anyone read a pg test after the fact & got a bfp?

justme7

Reaction score
So I took a test yesterday and took another this morning-clear blue digital "not pregnant" the one from the day before def. had a BFP on the test after the fact. I KNOW YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO READ THEM AFTER 10 MINUTES. anyone ever have this!? I know I need to retest but just wondering....

How many days in your cycle/past ov are you? CB Digi are not as senstive as other tests, so it could be that the test you did yesterday recorded HCG at a lower level, but CB Digi will only show you are pregnant in a few more days.

Why not try with a FRER today.

I'm 12dpo and on the 27th I used the target brand early test and then the next morning did clear blue got the not pregnant but was over 5 minutes for it to tell me that seemed like a long time? Looked in garbage can and saw BFP on early test from target from day before just curious who this has happened to and if it meant anything. I am goint to re-test but just curious....also posted a topic in pregnancy tests with a pic...evap line?
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-tests/522719-evap-line-never-had-one-opinions.html

So your test yesterday was negative when you first read it? Sorry I misunderstood, I thought the test yesterday was positive and then CB Digi said 'Not Pregnant'

In that case I would wait a few more days before testing as tests are not supposed to be read after 10 minutes so anything you read may be a EVAP (or some other sort of chemical reaction) and not a confirmed BFP.

Good luck Xxx

sorry I wasn't more descriptive I am going to re-test tomorrow morning :) I know they shouldn't be read after 10 minutes just wondering if anyone had experienced this and what their opinions were also just found out the difference between pink and blue tests never knew....

What is the difference between pink and blue tests? I don't know....

Apparently from what I read pink dye tests are generally more sensitive then blue dye also blue dye are more prone to giving you false positives (evap lines if after the time limit) when pink dyes don't. I have been testing with blue dyes this whole time and just bought a box of 2 more so we shall see, I think a line is a line no matter what if within 10 minutes. I now know the picture I posted was an evap line after the fact the test was taken....

With my first, i used an IC at 10 dpo. It was negative. I left it on the counter though and went to work. 8 hrs later i saw the faintest of all lines but my husband could see it too. The next morning i used a FRER and behold, 2 nice lines! I figured something was up cus none of the other IC's i used ever left anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->