Anyone plus size and ttc?? Want a buddy?? 2 bfp's so far

hi hun. its not always the case that over weight people dont get pregnant easily. im a size 26, i have an 8 year old son and a 7 month old daughter.
when we were ttc last time, it only took 3 months to get our bfp.
im currently on my 2nd tww, fingers crossed we will all get our bfp's sooner rather than later x

That is super encouraging!!! Thank you so much!!!

hi hun. its not always the case that over weight people dont get pregnant easily. im a size 26, i have an 8 year old son and a 7 month old daughter.
when we were ttc last time, it only took 3 months to get our bfp.
im currently on my 2nd tww, fingers crossed we will all get our bfp's sooner rather than later x

Thanks for sharing! This thread was REALLY starting to scare me!!!

I've been pregnant 14 times in 12 years and always been overweight

Omg!!!!!!! How many kids do you have?
You sound very fertile :) :) that's great!!!

I am very fertile however i have mc'd all pregnancies so have none :(

heya all!

Im currently a size 20-22 and altough i have a regular cycle ( every 28-29 days ) i dont ovulate every month so am hopefully seeing the doctor end of jan to start clomid! Although does anyone know how this works with being overweight ? Will i be refused it ??

Would be lovely to have a 'buddy'!

xx

hey all :hi:
only just spotted this thread, glad to find ladies in the same situation.
i am currently working on shedding the weight, just short of 2.5 stone lost so far and another 1.5 to go before my fs appt in march.
i really do wonder how much it affects our fertility, obviously it doesnt help but i cant imagine it ever being the only reason iyswim. i have pcos and fs has said i must get bmi to 35 if i want to look at ivf or clomid. bring it on! xx

Just wanted to pop in to see how everyone's doing, and to say that I got my BFP after 1 month TTC, and am 5 weeks today! :hug:

congrats melody! hope you have a happy and healthy nine months :hugs:

Ineedaseed congrats on your weight loss so far... I was told i had pco's some years ago by a consultant who looked at me and never sent me for tests, i'd seen him because of abdominal pain and irregular periods he told me there was nothing he could give me or do i just needed to lose weight... Well 6 years later im a lot bigger than what i was then :( have regular Af's lp of 14 days and ovulate every month without fail. I recently asked my gp if i did have pco's and when i was tested she said i didn't... Personally i dont think weight has any affects to ttc unless it affects you ovulating, my gp is behind me 100% and has never told me to lose weight, in fact she is very encouraging prescribing my folic acid tablets and talking me through things. Obviously being lighter is better as high blood pressure and gestational diabetes is high amongst bigger people but even smaller people get that... Im all my pregnancy's my bp always went low and i've never had any problems with blood sugar in fact its better than most thinner people.

To all us plus size ttc's lets hope 2011 is our year and we get plenty of bfp's in the months to come

Ineedaseed congrats on your weight loss so far... I was told i had pco's some years ago by a consultant who looked at me and never sent me for tests, i'd seen him because of abdominal pain and irregular periods he told me there was nothing he could give me or do i just needed to lose weight... Well 6 years later im a lot bigger than what i was then :( have regular Af's lp of 14 days and ovulate every month without fail. I recently asked my gp if i did have pco's and when i was tested she said i didn't... Personally i dont think weight has any affects to ttc unless it affects you ovulating, my gp is behind me 100% and has never told me to lose weight, in fact she is very encouraging prescribing my folic acid tablets and talking me through things. Obviously being lighter is better as high blood pressure and gestational diabetes is high amongst bigger people but even smaller people get that... Im all my pregnancy's my bp always went low and i've never had any problems with blood sugar in fact its better than most thinner people.

To all us plus size ttc's lets hope 2011 is our year and we get plenty of bfp's in the months to come

I have regular cycles - usually 28-31 days in length. cd21 come back as 25, need to have two further tests done as they like to see 30 plus to be sure.
my mum was overweight with both of her pregnancies and she developed high bp and pre eclampsyia and was stuck in hospital with both pregnancys for over 3 months with each. definate reason for me to lose weight as i wouldnt want that. but like you say it effects everyone differently.

sounds like you have a good doc there lisa. are they referring you in regards to your losses? xx

I have regular cycles - usually 28-31 days in length. cd21 come back as 25, need to have two further tests done as they like to see 30 plus to be sure.
my mum was overweight with both of her pregnancies and she developed high bp and pre eclampsyia and was stuck in hospital with both pregnancys for over 3 months with each. definate reason for me to lose weight as i wouldnt want that. but like you say it effects everyone differently.

sounds like you have a good doc there lisa. are they referring you in regards to your losses? xx

Yeah she refered me to the reacurrent miscarriage clinic where i@ve get my personal midwife i can phone her anytime from the first bfp i get, im just waiting for some results back on why but at the moment nothing has been found atleast i should get scans every few weeks to check everything

hope 2011 brings your long awaited and deserved bubs Lisa :hugs:

me too, ask me the same question in a weeks time and i will have a very different answer :rofl: poxy rollercoaster this!

:thumbup: tell me bout it, while im coming up to Ovulation im so positive then after ovulation the worry of have we done it enough, then the symptom spotting starts every little thing is a sign then usually :witch: arrives bang on time and so it all begins again... The things we put up with to try for a baby lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->