Anyone starting to set up the process of EGG SHARING? If so come join me 8 BFP's

kazzab that is great news Hun :happydance: things are just around the corner for you right now how exciting :)

I hope things move quickly now :) just hopin I have now had all my bloods done and the nurse didn't forget any :dohh:

I have to have my chlamydia and gonnoreah done at my nurse appointment then that is it- an my 2nd HIV!
What are you Stimming with?

plex thanks Hun :) I haven't been matched yet- my clinic said they match real quick so when I have my nurses appointment I will have my 2nd HIV test done and matched in the meantime while the results come back :)

Do you have all the forms for your blood tests yet? Mine also came back very quick- I'm sure yours will too :)

Ask as many questions as you like Hun :) you should get a pack also which explains everything step by step :)

Scerena - Ive had all of them done except for that damn chromosome one, I was lucky that my consultant did the majority of them when I went earlier last year :)
I've not heard back from the hospital yet - I sent the email on fri am too, all i can imagine is that the lady dealing with it all is on holiday. I really hope shes not snowed under with people wanting tests - it could mean a long waiting game for me :dohh: mind u im used to waiting for things lol. Im glad u get an information pack, think i'll need it haha :D
Its getting exciting for u now then? U'll soon be matched and starting ur amazing journey :D x

plex ahhh that sucks but it does come back quick mine did aswell as kazzas :) so don't worry too much :)

Personally I would call the clinic- I had to call them three times before getting my repeat blood forms :dohh:

Have you got to do one or two HIV tests?- so far seems my clinic is the only one that does two lol!

Don't worry Hun once you've had this test I bet things will move much quicker for you :)

Yes not long for me I am hoping now... I just hope there aren't any more delays that pop up!

:D Well I called them and im going in today!!!!! Also the nurse said they'll only take a maximum of 3months to come back now so happy days! :happydance:
Ive only had to have one hiv test - its odd that all clinics do things differently isnt it?
Im keepin my fxed that u have no delays hun xx

plex fab news :happydance: I bet you get started within them 3 months fx'd :)

Did they say when they will match you? Have you done your consent forms yet??

And thanks Hun :hugs:

Plex - make sure you ask away, will always do our best to help! Ive never doe egg sharing but ive done 2 fresh and 1 frozen IVF so i can tell you about that.

I cant remember what im stimming with this time! At my last clinic it was gonal f i think maybe this time its menopour but i really cant remember.

Plex whats your appointment for today??

kazza I used Menopur on my Stimming cycles (not Ivf) I should imagine ill be on that again unless they like to use gonal for Ivf at my clinic :shrug:

I did want to ask you if the EC is painful? I know you're sedated but is it uncomfortable either during or after?

plex fab news :happydance: I bet you get started within them 3 months fx'd :)

Did they say when they will match you? Have you done your consent forms yet??

And thanks Hun :hugs:
Hopefully :) I'm now sat outside the hosp - just had the test done :yipee: they've not said when but I assume that my doc will just contact me when the results r in. I think she really wants my rounds of clomid to b successful but I'm not as optimistic as her. I'm going to email her to let her know that I've had it done, I've got2 have councilling aswell so will prob b awhile yet.

Plex - make sure you ask away, will always do our best to help! Ive never doe egg sharing but ive done 2 fresh and 1 frozen IVF so i can tell you about that.

I cant remember what im stimming with this time! At my last clinic it was gonal f i think maybe this time its menopour but i really cant remember.

Plex whats your appointment for today??

Thanks! I've just been in2 have some blood work done, a chromosome test. Did u find it difficult injecting urself? My mum has to give me my injection atm, I only have a trigger - I'm a bit of a baby about needles :haha:

Xxx :hugs:

plex I was offered counselling within days lol! Don't be surprise if it moves real quick from now Hun, time feels as if it has flown for me!
So are you currently on clomid still then? Are you ovulating ok and lining thickening up ok? If so you still have every chance :)

I personally found injecting myself fine :) I've used drugs they use for Ivf previously and the 1st time I felt like I was going to faint and then I was absolutely fine :) you will be a pro at it in no time :)

Wow that was quick - I think i'll be in for a shock if all goes that quick lol. Yeah I responded well to the clomid but its really thinned out my lining and to be honest im fed up with all the side effects - I had to pay for the meds so i will use them, I shudve really done this month too but wanted a break.
The injecting part I think I'll just have to be brave and do it, as long as the needles arent that big that is lolol :) xx

plex clomid thinned my lining too :( so I was said to be clomid resistant- did they give you any thing to thicken the lining?
Fx'd the clomid works in the meantime...

They then switched me to daily Menopur injections instead of clomid and I responded lovely and had a lovely lining :)

I didn't have counselling in days but was offered it for a few weeks later...

Injecting sounds more scarier than it actually is- the Menopur stings a little sometimes but honestly it's no big deal you will be a pro in no time Hun :) I actually miss not doing my injections how crazy does that sound :wacko:

No theyve not given me anything - just left me to it really, I know my linings getting thin as my periods have been getting lighter each month though. My doc told me that my next option wud be ivf or egg sharing so thats why im kinda jumpin straight in so to speak.
So ur lining went back to normal after you switched off clomid? Im hoping I dont have many problems.
How did you get on with the councelling? Do they just make sure u understand all the possible outcomes?
haha :D u got used to the injections then? Makes me feel a bit better knowing theyre not too bad :) x

You should ask about estrogen patches they were going to give them to me but decided to jump straight to injectables...

Yes I had a hysteroscopy after clomid then tried a round after- my lining was still thin but without clomid it was fine... Sucks clomid does that!

Counselling is fine- all they do is make sure that you're prepared for outcomes and that you totally understand the process etc- they might ask about your fertility journey so far also and see how your oh feels about it all etc :)

Serious I was so scared about the injections! But they almost become apart of your life as they're in your daily routine- plus when injecting I felt like I was doing something active to get my baby, unlike now I feel lost doing nothing at all :dohh:

If only the clomid didnt thin our linings - I think thats half my problem at the moment. Thats good news - I hope my lining improves once im off clomid :) I feel a bit disheatened by the clomid this time round so will be happy to try something different.
Im now counting down the days till I get my results lol
dont worry U'll soon be stabbing urself again wid those needles :haha: xx

Not long and your results will be there :)
And ahahaha thanks can't wait to get stabbing again :haha: :haha:

Clomid works miracles for some but not for me, hopefully you get your clomid miracle in the meantime hunni :hugs:
I'm sure your lining will thicken up as soon as you're off it- mine did :)

If it comes to Ivf will you be doing Just Ivf or Ivf with icsi?

Think it will just be ivf. Id pay 75 for the ivf and 575 for the icsi if i egg share, im not sure what i'll need tbh - Im going to have another consultation when i get my results back. I was excited yesterday but now im nervous as It could reveal something i dont know about - like a hidden syndrome or something. Kinda worrying.......im going to try not to think too much into it lol think thats best :)
How are you doing? :hugs:

plex you have really good prices! I've to pay £350 for Ivf or £1310 if I need icsi- we are doing standard Ivf and if none fertilise we will do icsi next time round...
How I see it is- they only use to have standard Ivf back in the day so I'm giving that a try :)

Yes try not to think about it Hun :hugs: most of the tests are just to make sure they match you with a lady with the same results etc... But I do know what you mean you worry once the testing begins!
I was most worried about my amh but luckily that came back on the high scale of things :)

I'm good thanks, been feeling a bit snappy lately to my oh and family members so not sure what's up with me :shrug: I think it might be where I'm not actively ttc at the moment?!

Hi ladies,

Egg collection is fine Hun, best part, you don't feel a thing, your overies feel big and swollen for a few days but that was all for me!!

Injections for me were fine after the first couple! Easy now! You'll get the hang of it xxx

worse day from hell! We went to ohs appointment and he was told his fsh levels are a little low- hence the low testosterone but they won't give him anything! We was told they can give him stuff to help (my hmg injections) would be fine whilst TTC!

Then I said- can you double check I have had all my bloods done so I can get started after my nurses appointment next week-
OMG no chromosome test done!!!! Well they're not sure if I've had it done as my results are pending- they're going to look into what I've had done and let me know Tuesday when I go in....

Basically I piped up for once in my life! I told them "I am sick of them not doing anything! If they sorted oh out whilst I was on meds I'd probably be pregnant by now! they don't want to help oh and they want me to do IVF- then I agree to do IVF and you don't even do all my bloods- well they're not sure... I went crazy stood up and told them I have had enough they've had us yo-yoing for years and messing me around they have no idea what having no kids is like and how hard this is...." Then I stormed out the room I didn't even shake his hand- FUMIN is not the word!!!

So hoping Tuesday they tell me I have done this chromosome test- even if I have it's going to out me back a few more weeks for the results :/

Grrrrrrr sorry for ranting!!!!

kazza :hi: how are you getting on?
Thanks for the reassurance about EC :)

plex you have really good prices! I've to pay £350 for Ivf or £1310 if I need icsi- we are doing standard Ivf and if none fertilise we will do icsi next time round...
How I see it is- they only use to have standard Ivf back in the day so I'm giving that a try :)

Yes try not to think about it Hun :hugs: most of the tests are just to make sure they match you with a lady with the same results etc... But I do know what you mean you worry once the testing begins!
I was most worried about my amh but luckily that came back on the high scale of things :)

I'm good thanks, been feeling a bit snappy lately to my oh and family members so not sure what's up with me :shrug: I think it might be where I'm not actively ttc at the moment?!

Yeah I was shocked at the prices here too - that includes the £75 hefa fees aswell!
Think ive resigned myself to the fact that I'll be doing the egg sharing regardless. Its kinda bitter sweet, Id love to concieve with as little intervention as possible but I need the intervention and will take it.
I think the frustaration of not being able to do anything in the ttc department to help things along is intense. I find I get stressed/upset really easily now and i feel like crying or screaming - even at work when its worse as my mind is on other things like tests and opks etc.
Hope ur ok hun :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->