Anyone Pregnant at 38 with their first?

no he found it very fast. that's the problem, the whole thing lasted 5 minutes.. measuring + heartbeat and byebye. I feel like I missed the "magic moment" and I'll change the Us doctor for next time.
I gyn doesn't have the machine.
But it's fast, you can see the little bean, it's kinda nice. Now I keep on looking at the picture !
Yours is very soon now !

no he found it very fast. that's the problem, the whole thing lasted 5 minutes.. measuring + heartbeat and byebye. I feel like I missed the "magic moment" and I'll change the Us doctor for next time.
I gyn doesn't have the machine.
But it's fast, you can see the little bean, it's kinda nice. Now I keep on looking at the picture !

Yours is very soon now !

Hello! My scan is next week Friday and I'll be 8 weeks 5 days. Scared and excited!! Just wondering if you saw it move or anything since I'll be about as far a long as you were at your scan?

hi Cornfieldland ! No I didn't see it move at all. It was just a little bean . But like I said the doctor wasn't very nice, so if you're lucky, maybe yours will show you the heart flickering?
Even if it was fast, it's pretty nice to see him/her for the 1st time !

Lola33,

I don't know if my doctor will do anything tomorrow...I am hoping for something but afraid at the same time.

Do you have any symptoms or a bump yet?

I feel like all of my minor symptoms are gone and my bloat bump is going too :-(

I can't help but worry what is going on in there. I want this little beany so much....

Symptoms are fading too. I feel less tired, less nauseous and boobs are less killing me. I guess it's good, lol!
Not much of a bump, I can't button my pants anymore, that's all.
Don't worry! You can also talk about it to your doctor, and he'll check if everything is fine !
let me know after your apt !

Nothing to report today :-(

I have to play the waiting game for a few more weeks ugggg

Oh no, I was hoping for a great report from your Dr's visit, how frustrating.

Is a private scan a possibility, or a consultation with a private Obstetrician?

I'm keeping everything crossed for you Jenny, as we have the same due date!

oh no ! So what did your doctor do? you just talked about the pregnancy?

Thanks everyone,

My doctor just weighed me and took my blood pressure.

He said he will refer me to an OB within the next few weeks or so and gave me a scan req and blood req.

I can do the scan between 11 and 13 +6 days.
So I have things in the works just no "hard" proof of this pregnancy yet, lol.

I think I will schedule the scan for about 12 weeks just in case I am off my date by a bit.

He said if you do this NT scan too early you won't be able to see what you need to see....so only two more so weeks ahhhh

yeah in some countries they scan around 12 weeks. Here in france, you get a 1st scan around week 8, to date the pregnancy, then around 12 weeks to actually declare it and make it official. My doctor said we'll do tests around this time too to see about down syndrome and all.
well we just have to be patient now !

I've booked my NT for 12w4d, the foetus needs to be at least 45mm for them to be able to do the measurements. If you go too early, you just have to go back a few days later (yay - 2 scans!!)

I booked my scan for December 15....a LONG time to wait lol

They said to book the scan between 11 and 14 weeks so according to my LMP I will be 12.4. I didn't want to book it right at the 11 week or so mark in case my dates are off because I would have to go in again.

So here we wait, lol...

I don't really have reason for concern, however Mr. Google can be evil at times lol

I had my scan at 8 weeks and got a heartbeat and they could measure and all. I guess it depends !
Well dec 15th is like in 2 weeks !
Did you tell anyone you were pregnant? I didn't.. we will announce at christmas!

I told family...well my husband did, lol he is not a good secret keeper!

I told a few friends, one from work in case I have to take some time off for appointments.

I had my scan at 8 weeks and got a heartbeat and they could measure and all. I guess it depends !
Well dec 15th is like in 2 weeks !
Did you tell anyone you were pregnant? I didn't.. we will announce at christmas!

Of course they can measure from as soon as there is something there, my first scan at 5w5d was spot on for size. For the NT scan they need to measure the nuchal fold, and check it is in the normal range, which is less than 2.5-3mm, so that is why the foetus needs to be a certain size as its all relative, so the dates for the scan are very specific and/or NT scans outside of this window can't be relied upon

Well I don't have my scan until Dec 15, so a bit more waiting to do...

How is everyone else?

yeah.. 13 days to wait !
I'm good here. Still not much symptoms, just tired and hungry. I have headaches too..I have my 1st trimester scan on dec 22 + blood test for down syndrome. 3 more weeks and I'll be done with 1 trimester !
how ar you feeling?

Yay, that is good news!

I am feeling great actually, a bit of nausea yesturday which I was happy for, lol...I have been feeling "too good" if you know what I mean, lol.

I just gotta keep thinking this is one well behaved baby!!!

Waiting patiently for a bump and or scan lol

Hi- I'll wait with you! I have an early scan booked on 17 Dec- it seems so far away! I'm also 38 and this will be my first. I just got my BFP on Saturday so it still doesn't seem real, and everything is making me nervous it won't work out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->