Anyone Pregnant at 38 with their first?

Hi steno !
It's reassuring to see other symptom-less ladies around here. I worry every time I get cramping (not a lot btw) or anything. 1st tri is weird, because we don't feel pregnant at all, no bump, nothing, so with no symptoms, it's pretty much like a normal day.
I guess we're lucky? Or maybe it will hit later ! :s

Hi Stenokat. Congratulations on your bfp!! Just so you know - I had my dd at 39 and was working out at the gym until 3 weeks before I had her, I wasn't tired at all in my first pregnancy. I was also still running up to 7.5 months pregnant, I had no morning sickness, just sore bbs until around 9 weeks then that went, then heartburn in second tri until the bump started to show. By the time I went for my first scan at 12 weeks I felt nothing so couldn't believe it when there was a little peanut wriggling around in there! Like you, I'd always thought of going somewhere fabulous for my 40th (Paris) but instead I was nursing my dd! I'll be 41 when I have this one and I'm still symptom-less. I'm tired, but then my dd's teething so I'm getting very disturbed nights right now.

P.S.
J22 just reminded me that I also worked out regularly while pregnant with DD and I think it helped with everything, including the birth. (I was lucky and had an easy birth. I was 36. Now am hoping for a second.)

I am pretty much symptomless to which always scares me lol.
I wish having my first scan would have calmed me more, lol but I am just as nervous as before and patiently awaiting my bump...hopefully soon!

I am bloated but my weight is pretty much stable right now which again worries me but technically I am still in the first trimester so maybe soon?

Yeah it takes a little while to show up.. as well as the weight. No worries.
I didn't gain much as well, and my body is almost the same beside that bloat ( I can't button my pants anymore!) Yesterday I felt so crappy.. I was SO tired I had to nap twice ! Maybe I didn't eat enough fruits and veggies, I don't know...

Oh man, I know I am so tired lately,
I crashed for 3 hours on and off before bed time, lol
I think the holidays are a bit tougher though.

Hi Ladies, can I join your group?
I am also pregnant with my first :happydance:
I have been lurking around while ttc and now I am 13 weeks pregnant and feeling confident that things are going to work out ok (too much googling is not good!)

Looks my due date is the same as yours Jennybean! Will have to figure out myself a ticker.

Hope you are all doing well x

Welcome, Heidi! I can't wait to be at that 13-week point. We aren't telling anyone until then and it's getting exceedingly difficult. I'm even turning down dinner with girlfriends because I don't want a million questions about not drinking.

How's everyone doing? I'm still symptomless other than fatigue and sore boobs.

Steno that's pretty cool right? Well I'm almost out of 1st tri and still no crazy symptoms. Now I'm actually feeling very good. Not tired anymore and all. I just can't fit my belly and my pants anymore, that's it !
I talked with some friends during Christmas party and they told me they didn't have much symptoms, they were very hungry and tired.

Had my first appointment today. Everything looks good so far. I measured at exactly seven weeks, which is where I had myself. I am having blood drawn tomorrow and back to the doc again next week to go over results. All was great in the appointment until she started the "because you're over 35, your baby may have Down's" discussion. She gave me a list of tests to research and decide which ones I want to opt for. I left feeling kind of worried because of that. But even with a 1 in 137 chance, that's still less than 1%. It was wonderful getting a peek at the little bean and seeing the heart beating, though. I guess now I feel pregnant even though my symptoms are few.

Lola and Jenny, what tests/scans/etc. have you ladies had done to check for Down's and other chromosomal disorders? You are right at the number of weeks where they want to start my testing.

Tomorrow I'm getting back in the gym to try and combat some of this fatigue.

Hope you are all doing well!!!

Steno ! I'm glad your scan went well! The down syndrome thing, I got it too ( we're old blahblahblah), and did a the blood test + NT on the same day. I'm waiting on the results, but the NT was very very small. Will you do it too? I think it's around week 12..
I'll let you know when I have the results, but my doctor seemed to say if the chances are like 1/150, we'll probably do an amio, even if the chances are less than 1%. We'll see... I feel like, if the Nt is small, it's already a good sign? I don't know.

Still no symptoms here ! and the tiniest baby bump just appeared !

Hi everyone!

Glad to hear your scan went well Steno! and yay for the baby bump Lola!

afm the nausea and dizziness I was getting has eased off loads. Where I was feeling sick most of the day before it's not everyday now and usually in the morning before eating.

I had the NT scan with blood test at 12 weeks 6 days and only waited 3 days for the results (NHS). My risk for Down's is 1/2600. We are so relieved and finally told both sets of parents and families the good news over Christmas!

Hope everyone is doing well x

Ladies, was it the cell free DNA testing that they did with your NT scan? After some research last night, I think that's the first step I'm going with to check for Down's. Once I have the results from that, I guess I'll decide if I should do amnio. Also, if it was the cell free DNA, did you opt to find out the baby's sex?

I didn't get the DNA test thing (it's not out in France yet).. I got a hormonal test and combined to the NT, it gives a fraction. I didn't get the results, it takes around 10 days.
Will you do the DNA one? and will you want to know the sex of your baby?

I think I am doing the DNA one. I need to talk to DH and see if he wants to find out sex that way or via US later.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone as I
Haven't been on here in a while!
I was at the ER a few days ago because I had a tad
Bit of spotting, very minor but it scared me and I had to
Get a shot because of my blood type :-(
I saw my baby bouncing around so all was good! Hopefully no more.
15 weeks tomorrow and still no bump....
I started using bio oil regardless but I read some things online
That say maybe it's not safe for pregnant woman?
Anyone else hear that?

Ladies, was it the cell free DNA testing that they did with your NT scan? After some research last night, I think that's the first step I'm going with to check for Down's. Once I have the results from that, I guess I'll decide if I should do amnio. Also, if it was the cell free DNA, did you opt to find out the baby's sex?

When I was pregnant with daughter I did the MaterniT21 test and I highly recommend. It tests for Trisomy 13, 18 and 21. I had it done at 13 weeks and it took 8 days for the results, and the results come back as positive or negative, not a ratio. I also did find out the gender as that was just the icing on the cake after finding out baby was healthy! (I had a 1:11 risk for Trisomy 13, 18 and 1:17 for Trisomy 21 based on age alone) GL

Steno, the Down's test on the NHS takes the CRL and NT measurement and combines this with the free beta HCG level and PAPP-A leve in the blood also other q's like smoker, diabetes & previous Down's to come up with the risk factor.
I believe the blood tests such as Harmony give a more accurate result and can be done from 10 weeks. I am getting this done privately on Tue. at our local Women's hospital. There is the option to find out gender, but OH and I haven't decided yet but will at least wait until 20 wk US.

Jenny, how scary for you to have bleeding, glad all is well and you got another chance to see your little one.

Afm, am now 15 weeks, 1 day (can't do a ticker yet as I need to make more posts before adding a siggy) and definitely have a baby bump now which a week or so ago just looked like an overindulgent xmas!

Jenny, I have been looking around about using Bio Oil while pregnant as I was planning on using it soon (have used it this week on my face after my dog scratched me, it really does work!) and a few other forums have said the ingredient retin A or retinal palmitate is best avoided in pregnancy as its a form of vitamin A.

Look on the babycenter website under safe skin care during pregnancy (as a new poster I am unable to include the link in this post)

I think I may just use plain baby oil to be on the safe side.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations/support.
I past another milestone today, saw the ob for the first time
she checked for the heart beat and she said it was very strong,
she didn't tell me the rate only that she liked the sound of it!
She also said the NT scan and blood work were all good, again she didn't
Give me the numbers but if she is happy so am I.

All that's left is another blood test for the second part of the screening,
And gender scan at 20 weeks :)

So happy and relieved today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back