving instructor is to grumpy and anxious he presses the foot break when he doesnt need to almost causing me wip lash!!!! so i would be hesitant going with him now thinking of going with a womans driving school. how far gone were you when you had your lesson and wow 31 weeks i havent seen you then because if i have i would remember lol i love looking at ladies with big bumps lol because i cant wait to get one!! lol , 6 more weeks thats not long! time can go by faster if you break it up alittle and take some " pregnancy related sickness days of" as it doesnt count as maternity or sickness leave lol :)

even though im only 8 weeks im so exhausted lol its a chore getting to work every morning lol , so im gonna save all my holiday and use it all up near when maternity leave is due :p x

Nope im sure thats not me :p im a black girl about 5 foot 2 lol

haha i started on my 17th birthday too! but i stop start stop again my driving instructor is to grumpy and anxious he presses the foot break when he doesnt need to almost causing me wip lash!!!! so i would be hesitant going with him now thinking of going with a womans driving school. how far gone were you when you had your lesson and wow 31 weeks i havent seen you then because if i have i would remember lol i love looking at ladies with big bumps lol because i cant wait to get one!! lol , 6 more weeks thats not long! time can go by faster if you break it up alittle and take some " pregnancy related sickness days of" as it doesnt count as maternity or sickness leave lol :)

even though im only 8 weeks im so exhausted lol its a chore getting to work every morning lol , so im gonna save all my holiday and use it all up near when maternity leave is due :p x

Aww no not you then LOL there is a girl who changes at Cornbrook, and I saw her at the hospital same day I was there for my 28 week scan she was waiting for one too, and she isnt at all big, so she cant be too far along!

Yeah 31 weeks but I am not that big I dont think? People keep telling me I look like I have just eaten a big meal and just look a bit bloated! :growlmad:

I had my lesson about 6 weeks ago, but the woman I had it with was crap! She was part of the red driving school and she was a pile of crap, so dont go with them LOL Oh I know the exhausted feeling, I can sleep for 9 hours each night and still be knackered! Speaking of days off sick, I had my first sick day in over 3 years last week and I was gutted! I wanted to leave this company having never taken a sick day, but oh well, I was genuinely ill and noone can moan at me for that LOL

Yeah save your hols, thats what I have done, I have saved 2 weeks hols which I am using at the start of my Mat leave, so I leave 19th August, 2 weeks hols then 6 weeks on 90% pay, so really my first 2 months are practically fully paid and then my Mat Pay kicks in 17th Oct! x

wow first day of sick in 3 years thats amazing!

and i look like ive eaten a big meal in general preggers or not :p

and thanks for letting me know , i thought red would be good coz there all famous and whatever. think il google women driving schools and see what pops up but think il give a miss for awhile now i cant be bothered lol

thats awsome you have everything figured out , when did you let your work know about when your taking time of, i hear its 25weeks you let them know what your plans are? x

Maybe that's why I don't (didn't) understand it before. I don't have to take public transportation and deal with stinky, crazy people. From hearing your stories I am starting to understand why people would leave work a week or two early. I still don't fully understand taking a whole month or more off before having a baby but maybe it's not for me to understand. :shrug:

and thanks for letting me know , i thought red would be good coz there all famous and whatever. think il google women driving schools and see what pops up but think il give a miss for awhile now i cant be bothered lol

thats awsome you have everything figured out , when did you let your work know about when your taking time of, i hear its 25weeks you let them know what your plans are? x

Yeah thats why I booked with Red too, thought they would be really good, because they are well known, but the woman I had was crap, she spent about an hour driving me to a "decent place" to let me drive and back again, she pulled up somewhere to let me reverse, so we swapped seats, I adjusted mirror/seat etc and then she turned round and said "oh actually, this isnt the best place, we will go somewhere else!!" and made me swap back to the passenger side and then spent another 10 mins driving herself!!!

Then the next week she was meant to pick me up at 7pm, I was waiting outside in the rain for 20 mins and she didnt come, so I thought I had my time/day wrong so rang her, she didnt answer, then called me 10 mins later (half an hour after my lesson was due to start) and said sorry I have overbooked?!!? Useless!! LOL

I told my work about my plans to leave the day after my 12 week scan, as I am the only person who does my role at work, so needed to let them know so they could start looking to find someone to replace me..... only took them til the start of June!!!!! But yeah, by law you have to tell them by the time you are 25 weeks.

So what hospital will you be having your baby at? Are you going to be finding out the gender when you can, or do you want a suprise? x

Maybe that's why I don't (didn't) understand it before. I don't have to take public transportation and deal with stinky, crazy people. From hearing your stories I am starting to understand why people would leave work a week or two early. I still don't fully understand taking a whole month or more off before having a baby but maybe it's not for me to understand. :shrug:

Ha ha you should come live in Manchester for a week LOL

I think with my second baby I might have longer off before hand, so I can spend some time with my daughter, just the 2 of us, before the baby came along. But that's a long way off yet anyway!!

Hardworknmama, here in the UK we are lucky as we get a full years mat leave (although not all paid) so I guess it's easier for us to take a month off before hand as we can take a while off the otherside anyway. We are actually entitled to start our mat leave at 27 weeks if we wish. Unless there were medical reasons, I would never do that. I only started to look pregnant at 24 weeks!!

lol i understand why you dont understand lol i think also because this is my first baby i want time of int he last month to completly enjoy everything and get everything ready and just enjoy myself. because when im working time just flys by! and when im in my last month i wanan enjoy every momment lol :) but i guest the bottem line is we do it coz we can lol :)

Yeah thats why I booked with Red too, thought they would be really good, because they are well known, but the woman I had was crap, she spent about an hour driving me to a "decent place" to let me drive and back again, she pulled up somewhere to let me reverse, so we swapped seats, I adjusted mirror/seat etc and then she turned round and said "oh actually, this isnt the best place, we will go somewhere else!!" and made me swap back to the passenger side and then spent another 10 mins driving herself!!!

Then the next week she was meant to pick me up at 7pm, I was waiting outside in the rain for 20 mins and she didnt come, so I thought I had my time/day wrong so rang her, she didnt answer, then called me 10 mins later (half an hour after my lesson was due to start) and said sorry I have overbooked?!!? Useless!! LOL

I told my work about my plans to leave the day after my 12 week scan, as I am the only person who does my role at work, so needed to let them know so they could start looking to find someone to replace me..... only took them til the start of June!!!!! But yeah, by law you have to tell them by the time you are 25 weeks.

So what hospital will you be having your baby at? Are you going to be finding out the gender when you can, or do you want a suprise? x

gosh what a bi** you should of asked for half your money back because she was driving most your lesson! lol

and i for sure want to find out so does my hubby and my mum! im too impatient to let it be a surprise! im delivering at tame-side hospital i wanted to deliver at st marys but they only let people who live in that area go there or high risk mums. but apparently its a really good hospital, are you gonna find out? i have a scan at 11 weeks then a scan at 20 weeks i think so will find out then!! .. i cant wait til i reach the 12 week mark so i can relax abit more lol. where are you dilivering and suprise or not suprise?
and how far gone were you when you started buying things? il start wheni hit 12 or 13 weeks :)

gosh what a bi** you should of asked for half your money back because she was driving most your lesson! lol

and i for sure want to find out so does my hubby and my mum! im too impatient to let it be a surprise! im delivering at tame-side hospital i wanted to deliver at st marys but they only let people who live in that area go there or high risk mums. but apparently its a really good hospital, are you gonna find out? i have a scan at 11 weeks then a scan at 20 weeks i think so will find out then!! .. i cant wait til i reach the 12 week mark so i can relax abit more lol. where are you dilivering and suprise or not suprise?
and how far gone were you when you started buying things? il start wheni hit 12 or 13 weeks :)

Well I paid for 4 hours upfront, and got a refund of the last 2 hours, but she was a bit of a cow about it! LOL

Yeah we found out at 20 weeks, we are having a boy, OH was convinced it was a girl but I knew from the start he was a boy! I am at Hope Hospital, we live on Salford Quays so it is the closest, and I know it a bit because I did the first year of a Nursing Dipoma at Salford Uni and did 2 placements at Hope. I am high risk also which is a pain in the arse lol but I do get extra scans which is good.... have had 4 so far and got another 1 week today.

My Mum started buying when I told her at 6 weeks, but me and OH waited til after the 12 week scan, we still have quite a bit to get, we made a list last night and there is still a fair bit so we are going to get it all the end of this month incase he comes early! x

Well I paid for 4 hours upfront, and got a refund of the last 2 hours, but she was a bit of a cow about it! LOL

Yeah we found out at 20 weeks, we are having a boy, OH was convinced it was a girl but I knew from the start he was a boy! I am at Hope Hospital, we live on Salford Quays so it is the closest, and I know it a bit because I did the first year of a Nursing Dipoma at Salford Uni and did 2 placements at Hope. I am high risk also which is a pain in the arse lol but I do get extra scans which is good.... have had 4 so far and got another 1 week today.

My Mum started buying when I told her at 6 weeks, but me and OH waited til after the 12 week scan, we still have quite a bit to get, we made a list last night and there is still a fair bit so we are going to get it all the end of this month incase he comes early! x

ive had 3 and im only 8 weeks lol then another at 11 weeks and then one at 20.. i had abit of a rocky start lol but were all doing realy good now, hope ur labour goes smoothly! and ive already started writing a list for things we need! and watching youtube pregnancy videos to see what other people have bought to remind me of things i needed lol

aww sounds like your mum was soo excited my mums so over the moon to , is ur mum gona be at ur babys birth? ive decided my mum and hubby will be my birth partners but my bestfriend will be around in the last few weeks incase i go into labour lol while hubbys at work or mums at work lol :)

No my Mum wont be here for the birth, she lives about 1 1/2 hours away and she runs a B&B so she always has to be at the house. She will be up shortly after, but just me and OH at the birth.... think thats all the people I will be able to handle LOL

OH only works in town, so if I go into labour when he is at work, its only 10-15 mins taxi ride home and then 10 mins to the hospital from our place.

We have got the main big stuff (kind of!!) we did a Babyplan with Mothercare and ordered the cot/mattress and travel system and then we have moses basket already and clothes/bottles/TONNES of nappies/wipes etc thanks to my Mum! Just need to get little things now like steriliser/bedding/bouncy chair and we are getting all that at the end of July.... not the bext timing since we are getting married on the 30th LOL but thats just us, we are a disorganised mess ha ha x

awwwww congratulations!!!!! :)
you have a very busy time ahead!! but its good you got the most important stuff! lol gosh i couldnt have got married when im pregnant , when i did get married i was a complete stress head and a moody bit-ch because i wanted everything to go perfect lol that mixed in with hormones i would have been an even bigger nightmare! lol

you have a very busy time ahead!! but its good you got the most important stuff! lol gosh i couldnt have got married when im pregnant , when i did get married i was a complete stress head and a moody bit-ch because i wanted everything to go perfect lol that mixed in with hormones i would have been an even bigger nightmare! lol

Aww thanks, well we got engaged over Xmas (before we knew I was pregnant) and we were planning to get wed next Sept/Oct time, but then found out we were having LO and put it on hold.... then a couple of weeks ago OH turned to me and said "I really want to marry you before baby comes" LOL so we decided to do it!

Neither of us like too much fuss, so we are just getting married at the registry office, with 7 family members and then going for a meal at a hotel on the Quays and me and OH are spending the night at the Lowry Hotel.

We have said we will have a renewal of vows or something similar in a year or 2 so we can invite everyone, and a party so we can celebrate with people. But for now we just want to be married and all share the same surname! LOL

Still going to be wearing a wedding dress though, couldnt get married without a posh dress!! But since neither of us are big on fuss and attention, this seems the perfect way to do it........... just hope my Nan and Dad understand LOL since I havent told them about it! :blush:

Aww thanks, well we got engaged over Xmas (before we knew I was pregnant) and we were planning to get wed next Sept/Oct time, but then found out we were having LO and put it on hold.... then a couple of weeks ago OH turned to me and said "I really want to marry you before baby comes" LOL so we decided to do it!

Neither of us like too much fuss, so we are just getting married at the registry office, with 7 family members and then going for a meal at a hotel on the Quays and me and OH are spending the night at the Lowry Hotel.

We have said we will have a renewal of vows or something similar in a year or 2 so we can invite everyone, and a party so we can celebrate with people. But for now we just want to be married and all share the same surname! LOL

Still going to be wearing a wedding dress though, couldnt get married without a posh dress!! But since neither of us are big on fuss and attention, this seems the perfect way to do it........... just hope my Nan and Dad understand LOL since I havent told them about it! :blush:

aww that sounds absuletly perfect! :) we did it at the reg office too , i wore the big white wedding dress though and we had 35 frends and family and then they all came back to my mums house for food and drinks the house was so full half the people was outside on the patio lol lucky it was sunny so we had chairs out n all that. lol its best to tell them before the day! .. i only told the ppl i wanted to invite. after the wedding few days after put the pics up on fb .. be prepeared for the " were was my invite" lol because i got that so much even people i havent seen in like 3 years!! lol but it was such a special day :)

its so sweet that he told you that he wanted to marry you before baby comes i think its realy romanntic! :)

Ha ha thats about the ONLY romantic thing he has done! LOL

Well I dont really get on with my Dad too well, we hardly speak and if I invite him, his 3rd wife will have to come, and my Nan and Grandad and cousins/aunties etc and it will end up being a huge do, which we really dont want. We are just going to put pics of just me and him on FB and if anyone says anything, we are going to say noone knew about it, we did it just the 2 of us and not even my Mum was there......... but of course she will be! LOL but she is going to back us up and pretend she didnt know about it.

I know there will be a few pissed off people, but if we stick to the story that NOONE knew, then they cant stay mad for long LOL and besides, most of them said when they found out we were having LO "oh so you will be getting married before he comes then?" so we will just say we did it like we did so we would be married, but couldnt afford/have time to arrange a massive do for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->