Anyone starting to set up the process of EGG SHARING? If so come join me 8 BFP's

Hi ladies,

Egg collection is fine Hun, best part, you don't feel a thing, your overies feel big and swollen for a few days but that was all for me!!

Injections for me were fine after the first couple! Easy now! You'll get the hang of it xxx

Thanks! That makes me feel a little better to know that :) How were u up until egg collection - were u very uncomfortable?

Hope i do get the hang of the injections! Think i'll have to try to inject myself the next time im due to take my trigger.

Hope ur doin well. x

worse day from hell! We went to ohs appointment and he was told his fsh levels are a little low- hence the low testosterone but they won't give him anything! We was told they can give him stuff to help (my hmg injections) would be fine whilst TTC!

Then I said- can you double check I have had all my bloods done so I can get started after my nurses appointment next week-
OMG no chromosome test done!!!! Well they're not sure if I've had it done as my results are pending- they're going to look into what I've had done and let me know Tuesday when I go in....

Basically I piped up for once in my life! I told them "I am sick of them not doing anything! If they sorted oh out whilst I was on meds I'd probably be pregnant by now! they don't want to help oh and they want me to do IVF- then I agree to do IVF and you don't even do all my bloods- well they're not sure... I went crazy stood up and told them I have had enough they've had us yo-yoing for years and messing me around they have no idea what having no kids is like and how hard this is...." Then I stormed out the room I didn't even shake his hand- FUMIN is not the word!!!

So hoping Tuesday they tell me I have done this chromosome test- even if I have it's going to out me back a few more weeks for the results :/

Grrrrrrr sorry for ranting!!!!

kazza :hi: how are you getting on?
Thanks for the reassurance about EC :)

:hugs: how awful! hope uve got some answers hun xx

plex I want to come to your clinic to get ICSI at that price if I need it the following cycle :)
It is hard but fx'd if you look towards egg sharing hopefully you will get your little surprise :hugs:

It's so frustrating doing NOTHING it makes me want to cry! I don't do opk's or anything as I know I'm not ovulating which sucks, plus if I didn't get pregnant on meds I doubt I will naturally :dohh:

How are you anyway? Any plans for the weekend?

And I personally think the trigger hurts more than stimms, but that's just my opinion :)

:D the more the merrier :D U live far from Coventry? All the screening is free of charge too :) meds u get a standard package and any additional meds u have to pay for but its definatley affordable, the standard ivf prices are sooooooo high i think it'd be more painful paying for everything than the proceedures and injecting lolol
:thumbup: :happydance: think i cud manage the stimms then :) haha the trigger does sting a bit! How big are the needles for the others?
Its sucks that we need meds to get a baby, wish i was a fertile mertle :D I had my nephews and neices round to play with my lb and got a bit emotional thinking how wonderful itd be with a houseful of children and deep down knowing that maybe just one is all I'll have. I know Im very lucky and blessed to have my lb but would love to give him a sibling too :cry:
Sorry bout that :) xx
Im working all weekend, braving the snow lol I work nights and have to go out on calls through the night sometimes too. I like snow but hate working while its like this.
How have u been? U had any answers yet regarding ur chromosome tests? Did they do them? Hope ur having a great weekend!!
:hugs: xx

I live in southampton so that kind of sucks :( all my screening was/is free too but the price for ICSI here is ridiculous! I wish they had your prices here :(

I used menopur and the needle was real thin it was a syringe needle- it wasn't too long, not sure what you will use or even me? Could be gonal f which is a pen... Honest it's fine after the first one :)

Aw I didn't realise you had a ill boy :) how old is he???
I know what you mean all my family is fertile... All got like 4 kids each, sucks I can't join them :(
And it's fine this is what this thread is for- talk all you want about anything :hugs:

I love the snow too but it's a right pain when you have to be places isn't it!

I go for my nurses appointment on tues and they said they will look deeper into it then wether I have had my chromosome test done or not as its pending...

I'm having a good weekend, got ohs ill girl and my niece and nephew I'm sat here debating wether to take them round to play shack as not much they can do in the snow/ice :shrug:

How's your weekend going?

:( thats a shame - too far for treatment u think?
U might not need the icsi yet :)
My lb is 18months old :) I started trying for #2 when he was about 4months as we had problems conceiving him - took 4.5years with intervention. I wouldve preferred to have children closer together in age so thats why i started when i did as i thought it may take awhile :(
My brother has three children and as far as i know there were no problems as his partner got pregnant quite quickly - not long after they met. It does suck that it happens so easily for some people and others have to try a lot harder.
My close friend has similar issues as me so that helps - we can rant to each other about it all.
I really hope they've already done ur chromosome tests - im keepin my fxd for u x
Did u manage to get out yesterday in the end?
How olds ur ohs lg? un ur neice un nephew? My nephews 12 and my neices are 7 and 6 :)(my brothers children) I have another nephew and neice on my husbands side that are 18 and 12 too :)
Im looking forward to getting home safely and crawling into my pit :sleep: :haha: unfortunatly ive got another 5hours left so plenty of:coffee: for me lol
:hugs:

plex yes too far I think as we will be having a lot of appointments :( to be fair though we are trying without ICSI first time- how I see it is- years ago thy didn't have ICSI and IVF was successful- if we aren't successful (like none fertilise) then I will do thenicsi next time...

18months how cute :) did you have to have meds to conceive your lb?
You're so lucky to be able to rant to your friend :) none of my friends have had issues and they've all had babies- so basically I'm the odd one out really...

I know right! I wish that life could be fair and give us all the same chances in life- sucks others get pregnant real quick and others have to do IVF but I guess that is life :shrug:

A lady I met when I had my lap/OD/ hysteroscopy at the same time with at the hospital- I took her 5 attempts at IVF but she didn't give up and now she is 12weeks pregnant after the 5th time, so I know I won't ever give up until I am too old to do it...

Yesterday we didn't go out in the end we just went to my mums round the corner- it was far to icy and oh didn't really want to drive in it when he didn't really have to but they loved it at my mums as their cousin was there :)
Did you end up getting to work okay???

My ohs girl is 5 and half and his lb is 7... I have 24 nieces and nephews :) they range from 30yrs- 3yrs :haha: but the little girls I have with ohs lg they're 5&6 and they take it in turns to come and stay :)

I hope work wasn't too much of a killer for you :(

kazza how are you getting on Hun????

yeah i needed meds with him but was lucky and managed with the clomid :) Dont know whats different this time? Its not like I concieved him the first time we tried or anything so maybe im just someone that'll take a long time every time? I didnt have any diagnosis last time either - vast contrast to this time as theyve told me everything, thats the difference between nhs and private then i guess? Either that or my last consultant didnt find anything???? :shrug:

I find it most frustrating at work where everyones had no problems at all and seem super fertile, like they try and catch the first month! Ive told my mum and dhs mum cos dhs mum kept asking whens we were going to have children after we got married then after our lb when we were going to have our next. Theyve both been really good and understanding, im quite lucky really. My friend lives about 1-2hrs drive away from me so i dont get to see her as often as i wud like but we txt every day.

Wow bet its expensive at Christmas for u with all those neices and nephews!! :)

:D How amazing - bet shes sooo happy that she didnt stop treatment or give up :)

Got into work and back fine, it was a bit dicey in areas but got where i needed to thats the main thing. Im back in again tonight but then off for three.

How are u doing?

I'm glad clomid worked for you the first time Hun :hugs: such a shame it didn't work this time, I guess like they say your body changes :/

My family know abut our troubles too as I hated being asked every 5 minutes! It's nice to have people who know :hugs:

Yes the lady I was talking about was so happy bless her I felt so happy for her shed been through so much :hugs:

Xmas is VERY expensive I am starting very early this year :)

Had my appointment today...
Well good and bad news today...

The good news is- all bloods are done...

The bad news is- they don't know when they can match me as I'm mixed race and they have no mixed recipients waiting... Because I'm so "white" in colour and greeny/ blue eyes in going to be even harder to match as most mixed race recipients would want darker skin and brown eyes....
So basically I'm in for a wait as to receiving my match :(

I will be doing provera when I get my match and then I will be doing an antagonist protocol with-
Gonal f
Cetrotide
Trigger
Cringing gel

So now the waiting begins... This has to be the worse part....

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Sorry to hear that hun - how annoying and frustrating!! I really hope ur not waiting too long. Good news about the blood tests though as u'll be good to go when any matches come in. From the sounds of it they were quite vague in how long u may be waiting for too?
We'll all be waiting with u hun :hugs:
Have they suggested trying anything else while ur waiting like more injecions?
:hugs:

Thanks Hun, they have been very vague which sucks as I'd rather just go elsewhere if I'm going to be in for a long wait...
It was funny though she asked to see a picture of my dad to see what sort of skin tone my family is :haha:
She said all the ladies waiting are white at the moment... Like why wouldn't they tell me this before?!

Nope they haven't offered me anything for the meantime which sucks really... So I'm basically left doing nothing once again in the hope someone matches me... I'm kind of worried they won't be able to match me now :(

How are you doing anyway? I hope work goes okay for you :hugs:

Hiya

Scerena sorry to hear you have been mucked around! But I'm glad that all bloods are now done! Rally hoping you don't have to wait for too much longer and you are matched soon! hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Plex I jus felt really Bloated before ec and had headaches when down regging! Otherwise I was fine!

Afm, baseline scan is 1st feb, hope to start own regging then!

kazza I hope so Hun, I have just got to hope someone matches me sooner rather than later as I'm ready to go now...

Not long now how exciting for you Hun :) how are you feeling about it all??

Everything crossed Hun! Lttc seems to be constant flow of waiting around!! Grrr

I'm ok just want to get started properly now!! I want to fast forward to egg collection time!

kazza I know right! I wished that I could get started straight away I guess I just have to wait patiently... Story of our life's right?!

I bet you can't wait until EC time :) how exciting!!!

Fx'd I won't be too far behind you :)

Hey girls I have my egg share consultation on 5th feb. they'll be doing my AMH and going through my history.

Then hopefully I'm going to get my GP to do all my other bloods. Has anyone else had and problems with that?

Hope you don't mind me coming in here.

xxx

4magpies :hi: you're welcome here :)

I done all my bloods at the clinic but I can't see there begins problem doing them through your gp...

Gl with getting your AMH done :) not long until then 5th now :)

Thank you. I've had my FSH tested on the NHS and that was fine so hopefully my AMH is the same.

So annoyed we are having to go private. Just sick to the teeth of the NHS!

Thanks for the welcome.

xx

4magpies I know right the NHS suck! I've just done my request for funding letter to send tomo, if they say no then I'm appealing and fighting now I'm sick of being told no when I can live a few miles away and get it...

In the meantime I guess it's egg sharing :)

I'm sure your AMH will be fine :)

the nhs officially is a pain in the butt!! Its definatly not right that we should live by the postcode lottery - it should be the same amount of tries for everyone.

Scerena - How annoying!! cant believe theyve not given u anything to tide u by till u get a match, i wudve thought theyd at least offer u the chance to do another round of the injectables :growlmad:

Kazzab - Glad it doesnt sound too bad the build up to egg collection, although i bet id do my fair share of moaning about it lol How exciting really not long left for you now :D

4Magpies - :hi: Hiya good luck with all ur tests :)

Hope ur all doing well xx

Im just waiting patiently (ok not so patiently :haha:) hoping to hear back from the clinic sooner than i expect but doubt it will be much sooner than the three months theyve said it wud be :wacko: oh well, two weeks down and ten left :)

:hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->